Christianity is the most fabricated of all religions

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (116 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jefsaid says:

A spiritual reality may exist but Jesus the son of god?  I think not.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69470?p … ost1521642

I agree with Jefsaid.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'son of G-d" is a metaphor for hero. it comes from greek interpretation confusing "sons of god", the expression jews used to belittle sorcerers.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But metaphors don't make one a physical son of god which the Christians, courtesy Paul and the Church believe.

The Christians must reform out of their own free will.

I would say the same for many religious people, while single out one. The fact is, there is a need to evolve the way we understand our heritage and the icons of our beliefs. We need to get deeper into awareness of what they mean. All of us would benefit from it. Not just one group in particular.

1. profile image50

Yes, the Christians and others including the atheists agnostics need to reform.

I would say, humanity is at a critical point in our consciousness that WE CAN understand, but alas choose not to. one step at a time, one individual at a time.

1. profile image50

Please express yourself fully and freely;kindly elaborate more.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

There are 7 billion people in the planet all connected by the internet. We have extended beyond our biological resources to amass more information about who we are and where we came from. We can make the connections. but we do not. We do choose not to. We are not asking the right questions.

1. profile image50

I agree that  by making use of the internet ; human beigns should come closer to one another with peaceful dialogue and accepting the Truth.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus son Of God.. thats unbelievable...?
      Then hear this
      I am the son of God only begotten just as He is...

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus, Son of God ...Very Believable!

1. profile image54
          Dharmathejaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If jesus is son of god we are also sons and daughters of god

We are are all children of God by virtue of creation, but only those Born Agin, are children of God through Jesus Christ.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still fighting for Jesus I see dj. Well done of being better than everyone else by being Born Agin. 

I feel sure Jesus would be turning in his grave  - if he had had one. lol

"Fightin"? No no no! Educating!
                For someone SSOO bent on accurate use of words, you disappoint me.

Fight ing means something rather different. Don't you think?

But SSSOOO glad you agree that Jesus does not have a grave. I LOVE that. I DO!!!

BTW, I'm not better, just glad to have received what was freely on offer! If others choose to reject it, I can't help that. sad

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am keen on the accurate use of words and I think you mean "indoctrinate" rather than "educate" dj. Little wonder your religion causes so many fights.

Of course Jesus doesn't have a grave. He never existed. Dear me. sad

I can't indoctrinate, can I?

All I'm doing is posting to a forum.

Are you also indoctrinating people about your "faith"?

No, Jesus is RISEN from the grave, that's why He doesn't have one.
                    Sorry that this truth makes you angry, and want to fight!

2. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would make me a christian. smile

Did I mention christian in the line you replied to?

1. earnestshub profile image80

If a follower of christ is a christian, then yes, yes you did. smile

2. andrebreynolds profile image35
            andrebreynoldsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, BUT Jesus is the Only Son of God who has No Sin.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
              pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how may sons did god have to start with?.secondly how do you or me or any know that he was only sinless?

2. pisean282311 profile image62

ya as believable muhammad being final prophet

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

he gets it.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since Christianity is based upon the writings of the various authors of the Holy Bible, and since the Holy Bible is viewed as a fact based History text depicting the laws of man through the Laws of Moses which every civilization lives and abides by, then if you accept that God exists, and we live by God's laws, how can you deny the reality of God's Son? God being God, why can he not have a son?

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fact based history text? Really? By who's account? lol

1. Dave Mathews profile image60

Cagsil:   History texts the world over substantiate the Holy Bible. World renouned Historians have proven again and again through their studies and findings as have anthropoligists and science. Do they all lie? Are you the only true authority? I think not You just like to run your mouth, and spout your doubts hoping to get others to doubt too.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Someone is certainly lying. smile

ya but they are long dead...it is just that lie is being believed as truth...

Oh no, he is very much alive. smile

lol ya but in minds as truth or false...no where else...

2. pisean282311 profile image62

lol fact based history?...which fact ?...that is was written?..yes this fact is true...it was written by humans like matthew and others...but other than that , right from whether jesus existed or not to whether he was crucified or not is debatable...how can one say what is fact...it is assumptions...

