jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)

Handbag or shoes?

1. cherriquinn profile image79
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

Handbag or shoes?

If you had $500 and had to choose one which would it be?

2. annart profile image85
    annartposted 5 years ago

Shoes every time, no contest.  I'm the Imelda Marcos of Somerset!
    However, with $500 (£300? or a bit less, not sure) I could buy several bags and pairs of shoes - amazing what brilliant buys you can obtain when you shop around.
    Good question!

cherriquinnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I think about three hundred British pounds. Shopping around for a bargain is definitely my thing.

3. lenamariee profile image85
    lenamarieeposted 5 years ago

Handbags, I've never had the inclination towards shoes that women are "supposed" to have.

Me neither nor handbags women are 'supposed' to carry.Give me a rucksack any day!

4. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

Cherriquin, do I have to choose? Tough! Pretty much crazy on both but I'd go for the shoes. Besides, I could go walking without a handbag but never without shoes. (:

wink very true. Thanks for commenting.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Shoes, but I'm cheap. $500 would buy a lot of flip flops

It certainly would buy alot of flip flops!

6. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Neither.  I don't care about either of those things and wouldn't spend over $80 (tops) on either of them, and that's not something I generally make a habit of doing either.

I'd either keep my $500 (or, if I were splurging, my $420) or else spend it on something more worthwhile than shoes or handbags.

Maybe the person who would spend $500 on either shoes or a handbag ought to see if she can buy herself an hour at a therapy session, aimed at, maybe, finding out why such thinks shoes/handbags are apparently that important to her.  hmm

Each to their own. Alot of women find these items a worth while buy.I don't particularly indulge in fashion and never in handbags, but wouldn't think twice about spending on walking gear if I had the cash! I posted this question for research.

2. LaThing profile image73
      LaThingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Naayyh! Therapy is not worth it! Maybe an iPad will be good, right? smile

7. girimybf profile image59
    girimybfposted 5 years ago

I would choose shoes just beacuse i feel like i use shoes more, and the fact that i really dislike to cary arond a bag, it is just so much of a pain in the but sometimes and i could get more shoes then bags

wink good answer.

8. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

If I could only choose one, it would have to be the shoes.  Many times my purse is left behind in the car or dropped in a corner somewhere, but the outfit is often dependent on the shoes and the shoes stay with me!

Great answer! and very true.

9. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Handbags for sure! I am going for Louis Vuitton..... but with $500 I will probably have to go to the outlet store!

ooh very expensive taste then.

10. donabhatt profile image73
    donabhattposted 5 years ago

Shoes. It is always worth spending behind  good shoes because they are important for our comfort.

Absolutely right! Im not into the latest fashion shoes but do believe investing good money in good comfortable footwear.

11. Brittanie2216 profile image86
    Brittanie2216posted 5 years ago

I would choose shoes.  I feel like I could never have to many shoes.  I love purses but lately I have been carrying a baby and a diaper bag so I just throw everything in there as well.  Shoes are more of a must have item to me a really fun cute necessity.

12. utsav-fashion profile image60
    utsav-fashionposted 5 years ago

Handbag is the better option which you can carry anywhere along with you. But girls usually don't wear shoes most of the time. If anyone is spending $500 then she should buy a thing which can be more useful.
    Handbag is useful is carrying all your useful belongings like make-up kits, credit cards, debit cards your identity proof etc.

13. annewilson profile image60
    annewilsonposted 5 years ago

I will definitely go for Handbag, because it will more beneficial. I can carry mobile, money and also my beauty product. Apart from these i can see more varieties in $500 range.

working