why god judges?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (80 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

why god judges?..why god is interested in judging and why HE is interested in sending people to hell...is it that every one would reach heaven eventually or is hell permanent for those who get in?

1. YU_First 1 profile image61
      YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God judges because he laid out right and wrong. Failure to follow right is why he judges.

2. mike2000 profile image61
      mike2000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"God judging you and sending you to hell" is merely a preoccupying thought preventing you from exercising your own free will or use of your mind.

"HE" is not interested in judging. Ultimately, you will judge yourself through your actions and find your own level of peace accordingly.

3. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The church's definition of judgement is not exactly the same as the dictionary's definition of judgement. To the church it is black or white. To a dictionary, or to that matter a high court judge, it means to make a balanced assessment of an individual's case, passing sentence based on the severity of the crime comitted, extenuating circumstances, past record, and the remorse expressed by the convicted.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

with legal judgement, the person that does the crime does the time.  Not so in christianity - generations get punished because a talking snake conned a rib-woman into eating an apple

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who says that God is judging anyone. It is not God who judges, but satan who accuses.

5. mythbuster profile image71
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pat just told me Hell is for children...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sa0MkWoeTk

smile

6. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is a loving God, and he does not send anyone to hell. People send themselves to hell when they choose to live their life according to their own selfish morals, instead of what the bible teaches of how we should live. Some of you may not like this message, but there is no need to be afraid of the truth. God loves me, so I have no choice but to love each and everyone of you. Take care!

1. Beelzedad profile image60
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People don't go walking off to hell on their own accord, someone needs to send them their because they didn't worship your god, and the only one can do that is your god. A person could do far more good in this world than any given Christian and still not worship your god or live their life according to your holy book, yet your god will still send them to hell.

It isn't a message, it's a threat. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love is not something you can "do" because your god told you to.

Love has no demands and no conditions. You can not "love" because you are commanded to do so.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Hi earnest, sure I can. My heart is filled with love, so I can't help but love unconditionally everyday.

2. lone77star profile image72
          lone77starposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, Earnest. We have free will. Thank goodness for that.

Some beautiful wisdom, Earnest. Love truly is unconditional. And God (if He exists) would not demand anything. He would merely love us and help us to reawaken, spiritually.

But each of us has the freedom to refuse to wake up. The process of waking up requires that we want it. If we never want it, then there you go. Earnest (the true self behind those beautiful mortal eyes of yours) remains a meat body as long as it's possible to reincarnate on this small planet... until helium ignition occurs in the Solar core. Then bye-bye planet Earth and all these meat bodies we love so much. But heck, that won't happen for another 4-5 billion years. Plenty of time.

7. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If one foolishly steps off of the roof of a very tall building and goes splat, that is God judging you. Karma is God judging you, but that which set karma in motion was your own actions to begin with. And there is no "bad" karma. All karma is an opportunity to wake up spiritually. Too few are smart enough or strong enough to take that opportunity. Personally, I'm still working on it.

Some of these jokers here think that they are their physical bodies. In a few decades, when their bodies are decaying in the ground or ashes spread across the sea, they will suckle against another tit which they will soon call "mommy," and may dimly remember their old names. Yet, their new body will soon forget such details.

And when they suffer in their new lives, say a century from now, they may either resent the apparent source of that suffering, or they may finally take responsibility for what they themselves have created.

Nearly 400 years ago, Rene Descartes wrote "dieu en moi." Genesis 1:26 tells us that we are baby gods. We have the power of creation. Sometimes we stupidly create something like stepping off a very tall building. We have judged ourselves. Splat!

8. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is an attribute of the Creator-God Allah YHWH to check the performance of the created and judge them according to the purpose of their creation and reward them accordingly. The next stage of the life has different dimensions, those who do not obey his commandments and spend their lives according to them, they are incapacitated to join that life; this is their hell. Those who obey his commandments will be suited to the new environments and would happily engage in the activities of the new life; it is their heaven:

[67:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
      [67:2] Blessed is He in Whose hand is the kingdom, and He has power over all things;
      [67:3] Who has created death and life that He might try you — which of you is best in deeds; and He is the Mighty, the Most Forgiving.
      [67:4] Who has created seven heavens in harmony. No incongruity canst thou see in the creation of the Gracious God. Then look again: Seest thou any flaw?
      [67:5] Aye, look again, and yet again, thy sight will only return unto thee confused and fatigued.
      [67:6] And verily, We have adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and We have made them for driving away satans, and We have prepared for them the punishment of the blazing Fire.
      [67:7] And for those who disbelieve in their Lord there is the punishment of Hell, and an evil resort it is!

