Muhammed and his tribe

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (46 posts)
  1. davidkaluge profile image56
    davidkalugeposted 13 years ago

I want to know the tribe of Muhammed. A senior friend said he is a Jew. He also told me about a book written by a Germany, Fredrick N. which explained the history of Egypt Pharaohs and Moses. If Muhammed is a Jew why is one tribe controlling world major religion? What was Muhammed religion/ belief before he started saw vision?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly

2. mtariqsattar profile image76
      mtariqsattarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad (saw) was not a jew- who ever has told that he was has provided you wrong information.bfore the revealation little is known of his life it is believed though that he never worshiped any idol in times of pre islamic arabia- the age of ignorance.

3. Abhaque Supanjang profile image71
      Abhaque Supanjangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is another misunderstanding on Islam. Whose books have you read that tell about that ? Do you ever read "Sirrah Nabawiyyah" - the history of Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam ? or other books written by the ones who tell about the greatest Prophet objectively ? Rasulullaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam was from Mecca. His tribe was Quraisy - a noble tribe in Arabian Land at that time.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't sound too objective at all. Seems rather biased.

"the greatest Prophet" smile

4. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mohammud was a Semite, as all Arabs are, and Jews, it connotes a family language root, not a Race.

I think someone was confused by the terms, Semite, and, Jew.

Even if you include Abraham as his father, a Jew is Jewish from his mother's side... not his father's.

And a Muslim is Muslim because of his father's side... not his Mother's.

Ishmael's Mother was Hagar, the Egyptian, not a Jew.

So good luck on convincing them to change all that tradition, in order to become Jews.

5. profile image0
      darknight444posted 12 years agoin reply to this

from all mankind god chose ibrahim and he make the profecy in his blood
      and ibrahim left 2 children and profets of god ismael
      in mekka he was raised as an arabian and isaac in jerusalem and he start the jewish blood

the 3 messengers of god were related to ibrahim
      mose was e jew jesus was e jew but mohamed was from his other son ismael
      if you spoke to the jews thy will tell you that they are the ,, chosen ppl ,,
      thy were
      thy were untill jesus than god sent the last one from the blood of ismael

6. Judah's Daughter profile image78
      Judah's Daughterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did that book say anything about the origins of Islam, with respect to the fact they claim to come from Ishmael and not Isaac (the sons of Abraham)?  The "chosen" of the Bible, the Jews, are also known as "Israel".  Jacob was renamed Israel.  But, let's go back to Ishmael and Isaac, which is the key to the distress between the two sons and their descendants.  Ishmael was born of the hand-maiden of Abraham, due to a lack of faith in the promise the LORD gave him in Gen 18.  The Bible calls Ishmael 'he who was born according to the flesh' and Isaac 'he who was born according to the Spirit'.  Galatians 4:29 states, "But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh [Ishmael and his descendants] persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit [Isaac, his son Jacob, renamed Israel and his descendants], so it is now also."

1. arksys profile image82
        arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

please have a look at the family tree in the following link...

http://www.answering-christianity.com/family_tree.htm

In the Quran, Jacob is still referred to Jacob and not Israel.

I'll post 2 verses for you, 1 referring to children of Israel(mentioned 7 times in this chapter) and other talking about Jacob(mentioned 4 times in this chapter), both in the same chapter.

Chapter 2 - Al baqara,
        (46) O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures.

Chapter 2 - Al-baqara,
        (132) Or were ye present when death came to Jacob, when he said unto his sons: What will ye worship after me? They said: We shall worship thy God, the God of thy fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and unto Him we have surrendered.

2. davidkaluge profile image56

One Greek, do you mean he is a jew? Have you read the book by fredrick?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think most Biblical scholars are of the opinion that Islam in fact originated far more recently than previously thought.

Recent documents / discoveries have trace its origins back to the 1970s...to a shwarma shop located in Melbourne.

