The Best and Worst Customer Service experience you ever had!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 15 years ago

The Best and Worst Customer Service experience you ever had!

2. Treasured Pasts profile image71
    Treasured Pastsposted 14 years ago

Worst- checking into a swanky hotel in downtown Seattle, Took half an hour to check in because the front desk person kept getting phone calls and directing their limos to different locations!!

Best- Gotta go with a small pub in Biggleswade England. My eleven year old daughter tried to order pancakes for breakfast. The chef came out and apologized because he did not know how to make American pancakes. He could, however make crepes. When my daughter said it was OK, he asked her if she knew how to make them. She said yes, so he took her to the kitchen and had her show him how.
    The next morning he brought out a beautiful plate of pancakes which mt daughter thanks him for with a big smile. After he left she leaned over to ne and whispered " Dad, I really didn't want pancakes this morning'"

3. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Worst would be a toss-up between being lied to by front desk about whether their hotel hosted the convention I planned to attend, and the time when some poor victims of an elevator malfunction called front desk for help. I was right there (trying to take care of the fact that I'd been given the wrong room) and heard with my own ears the lady tell them that she was just too busy and they'd have to wait. I had to tell this lady that her priorities were all wrong. I could wait. They couldn't, and I'd have one more important thing to complain about if she didn't call maintenance right away.

I found out later that the people in that elevator were stuck for 20 minutes. Heaven help this claustrophobe if I were among them, because I knew front desk wouldn't.

For some reason, when I travel, I get the best and most personable service at some of the cheapest hotels.

4. buckey777 profile image76
    buckey777posted 14 years ago

Funny I find this question today because I made a hub about some bad experience today. The link for my worst Customer service is here http://hubpages.com/hub/Valentine-Kebar … ction-scam it isnt tailored around this question but you will get the idea why.

The best customer service is usually when I go anywhere local. It just seems we carry a sticker on our forehead that lets people know these people are local or from somewhere else. If your local treat em well, if there not from here chances are we won't see em again.

5. Diamondstar profile image54
    Diamondstarposted 14 years ago

I think the best customer service I have ever received was at the Alexander Hotel in South Beach,Miami. These make you feel very welcome, & bend over backwards to insure that all of your needs are met. Very warm & friendly people.

I believe the worst customer service was at (name omitted), a popular steakhouse chain. I ordered prime rib, & it came out really bad. It was border line, rotten. I sent it back to the kitchen & they told me it was a new cut, all they did was put au jus on it. I couldn't believe it.

6. profile image0
    mariyammaposted 14 years ago

Worst Customer Service is given by mobile companies and Best service is given at Hotels

7. mikicagle profile image82
    mikicagleposted 13 years ago

I am a teacher and went into a local Walgreens last year before school started because they had pencils advertised for 8 cents per 12 pack. My students always run out of pencils and very few of their parents restock them so I planned to buy 20 packages to have on hand later in the year. I took them to the register and the lady behind the counter informed me that there was a limit of 10 packs per customer. I seperated out 10 packages and asked the woman if she would mind if I left the others on the counter so my husband could come in and purchase them for me. She became extremely nasty and said, "I don't know why we bother to set limits on things-people like YOU never follow the rules!"  I had never seen this woman before and was completely shocked by what she said. I had already paid for the first 10 packages and politely asked her for my money back-then told her that she could take her pencils and shove them somewhere I won't repeat.

I went home and contacted both the manager of the store and Walgreen's corporate office. Within a week I had a CASE of pencils as well as a gift card for $25.

8. profile image51
    John Cameronposted 10 years ago

iUniverse is a company that is supposed to help people self publish their books.

They have a legion of people who's jobs are not to help you but to get more money from you.

John Cameron
    http://www.rock-solid-business-coach.com/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)