God ~ The Absentee Landlord

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (76 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/59827main_saturn_god.jpg
    The title pretty much sums it up, wouldn't you say? smile

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey lady?

I hope things are looking up for you more lately?  Or that they will soon!

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look for God and he'll be found.

He already gave us life, now we have to take the second step toward him.

paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are about 32,325,667 Hubbers who will dispute that.

Namely because they all looked, but He was nowhere to be found...

1. profile image0

Maybe they believed Jesus was God and called out and searched for him instead of God.

I just read your profile. I see that you are a minister. My compliments. smile

As a kinder, gentler paradigmsearch; I no longer torture believers. big_smile

Best Wishes. smile

1. profile image0

Thank you.

Best wishes to you too.

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image58
    pioneer_writer5posted 13 years ago

When a Landlord has an objectional tenant, he cannot simply throw them out into the street. He/she has to follow the tenents of the law and its processes in order to legally remove said tenant. In much the same way God will not simply eradicate humans albeit wicked without allowing enough time to prove to all of his creation the legality of eviction. He is not tyrannical, so he does not act like a Don who would remove any and all obstacles to his Patriarchal dictatorship.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting. I thought the party line was we were his children. I've never heard of anyone contemplating eradicating their kids. But maybe I don't get out much.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Still nowhere to be found...

4. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I think that maybe you have put the cat among the pigeons. smile

5. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The above statement is incorrect.

The Creator God is always present everywhere with His absolute attributes.

paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxP05TGs-0IhtYSmOqg6zopDa9mgj2UIoXfo_1-n9Cu-bhvvcCqg
      Nope, not there...smile

1. OutWest profile image57
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You wont find Him looking that way.  He is of the spiritual world and we cannot use our 5 senses to find Him.

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
    3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
      1. earnestshub profile image71
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If that were true, then god is the biggest despot the world has ever seen.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1412116_f248.jpg

Hes there ,our eyes need time to focus wink

smile smile smile

2. profile image0

True.   
      Eaglekiwi, you know it's so peaceful to be able to rest in the knowledge that He's always around.
      smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brenda,

I agree ,and often its our perscpective ,that makes ALL the difference!

The Landlord may not appear to be present ,but our walls are constantly before Him. smile

1. profile image0

And sometimes He makes it known, and other times we have to seek Him.

Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True that ,and oh the times we wished He wasnt looking lol

1. profile image0

lol

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No matter how much we focus our eyes, we will not see your God on Earth or anywhere near it, so why would so dishonestly go out of your way to make such a post?

Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is not dishonest for me, at all.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Yes, I know. However, believing in it does not trump the dishonesty of it no matter how much you believe.

7. tsmog profile image86
    tsmogposted 13 years ago

Help me paradigmsearch with the paradox you have presented. I would like to know if there is specificity to/of/for g(G)od or is it the g(G)od of within philosophical thought? And, you imply ownership without specificity to what - matter, ethereal, etc. And, again implying something is paid, which is what? Or, as George said in the movie Phenomenon, "Well, let's get specific, Bob!"

I'm occupied elsewhere. You guys will have to have fun without me. smile

8. Your Deja Vu profile image60
    Your Deja Vuposted 13 years ago

Have to wonder how the universe was created. It's nice to believe in heaven and that there is a higher being watching over us. Absentee...for sure!! Well everything that happens in a positive manner we "thank God" and when not we say "God works in mysterious ways".

I tend to be one who questions and is always in search of the truth. I grew up in a christian family that went to church and praised the Lord. I am certainly not against the positive aspects of religion but truly despise the negative side of it. More wars are fought over different beliefs then just about anything else.

Most of the popular religions people follow today are from about 100bc to 200 ad. Not saying that they have no merit. Just kind of wondering what rules people followed before then. Maybe it was not important enough to have a bible before that??????

In the recent decades, there have been some amazing discoveries in science. We have also found civilizations that have origins dating back to 10,000 bc. They most likely had some form of God they worshipped. This was also a very advanced society who were able to build cities much like the ancient Egyptians which came along 5-6000 years later.

At this time, there was no story of Jesus and no bible for people to follow. Guess it just wasnt a cool thing to do back then. Then again, why would the true creator wait so long to tell his word? Sheesh.....people must have really been lost without it.

9. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I see by all the religion forum titles that the religionists are out in force today.

Popular huh wink

But Id rather be doin this :

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1636835.jpg

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ha.
        Do you bungee jump?
        You've got more guts than me!  lol
        Just the thought of that makes my stomach churn.

