Jesus Loves You In Spite of You...

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (142 posts)
  1. LeslieAdrienne profile image72
    LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years ago

That is the good news....

No matter how ragged you life, no matter how nasty your attitude, no matter what you have thought to do, or for that matter what you actually have done. He has forgiven all of us and all we have to do to experience His love is to receive it......

He delights in overwhelming those who hate Him with His love....

1. CMHypno profile image80
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, to me this just sounds patronising.  I certainly don't need saving, and neither does anyone else I know.

I respect that these are your beliefs, but it is unlikely that you are ever going to change another person's thinking or faith with this sort of statement.

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Leslie, all I have to say about this thread is.................eat my shorts!

LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ernestshub..

That just really sounds nasty....yuck!

1. earnestshub profile image79

As does this thread. smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually I reckon that Bart Simpson has life pretty much figured out.

He seems to understand his environment well! smile

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

earnestshub,

That was a pretty good retort...touche'

I'll think of something witty and get back to you......smile

3. Pcunix profile image93
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you foolishly think we "hate"?

I doubt the man ever existed, but the non-religious aspects of his suposed teachings are admirable and I would expect that almost all atheists and humanists would agree with that.  Take out the religious malarkey and you have very pleasant, kind, and tolerant philosophy - amusingly, it is almost never what Christians practice as they tend to focus on the sky fairy aspects and ignore all the inconvenient tolerance that they dislike so much.

Ask the other atheists and I expect you will hear the same answer.  You would also find that, as a group, we would be more in tune with that non-religious part than Christians are as a group.  We are usually tolerant, generous and forgiving - of course so are some Christians, and I admire them also (while still poking fun at their silly beliefs).

'And ye harm none, do as ye will.' I think the wiccans got it right. Why did it take the christians a whole book to say basically the same thing but with more venom?

1. Pcunix profile image93

Thry LIKE venom.

LoL in that case they should like Randy Goodwin. big_smile

Pcunix,

Don't ya just love the English language....big_smile

I didn't describe you as one who hates.....you did. If the shoe fits than wear it, it if doesn't than there's nothing you need to defend...big_smile

1. alternate poet profile image66
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love the English language and nowhere does he say he hates anything. 

It might get you to some understandding of something outside of your own ego if you stopped making flip, irrelevant, smug and mindless comments to people who take the time to post thought out responses to your nonsense.

4. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem is when he delights in hating those who are indifferent to his love. wink

5. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your statement lacks knowledge and wisdom of life, and I'll leave it there. lol lol lol

6. agvulpes profile image84
      agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is "here we go again"  Round and round the mulberry bush. I am going back to doing something more useful.
      Please Call me when something interesting shows up!
      I'm not expecting any calls real soon!

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful.
      speaking of love, do you ever feel nauseaus or feel a buzzing in your ears?

8. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

HI
      FIRST TELL ME FIRST

WHAT ARE THE LOSES BEFORE JESUS AND WHAT ARE THE GAINS AFTER JESUS.

SIMPLY LOVES MEANS WHAT. EVERYBODY LOVES EVERYBODY.

JAY.

9. JulesGerome profile image59
      JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to know ,hey ! That even your attitude is nasty and patronizing, Jesus loves you anyway, Leslie Adrienne !

10. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If he 'delights in overwhelming those who hate Him with His love,' then he sounds a tad sadistic to me.

Wait til you read the rest of his book!  Sadistic, jealous, petty  - any nun could sue for divorce just based on his own words!

1. lorlie6 profile image72
          lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

HA! smile

11. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that by far is the smallest thing I have ever seen go to someones head.

And thank you it made my day.

12. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glory be to Almighty God for His grace and love!

2. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

L@@K, SPAM!!! yikes

Hey Misha, on Friday the local Jehovah's witnesses actually got dropped off in front of my house. big_smile

Mmmm spam. Oh wait ewww I just remember someone mentioning spam s'mores on another thread.

Invite them in for an orgy.  I did thst once:  "Oh, you are early! The orgy starts at seven, but come in, come in!"

Priceless reaction smile

big_smile I'm usually nice. I save my spite for the telemarketers (although why they don't accept my marriage proposals is beyond me!).

