jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Would Christians against Gay adoption be willing to..

1. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Go into foster homes, group homes, and shelters and explain to these children why they shouldn't have a home?

2. recommend1 profile image65
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I support his group - why should any child be subjected to these disgusting human beings and their foul morals, the kids would be better off living on the street than in any of their kristian caves.

peeplesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm unclear what group you are against here.

2. recommend1 profile image65
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just read this after 2 weeks away and realise it could be misconstrued - my post above was sarcasm aimed at kristians who adopt and mistreat kids not the normally loving and safe environment of a gay home.

Thanks for the clarity!

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

Thank goodness that it's the government and not the church who makes the decision when/where to place adoptable children.  Until that changes, I don't see any reason to wonder what Christians against adoption by gay couples are willing to do.

Who do you think encourages the government? The voters do. So anytime voters elect people who are against gay adoption they are helping make that decision. That's why I wonder. It is election year and people will be voting for the people who will make the decisions. I am curious if voters would be willing to take some responsibility for their votes.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, many of the people against abortion or adoption by gay couples have no desire to care for women during crisis pregnancies or adoptable children who have no homes.

That being said, there are many organizations that are faith based who do just that.  While I completely understand where you're coming from (because I think that way too), it's a situation that will never be resolved to our liking until ... well, Christians aren't allowed to vote.

And that just doesn't seem all that American, does it?

Edit:  And in truth, money is what encourages the government, not voters.  It's all about what it costs to take care of women and children, not what's best for them.

Good point.

4. Born2care2001 profile image84
    Born2care2001posted 5 years ago

It saddens me that I am part of a society that has chosen to find a way to hate in the name of love!

I agree, sad indeed.

5. Finally-A-Mommy profile image56
    Finally-A-Mommyposted 5 years ago

Peeples, if you have read my hubs "My Long Journey To Motherhood" you will have learned that my husband and I became certified foster parents, although we never fostered any children... but part of the process is learning about what most of these children go through, the hell and torment is sickening. Our class was fortunate enough to have a former foster child (she was adopted by one of the instructors)a 16 year old girl, come into our class, tell us her story and allowed us to ask her questions. I will not divulge the discussion, but I will say that I was moved to tears.
    I think it is ridiculous to keep a child out of a loving home because of the adults' romantic preference. There are far too many children who have been bruised, beaten and broken for me to say they can't have someone's love and affection because the potential foster parent is gay. And for someone to say they are better off... I challenge you to do what I did, sit and listen to the horror that this young girl survived. She has a much older soul than a "regular" 16 year old girl. Her childhood and her innocents was stolen by her heterosexual, biologic parents.

I'm glad that the world has people like you! Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question.

1. Babypenguin profile image61
        Babypenguinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, foul humans? some people are too open about when it comes to thier opinions, every person has the right to choose what they want to be? do you think the same about people who change sex aswell? It just so happens that my brother is gay and has a child, and he is a bloody good dad

6. Babypenguin profile image61
    Babypenguinposted 5 years ago

And every single child on this planet deserves a home, no matter if the parent is gay

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is right. But in the modern society instead of the home as a safe haven it sometimes turn out to be a bad place to be nurtured. This is just the changing functions of family's structure.

7. Babypenguin profile image61
    Babypenguinposted 5 years ago

In all fairness, family structures barley exist anymore. I no only a few people who have a family home i.e mum dad brother sister etc. Even my own family structure is not very good

working