Is God a woman

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Superstarsgirljaz profile image54
    Superstarsgirljazposted 12 years ago

How do we knoe it's a He, not a she...?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some of us know it is a myth. smile

Superstarsgirljazposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go to the topic God by Gillme and see what people and she has to say to that.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
          Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Give us a clue !

What clue?

2. earnestshub profile image81

Are You Gillme?

No...but i went on that topic and saw really a lot of questions. Why would I be gillme?! (duh!)

Why wouldn't you be?

Half the people on the religious threads are someone else. smile

I wouldn't be because I would chose a better name. I wouldn't be because I only need one name! I only have 1 e-mail! I can't be so many people. 4 me, being me is enough!!! smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What god?

Uh...the person u worship)

1. Cagsil profile image70

Worship? lol

Why in the world would anyone worship something that doesn't exist?

Secondly, why would anyone worship anything at all?

So God's just there to scare people....and PEOPLE ARE WASTING TREES?! How dumb is that!

Do you have a point?

No god required to understand living your life.
              No god required to understand why you live your life.
              No god required to understand anything about your life at all.
              No god required to understand yourself.
              No god required to understand your actions.
              No god required to understand knowledge you gain.
              No god required to understand the fact that you make all choices.

Therefore, no god required to be existence.

yes, I do......
                - Why and how did the world get the same idea God from?!!!!
                - How were we, or anything ever made>?
                -If 1st it was empty space then how was it an empty space!!!!????

It's a shock and awe effect from gaining awareness(consciousness) of your own life and the world you live in. It's you truly not understanding your own life. So, you feel the need to believe.
                  What does it matter on your own individual life?

You only have to understand your own life. It's not required for you to understand why the human species exists, to live your life, be your own authority, learn to love yourself, to always keep learning and love your fellow human beings. It brings peace and harmony, when done properly. No god required.
                  The Universe itself is a recycling energy source that builds/creates life. The Universe has it's own cycle. No need for a god or a hand of a god. It sustains itself and when it reaches it's time to reset it's cycle, it will do so.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
                    A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Citation please.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Did you miss the point about "It was Man who invented God and not the other way around" ?

It is Man who uses God to scare people, organised religion is a manmade power thing always was.  I tell you to do something you just ask "Who the Hell are you to tell me what to do?"

I say "God told me to tell you to do it or else !... You are more like to do what I tell you."

Only if it's a good thing - because God never makes a mistake!

2. earnestshub profile image81

Spot on!

The method is honed to a fine art in Michael Korda's book. "Power, how to get it, how to use it."

Wrong again! - God only does Good things! smile

So you have never read it then? smile
                    Here is a sample of the "good"

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Nasty pathetic needy little god isn't it? lol

3. Obscure_Treasures profile image56
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is probably not accurate to view God as a woman, though the Bible does show God's feminine side, so to speak. Jesus once said...

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37)

Also, God's wisdom in the Proverbs is personified as a female (e.g., Proverbs 1:20, 8:11, 9:1), yet we are told in the New Testament that Jesus is the Wisdom of God (1Corinthians 1:24).

But, for the most part, God has chosen to reveal Himself in the Bible as having a male personage. The Bible is inspired of God (2Timothy 3:16), and in it God is always referred to as a "Him" or a "He." So God wanted people to understand Him as a "Him" and a "He."

4. jLou03 profile image58
      jLou03posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Read the Bible, and you will know if God is He or She big_smile

1. jLou03 profile image58
        jLou03posted 12 years agoin reply to this

opsss wrong alignment of my reply...

2. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

No !

God isn't even a man.

It's only a figment of man's imagination so you can make it any gender that suits you.

So God's air....? Lol!smile How can that be?!

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Man invented God... Not the other way around, so actually there is nothing there nt even air.

Like I said ...go to the topic God and see what Gillme says. U should post this on there.

3. Superstarsgirljaz profile image54
    Superstarsgirljazposted 12 years ago

There r a million questions in my mind!!!!!
    i'M STARTING A NEW FORUM! - DOES GOD EXIST OR NOT!?

4. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

let us ponder this,...

god is an angry god,.... god is a jelous god,....god looses his temper,.... destroys entire cities,.. floods the earth,.... and tests people that love god to the extreem limits of logic love and reason,....

oh hell yea,...

god is most deffinately male. :-)

Uh........FEMALES can do that too...if I may speak. smile Like - Greek Godesses!

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

point taken ;-)

Yep! smile

5. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

My good friend Guru Rasa von Werder runs the University of MotherGod Church, or the Church of Mother God, and says she is an avatar and a channel for Mother God. I have several hubs about her.

What the...! That couldn't have been more comfusing!

1. Bard of Ely profile image80
        Bard of Elyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is confusing about that? I have told you some of the facts. Either search here or on Google and you will find what I have said is correct!

No like...Guru Rasa! Who r u talking about....?

1. Bard of Ely profile image80
            Bard of Elyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am talking about Guru Rasa von Werder aka Kellie Everts whom I have interviewed for here and who has had her site deleted four times on Facebook and once on YouTube.

OK!

6. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

Well it would explain why men have nipples and why testicles are on the outside.  Only a female god would find this funny.

7. Written in Ashes profile image58
    Written in Ashesposted 12 years ago

God is neither man nor woman nor human. He is a spirit and therefore genderless. The Bible was written by men in a male dominated society so they probably viewed God as a male.

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or perhaps merely spoke of Him that way out of convenience, without really viewing Him that way. Merely a limitation of the language.

When we refer to someone as "it" (genderless) in English, it typically carries a connotation of disrespect, so we persist with "He."

No, the bible was written by a bunch of sexist old men, that is why it is referred to has he.
        Read the OT and see it for yourself.

Women are loathed and treated like cattle. smile

8. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

If there is a god and god is a women that might make sense. That would make the bulk of the Old Testament what?  The history of a bad case of pms? That was one b*tchy book.

9. lea86 profile image61
    lea86posted 12 years ago

In an accurate thinking,God has no gender but God created man like His image, and man was created follow by woman.This can be formulated that God has both traits male and female.

10. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

Of course God is a woman. That's why the Bible is so long! big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and of course God is a woman.  That's why human men took her words and twisted them in whatever ways made them serve their own selfish and controlling purposes.

1. secularist10 profile image60
        secularist10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Umm... huh?

So if God was a man, human men would not twist his words?

11. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 12 years ago

According to the Genesis story, woman was within man, before God separated the genders.  So both genders (the male  -- and the female who God took out of the man) got their attributes from God.  In that sense, it takes both the male and the female characteristics to complete God's image.  Yes, He can be both mother and father.

12. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Our languages are imperfect for describing the non-physical realm of creation and spirit.

God has no physical gender. The Ten Commandments caution against any graven images of God simply because God doesn't have a physical form. A graven image would thus be a lie and a distraction from truth.

No one knows the exact nature of God except perhaps those who have attained full spiritual awakening, so we muddle along with our imperfect symbols and wording.

Wisdom remains hidden in the Bible for a purpose. The very act of searching for that wisdom elicits humility which is one of the requirements for spiritual awakening. Nice how that works.

Much of the talk of gender in Genesis is symbolic for something else. For instance, the Kabbalah's "Tree of Life" has conceptual nodes which are considered either male or female -- personality traits or other qualities like "wisdom," "kindness," "severity," and "eternity."

This conceptual "Tree of Life" can be found embedded in Genesis, with one chapter detailing the "female" side of the Tree and the subsequent chapter detailing the "male" side.

We need to understand that the portrayal of women in Genesis as imperfect or flawed and the men as somewhat more righteous may merely be symbolic clues to that deeper wisdom. For instance, Genesis 6:1 describes men having daughters, who later led to the need for Noah's Flood. Naughty girls! But didn't the men also have sons? The omission is curious and a clue to that deeper wisdom.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More "convenient" than nice, actually. That's what's called a con, the "pig-in-a-poke" scam to be more precise.

13. profile image52
    ibneahmadposted 12 years ago

The Creator God has no gender;He is Immortal; only mortals have a gender.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)