I usually dredge up big words like 'Greek Interlinear' and 'The trinity in relation to the ten commandments as proof that Saturday is the sabbath' to make the JWs think I know more than them. Usually works and they run. Coz I look about sixteen they think I must be the devil incarnate. big_smile

3. sydney1234567890 profile image53
    sydney1234567890posted 13 years ago

yeah but why will it end and have 100 years inteal we die so we so lots of time ok lol

What?

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Jesus Loves You In Spite of You..."

Leave us alone.

paradigmsearch....

Please don't start that again....hmm

2. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AMEN,  Leslie

3. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is encumbent upon thinking people to oppose the promotion, the continual promotion, of an ideology that has caused untold death, misery and suffering for the human race for so long.  I look forward to the day when normal people look back at religion as a temporary insanity of mankind.

Well said! smile

5. stilljustwonderin profile image58
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Yes he does.  I know there has been times in my life that he has helped me even tho I never gave him a thought.  He loved me even then, when I had no time for him.

Still

We can look back at so many times when things could have gone wrong and we know, that there had to have been supernatural intervention from the Lord because we are here today. smile

1. stilljustwonderin profile image58
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He loved us even then.  big_smile

And hated every poor child on the planet by that same reasoning.

Unless you are suggesting that you are somehow more important than they are.

That's Megalomania folks! smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Too bad he doesn't intervene with the kids who die daily of starvation. Perhaps, he's too busy intervening in your life? wink

God uses people to help people...so, there are many ways that you can be the hand of God to help curtain some of the starvation....are you interested in knowing more???

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Why doesn't your god use those people to help you, instead? Why would god feed you instead of them? Why would he need people to help other people when he could do it himself?

God feeds me so that I can give to those who are in need....He uses people because He wants people to connect with one another....when we help oneanother, we show the love of God one toward another.......When a person is moved to help someone from their heart, that is God doing it..... wink

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent message. God is love, our creator, and our source. We are required to show love.

1. profile image0
                  china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When people are moved to help another that is human compassion.  By trying to pass this off as god doing it you are insulting your own humanity.

And.....

Humanity is only good to the extent of its training on what goodness looks like....

Surely, you don't think that your humanity or attitude toward mankind has not be a result of the influences of society? You couldn't possibly believe that you are good inherently, that you always want the best for all people or that you are only law abiding because of the consequences of violating the law?

2. Beelzedad profile image59

So, why are you the one that gets fed but others are not? Why shouldn't those others who are starving get the food and then give it to you? What's the difference here?

I don't know....I just use what I've got to give to those who are in need...

You don't know? Thank you for an honest answer, you are one of the first to offer an honest answer to this most difficult question.  smile

Perhaps, you would be willing to show your honesty again and walk through it with me?

Your god answers some of your prayers, which helps you in your life, gives you food and clothing and other such things, yet he does not provide anything for so many other people. These other people are Christians too, even though they are living on the other side of the world in abject poverty.

Hence, we have Christians who believe god answers some of their prayers and Christians who know for a fact god does not answer any of their prayers, as they and their children, and everyone else around them starve to death.

Perhaps, god doesn't really answer anyone's prayers and everything you have is the result of your environment and what you have achieved yourself due to the opportunities available to you. They are also in the same boat, however their environment does not allow the same opportunities, so they are unable to achieve the same things as you.

Would that make more sense to you?  smile

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

What a pile of arrogant ego drive self aggrandisement I see here!

This is what megalomania looks like folks!

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She is one of our educators, according to her profile, Earnest!  LOL!  Definitely from the Bible Belt!

I loved this statement! smile

"Don' trip, Hell is as real as New York City is....and everyone who refuses to receive the free gift of God, Jesus Christ is going there....."

All are included in the hate filled psychotic prediction, unlike the gates of heaven which are closed to all but those who follow her version of god apparently! smile
        Bloody hilarious!

Yes, unless we follow the advice of this very serious lady, we will burn in hellfire for all eternity!

2. mythbuster profile image72
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey I know what megalomania looks like earnestshub.

