Men's Daily Devotions

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. fatmoney profile image61
    fatmoneyposted 13 years ago

The bible says:  “Jesus told his disciples  . . . that they should always pray and not give up” Luke 18:1

Men – we have available to us the most powerful source of power on this earth – prayer!

Men that pray have greater authority and power than any army, nation, ideology or earthly kingdom.

Men that pray can change circumstances, move mountains, pull-down strongholds, and impart healing. 

Men – we need to PUSH!

Quite often we pray a times of desperation, or after an inspiring sermon.  But then we don’t see the results or we get distracted and we lose heart and stop praying.  Men we need to pray until something happens, changes, moves, etc . . .

Don’t Give Up

No – listen, God is looking today for men that will stand and not be ashamed to pray bold prayers.  God is looking for men to pray prayers that have never been prayed before!  And!  God is looking for men to continue in prayer and not give up. 

Today – determine to set aside a time of prayer and let God fill you with a boldness, strength and assurance that as we pray He’ll act and we’ll see – Something Happen!

Today’s prayer:  “Lord, forgive me today if I’ve gotten discouraged in my prayer life.  Today, I commit to be a man of prayer and to give myself to believing that You will be faithful to me as I pray.  Today, I commit myself to PUSH!  And I determine today, by your grace to not give up! – in Jesus ‘ name!”

Everyman – One Man  - Tip for the Day

Who are you praying to receive Christ today?  Yes, who are the one, two or three individuals that you are praying for to see a difference?  Lift their name to the Lord today and PUSH!

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just re-read this - is this an ironic post from a gay guy ?

1. Ruben Rivera profile image59
        Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're in the wrong forum, gay issues and the like is somewhere else.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Just curious though...When did you hear from a god?

And, did you know it's a sign of the onset of a medical disease. It's called "delusional thinking".

If you actually heard a message inside your head and it wasn't your conscience speaking to you, then I suggest you seek help.

Other than that- Have a great day! smile

1. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The mockers of God's people have their place waiting

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mocking "God's" people?

I wasn't mocking him/her. I was stating the obvious. If you don't like it, oh well.

1. profile image57

what one man calls a rock another calls a stone, I will pray for you

lol lol

1. profile image57

dumbfounded huh

No. Why? Should I be? hmm

2. Ruben Rivera profile image59

Wow we have an expert here, "get help" Why do we always feel we know when someone is "delusional" and needs help, hey check your ego meter.

Yes, I have actually it's about two steps lower than yours. wink

Of course it is, I checked mine and it jumped very high when I read your reply "need to correct this guy", hey thanks for letting me know, ok it's gone down now.

roll

big_smile

3. SylviaSky profile image92
    SylviaSkyposted 13 years ago

The Men's Prayer on the Red Green Show: "I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."

1. DevLin profile image60
      DevLinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love that line! Great show!

4. Ruben Rivera profile image59
    Ruben Riveraposted 13 years ago

So what was this thread about in the first place? many of these threads always lose the original question or purpose because there is always the "I'm right, you're wrong" senseless debates, I don't personally believe in a deity to pray to but whatever happened to "live and let live" now it's changed to "live and you should live the way I live because i'm right"

5. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

original substance? ???

Fixed it, thanks

6. DaKingsKid profile image73
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago

My favorite quote author is unknown " know what you stand for, or you will fall for everything."

Hey thank you to the one who originally posted this Mens devotional. That is awesome.

Be encouraged and continue to allow the Light of God's truth to shine through you! Remember Love never fails... Love like CRaZY!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)