Get thee behind me evil one. You doubt History, you doubt Theology, You doubt Archeology. You mock God and God's words. Truly you are evil.

if i am mocking god's word , let god get me , why are you worried about it and who are you to come between god and me?

wow evil?....but isn't judging god's domain ?so you turned god ?..by the way it is not me saying this there is no archeological proof of jesus...personally i believe he existed as man who was hanged on croess because some felt he was dangerous for their political seat...but i dont doubt s existence ...but many do...and i stated that only...secondly you are doubting history not me...history states jesus if existed was mere man , you doubt it...secondly virgin birth is not possible according to science but you doubt science..human history is 0.2 million year old according to science , you doubt that too and you call me evil??????????...i never knew trusting tangible proof over unproven stories can be classified as evil...

2. Beelzedad profile image59

So, the fact that you fabricated claims that history and archeology have "proven again and again through their studies and findings" that "substantiate the Bible" it is others here who are evil?

Wow Dave, that is a new low. Much anger in this one.  smile

Ahhh! Beelzedad, I knew you cold not refrain from sticking your two cents worth of doubt and skepticism into this. You know as well as I do that History, Archeology and Theology have investigated the facts and what their discoveries and findings are. Only a true skeptic, a true unbeliever would continue to doubt in the face of truth. That is you. May God forgive you your skeptical ways and enlighten your mind with His truth.

It isn't doubt, Dave. It's fact. Your claims are absolutely false. smile

4. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

" Christianity is the most fabricated of all religions "

Why just zero in on the Poor Christians ?  Every religion in the world is fabricated by man, some older some younger but none the less fabricated based upon fear and superstition of primitive peoples trying desperately trying to make sense of the world around them.

1. lightning john profile image60
        lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this
        1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
          Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did and left my comments there.

5. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the op suggests that all religions are fabricated, but thinks christianity is MOST fabricated.

6. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The one and only purpose of the Holy Spirit is to witness to the individual that Jesus is the Christ and Son of God. If anyone lacks wisdom concerning the subject, ask God with true faith if you have a real intent to know and he will give you an answer. But ask in faith, nothing wavering, with an eye single to the will of God.

1. profile image50

Holy Spirit is an angel not exclusively for Jesus; it is for all the messengers prophets of the Creator-God Allah YHWH i.e., for Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Muhammad.

Please clear your concepts.

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, just Jesus. Again If you lack wisdom concerning the subject, ask God with true faith if you have a real intent to know and he will give you an answer. But ask in faith, nothing wavering, with an eye single to the will of God.

2. aka-dj profile image65

Not according to Jesus!

He said,"If I go not away, He (the Holy Spirit) will not come. But I will SEND Him to you!" Notice the word "send". That kind-a puts Him on equal status with the Holy Spirit, Who is most certainly NOT an angel.

1. profile image50

The Holy Spirit who came after Jesus is Muhammad; peace be upon him.

Sorry, but there was very little "Holy" about Mohammad.

Point of agreement aka smile

7. Beelzedad profile image59

So, is Islam a little less fabricated than Christianity?

8. mattoliver profile image59
      mattoliverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a story to share:
      There was a man, who had a wife and daughter who were Christians. Every year they went to church on Christmas eve and tried to get him to go. His answer every year was, "why would God every lower himself into human form?" No God would ever allow himself sink himself to that level. His wife and daughter would carry on and go to church without him. One snowy Christmas eve, he was inside his house, when he heard a big "THUD!" Shocked, he went to his living room and saw birds killing themselves by flying into his living room window. They were all seeking shelter and warmth, but instead, killing themselves. He rushed outside and opened his large barn door in hopes that the birds would try to fly into the barn, instead of his window. The birds could not understand what he was doing and continued to harm themselves by flying into the glass. Struck and saddened, the man said to himself, "if only I was a bird, I could warn them and save them from themselves." At that point he understood why a Great and Powerful God would ever change himself into human form. Jesus was God, who came to earth to tell us how to live and that his love for us is abundant. There's a God who loves you. Don't mistake Christianity for what you might see or think. To be a Christian means, to follow Christ. A follower of Christ should show love in every way.  I guarantee that you will be surprised, that Christianity is not what you perceived it to be, before you read the bible or talked to a pastor.

1. profile image50

Thank you for narrating a story; this is real likf here stories don't work; only facts work.

9. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do know that God can raise sons to Himself from rocks or anything else He wants?

1. profile image50

But the Creator-God needs no sons or daughters or wives. He is complete in Himself.

god doesnot need universe to start with...still you say HE created it and so when he can create universe , he can create son too...not a big deal and nothing to be concerned about...

1. profile image0

I would say the only need that God has is to fix things.  When Adam sinned, everything was broken.  God stepped in and started fixing things to bring them back to what He had planned to begin with.