It's often staring back at me from my mirror lol

As I chant
      1 bloody mary
      2 bloody mary

... I chicken out before the third round lol

smile

Grog will do that to ya! smile

I don't get past 2 bloody marys these days.

7. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

And of course the always amusing  "hating god" stuff.

I wonder if she hates unicorns, elves and leprechauns?

I can almost picture god saying " Randy! Leslie said you wouldn't think like her!  You just get your ass in that fire and brimstone pit with Earnest and Mark!  And no snickering at Leslie's back either!"

2. profile image0
      JacquiDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, do we have to reject the gift now or after we die?  Just so I know, I might not be totally screwed when I die and go, "oh crap, they were right?"   hehe

I'm Agnostic, and I don't hate Christians or god at all.  I just don't believe the theories taught in that religion.  In ancient Rome and Greece, millions of people were convinced there were many different gods, and they knew it so because they had faith and the gods had touched them, too.  It's another philosophy to me.  But I'm totally down with other people believing in them.  Just like I'm down with Hinduism, Judaism, etc. etc. etc. 

Now the first post (Leslie) doesn't say "people who don't believe", it says "people who hate him".  So, there are plenty of Christians shaking their fist in anger at god and I believe that statement was for them, right?  I didn't take it as a personal attack, but I think some people did :-/

In my opinion, forcing beliefs or belittling beliefs of others is wrong, don't confuse this with debating.   And that goes for Atheist/Agnostic/Christian alike!  Cause both sides do it.  And some don't, as well :-)  Oh, and I'm totally filled with love and beauty and fulfillment all the time. Yay!

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

Pcnix,

Unicorns are alright, but those elves and leprechauns are real ugly little critters smile

8. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Can't you guys IM or something? Using a thread to sit and make jokes to each other about a hubber you disagree with? Really?

Who's joking?

2. Pcunix profile image93

Aww.  Do you want us to make fun of some other religious person?

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like growing up is not an option?

You think poking fun at ridiculous beliefs is immature?  What would HAVING those beliefs be?

1. h.a.borcich profile image59

By Randy : I can almost picture god saying " Randy! Leslie said you wouldn't think like her!  You just get your ass in that fire and brimstone pit with Earnest and Mark!  And no snickering at Leslie's back either!"

You went beyond laughing at her beliefs - you made it personal. But you smarties know that.

So it isn't personal when others say those who don't think like them are headed for hell?  That is a judgment on their part about the way I look at things and how wrong I am!  But you don't think it's personal?  Come on, you aren't serious are you?

2. earnestshub profile image79

Oooh! Ooooh! Let me guess!! smile

3. Jerami profile image60
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could tell ya but you wouldn't like what ya hear.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Suppose someone told you if you didn't worship a striped butted baboon you would spend eternity upside down in quicksand!  Would you take them seriously?  Answer honestly now!  Wouldn't you be tempted to snicker a little over it or would you worry about your soul and lose sleep?  Your answer?

1. profile image0

Well, if (and my personal belief, so calm down if you disagree!) religion is essentially a form of government (example: marriage for procreation, behave or you'll be punished, etc), doesn't it make sense for this religion/governing body to make rules, such as not believing sends you to hell, to get more people afraid of not being that religion?  And, in affect, more people to behave with what that society is looking to achieve at the time?

I am one of the calmest persons you would ever want to meet, JD!
              Despite my posts, none of this phases me at all!  I live among many fundies here in the deep south and have been amused by them most of my life!  I can discuss anything without getting angry, but I cannot say the same for others!

And your question is fair!  But who makes the rules in your scenario?

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Hmmm!  Was this a difficult question, H.A.?

1. profile image0

Oh man sorry I was lost in another forum-land.. haha.  I mean like, looking back at history when these religions were formed.  Rome used the Pope hardcore to control people.  Spain did, too, the Spanish inquisition.  Things like that, where the religious hierarchy was in control.  Also, how about when Constantine in Rome took the bible and changed things he didn't like!  Wowzers, if you ask me! lol

LOL! This question was for h.a. borcich, JD! 
                Although I do know what you mean about Constantine and his efforts with manipulating the bible to mean what he wished it to!