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

some info on the peoples of his region during the times there, for you

The Arabian Peninsula was largely arid and volcanic, making agriculture difficult except near oases or springs. The landscape was thus dotted with towns and cities, two prominent ones being Mecca and Medina. Medina was a large flourishing agricultural settlement, while Mecca was an important financial center for many surrounding tribes.[33] Communal life was essential for survival in the desert conditions, as people needed support against the harsh environment and lifestyle. Tribal grouping was encouraged by the need to act as a unit, this unity being based on the bond of kinship by blood.[34] Indigenous Arabs were either nomadic or sedentary, the former constantly travelling from one place to another seeking water and pasture for their flocks, while the latter settled and focused on trade and agriculture. Nomadic survival was also dependent on raiding caravans or oases, the nomads not viewing this as a crime.[35][36]

In pre-Islamic Arabia, gods or goddesses were viewed as protectors of individual tribes, their spirits being associated with sacred trees, stones, springs and wells. As well as being the site of an annual pilgrimage, the Kaaba shrine in Mecca housed 360 idol statues of tribal patron deities. Aside from these gods, the Arabs shared a common belief in a supreme deity called Allah (literally "the god"), who was remote from their everyday concerns and thus not the object of cult or ritual. Three goddesses were associated with Allah as his daughters: Allāt, Manāt and al-‘Uzzá. Monotheistic communities existed in Arabia, including Christians and Jews.[37] Hanifs – native pre-Islamic Arab monotheists – are also sometimes listed alongside Jews and Christians in pre-Islamic Arabia, although their historicity is disputed amongst scholars.[38][39] According to Muslim tradition, Muhammad himself was a Hanif and one of the descendants of Ishmael, son of Abraham.[40]

The info is from Wickpedia if you care to chase it.

1. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The contents cited above fairly explain things on the subject.

4. davidkaluge profile image56

Descendant can be a very long list. Most people teach that we are all Abraham descendant. It means he praticed the religion of his time before he found Islam.

5. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Mohammed without Camouflage:

Ecce Homo......Arabicus

W.H.T. Gairdner

http://answeringislam.org/Books/Gairdner/camouflage.htm

6. davidkaluge profile image56

well some people claim that he is a jew and maybe if we use the idea of being Abraham children then it becomes true.

7. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Muhammad was from the line of Ishmail son of Abraham; so he cannot be called a Jew.

8. davidkaluge profile image56

So Ishmail is from which tribe? I know Abraham begot him

9. davidkaluge profile image56

So except by tradition Ishmail is from the mother side then Mohammed will not be called a Jew. But that is a long list of Ancestors.

1. profile image52
      ibneahmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Muhammad was not a Jew; but he respected the Jewish messengers prophets; if he did not receive Word of Revelation from the Creator God on a partical issue; he followed teachings and practice of Torah.

10. BarrelRoll profile image72
    BarrelRollposted 13 years ago

Muhammed was a pedophile

11. davidkaluge profile image56
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

You mean he was taught or followed the torah?

He was surrounded by Idol worshippers during his time, he was not taught the torah.

Muslims Do believe in the Torah, and the Bible. we believe they are sacred books, but of the past and altered by humans.

We believe that all the prophets came down for certain tribes (there were approximately 124,000 prophets who have come to earth since the beginning of time... each of the prophets were there for a tribe. When Muhammad came he was the seal of the prophets and the messenger for Mankind (not a single tribe). This is why he is known to be the greatest Prophet ... with the greatest responsibility, which he accomplished in approximately 23 years.

12. davidkaluge profile image56

You mean Mohammed was not taught torah or bible? Secondly, you said he represented all tribes? Okay since many prophets came before him and Muslims claim to respect the past prophets why not respect their teachings and claims just as Mohammed gave his own claims? The point is that Mohammed did not and cannot represent all tribes. It is a matter of believe. That is what we choose to believe because each of the prophets had something unique somehow. What happens if another prophet comes up after Mohammed?

The bible does talk indirectly about Muhammads arrival. there is a sign in the bible which says there will be another prophet. (i will have to research again to get the link ... plz let me know if you would like a link to it.

In the last sermon of the prophet Muhammad he clearly states that there will be no one after him. There have been many people after Muhammad who have claimed prophecy but we do no believe in those people, and they have been proved to be fake. There is also a set of people who are still waiting for the next prophet.

I think you got my previous statement a little wrong. I did not say or mean he represented the people. I meant he was the messenger for mankind from God. the people of this faith are responsible to spread the word.

Lastly, why not respect their teachings? 
      We do respect their teachings. but do the believers really follow the teachings?  A minority of them do yes i believe so but they are very rare.
      We also know that the Torah  and Bible are older versions of the Quran therefore we respect them but  in order to keep with the times we choose to follow the latest book.  Some things that are allowed in the older versions have been forbidden in the new versions, for understandable reasons.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How has everything Muhammad said not been proved to be fake compared with those who have been proved to be fake?

