jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where is your favourite place to write ?Do you move around or stay in one spot ?

1. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Where is your favourite place to write ?Do you move around or stay in one spot ?

As we are traveling I write looking at a lake like right now or the beach etc .Do you have one special spot or do you take a laptop out for some inspiration elsewhere ?

2. amymarie_5 profile image85
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

It's hard to say.  If something comes to me, I just write.  I could be on the couch or in front of the computer.  Sometimes at work I have to stop what I'm doing because I get that urge to write.  It's weird but I'm always afraid I will lose the thought or idea.  I get depressed a lot and it seems like I'm much more creative and inspired when depression hits.  I guess it's true what they say about tortured artists.  lol

3. Brett.Tesol profile image50
    Brett.Tesolposted 6 years ago

I tend to write at home, as I like to have some music or watch TV while I work.

However, sometimes in the summer, I enjoy taking the laptop out for a little trip to the beach (shown in my profile) ... this is definitely a better place to write and an activity I need to indulge in more often.

4. lex123 profile image67
    lex123posted 6 years ago

If I am at home I prefer to write early morning in a calm atmosphere. When I am away on a travel, I jot down the points which I am interested, and back at home I check them once again, to make sure I haven't left anything important.  Later on, I will write it at home, if possible in the early morning, or sometimes later, when I am completely free, checking at the points which I have noted down. If I am writing them after months, I will also look at the photos to get the better description and idea.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

Sitting right in front of my PC on a nice, pleasantly warm morning.   A good word processor is a real gift.   When I first started writing it was long-hand with pen and paper then, later, the old-fashioned typewriter.

In the old days, if you wanted to write a manuscript you did a First Draft, all double spaced to write in your corrections.  Then you re-typed it a second time.  Once again, double spaced.   You might run to three or four drafts before you were happy with it.  That, of course, meant typing the whole thing from go to whoa right through several times.

With a Word Processor it's a 'piece of cake.;

6. Fullstopindia profile image57
    Fullstopindiaposted 6 years ago

Writing on our dining room table is my favorite spot. It's surrounded by windows looking out into the wooded land full of passing deer, chirping birds and squirrels playing. I rarely move from this table when writing.