jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (16 posts)

Sometimes I humour myself.

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I think Scientology was secretly started by Mormons so they could have a religion to make fun of.

1. Shanna11 profile image92
      Shanna11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haven't head that theory before! I've heard the one that says us Mormons have a secret weapons cache beneath all our churches and that we perform satanic rituals, but not that one.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is that a deflective tactic to stop folk making fun of them? LOL C'mon the Osmonds!!!!

1. Castlepaloma profile image28
        Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If I was not getting enough science fiction and Hollywood, I would pick Scientology

If I wanted secret underwear and order my wife around more I would pick Mormons,
        replymore →

Uh oh... Mormons order their wives around? My dad's been doing it wrong for years then!

Mainly based on my Mormon business partner I had for three years. The Mormon Bountiful's have up to 20 wives to keep in line, around my parts.

Those aren't part of the mainstream Mormon church. I have one Mormon father, married to one Mormon woman. Mainstream Mormons do not practice polygamy. I don't know where you're at, but whatever 'Mormons' you are associating with are not part of the majority of Mormons. That's a lot of Mormons in one paragraph.

If your business partner was treating his wife poorly, then shame on him. As a Mormon woman myself, any man who doesn't respect me is getting a boot up his rear.

1. profile image0
                Cranfordjsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mormonism 'mainstream' provides the scriptural literalism for polygamy.

Maybe so. But we still renounced it over a century ago. You'll get kicked out of the Mormon church if you practice polygamy today.

They keep wining in these many court cases and still allowed to marry up to 20 wives.

I can't even handle one  girlfriend, not that I'm jealous

2. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I would have thought that both polygyny and polyandry were frowned upon today.  So,... having multiple husbands is not okay, but having multiple wives is not addressed?

I get my poly's confused sometimes.... sorry! tongue Multiple spouses are indeed frowned upon in either case.

Johnjfernandoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thats tough to answer especially since society tends to shape the belief system of certain things that are right and wrong. Right now, having multiple wives is okay, but a woman having multiple husbands sort of demeanors the integrity of who they are. Don't know why though, but thought I should throw this answer in from class where I asked your question to the professor.

If the 10- 20 wives or more than one husbands are not slaves and you can afford them.

Why not?

Johnjfernandoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well.....if it were a personal question, I think one wife is good enough for me, but thats if the marriage lasts, really.

I can not handle one woman or afford her nor can i boss her around.

Wonder if someone could, would you stop them from doing so, if you had the chance?

working