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=0

2. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

The true judges not, infact He rather seeks to justfies all.

The false god nevertheless cannot help but judge his own.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

interest in point..can you please elaborate on this?

1. kess profile image59
        kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since all things comes in pairs , there is a true and a false God.

The True has perfected himself and thus He is united and is one. All that belongs to him share of his nature.
        Thus they all are united as One.

The false does no know neither can he ever perfect him self. Thus he is always divided against himself.

Thus is nature is seen in his actions. And all that belongs to him share of his nature.
        Comparing criticising judging the others as false.

Learn the unity of the True and you now know all things.

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

There are no gods to judge, just men using myths to judge other men is all. smile

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was going to say something along the same lines - it's really people doing the judging

4. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

God doesn't send people to hell.  He gives people a choice.
    Like at my house.  This is my house.  People are welcome at my house, "IF" they follow my rules.  Any one who doesn't follow my rules has to leave my house.

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But after they leave your house, they can go anywhere they please---But when God asks us to leave his house, there is only one place left to go.  So, by default, He is sending us to hell.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO!   You are smarter than that.

It is like  ,  "you are welcome at my camp fire but give honor to me and my camp fire. YOU can't take what is mine away from me.

If  YOU  choose to go sleep by the river and are eaten by a lion.  That wasn't my choice but YOURS.  I didn't eat you, the lion did.  I didn't make you choose to sleep by the river.

1. alternate poet profile image68
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is exactly the issue - deferring responsibilty to the lion rather than accepting responsibility for YOU not looking after someone by letting them stay in safety.  All religion, faith or other mystical illusions do this, it is where dogma overcomes humanity.

You are not going to let someone stay in your house if they are abusing you or your house, no matter how cold it is outside.

Anyone that apreciates the hospitality should respect the Host.

Like don't bite the hand that feeds you ??

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so ..heaven is where god is? or does god have different house?

I don't know ?   I guess what ever he wants.

2. getitrite profile image71

Just where is tolerance in your analogy?  If you know someone will be killed by lions if they leave the safety of your house, why would you be callous enough to throw them out anyway?

Just what level of abuse are you talking about?
              I would think the only abuse severe enough for a visitor to be thrown out in a situation like that would be, if he were assaulting me, and my life was in danger.  Or if he was trying to burn down the house.

How much is too much?  Is making one hole in a great big dike
                sufficient to make them quit it.    Or do they have to have a stick o dynamite bfore you lay the law down?

Everyone would draw the line differently.
                  When abusive behavior begins it most often keeps increasing until you put your foot down.

Why not put your foot down at an earliest opportunity and avoid a lot of strife.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61
        stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, he would be very happy to have you at his house.  It is your choice to leave.

Well, first and foremost, He failed to present any evidence of His existence.  Not 1 iota.

That means I would have to choose to be blindly gullible just to believe He is even in His house.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61

If you were stranded on the road during a snow storm and "hearsay" told you that just around the corner was a nice warm shelter with all the accommadations, would you stay in your car or walk around the corner?
            Once inside the shelter will you follow the rules so you can stay?
            If you choose not to follow the rules and go back out into the snow storm and freeze to death, whose fault is it?

Could we just stop for a minute...ok?
              In order for you and Jerami to support the indefensible position that you hold, it has become apparent that you are now desperate enough to grasp at anything if you think it will work.

It is not working, and you have now gone off on an inane, absurd tangent, using one childish analogy after another...trying desperately to escape the discomfort that honesty would cause you.

Not one of your analogies is in concensus with an omnipotent, omniscient God.  Your analogies are all about the way YOU would respond to these hypothetical situation. You  Are  Not  God!

The honest answer is that an omniscient omnipotent God has no need to judge anything, for in judging us He is only judging Himself, because free will is not possible under an omniscient deity.

And if you are implying that He sometimes suspends his omniscience, then He is not omniscient.

We are trying to put it in terms you can understand.   Simple language with out  giving scripture.
                You can not understand or you just don't want to understand.

Trying to get me to abdicate my mind is not the same as trying to get me to understand something.  I can be taught advanced Mathematics, Engineering, and Chemistry, which are all based on reason, therefore what you are saying is not based on reason, or, with my background, don't you think I could grasp it?  Huh?