1. profile image0
              just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's an odd philosophy. You're saying God needs to fix the mess made by Adam eating an apple? I would think, if that were the whole point, that could have beenrectified rather quickly. Why spend this exorbitant amount of time in the process?

1. profile image0

Who else could fix the mess Adam made?  By Adam sin entered into the world and by Jesus eternal life has come to those who accept it.

Just as Adam had the choice to eat the fruit or not, we also have the choice to eat the fruit of the tree of life or not.

2. profile image0

You assume He had no sons.  You assume He need no sons.  Who will listen to God?  Is there anyone who has an ear to hear what the Spirit has to say?

You claim Muhammad to be greater than Jesus.  Muhammad did not hear from God and never claimed to.  He supposedly heard from and angel.  Why does God send an angel if Muhammad could hear God Himself?

Your argument is false and has fallen apart.

god talked to moses , still world remained same , then he talked to jesus , still nothing changed...finally god realized that his talking is itself an issue...because HE is not being able to communicate...so HE got Gabriel to do that talking with Muhammad..Gabriel practiced for  500 years and finally delivered and considering how successful Muhammad was in his own life time , god could deliver this time...

1. profile image0

You only think things didn't change.  Everything is going according to the plan God had in the beginning. 

How can anyone say God talking is an issue when he is God and able to do whatever pleases Him.  Communication from God is not the issue.  Listening to what he says is the issue. 

Muhammad is a self proclaimed prophet with not anointing upon him.  He was a warmonger and a greedy man.  He was what we called in the old west in the US a highwayman.  Ha had his gang of thieves that went out to steal, kill, and destroy. 

Sounds just like the devil doesn't it.  Joh 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

The second part of that verse is: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  Jesus speaking.

Communication from God is not the issue.  Listening to what he says is the issue.  ok...so moses and jesus didnt listen the whole thing and so Muhammad was sent...in the end Muhammad was phenomena while jesus needed paul to come to promote his teaching...Muhammad was highly successful while jesus was not during his life time..Yes followers of jesus were extremely successful in taking jesus's teaching or what they thought was jesus's teaching to places...

as you claim Muhammad is self proclaimed prophet , many say Jesus is self proclaimed prophet too...point i was making is no one can say x belief is right and y is wrong , because it is mere belief...

1. profile image0

Look at the fruit of their labors.  Muhammad had many wives and was rich.  Never healed anyone, never claimed to be able to save anyone, spoke the words of Satan one time and then said Allah abrogated what he said.

Jesus went around with nothing except the clothes on His back, He healed the sick, He raised the dead, He opened blinded eyes.  He never spoke the words of Satan and was crucified and raised Himself up again.

Jesus said He was the Son of God and also the son of man at the same time.  He then went on to prove that He is who He said He is.  He also said, if you don't believe me, then believe the works that I do.

Many think that it is only a belief, but knowledge comes along with it.  The heavens declare His glory and nature itself testifies of the existence of God.

I ask again, who could possibly fix the mess that Adam created?

that is whole point...Muhammad didnt heal anyone because he was man and he never claimed anything other than being a man whom god choosed to pass on his message...Muhammad played by the rules because no one is allowed to break the rules...Jesus too played by the rules and so bleeded when nailed...stories were created later because people needed some super natural story to believe Jesus was indeed sent by god but Muhammad needed none becoz he was already accepted as authority...

2. profile image0

You edited while I was replying to what you posted first.

In what way was Muhammad successful?  The fact that he was a warmonger?  He figured out a way to extort money from strangers?  Married many wives including a 6 year old girl?  Had many thieves who followed him? 

I will not be around much today after this post so you can have a lot of time to think on a reply.

successful in rebelling against popular belief which even jesus did...but muhammad could establish what he believed as word of god in his own life time ...that is what i was talking about...

2. syedusmanahmed profile image61
    syedusmanahmedposted 13 years ago

Jesus is not a son of God. God don't have any children. Its senseless. Jesus is the messenger of God like Noah, Abraham and Moses.

God dont have children?...well it is not literal son of god...it is metaphor...and metaphorically every thing from snake to human , from bacteria to tree , from satan to angel , comes from god...it is source and it is destination...so in end everything is metaphorically son of god...that god is intelligent ,living entity for believers , non living energy for non believers...but in end it is the source...

