Proof that Satin is worshiped by world leaders

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6496468_f248.jpg

Which looks like...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6496476_f248.jpg

Which reminds me of...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6496486_f248.jpg

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's the best I've seen M.O. look, ever. The color is right for her, the balance of full skirt with bare shoulders (her best feature), the soft sheen of the satin, the stylishly tarnished retro bohemian bangles and chains, the slightly askew hair reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch from which this dress was copied. Very fetching. Oh, yes, and the $600. earrings she bought with Bush's tax cuts.

1. twosheds1 profile image60
        twosheds1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. I like the style of dress on her, but I don't think the colour complements her well. I think black women look better in contrasting colours, especially red or blue jewel tones, rather than colours which aren't far off from the colour of their skin. I'm not saying she looks bad, not by any means, but I think a bolder colour would have suited her better.

2. Mmargie1966 profile image84
      Mmargie1966posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the giggle!  At first I just thought you couldn't spell...lol

2. Eric Newland profile image60

Come on, admit it, you at least cracked a smile.

The Moody Blues did "Nights in White Satin," in case you're completely lost.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

Hope that helps! lol

2. HarperDavis profile image60
      HarperDavisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the explanation, lol.

Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know explaining a joke ruins it, but when I have to Google who did the song just to get my reference accurate...

3. couturepopcafe profile image60

I always thought it was Knights in White Satin. Probably just a young girl dreaming of knights instead of well, you know.

4. twosheds1 profile image60

Except that Nights in White Satin wasn't on that album, and the lineup was totally different. The MB of "Go Now" and the MB of "Nights" were essentially two different bands.

But I still got a laugh out of it.

I just pulled in a nice image from page 1 of GIS. I decided against the actual cover of the "Nights in White Satin" single for reasons I can't quite remember.

1. twosheds1 profile image60

The more I think about it, my answer was kind of douchey. Sorry about that.

3. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

lol  who wouldn't worship it's smooth, silky, cool touch?!?  lol

Don't give in! Don't let the satinists pull the wool over your eyes!

...wait

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

OH, you tease me!!  With satiny silkiness and warmth and cuddle factor of wool!!  Which one....... which side shall I choose?!?  lol

One is made from the hair of lamb and the other is the web of very well fed worms. Hope this helps you decide.

4. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

lol lol lol

Wasn't expecting that!

5. bethperry profile image83
    bethperryposted 12 years ago

I'll be happy to join the order of the Knights of White Satin..or black or red. Of course, my family may object; they're all strict Silk Orthodox wink

You thought it was Knights, too?

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

Silk Orthodox is actually a Satin sect. So are the Polyester Satinists (those frauds) and Cotton Satinists, the rural cousin of the original Silk Satinists.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget dakronism and the rayonian sects...

2. Eric Newland profile image60

Most of them believe that life begins in the loom.

lol And that God will cull the cotton gin and discard of all refuse...

You reap what you sew.

And the buttons there on, shall be clad in gold and precious stone.

And after he had taken the ink tags off, he gave them to his disciples and said, "Take this, all of you, and wear it."

"But whosoever shall wear the mark of the ink on his hands shall be labeled a thief and shall wear the mark of the beast.

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

ha - much better than the other crazy thread. lol

You said thread.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile have you read it?? it's crazy!

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

smile oh I like Satin.

8. oceansnsunsets profile image84
    oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years ago

LOL

9. Eric Newland profile image60

Uh-oh, is this thread going to reinforce the notion that the Bible is just a fabrication?

How do you know it's not?

http://youtu.be/4lGG1fgSkl4

It's all a bunch of lies....

Hey, there isn't a pun in that post. mad

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

It's just a big yarn woven by the Silk Satinists, those mulberry eating elitists.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh my gosh, does it ever end?  LOL

10. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Yep your right Eric, your doomed and America is sh*t outta luck, Satin, is gonna get 'em.

Loomed, perfumed, doomed and tombed.

That's why I cling to the old rugged cross stitch.

2. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about crushed velvet or Taffeta? Can I wear my pumps and sportsbra?

No. The Silk Taffetas, front men and loyal to the Silk Satinists, crushed the Velvet Underground movement in the 60s disavowing the use of pumps in your sportsbra.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)