..lol

No, not yet ,but its on my bucket list.

I once met this young guy in a wheelchair,who was so excited about going for his first jump!
          He read my expression well and laughed replying.."Well what can I break ,thats not already broken" lol

He also went on to say that everyday ,he wakes up and thinks of some new fear that he can conquer...

Trust me Brenda , thats not me at all, but his positivety did have an impact on me smile

P.S Bet ya do have the courage, and I can get it cheaper if two sign up (hehe)

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A bargain!  ROFL!   
            When you do it, let me know so I can live (err jump) vicariously through you, okay?  smile

Wow, it's awesome to hear about the guy in the wheelchair; he sounds like a great person!

10. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Nope!

Some people simply are more blind than others. When they look with only their Homo sapiens eyeballs, they miss a lot.

Those who are special that can see beyond Homo sapiens eyeballs must give up their honesty and integrity in order to do so. lol

11. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

The only time I have ever seen God was in my imagination.  Therefore, God is imaginary.  But He does show up in the imaginations of people who are susceptible to suggestions.

In reality, however, God is indeed absent.

12. paradigmsearch profile image59

As you may have noticed, I have been busily collecting hub links for my blog. Here's the thread link to give you the background: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/84500#top. I know it is a pain, but please read through it all to get the nuances. Failure to do so will probably result in your link not being included.

I have decided to include religion, God, non-religion, and non-God.

For this particular category, unfortunately, I am rather anal-retentive. All hub links submitted will have to meet the following criteria:

A. Established hubs that are already receiving at least double-digit, daily traffic.

B. No hate.

C. No rants.

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?  smile

Hub links will not be mixed. There will be a separate page for each of the 4 categories.

I will keep you updated as to progress. As I have done in the other thread, all entries will be treated with respect and courtesy.

Well, there appear to be no religion hubs that meet the above criteria. Due to a complete lack of response, my offer is withdrawn. smile

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've got a couple. They don't get stellar traffic, but they met your other criteria. You set the bar too high. I think only rants get a lot of traffic. We like to argue religion. Obviously.

OK, I will give it a shot. smile

Send me your decent-traffic, rant hub-links!

Please include a unique summary with each hub-link.

No more than 2 hub-links per profile.

Pro-God, anti-God, pro-religion, anti-religion. They will all be mixed together in one big, happy, rant-filled page. smile

Any hub-link that I blog-post will also be facebooked and tweeted.

Have fun with this. smile smile smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry am I missing something here? Why would I want to send you my hub links or care about whether I get double digit traffic? hmm

I just kind of casually stumble around hubpages when I want to read something interesting. I've never clicked on any crappy advertisement links on anyone's hubs and I similarly can't be arsed to think about ads that just happen to appear in mine as if by magic.

13. paradigmsearch profile image59

And please include unique summaries with your hub links! smile

14. aware profile image66
    awareposted 12 years ago

What is the percentage ? 8 of 31?

15. aware profile image66
    awareposted 12 years ago

casting aspersions on something claimed  , not to be?
    gods a plumber all the sudden?  drain clogged?
    want new carpet?   ill tell you whats absent. a analogy.

16. Your Deja Vu profile image60
    Your Deja Vuposted 12 years ago

All of a sudden looks like a link getting business here. I could use a few links....anyone game? And I have not tried bungee jumping either but have repelled off 50 story buildings over 250 times.

17. Your Deja Vu profile image60
    Your Deja Vuposted 12 years ago

Whoops.......actually more like thousands of times just to be clear!

18. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

I spoke to God only tonight, and asked Him why he had not been answering people's prayers lately.  He explained that He has his in-laws coming to stay and has been busy painting the spare bedroom.  However, once they have gone, God will resume the answering of prayers.  He asks that people give Him a couple of weeks though.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In other words, don't hold your breath.

19. paradigmsearch profile image59

Let's check here...

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Cities/Roanoke/128-0030_Saint_Andrew%27s_Roman_Catholic_Church_VLR_4th.jpg
    Nope. Not here either.

You have to look inside of yourself.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Borrowed from Turoks.com:

One Sunday morning an old cowboy entered a church just before services were to begin. Although the old man and his clothes were spotlessly clean, he wore jeans, a denim shirt and boots that were very worn and ragged. In his hand he carried a worn out old hat and an equally worn out Bible. The church he entered was in a very upscale and exclusive part of the city.

