Help me interpret my dream.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Monisajda profile image59
    Monisajdaposted 13 years ago

Last night I dreamed that I took home two puppies from two separate litters on my father's request. I was concerned about adopting them, you know, puppies need to be taught many things and in my dream I didn't have much time. I was surprised to see them well behaved and very easy to take care. They were happily sleeping together and playing peacefully, no mess, no barking.

I am currently contemplating a change in my life but unsure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance!

1. profile image53
      icantsleepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi!

Well, I don't really know anything about dreams, so before you heed my advice, understand it comes from nothing scientific or profound - just my opinion smile

It depends on what it is in your life you are contemplating changing, but, I feel as though in the dream, the puppies you adopted are a symbol of the change you want to make. You are unsure about the change, and about adopting the puppies. But you do it, and although you are busy and it might be hard work, the puppies get along and are well behaved. To me, that says you should just go for whatever it is you want, and somehow it will all work out.

The fact that these puppies come from different litters... I am not sure what that means. Perhaps that two separate parts of your life that you are worried about melding will be able to come together nicely and peacefully? Again, without knowing your situation, it's hard to get a grasp, but as an outsider, that's my opinion.

I hope this helped!! Now I am off to bed to see if I can have a dream of my own!

1. Kim Bunch profile image58
        Kim Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your answer is amazing. The symbol wording was accurate too. What you said could have came from an experienced dream interpreter.
        wink Way to go!!

1. profile image53

Thanks! smile

2. Donna Suthard profile image60
          Donna Suthardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats a wonderful dream! The 2 puppies from 2 litters, teaches that there is no separation, and the puppies are teaching a lesson in love and getting along with others.  No matter what situation you are put in, there is always an answer for any problem you have..As you remain in a state of love and compassion, all things, and all relationships are worked out in love..no matter who comes into your life..dogs teach unconditional love...

3. Sue B. profile image92
          Sue B.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kim,

This was an interesting thread. I enjoyed the dream you shared. I agree ith icantsleep's interpretation (especially because you do and the dreamer is the expert!)  My first impression of this dream was about being handed two different needs (puppies) and being able to balance both of them.  It seemed like such a positive dream for you. I was wondering how things are now.  You posted 2 months ago and so much could have happened since then. Did you make the change?

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're concerned about changes taking place but have the capacity to deal with it.  All will be well and without struggle.  Trust in the guidance and/or suggestion of those who have authority or knowledge in the new endeavor.  Use your skill, talent, resources, and knowledge to meld/develop your new experience.

Monisajdaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

couturepopcafe, thank you for your insight. Your words certainly put me at ease.

3. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mentioned that taking these two puppies was your fathers Idea.  I would think thit to be an importnd detaid in understanding your dream.

I must ask,   did your dad recomend two diffrent options which he strongly recomends you to take?

If so,  sounds that subconciously ...  you like them both and can see how they both may work, either individually or working together.

Just an opinion ???

4. cre8tive profile image79
      cre8tiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dogs in dreams often represent loyalty or devotion - this can be a person or a state of mind.

As the dogs in your dream are puppies this suggests something in its infancy - which could be your consideration of a change of direction in your life.

The fact that there are 2 from different litters suggests that you are considering 2 options - where to place your loyalties for the future.

The fact that the puppies together suggests that you would be happy with either option.

Have no idea about how right or otherwise this could be - but dreams are your subconscious making sense of the world around you so the meaning is in there somewhere.

cre8tive,

this is a good interpretation. I am considering finding a new career, something that will help my family survive. I am emotionally attached to the idea of using my creativity to make money but this is not happening and even if I start making money on HP it will not feed us and pay the rent, I think. So I am considering and I am being pushed by my husband to learn a new job. This makes me apprehensive about what will happen to my daughters if/when I start to work, how will they cope with a change.

5. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Make sure you take the time to house train the puppies. If you're unsure how to do that, call a kennel or professional trainer. smile

6. deblipp profile image60
      deblippposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am reading this as you finding a way to integrate what is expected of you (what comes from your father=parental expectations and that represents *all* expectations) with who you are. There are two puppies, so this is your twin/divided self. They are from separate litters so they are disparate sides of you.

One puppy is "your father's" -- it is expectation. The other puppy is you, your authentic self, what you want, the changes you want to make.

You thought they could never come together, you couldn't handle it, but in the end it was peaceful and they were just like littermates. This is your subconscious telling you that you are fully empowered to make these changes and be authentically yourself, and you can still be who you are expected to be.

2. optimus grimlock profile image62
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

maybe you need to spend more time with your dad because you have more to learn from him!

I wish that was possible...

3. Monisajda profile image59

icantsleep,
    your interpretation seems very logical and makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you so much!

1. profile image53

Your welcome! Sorry I didn't reply earlier... my emails didn't tell me you have replied!! Happy to help!

4. Monisajda profile image59

Jerami, personally, I think in my dream my father and husband were somehow mixed up as it happens in dreams.
    My husband recommends to take a certain path and I am apprehensive.
    Thank you.

5. optimus grimlock profile image62
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

maybe you regret not spending time with him. Who knows the puppy could remind you of him in certain ways!

1. Maperkins profile image60
      Maperkinsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The two puppies are your career and your family,  the two careers will work on together nicely. you are not going to experience any problems as it is your corcern for your family. Your father (God) advices you to go ahead and change your life. You will make it. Stop being unsure of what you want to do.  God act as your father in your dream and has revealed the answer to you. Remember He speaks in parables!

Thank you Maperkins, that sums it up!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Monisajda, Wow, You have recieved some good interpretations of your dream. Everything will be alright. Things will work out better than what you think. Go for it! big_smile

6. shimmering Dawn profile image70
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

To base your major decisions on dreams goes against all that is logical and sensible. I think you should think through your circumstances, all the odds and the evens to arrive at your decisions.

7. Thatguypk profile image44
    Thatguypkposted 13 years ago

I think that your father, in your dream, represents God, and the puppies represent young people from different ethnic or religious backgrounds. God is telling you that without your influence, (you said you had little time in your dream) these young people will naturally get along and co-exist.... the message being that it is only when we interfere with a young persons opinions by forcing our values and prejudices upon them, do they begin to regard each other with suspicion.

Incidentally, I don't believe in God, but I thought I'd have a stab at the interpreting game, just for fun.

Have a nice day.

8. Monisajda profile image59
    Monisajdaposted 12 years ago

Sue,

Two months have passed, that's true. I am studying Real Estate now. My original concern was about making my new career work with the fact that I have two young children. I am also not that happy with a particular choice that was kind of pushed on me. I am still not convinced this is the way to go for me. I believe I am a reserved and artistic person and not exactly a type of Real Estate agent.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)