H.A opted not to respond, apparently!

1. profile image0

hahaha yea I totally saw that after I posted.. I'm in Jersey, it's late here.. my eyes are crossed.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2. h.a.borcich profile image59

Grow up! It is the late at night and I took a flipping nap. Do you really think I would lose sleep over larry, moe and curly on hubpages?
                  By the way, if I post on a thread a few hours  from now - it is because I don't sleep well. Nothing to do with you.

Does this mean you are not going to answer my original question?

2. profile image0

I'm not so much as defending their reasoning, but recognizing why they do it in a logical sense.  Which does make sense, I think.

Perhaps, but a religious sense and a logical sense are not compatible in most cases!

1. profile image0

I view that more as a personal problem.

Hehehe.. well, for most people, at least.  I think my Agnosticism is very logical! :-)

Mine too!  Logical people are doomed, as far as religion is concerned!

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image72

H.A.

Thanks for your concern for me...that is really sweet and I appreciate it. Please don't think that I take any attack on my character, beliefs or career choice seriously....

There is an old saying, "Only a hit dog will holla'."  That is all that they are doing...hollering. Let them holler honey, let them holler.

So,  don't worry, besides, they may be right about my teaching....some of those kids-----absolutely terrible.  Does anybody know what  happened to respect for your elders? I think it's gone out the window. big_smile big_smile big_smile

9. earnestshub profile image79

I hope the religionists have got the right god!
    What could possibly go wrong there? Oh that's right! We have too many versions of god!

But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.'  You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?'  If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message.  That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.  (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

What's the chances of not being killed by this god for worshipping from the wrong bits in the "good book?" lol

10. earnestshub profile image79

to show I read my bible, here is what they sed jesus sed. smile

Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at   
             Jerusalem. Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
    Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee Matt 28:16,17

Christ ascended from Mount Olivet  Acts 1:9,12

Christ ascended from Bethany Luke 24:50,51

Which one was it and why?

1. Jerami profile image60

Well ....   one day he came down from mt Olivette  another day he came to them in the upper room...   You forgot to mention that on another day he made wine while attending a wedding.

How about they lied? smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And he went to Amerika like wot the mormons sez innit? Woz that after he is ded or b4? And then he was hanged and then his friends made a shroud wot looks jus' like him and that proves it.

If you believe it it gotta be so.
          You can paint your reality any coluuur  ya wont to.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe any of it Jerami - as you well know. But the Mormons believe Jesus went to Amerika.

believe it or not    I don't believe everything that everybody says.  He could have I'm not going to argue or agree with them???  But who am I to know.

I begin with believing them words  written in red.

2. Mancini profile image60
              Manciniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Mormons only believe Jesus went to America because the Americans don't like it that the USA isn't mentioned in the Bible! smile

Wrong!  The Mormons were scammed by a well known con man and still are, for that matter!

1. JulesGerome profile image59
                  JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By a well known man that didn't like the fact that USA wasn't mentioned in the bible.

Ernesto, (that's Spanish for Ernest)big_smile

Here is your answer.

Answers.com :
      In studying the Gospel accounts we must always consider the context into which they were written and by whom they were written. The custom of ancient historians was to pay attention to significant events and their meaning rather than strict chronology. So, effectively the answer to the question may never be known. All the events and appearances in the Gospels, including those recorded in Mark 16 certainly occurred and there is also most certainly no contradiction at all between them. The obsession with exact times and order of appearances etc is a 'modern' approach which is simply not how the ancient historians worked.

Further to this it must be stated that scholars have realized that there is no requirement that any particular detail be recorded in the Gospels. All four are written by different people with different editorial criteria and so, as with any eyewitness account differences, even major ones, would be expected. No conclusion whatsoever can thus be made of material which is not included. Contradictions are created by not understanding the documents, where there is no contradiction at all.

Nowhere does Matthew state that the appearance in Galilee was the first - he has merely omitted certain details mentioned by others. To say "Matthew's narrative forbids the supposition of any meeting in Judea" is totally incorrect. Nowhere does Matthew say this. A simple reading of the relevant passage in Matthew 28 will reveal this. Reading things into the text and de-contextualizing the text bring conclusions which are contrary to what it says and create contradictions where there are none.