It hasn't ... but if you have come accross anything about him that seems fake to you, then let me know and i'll try to clarify.

you can find a lot of information about his character and why people believe that he is a prophet.

What he said in the Quran about Allah seems fake.

Quran is the words of Allah ... through the Messenger.
              they are not the words of the prophet. The Quran is full of poetry in arabic of the highest quality, which even baffled the poets of the time because our messenger was known to be illiterate.

There is a separate collection of sayings of the prophet called Hadith (or Hadees)

No, that's the part that seems fake.

That doesn't matter at all, it's still all fake. Who cares if they were baffled, there is nothing baffling about the Quran at all.

More fake stuff.

2. mikelong profile image60
        mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is only an interpretation of the Bible... There is no mention of Islam or Mohammad...

that's absolutely right. it's only an interpretation, there can be many.

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 12 years ago

Hope that one is atleast literate enough to answer questions and not claims as "son of gawd" and in turn doesn't get his behind kicked by mere mortals.

3. davidkaluge profile image56

Well, Christains do not think Jesus said anything about Muhammed but even he if said someone will come then why must it be Muhammed? That is what if someone comes up to claim to be the one, AFTER ALL SOME JEWS ARE STILL EXPECTING A MESSIAH. The point I always tell people is believe what you want and let others believe what they want but it seems difficult for people to do. Why? Muhammed can't be right about other prophets after him because there are prophets after. I think he mean prophets in Islam.

Gospel of John, Chapter 16, Verse 12 onwards,

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
        13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
        14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
        15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
        16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Jesus did tell the people of his time that there will be another prophet, he did not mention the name. All the descriptions match Muhammad. He does glorify Jesus. He does say that Jesus will come back before the day of judgement.
        Jewish people are still waiting because they did not approve of Jesus or Muhammad.
        Christians maybe did not realize that they are supposed to look for another prophet.

Even though christians choose not to accept Muhammad, I think they should still be looking for the next Messiah just like some of the Jews.

Yes i think you are right in the last statement. In Islam, there is no prophet after Muhammad and that is exactly what he said in his last sermon only to his followers. Which is why we are not looking for the next Messiah.

We are only supposed to spread the word of religion and people can choose not to follow. it's up to them, our duty is to spread the word of the Quran and our prophet. Same goes with the missionaries in Christianity. we have a similar group of people who are members of the Tableegh.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eh......those passages in John are talkin' about the Holy Ghost.   
          Christians don't need to look for another "messiah".   We already have the true One.

Whoever said it ... it is one of the 3 main Entities in christianty, and they seem to be talking about someone's arrival.

The choice is yours to interpret it in whichever way your heart tells you is right.

maybe i'm totally wrong ... i'm just trying to understand it further. I ask similar questions about our Quran, to the people of my faith and some get really offended, and say that i have no trust in the Quran and do not believe in Gods words. But I feel there has to be some logic to all this... i mean in the Quran we have been told to gain knowledge... don't read the Quran understand it... in order to understand something you need to ask questions if you're not getting the point. that is all i'm doing.
            I do not wish to offend anyone. I'm just trying to understand it all better.

13. ... ,he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

the same way our prophet Muhammad had his revelations.

as explained here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahy

could be a coincidence... 

Or, I would like to ask if Jesus had the same kind of revelations?

1. profile image0

Muhammad, according to your link, had physical seizures and believed that his "revelations" came from his unconscious mind or his heart.  Apparently the depth of his conviction, his bold assertion that he spoke truth, is one of the standards by which many believe he told the truth.

Comparing that to Jesus, we see from the Bible that Jesus spoke boldly too, but didn't have seizures, and He spoke with a conscious mind.  There was no need for Jesus to "channel" the Spirit because He WAS the Spirit!  In a fleshly body, though, so it was difficult for men, even the disciples, to grasp that concept.

In those passages in the book of John, Jesus is telling the disciples that He (in his fleshly body) wouldn't be around for them to talk to forever,  but that He would send His Spirit (the Holy Ghost) to comfort them, lead them, guide them into all truth,  reprove the world of sin and judgment etc...(John 16: 7--17).  That Spirit is the Spirit of God.  Yes, the Trinity.  Father/Son/Holy Ghost are all the same entity.   The same Spirit that all Believers have inside them after they accept Jesus the Christ as their Savior.