However, I do understand psychology, so I understand WHY you are saying what you are saying--

I understand that you didn't answer my question.   Would the answer to my question cause you to eat your words?

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

He understands, he is simply pretending not to.

2. Jerami profile image59

It seems as though you just can not understand unless it fits within your beliefs therefore everyone else must be ignorant in YOUR judgmental eyes. 
                   Maybe someday ???

Hi Jerami!  It makes perfect sense to me the way we explained it.
                  I think, even a child would understand.

A child would understand, because a child's mind is not strong enough to understand the physical world--you know--just like creationists!

Hence, you should only say absurd things like this to weak minds if you expect any "understanding" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91NpQ-D8Y0

2. getitrite profile image71

No, not ignorant, just delusional.  Just how does a rational person convince himself that nonsense is reason, and reason is nonsense? 

Your trying to persuade me to believe that nonsense is reason--is not ignorance, because I know you are a sensible man in most of the other aspects of your life, or you would not have lived to be as old as you are, but on this religious thing you are delusional, buddy.

Your delusion is based on fear.  Lose the fear lose the delusion.  Try it.

3. mom101 profile image60
        mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Choices. . . . . .chain of events........
        .getitrite, we have choices and as a result of the choices we make, we cause a chain of events to happen. Any action has a re-action. And whoever caused the "initial" action is responsible for the reaction. Some are just to "whatever" to face the consequences of their actions.
        A couple of months ago I opened my home to a homeless friend until he could get his life back on the right track. Since the house I live in was my parents, (and I had to respect them while I was here), the same was made clear to him. No drinkin, no drugs etc. Come n go as you may, but when here, respect.
        I have a 16 year old son. He has several electronic gadgets. and he shared. Just the boy treated them as his. The guest had no money, and after 2 months, showed no sign of attempting to get a job, so, I suggested we have a yard sale to mainly boost his ego or something. Went ok, I sold a few antiques, and at the end of the day, he assumed the money was his. ...Argument started calmly, ended with him saying a long list of not allowed four letter words, and I gave him a choice, either stop using that language or leave. He is no longer here.
        I overlooked a lot during his stay.  And in no way do I feel guilty by asking him to leave.
        My point,(and I am aware that many do not believe in a higher power) but hey, Grace will tolerate so much before leaving us.
        Consequences, are rarely ever enjoyable. But they are ours.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a relief. God sends people to burn for an eternity. Can you imagine if people did the same thing?

they do - remember napalm and those ungodly Vietnamese ?

1. profile image57
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

napalm, you have a couple of hundred enemy crawling in the jungle, shooting at young americans, they can not see the enemy, two napalm bombs stops the battle,  50 regular bombs may not accomplish  the task

You are one sick guy.  It is ok to napalm people in their own country to save the lives of the invading American aggressors -  There are two sides to every story but the white supremacist undertones in your trite reply are beyond understanding.  You are justifying the slaughter of millions of people, I guess becaue they were not christians ?

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

God does not judge.
    He has committed that to Jesus, because Jesus became a man (as one of us--flesh and blood---) and He understands our makeup. He knows what it means to be human.

"The Father judges no man, but has committed all judgement to the Son"..Jesus.

He went one step further and said that we are all judged "by the words which I )Jesus) have spoken".

Also He took all (our) judgment upon Himself (on the cross) so that we can go free!!!!!  SSSOOO

"Choose ye, this day whom ye serve, but as for me and my household, we WILL SERVE THE LORD."

ak  -  It is not enough that some people claim to 'know' the mind of their god, but that they seek to impose their imaginings on others.  If your god is all knowing, all evverything   why would he pass this job to your jesus - "because he understands our makeup"  the more you say the more you contradict yourself !

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

READ THE BOOK!

I didn't come up with it all by myself.
        I'm not that smart, right?

After all I am not a critical free thinker, I'm illogical and totally IRRATIONAL.
        DDAAAHHH! big_smile

At least we have one point of agreement. 

You shout THE BOOK, which one are you referring to, and which particular version in which particular translation?

Do I have to do everything for you?

Figure it out.

There is a "logical" process for researching that information.

Hint...
            Most any version will state what I posted

BTW if you want to abbreviate my "name", you can call me DJ, not ak. Ta.

ok DJ  and you can call me AP.

