How Often Do you Change your Hair Style ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. B0SSET;KaRDASHiAN profile image59
    B0SSET;KaRDASHiANposted 13 years ago

To me, girls should change their hair every 2-3 days.
    I have the type of hair, that after two days it starts to itch really bad and smell. So i wash my hair every 3 days and change my hair styles a lot

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wash my hair every day, which is about personal hygiene.

I change my style maybe.... every two years. style has nothing to do with cleanliness.

washing aside, I think anyone, girls or guys, should style their hair however/whenever they want to.

2. Miss Paula profile image39
      Miss Paulaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wash my hair every other day,but I don't change it very offend

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...try a shower everyday...it does wonders

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  love yer sense of humor

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol   Same here.  I'm not surprised about that "smelling issue", given the three-day thing.  lol

I'm an everyday hair-washer and barely-ever-change-my-hairdo kind of person.  With fine, straight, hair there's only so much I can do hairdo-wise.  I have a two-inch window of length for my mid-length "deal" and a variety of angles at which I taper it at the front - that's it, sorry to say.  (On the other hand, I've been told my hair smells great on any number of occasions.  lol  )  What's also good, though (I suppose  hmm) is that my hair has been pretty much the same for so long,  I haven't changed "beyond recognition" when I run into old classmates.   hmm  roll

3. Loving Liberty profile image61
    Loving Libertyposted 13 years ago

I get a trim or hair cut every 2 months or so. I wear differnt variation of the bob haircut as I get bored with one.

4. profile image0
    rhartlandsbergposted 13 years ago

There is no "should" involved. Change your hair when you are sick of it, whether that be half way through the day or every decade or so.

Following trends are great if thats something that is fun for you but it's also nice to find something that works for you and stick with it.

Clean hair looks good no matter what, paying attention to your own hairs needs can help you know when to wash it before it get's to a point where it looks or feels unattractive.

Do what makes you feel beautiful.

1. Priyankaa Bee profile image61
      Priyankaa Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agree agree smile I have been keeping my hair straight long for 5 years and last week I just get bored of my long hair and cut into a short bob...it not only makes me looks great but feel great !

2. Lisa HW profile image61

To me, there's kind of a "should" when it comes to not waiting 3 days before washing hair.   hmm  But that's just me, I guess.   hmm

5. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

Honestly this isnt you should wash your hair at this point or this day like rhartlandsberg said, Everyone has diffirent hair textures and types of hair a person who is african ameriacan like mself cant wash my hair everyday because it gets very dry, and i have to keep it moisturized, if i were to wash my hair everyday it would get dry and brittle. I personally change my hair style every two months so i can maintain the length of my hair, trims and color my hair with a decent amount of space in between. People are allowed to do what they want with their hair at any time! But not everyone can do what you do to your own hair.

Ellarose, I know.  I was partly trying to be kind of funny.  (It was just kind of funny to me that the OP was telling people she thinks "girls" should change their hairdo every couple of days, but she says she lets her hair get smelly and itchy before she washes it.  lol   I take the "smelly and itchy" thing as something to try to head off, rather than let happen - and then wait a day after it does.  lol )  I just found "itchy and smelly" as kind of mind-boggling and couldn't resist an attempt at a little bit of a joke.  lol     

In all seriousness, I know all a lot of people don't have to wash their hair every day (and it's a problem for them if they do).

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

I have the kind of hair with a mind of its own.

I wash it daily ,then hang out my car window like a dog and air dry lol

7. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

I'm white and have to wash my hair everyday but I've certainly heard that about black people's hair, that washing it every day would ruin it. It's just that if the OP's avatar is her, it looks like the kind that would be best to wash daily. BUT, that's assuming she doesn't have dry hair and scalp I guess.

Guess its a personal thing ,hygiene etc.
      Oil and sweat ,or rather perspiration do create odor however.

So wash wink

8. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Can't do anything to my hair... no matter what I do it always looks the same. I'm not paying 100 dollars every week to have fantastic fake hair either. I have had to learn to deal with my curls and with the humidity of Florida.

I envy people who have curls , or even frizz, as their hair "issue".   Humidity makes my straight hair get droopy (and worse), and the slightest breezes turn what's always a very fragile hairdo into what I think of as "crazy spaghetti".   roll   (Maybe that's why it's so crucial to me that I don't add "itchy and smelly" to the mix.  lol  )

Noooooooo..I have thick wavy ,does whatever it wants to do hair!!

If it want to look full and bouncy ,I have to not use a comb ,only run my fingers through it..its like a hormonal teenager ,temperamental and unpredictable.

Ya wanna swap? smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)