jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Why do some people enjoy arguing?

1. moneyfairy profile image72
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Why do some people enjoy arguing?

Why do some people tend to argue over just about anything , whether they know anything about what they are arguing about or not?? No matter what subject you bring up the'll find an argument for it?? Do they do it for the attention or do they just enjoy upsetting others? Just wondering why some enjoy arguing?

2. dashingme profile image72
    dashingmeposted 5 years ago

I think to those who like arguements has a low temperance they get easily provoked and let thier emotions rule. They often seek attention letting other people that they are though, strong, has right opinion of what thier own personal views psychologicaly. Sometimes they have so called super inflated ego they feel they have to be look up or praise.

moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

dashingme: You are right that the ones that argue have a huge ego or like to think so anyway. Thanks!

2. dashingme profile image72
      dashingmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello moneyfairy thank you for choosing my comment as best. Truly appreciate that.. Kudos to you!

3. moneyfairy profile image72

You are very welcome and what you said is correct!!! Thanks!!!

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

My family likes to argue. They don't get mean and nasty about it, they just like to argue. They can show what they know and try to change opinions of others. Theirs is more like debate but they get louder as they get involved in the argument.
    Others like to argue to cause problems. On the internet, they are called trolls. They will name call and tell you how stupid you are. I usually ignore them, they are looking for attention and the more people that argue with them about it, the happier they are. They have gotten the attention that they want.

1. PatrickC profile image59
      PatrickCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your first paragraph. My family is the same way.

2. moneyfairy profile image72

Thank you Becky, you are correct in saying that the ones on the internet are trolls and are looking for attention. Thanks also for sharing about your family.

4. Hridyapal-Bhogal profile image75
    Hridyapal-Bhogalposted 5 years ago

There are 2 kind of people who argue - one who wants to know more but are unable to do so & one who just argue for a 'tempting boost' to their egos.

Some people also argue as they derive some sort of 'fun' from it. There is another category of people who argue so that they can test the nature and characteristics of others (these are also sometimes known as 'Interviewers'!)

Hridyapal-Bhogal: You are so right. some enjoy taunting others for the fun of it,thus trying to boost their ego. thanks!

5. profile image0
    jonaiveposted 3 years ago

Maybe they just want attention. Some people think their persuading powers fire up when arguing so they do it often.

working