Where Is The Love

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (53 posts)
  1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc&ob=av2n
    One of my favorite songs and wonderful message! Just walk around this world sometimes and ask myself these thoughts in the lyrics. So true and vivid picture of what we all need to understand!

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"People killin', people dyin'
      Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
      Can you practice what you preach
      And would you turn the other cheek"

Yes, seems it's a striking resemblance to what we talk about here and the fact Christians act so un-Christianlike... rather scathing, don't you think?

HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trouble like I always say it is everyone in the world, you just focus on one group. Spread your horizon's. lol

Yes, I know you don't believe folks without Christ have no morals or ethics, but the lyrics are a scathing critique about YOUR beliefs, not those that actually have morals and ethics.

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It must be nice to be a simple observer in the journey through life. Not having to take any accountability for your actions and your partipation in the process. To only criticize. To attempt to tear down, with no clear idea of how to build up.

I wonder what the world would be like if we all spent all of our time looking at everyone else and not honestly searching within ourselves to share what little we can to change the microcosm of the world we truly have control over.

Yes, I know I'm being critical, which means the whole statement is hypocritical; but do you ever have anything nice to say about religion? You do realize that the religious are simply people too? Humanity creates the problems; religion is little more than one tool in the arsenal.

Considering the destruction and deaths religion has brought over the centuries and that fact it hasn't offered or provided anything useful to societies, that it indoctrinates our children and leaves them ignorant and unable to think for themselves, what good is there to say about religion? You tell me.

No, they are ancient, bronze aged ideals that have no bearing on humans and societies.

Then, lets abolish religion, based on YOUR logic, so there is one less tool in the arsenal.

1. Eric Newland profile image62
            Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now you're talkin'! Fire up dem gas chambers and start diggin' mass graves! We got six billion people to get through in the name of stopping hate!

1. profile image0

Don't give him any ideas.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

What does your suggestion of murdering people have to do with abolishing an extremely bad ideology? Is that the solution believers come up with? Murder?

1. Eric Newland profile image62
                Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm just saying, if you want to abolish religion that's your only recourse.

Unless you think you can build enough jails to hold that many people?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or we could educate people. That works as well. Most of Europe is ditching it's religious drivel - mostly down to a deeper understanding of the Universe through education. A decent education system in the USA would help move things along. It just takes time. 2,000 years of indoctrination and murdering the heathens - that will take a while to eradicate.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

That's hilarious, so murdering people is your solution to dealing with bad ideologies. Unbelievable dude, my respect for you has seriously diminished. I actually thought you had some brains in your head.

2. profile image0

No, that is your logic; but sure, let's see if that might work. We should probably see if it has been tried before and view how it played out.  I suppose that look see would include Stalin, Mao, and Hitler. They all did try to stamp out one form of religion or another. 

Are you advocating following in their footsteps?  Do these examples show a better system; in your esteemed opinion?

If not, what would you do different from the examples we have so far?

Ah yes, the communism/nazi/dictatorship argument. When will you believers ever understand those are utterly false and stupid solutions to existing problems? You repeat those mantras over and over and over no matter how many times they're explained to you.

1. janesix profile image60
                janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what do you suggest as a solution?

Considering there are so many various problems with religions to deal with, a number of solutions would have to be created. Murdering people is certainly not one of them, that would be pure stupidity to even consider.

One of the most important problems and probably one of the most difficult to deal with first and foremost is the indoctrination of children, and that will indeed require some very good and productive solutions.

Of course, we all know that often the solutions that are presented may or may not work and often problems are solved with trial and error. But, considering that actually does work in the long run, we should at the very least try solutions, as long as they don't harm anyone in the process.

2. profile image0

So, you are arguing that none of these regimes attempted to abolish religion? This isn't a believer talking, simply a student of history.

I suppose it could be argued that their agenda had nothing to do with religion. Although, Hitler was religious....so you would argue that his actions did have something to do with religion. You're a have your cake and eat it too debator.

You do realize that any attempt to abolish religion infringes on freedom of conscience. Would you abolish our freedoms in order to attain your goals? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm not going down those patently false and ridiculous rat holes again, Emile.

1. profile image0

Again, these are your rat holes. No one else's.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image58
                  Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love cake

Education removes free will to believe in false things. That's not necessarily a bad thing though is it?

1. profile image0

A fellow cake lover. It's always nice to run across a hubber with good taste. smile

I'm all for education. But, ATM seems to be laboring under the asinine assumption that religion needs to be eradicated. Education will not do that, unless he is advocating re-education camps. Which his militant and sometimes mindless posts tend to suggest.

2. Sky9106 profile image65
      Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always say that it's starts at home , but it's not the end when home was absent, It should be the beginning of the next effort from us in society, to be loving and from our own honesty will come love for the children. The love is still here , when The Most High God removes the Love , then we are all in trouble , if we are not read, for his love. He said in John 14:3 that: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
      Great thoughtful attention.
      Bless.

Pleasent words from you Sky! smile

2. teaches12345 profile image77
        teaches12345posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like your thoughts, sky9106, love starts at home. It must be demonstrated and real to encourage the action in behavior. Regarding, Christ, is is the example of pure love. He was a man on earth and showed us all how to love one another. Many people say, "where is the love now?" I would tend to agree in some cases that it is not evident. However, if they are diligent to pursue and seek it .. he does respond.  Jer 29:11-14 states this manner of seeking and finding.

Very true teaches, think it just depends on what people are focused on love and peace, or war and anger. If they really want to find a loving heart they do have to seek it.

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yet your god remains as silent as a dummy, offering no help, and sending no guidance from above.

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9MUg6uk5lg
    found a friend for you trouble, he'll agree with what ever you say. smile

And, here we go again, the moment anyone criticizes your religious beliefs, you start with the insults because you have absolutely no rebuttal or defense of your beliefs.

Unbelievable behavior.

Don't know what you are doing in my thread for Trouble! Thought we agreed to stay away from each other. If you don't agree with I stand for and believe in, than move on! You chose to be here. You created the moment. Take responsibility for it, and move on. The forums aren't owned by you, and if you don't like the belief, or message no one is forcing you to participate in their threads. I don't get in arguments with you because it is a waste of time and energy. You believe what you do, glad it works for you. It your reality. I didn't force you to read this thread, nor invite you personally in it. You entered it yourself.

Being insulted by you, evidently.

It's a public forum, one in which others may discuss religious beliefs, not one where you may personally insult others simply because they reveal those beliefs as nonsense.

What you believe and what you stand for from a religious perspective causes great harm to others. Moving on would only show I have no morals or ethics.

And, they aren't owned by you, either, nor do the owners allow you to insult other members here or tell them what to do.

That is the very reason why other participate.

Yes, I know, you only insult people, you don't get involved with arguments.

And, I will leave it myself, on my own accord, not yours.

I did not invite your personal insults, YOU created them all by yourself.

You need to understand these are public forums and that if you make posts or create threads, others will comment. If you don't like that, perhaps then it is you who should move on. smile

3. HattieMattieMae profile image60
  4. HattieMattieMae profile image60
  5. HattieMattieMae profile image60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8oAGvFxevw
    Love is my Religion! Move on if you don't agree!

6. HattieMattieMae profile image60
  7. ALL4JESUS profile image75
    ALL4JESUSposted 12 years ago

Very powerful video and very true of our lives today and yet we are all made capable of love.

Love begins at home.

8. jennzie profile image72
    jennzieposted 12 years ago

I often ask myself this question a lot as well.

No one is born hateful or mean- they become that way largely based on the environment they grew up in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)