To answer the question directly, the first place where Jesus appeared to His disciples was clearly in Jerusalem, where they were gathered behind closed doors for fear

The Ascension

Scripture indicates that the Jesus ascended into heaven in the vicinity of Bethany. This village is down the east slope of the Mt. of Olives (Mt. Olivet) about 1.5 miles ...

11. earnestshub profile image79

Here is my answer to religion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXUJLqgeuOA
    I rest my case.
    He is one of yours! lol lol lol

12. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Mrs Robinson............ and others,
    Jesus loves you more than you will ever know

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

2. Mancini profile image60
      Manciniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"For God so loved Earnest that he gave his only Son; that if Earnest believed in him, he should not die but have eternal life." (John 3:16 -- God's Message to Earnest:))

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No point in telling him, you know

3. earnestshub profile image79

Nice. Proof! lol

1. profile image0

You guys should all read the book "Lamb" by Christopher Moore.  It explains everything about Jesus pretty well in there.

13. Pcunix profile image93
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Speaking of "pray on it":

A few years back, I told a customer that their eight year old computer needed replacing.

The guy said "I have to pray on that" and disappeared into his office for half an hour.

Apparently his god agreed with me, because when he came out, he told me to go ahead and get a new server.

It's good to know that his imaginary friend approved, bu too bad he had to pay me for advice when the big pretend guy could have just told him that directly.   But those gods are always busy doing mysterious stuff, so you cannot count on them.

14. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Beel you just scared the beelzedads out of me with that link lol

Did you read this page:

What We Believe:

We Believe…

* the entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.

* in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.

* Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.

* water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

* in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.

* every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ.

* as children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.

Hmmm.  I wonder if ole Joel takes donations for his ministry?  Surely not, he probably gave all of his money to the poor, like Jesus would have done!

15. sydney1234567890 profile image53

how to you put that picture!

16. earnestshub profile image79

LeslieAdrienne wrote:

"But I jump in the water and swim all of the way to the other side. When I get there, I enjoy the fruit of what is there.

So, I suppose I am more favored than others, because I stayed the course"

You don't even spot the megalomania in your statement do you?

sad. sad

17. earnestshub profile image79

It still amuses me that an otherwise intelligent person could attempt to justify all the thousands of contradictory scriptures, yet still believe in those who wrote them being inspired by god.

What is inspirational about the psychotic god of the OT?

I defy you to explain how the omnipotent one true god is not a psychopath.

Thanks for assuming I am intelligent big_smile there are days when my intellect certainly fails....

You know I am not going to take that challenge. The only language that I could use to meet the challenge is the language of my understanding. And, since I believe the Bible justifies and explains itself, it would be presumptuous of me to try explain much more than I have already.

Besides, God proves Himself over time.....and the fact is that no matter what we think, or do, He is omnipotent....and, I don't think our opinions or arguments about Him will affect who He is....wink

Sidebar: would you  consider writing a hub on common phrases (clean ones) used in Australia?  I think it would be an interesting read....if you write it, let me know:D

Almost all my hubs about Australia have some local language with a couple explaining "Strine" I will see if I can find one for you if you like. smile

Leslie I have been free of religion for over 30 years now. smile
        Here ya go. smile
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Australian-a-mi … t-and-nuts

Thanks for the link....I 've read it and left a comment big_smile

18. sydney1234567890 profile image53

yeah but how i do not know

19. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus Loves You In Spite of You...

Jesus cannot love; he is no god or son of god; only the Creator-God Allah YHWH lives and He loves the human beings.

Jesus died a natural and peaceful death in Srinagar, Kashmir, India; one can visit his tomb if one likes.

Did you know the name "Allah" means moon-god?

20. sydney1234567890 profile image53

send me a song for it ? please becuase my kids are says please to me and they will not stop! so what is up with you today i just got home from school i am so tryed and i do not now how to stop it = and why will i not? and i like you are a good arteist like

21. sydney1234567890 profile image53

maybe you can call him

22. sydney1234567890 profile image53

well got to go

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)