There are even some Christian denominations (or imitation Christian sects)  that believe that there are modern-day prophets through which some "new" word came from God.   That's not Biblical.   There are prophets in Christianity, but they are Christians who declare (as John the Baptist did, and the disciples did, and Jesus Himself did) the second coming of that same Jesus (Jesus revealed His own purpose and essence, His life/death/resurrection/ascension). Any "new" revelation is....impossible;  the Holy Ghost, after Jesus ascended back to Heaven, became the mouthpiece for God, but with the ability to speak through us humans who receive the Spirit.   Any revelation that man has or will have, will line up with the words of the Bible and simply be a declaration of the same awesome message that the Bible carries----salvation through the risen Christ and His second coming at the end of days.

By the way, the Holy Ghost was evident even in Old Testament days too.  Because the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God.  But it just wasn't revealed as clearly to people.

now that's what i call a decent answer. Brenda thank you for your time and effort.

1. profile image0

You're welcome.

2. TMMason profile image61
          TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to read the part of the bible where "He", the "Holy Ghost", showed up?

Pick the bible back up and keep reading... man what a laugh.

Mohhammud was a fraud... he perverted not only the great religions of Judaism and Christianity, but his own people's souls. All in the name of depraved sex and power.

I pity Muslims... so blind... and they cannot even seek the truth. You do not get to question mohhammud or allah baba swithout giving up your life.

Shame... my God says, test all things and hold fast to that which is fine. Of course since allah baba is not the same God as that of the Old and New Covenant, these things are to be expected.

As my God would tell you... Go test my words and find that I, the Lord, speak only the truth. And He would not hold it against me...

but an Muslump would be killed for questioning allah baba in such a way.

harsh words once again... it would be nice to keep your opinions of muslims, Allah and Muhammad aside and rather talk about the topic. Instead of trying to shun me off ... your next paragraphs could have been filled with more information for me.

from your interpretation, the Bible is talking about the arrival of a Holy Ghost/Spirit? please can you explain a little further. when did the Holy spirit arrive? when did He leave?

I would like to clear the fact that anyone trying to question the book of Allah would not be killed. I do question it. i'm trying to make some sense out of the little that i know right now. I do partially agree with your last statement about questioning Allah. I have been left a little isolated by asking too many questions from people of my own faith, but they are just followers who do not know the answers to the questions i ask, its natural human behaviour to push someone away when you feel threatened. i've had a number of harsh words from them too. smile

4. earnestshub profile image78
      earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Bible, quoran.... same thing.

Both threaten to kill anyone and everyone in the name of a "benevolent" Psychopath. smile

What is a lot more informative is the denial from both sides.

When the quoran hate is quoted, muslims scream "You took that out of context!"

When the bible hate is quoted the christians scream "You took that out of context"

The reality is that they are pretty much the same!

Blindness from both sides...... that which is "taken out of context" according to each of you ..... is still neurotic and full of hate for mankind in either case.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking! lol lol lol

if there was a "like" button under your comment i would have clicked it. (not approving of the psycopath part though, there was no need for that).
        the rest of your response makes sense... point noted. talk in context.

5. arksys profile image82
      arksysposted 12 years ago

Just wanted to add what the Quran says about this topic...

Chapter 2 - Al baqara
      (138) Say (unto the People of the Scripture): Dispute ye with us concerning Allah when He is our Lord and your Lord? Ours are our works and yours your works. We look to Him alone. (139) Or say ye that Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know best, or doth Allah? And who is more unjust than he who hideth a testimony which he hath received from Allah? Allah is not unaware of what ye do. (140) Those are a people who have passed away; theirs is that which they earned and yours that which ye earn. And ye will not be asked of what they used to do.

6. davidkaluge profile image56

I can see that the debate is good. This is the 1st time I see anyone use that bible verse to claim that Jesus spoke of Muhammad coming. I think the apostles did receive the expected comforter on pentecost day. Well its all a matter of opinion and personal interpretation/understanding of the bible. People understand the bible differently so it is not surprising to hear this here. I just wish that people should learn to respect other religions just as they want others to respect theirs. Prophets will come up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)