jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you wear a wristwatch?

1. Gina145 profile image83
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

Do you wear a wristwatch?

Now that everyone carries a cellphone everywhere they go, is the wristwatch still a necessity or is it just a relic of the past?

2. BraidedZero profile image91
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

I personally still have a few watches and I wear them. Even if I don't use it I still think it looks nice. Looks good with a nice suite.

3. Aikonia profile image84
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

A necessity and a fashion accessory ;-) There are some places you can't have your cell phone on or should be referred to being in an inappropriate situation and in most cases checking the time on a wrist watch is acceptable. Also, how are you going to "Synchronize watches!!" if you don't have a watch. Cell phone time comes in handy if you have the time zones set up to make sure you are not going to call your buddy at 4am in the morning in Australia - unless you want too!!

4. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I always used to wear one everyday but now  I wear one occasionally / it bugs me now having it on my arm .

5. jodeci profile image61
    jodeciposted 5 years ago

I use to wear a wrist watch, sometimes I'm tempted to purchase one anyway because you never know when you will loose your cellphone, battery goes dead, at least you have your watch. I'm also tempted because some of them are so stylish.

But I haven't worn a watch in a couple of years because I rely (too much) on my cell phone.

6. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

yes.............................................................................................................

7. multiculturalsoul profile image84
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I haven't worn a wristwatch since 1985. It was a Timex. I assume it's still ticking somewhere.

I stopped wearing watches because they annoyed me into looking at them so often, which was a waste of time. I haven't missed wearing one at all. The world is made of clocks these days.

8. Goody5 profile image73
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I wear a wristwatch just about all of the time. However that may change soon since at work they are discussing banning watches and jewelry, which is silly if you ask me.

9. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No, but I plan on purchasing one soon. My old wristwatch lasted three years and I loved it. Especially the fact that it was waterproof. Always a bonus.

10. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Yes, I'm old school and still wear one everyday. I treat them like accessories that compliment whatever I'm wearing.

11. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 16 months ago

All the time, I couldn't live without it. The choice and style of wrist watches available today are amazing.

working