You don't know what book you read, or is it a game ?

Maybe it is the one that tells me to kill everyone who does not believe what it says,  no,  that doesn't help becasue they all do that.   Maybe its the one that tells me that I must not have sex except to breed more followers of the book, and no masturbating, no they all seem to do that pretty much.  Maybe the little red one that tells me I should shut my mind to everything except what it says,  no they all do that.

Ok - I give in, at least tell me whether it is in the library under fantasy or fiction, or murder mystery, or science fiction.

It's the one that has outsold every book ever published.
                Been a No;1 Best seller for centuries.
                66 books (letters etc) by 40 authors, and usually comes nicely leather bound.
                except for the paperback/soft cover editions...

Please quote me where Jesus tells His followers to kill, murder or something similar. hmm

Thanks AP. smile

That nicely leather bound book also has an Old Testament.
                  Would you like some quotes from the OT, since the Father, Son & Holy Ghost are one?

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61

AMEN

6. earnestshub profile image81

Which one of the thousands of god's judges?

Let me guess.

Your god right? lol lol lol

7. earnestshub profile image81

When it comes to myths, I find Zeus and his family depicts the human condition much better than either the bible or quoran. smile

8. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Yes - when the ideas are divided up into discrete 'gods' it is easier to see what each one represents etc.

1. earnestshub profile image81

True. The complex representations like Zeus display the relationship between hate and jealousy, envy and avarice much clearer and more distinctly than the biblical mono god.

Zeus was a right bastard of bastards, king of the psychos. lord of the human condition. The myth itself.

His mythical offspring offer much material for psychology.

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...hell's permanent...it's a closed club...the rules are private...only the priviledged get in...and the member's are sworn to secrecy...so don't ask me any more questions and i'll tell you no lies.....

hey all...what's up...still trying to figure out the truth I see!

A bit of truth is hard to find.
      I keep a little in my mind. smile
      It's only my truth this I know
      because my life myth told me so.
      smile

1. Ipeoney profile image70
        Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this a poem? Lol   why God judges that is the question

It just popped into my head like magic as little rhymes do ya know?

I reckon goddunnit. smile

10. earnestshub profile image81

Who's god gets to be the judge of who's god does the judging?

11. anime_nanet profile image58
    anime_nanetposted 13 years ago

Man is it's own GOD

12. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

...if the "god thing" of the bible existed, it has made so damned many mistakes, I don't know how it could think it had a right to judge anything but its ineptness...lol

13. profile image50
    Sirajyposted 13 years ago

Though Bible is one of the God gifted book but after coming the Al Qur'an the suitableness of its has been finished. Besides the Bible has been changed by many authers. For this reason the existence of God seemed to be capricious to you. So, to know the existence of God really you must have knowledge about Al Qur'an. If you abide this suggestion I think your confusion about the existence of God, His power to judge will be solved easily. Even your unsteady mind will get peace.
    Best of luck.
    sirajy.

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sirajy:
      I ask this question of all believers in this thing you call allah/god.
      There is not one scripture in the qur'an, the bible, the torah, the NT that defines this god/allah thing you mention in any manner but opinion and conjecture.
      Why do you speak of "it" as tho you know "it" exists?
      Pls do not offer opinion or guess.
      If you cannot offer what I ask for, you are not a credible "hubber" in ref to that which you ref. to: "god/allah."
      I don't think you'llbe able to offer a reasonable response.
      Qwark

14. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I think I am going to throw up !!   Jesus meets Disney or what !

15. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

The answer is really very simple....

Who is your daddy ???

Whoever you picked ?   It is his job to feed you and send you to collage !!!   If you picked right and if he can afford it?

You got it made.

16. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

For realising

17. profile image0
    gulnazahmadposted 13 years ago

God has made hell because he has laid out good and evil in front of the human beings now those people who choose evil will have to be punished for their sins.

God gave human beings every form of comfort and blessings on the earth; these blessings are to test the human being whether he thanked God while using His benefits; whether he remained good while using them or else.

If there was no hell or concept of it no human beiong would have done any good because we all know that there is much more charm in the evil (for example drinking, rape and so on) than in the good.

God said that people will go into hell if they will be having sins and after getting punished they will come to heaven but those people who did not believed in the oneness of God and associated other people or objects like sun moon etc with his power will never come back from hell and will remain there ever after.

18. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

why God Judges  simple because God can

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)