It was the largest and most beautiful church the old cowboy had ever seen. The people of the congregation were all dressed with expensive clothes and accessories. As the cowboy took a seat, the others moved away from him. No one greeted, spoke to, or welcomed him. They were all appalled at his appearance and did not attempt to hide it.

The preacher gave a long sermon about Hellfire and brimstone and a stern lecture on how much money the church needed to do God's work. As the old cowboy was leaving the church, the preacher approached him and asked the cowboy to do him a favor. "Before you come back in here again, have a talk with God and ask him what He thinks would be appropriate attire for worship." The old cowboy assured the preacher he would.

The next Sunday, he showed back up for the services wearing the same ragged jeans, shirt, boots, and hat. Once again he was completely shunned and ignored. The preacher approached the man and said, "I thought I asked you to speak to God before you came back to our church."

"I did," replied the old cowboy.

"If you spoke to God, what did he tell you the proper attire should be for worshipping in here?" asked the preacher.

"Well, sir, God told me that He didn't have a clue what I should wear. He says He's never been in this church before."

That's funny.  And maybe there's some truth to it.  Just because the building is a church does not mean you'll find Him there.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Like with an X-ray machine or an MRI?

If you want to. roll

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You haven't tried the pub, have you?

3. profile image0
      RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this church one built by Disney, or is it a Mormon one?

I have no idea. I swiped it from a .gov site. I do recollect that it is located in Virginia.big_smile

20. aware profile image66
    awareposted 12 years ago

Ive stood in a empty abandon  church , stained glass broken, dusty pews .  falling down and broken.  I aint saying  god . But something big was there .
    ps im not any religion.

21. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

My how we love to point our finger at God.  You bad God because you don't do what we think you should do.

Go did he not say "Let's give man dominion over the earth."

Dominion:
    the power or right of governing and controlling; sovereign authority.

So now man had to capacity, the power to create whatever kind of world we choose.  It  would appear the world we chose to create is about

Selfishness, Hatred, Greed, Suffering, Poverty, Jeousy, Envy, War, Torture, Evil.  But Hey God Ignore All The Evil We Do!  We Want To Know Why Don't You Jump In Here And Be Our Butler And Clean Up This Mess We Never Stop Making.  Frankly God We Don't Care For Your Commandments or You-but because of this crap we've created-You Are The Bad God.

Really!!!!!!!!!

Or more precisely, He doesn't do what He says He's going to do.

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What actually didn't he do-Troubled Man?

Anything. He has done absolutely nothing.

22. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

No, the Creator God is present everywhere with His attributes.

23. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/PAR1138/Atheism%20skepticism/th_4046.jpg

24. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

Don't wait until the rent is due to find out.

big_smile

25. paradigmsearch profile image59

Well, it's been awhile. I guess it is time for me to start looking around again...big_smile

26. paradigmsearch profile image59

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5467440.jpg
    Possible...

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you’re looking for a banker, do you look in a kitchen? If you're looking for a landscaper do you look under a car hood?

I have always likened God to a clockmaker. A clockmaker creates his masterpiece and hangs it on the wall then he moves the pendulum. The clock is in motion on it's own. To interfere with the clock would be to interfere with it's design. I think that we are not to dis similar in he aspect that we were created to be in a state of existence. We were created and he said, "Go."

Do I believe there is interaction between he and our lives, absolutely. But when you think of the scale of people in the world over the time period in the bible vs the people mentioned in the bible whose lives were directly effected, it's pretty small don't you think?

I like that. smile

27. paradigmsearch profile image59

bored one of 2

28. paradigmsearch profile image59

But not 2 of 2.

29. paradigmsearch profile image59

http://amightywind.com/gif/heavenstairway.jpg

30. profile image55
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

How can God be absent when he already told you what will happen. You have free will and he told you if you build your home on sand it would get washed away. If the World is evil then the World will be evil seems like he was right to me. Every where I look I see that most of the problems belong to people and God has nothing to do with the results. Its like telling your kid not to do something and the kid does it any way. All you can say is I //// told you that would happen. Does your kid then blame you and you then have to tell him to grow the //// up. The lessons are all there in the Bible and so our the results. If you want to exclude God then consider your own intelligence. Lets build our homes in the desert and on a cliff next to a major fault. Common sense does not exist and we picked where to put the house. We also decided how we would build it, purchase it and whom we trusted with the loan. You really didn't think that you would ever get to keep it did you? Its a funny thing when the land lord is not bothered by our short time on Earth but more concerned with what you do with that time before you leave. Apparently, we are all renters.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)