1. syedusmanahmed profile image61
        syedusmanahmedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you paint a painting, will it be your child? No, it will be your creation. So don't messup creation with the children. Be logical!

primary logic demands there should be creator of creator..god created universe , so logically something should have created god...god can't exist logically...so let us not talk logic when we are talking on something illogical to start with...

lol you are missing the whole point out here...you seemed to assume that god created universe out of something...like if i create robot , i am its creator...raw materials i use are made of some metal which i didn't create...were already there...or for more better example...like scientist created a cell in lab...living cell...so scientist are not parent but creator of cell...but how did they create it?..from something which was already there...but god didn't create from something which was already there...since there was nothing to start with except god...god use its own energy to create and so god becomes source and metaphorically parent...or else there should be something which god used and so at beginning there should be god + something...now did this something create god?...if yes this something is creator of the creator and if there was nothing , god used its own energy and by default becomes parent...so in end humans are not just robots manufactured by some super entity for its own fun and usage , they are product of same energy which is called god and by default god becomes parent...

1. syedusmanahmed profile image61
            syedusmanahmedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator of creator

Where will this chain end? Definitely on God, The Creator of all things. Truly One and Only

that is what i am saying...god is assumption and not logical...it is assumed constant...always there , always was...no logic...some say it is beyond logic and if it is how does logic come into picture...so your premise of god having son or not capable of having son too is not based on logic but on faith...so dont use word logic when it comes to religion and faith...use i believe ...so you believe god cannot have son which is as valid as some one believing god can have son...because both are mere beliefs...

3. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Here we go.
    All the experts on Jesus will tell us the REAL story.

I can hardly wait what genius we shall see!!

All I would ask is, verify the source from which you get such an educated view. TY.

oh you want citations? really?  where do you want to start?

world history? the classics or do you want actual biblical scholarly work? what level of credibility do you want for a forum? MLA? APA? double spaced?

Take your pick.

I want the ones YOU get your point of view from.

which part did you find hard to believe?

4. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Very true.
    But have no fear.
    The second coming is at hand and the true religion will be established by him

1. profile image50

Second Coming of Jesus in the shape of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 has already take place; as the signs had been fulfilled.

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, Jesus has already come down to earth. It happened in 1874.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?

Yes, Jesus is on the Earth. I will get back with evidence. please wait
            thank you

Is this gonna be another fruitless 2,000 year wait? smile

No Ernest, long time no see.
                How u

It is going to be in your life time
                Not more than 10 or 15 years.
                You will see for yourself
                True, believe me
                or, mock at me
                cool

I think I will go with the mocking thanks! smile

5. profile image50

The Christians must reform .

Metaphors don't make one a physical son of god which the Christians, courtesy sinful Paul and the sinful Church believe.

6. easyfreerecipes profile image60
    easyfreerecipesposted 13 years ago

confused as to why so many people waste so much time on this...does it really matter if you know? is that going to make you sit inside on sundays, avoid meat certain days, give up M&M's til april?

7. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@aka-dj no it wont...even christ wont be able to survive the changing realities...infact the very concept of intelligent being would alter...it is about time...yes new god would be created as humans have tendency to look out than within but all including christ would become obsolete...creator theory would evolve...it would be replaced by cycle theory...but it would take another 1k years or so...

8. superwags profile image65
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

How can something be MORE fabricated than other religions?!

I guess there's probably more denominations each believing an ever more specific difference about something which is essentially made up anyway if that's what you mean?

Why believe in ay religions? You must know in your heart of hearts that they're all ultimately made up?

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

What? Give up M&M's until April? Heresy and sacrilege I say!!!!

10. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@SirDent

here i am not talking about whether muhammad knew the truth or jesus knew the truth...that depends on whom you ask...as per muslims both muhammad and jesus knew the truth...muhammad came after jesus as final seal of prophet...according to christians muhammad was false prophet...so whom you ask changes answer you get...i am talking from perceptive of two men..two men who thought they had message of god , two men who preached , two men who wanted their word to spread...in single life time muhammad achieved far more than what jesus did...spreading jesus's word and number of christains we have today is to be credited to jesus's follower...they were more successful in spreading the word than jesus himself was...while muhammad could establish hiw authority in his own time and so The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History places muhammad to be NO 1...

Here I am not talking about who had truth and who didn't ...here i am talking about succeeding in spread what they believed as word of god...

only buddha can compete with muhammad in this criteria...buddha achieved in his life time what muhammad achieved but buddha didnt take any weapon to meet his goal...

1. profile image50

The Christians must reform .

Metaphors don't make one a physical son of god which the Christians believe, courtesy sinful Paul and the sinful Church .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)