jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the furthest or most different place you've travelled from your home?

1. nmdonders profile image82
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What is the furthest or most different place you've travelled from your home?

What was it like there and how was your experience? Thanks in advance!

2. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Furthest would be Australia and New Zealand.  Australia and New Zealand were great places, friendly people and a lot like the US 30 years ago.  Only saw Auckland and some of the surrounding area.  In Australia we were in Sydney.  Great metropolitan city.  They Sydney Opera House is acoustically unbelievable.  The best part was a few days in the Blue Mountains outside Sydney.  The eucalyptus trees give it a blue hue.  A large canyon like the Grand Canyon, it is a World Heritage Area. The picture is of the Three Sisters at Sunset (By JJ Harrison (jjharrison89@facebook.com) (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0
    (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons).
    Most different would be rural Mexico (you can check out my Hub on this) and Saudi Arabia (Gulf War).  I don't spend a lot of time in the US desert southwest but in some ways Saudi was similar.  What made it different was how they treat women and suppress other religions. 
    Distant and unusual places I would like to go include Uruguay, Peru, Galapagos Islands, Easter Island, Canary Islands, and Tanzania.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My home is in Texas and the furthest I've been is Romania. It was one of my favorite and most influencial trips taken so far. The culture was quite different, the cities vastly so. Still, I wish I could go back. However, France and Germany were better from my view. More culture, architecture, interests, etc.

4. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

The furthest i have been is to New Zealand (from Ireland) where i lived for over a year, loving each and every moment! The most different place was living in a remote Turkish village in northwest Turkey. AN INCREDIBLE experience.

5. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Dubai.. for a seminar...money everywhere..was quite an experience....enjoyed many other countries alot better...due to less social restrictions..