jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Anyone here who doesn't have an FB account?

1. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Anyone here who doesn't have an FB account?

What are your reasons for not having one?

2. KrisL profile image85
    KrisLposted 5 years ago

I don't.
    1. I talk on the phone with family and old friends, so we don't need FaceBook.
    2. I catch up with professional colleagues through email & telephone.
    3. And in my hobby of haiku, I'm part of a lively Twitter community, which takes as much (or more) time for fun than I have.
    4. If I wanted to do anything more on-line it would be here with HubPages.

unknown spyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kris!! same here..

3. dmhenderson profile image61
    dmhendersonposted 5 years ago

I have a Facebook account, but the only thing I really use it for is advertising my hubs. Hypocritical of me, perhaps, but may I add a few opinions anyway?

I have some fundamental difficulties with FB because I think it redefines (and in doing so tends to cheapen) words such as "like" and "friend" (polemical note: in my world "friend" is a noun, not a verb). Also, it claims to promote communication and community, but I think the sort of communication and community it promotes are too abstract to deserve their names. When someone touches me on FB I don't really feel like I've been touched.

I guess my communities are small.

1. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am doing exactly the same thing and share your attitudes. I just need to figure out how to keep the few "friends" from posting vacation pictures on my page.

2. unknown spy profile image74

Thank you DMhenderson and Larry.. i think im a more private person, i've seen my friends posting all their pics, even with their bikinis for all our friends to see, where they are, where they go.well, i think they really love it.

4. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 5 years ago

I have one but do not use it other than for reading notifications that are sent to my inbox.  I frankly don't trust the social media sites.  I only have one because it's recommended in the freelance world.  I'm not interested in people's every movement, nor do I post my activities.  If I want you to know everytime I blow my nose, I'll send a text!

hahahah!! brave, you make me smile! thanks for the answer.. (now i know, im not weird..)

2. bravewarrior profile image92
      bravewarriorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, you're not weird, Spy.  You're selective and don't see the value.  I'm with you there, girl!

5. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Facebook has more than 800 million users and I believe every American has a facebook account.

thanks for the answer iefox5 smile

6. Esrom Art profile image65
    Esrom Artposted 5 years ago

I have Facebook, but I do not really like it. It is just to maintain friendship with colleague mate, and family. I just read notification and comment from them and just check it once in a week. thanks

Thank you Esrom smile I thought im the only one not interested in fb..i just dont know why.. im not at ease to open up myself on others, i think, that's why .

working