What is the most beautiful place you have travelled to?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Adamowen profile image67
    Adamowenposted 11 years ago

What is the most beautiful place you have travelled to?

2. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image60
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 11 years ago

St Lucia in the Caribbean. The sceneries are breathtaking and the tranquility is worth the distance. The beaches are clean and the people are welcoming.
    Iwent Island hoping to Martinique Dominica and Guadaloupe and later visted Barbados but St Lucia is it for me. See my hub -Travelling the World is Your Oyster-Budget on a Shoestring

3. M K Paul profile image72
    M K Paulposted 11 years ago

It was mauritius..Such a beautiful place.I'd visited the place at my honeymoon time

4. ercramer36 profile image91
    ercramer36posted 11 years ago

Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.  The mountains are beyond description!

1. ithabise profile image73
      ithabiseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have always wanted to visit Grand Teton. The pictures blow my mind!

2. StandingJaguar profile image67
      StandingJaguarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hear, hear! The mountains look amazing from a distance, across the valley, but they also are quite beautiful if you venture into them.

5. Iamsam profile image60
    Iamsamposted 11 years ago

Kerala In south India is the one of the most beautiful place in India.

6. travelschooling profile image68
    travelschoolingposted 11 years ago

I'm struggling to come up with an answer to this one, beauty can be seen in so many different ways. Jaw droppingly beautiful places I have been include the Inca Trail, the snowy Himalayas, my current home, Port Douglas, Australia, Maldives, the view from the Trans Siberian Express and the incredible life, colour and history of Varanasi .Sorry, I can't answer, you just can't compare places that are beautiful in so many different ways.

7. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

Karijini in Western Australia, one of the most ancient places on Earth, you enter a different world, surrounded by rocks formed at the beginning of planet Earth's time. The most interesting part is that you are lost in a desert and you don't know that this magical place is just under your feet, hidden from civilization and tourist agencies...fortunatelly it is foo far away from everywhere. You swim in its crystal clear water, a majestic waterfall falling just above your head, lush green vegetation growing on the bright red rocks and there is no one to spoil it...not today and not for hundred years to come....

8. Cindy Riley profile image59
    Cindy Rileyposted 11 years ago

The most beautiful place I have been was the Big Red Wood Forest in Northern California.

This place was beyond what I had imagined it was going to be. The trees were so tall, you just  got lost in them. You could look up towards the sky through a the cluster of trees only to wonder if it was still day or becoming night in this forest.

That's how amazing this place was. The tree trucks were so wide a car could drive right through them. One had been carved out so you could drive right through it.. Just amazing.

9. X-Con profile image67
    X-Conposted 11 years ago

Krakow, Poland. There are just so many beautiful castles and buildings to see there!

1. Conservative Lady profile image70
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My sister in law and her mother are there right now - the pictures they have sent are amazing!

10. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

The most beautiful place I have travelled to is the Republic of Ireland. The whole Ireland is beautiful with its amazing green landscapes and cliffs. All so green and friendly people as well. I have written some of these awesome places. Have a look.

11. KawikaChann profile image83
    KawikaChannposted 11 years ago

The beaches in Destin, FL. The sand is like silica sand, and bleached white from the salt and sun.  Just beautiful.

1. Cindy Riley profile image59
      Cindy Rileyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have never been to FL. but I heard it is very beautiful with the white sandy beaches.

12. dorado profile image61
    doradoposted 11 years ago

Northern Arizona and northern California.  When I came west I had no idea about the ancient, volcanic activity that created the Arizona landscape.  There are meadows, mountains and forested areas along the road, and at night in the desert, you can see all the stars.  Northern California, in the Sierra, where the scent of the trees is thick as perfume and the sense of warmth you get by being a part of that landscape in summer is wonderful.

1. Cindy Riley profile image59
      Cindy Rileyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you on this.  I love Northern Arizona. I think it is the must beautiful setting and having a chance to glaze out at all the stars. I love sense of warmth you get. I know what you are talking about.

13. hockey8mn profile image68
    hockey8mnposted 11 years ago

I would probably have to say Machu Picchu.  Got up early as hell to climb the many stairs to the top.  It was raining, somewhat cold, and the constant tour buses passing us as they easily climbed the winding road got annoying quick.  None the less, we trucked on until we reached the top, at which point, everyone that was on the buses started clapping for us (made us feel a lot better).  The site was covered in a dense fog.  Even then, the area was beautiful and when the clouds lifted, it was even more so.

1. travelschooling profile image68
      travelschoolingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

agreed, my husband asked me to marry him at Machu Pichu at the end of the trek.

2. ithabise profile image73

Travelschooling, that is so cool! You will always have a two-fold love for Machu Picchu!

3. hockey8mn profile image68
      hockey8mnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to go on the trek but my limited time there did not allow it.  I am very jealous.  Sounds like an incredible story.

14. Aikonia profile image80
    Aikoniaposted 11 years ago

Lauterbrunnen in the Summer time and Turks & Caicos in the Winter time!

15. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

Hania, Crete, Greece. This was a fascinating island with a long history and awesome beaches.

16. ithabise profile image73
    ithabiseposted 11 years ago

Japan. The land itself is a drama of forested mountains, countryside, and sea. I also had the privilege of living at the foot of Fuji, a feast for the eyes each day I opened the door and something beyond words to describe. The people love and appreciate their land; they have much to adore.

17. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 11 years ago

Wales -England.I liked its castles, old buildings and friendly people .

ahem...Wales is not in England, it's part of Britain or the United Kingdom. Wales and England are separate countries. But thanks so much for liking my homeland, it is beautiful, you are right.

2. Mahmo profile image60
      Mahmoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, you are right I mean the United Kingdom

3. travelschooling profile image68

We are touchy about that Mahmo! 
      Very firey, the Welsh : )

4. Mahmo profile image60

Thank you, I felt that during my visit even in the road and institutions' signboards which write instructions in both English and Welsh !

5. beadreamer247 profile image62
      beadreamer247posted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL....common mistake people make over and over again. They don't understand the difference between UK and England and far less the sensitivity with Wales....

6. Mahmo profile image60

In many other countries it is strange or even a joke if you say Wales and England are separate countries .May be it is useful if somebody writes a hub on this issue to clarify it.

18. moonfairy profile image74
    moonfairyposted 11 years ago

the small island of bequai, in the west indies. very beautiful place.

19. kyork profile image60
    kyorkposted 11 years ago

The most beautiful place I have ever traveled to was Florence, Italy. The old buildings against the rolling green mountains was breathtaking, especially perched atop Giotto's Bell Tower. Worn cobblestones underfoot, clear blue skies, a melting cone of gelato in one hand and the smile of an awestruck child perpetually on my face, yes, this is the place to be.

Love the way you describe this. This is how I felt while in France for the first time.

20. StandingJaguar profile image67
    StandingJaguarposted 11 years ago

What a great question! I won't claim that it is the MOST beautiful place in the world, but Santa Fe, New Mexico is quite beautiful. The city sits in a lovely desert valley right next to the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, which are splendid for their ever-changing colors, rather than shear size. The deserts in northern New Mexico are surprisingly colorful, and the sky plays a big part in this. The sunsets are regularly spectacular, and they turn the quartz-filled mountains pink and purple!

21. beadreamer247 profile image62
    beadreamer247posted 11 years ago

Wales, UK. I will never forget my train ride along the north coast to Bangor! I will never forget Snowdonia. I will never forget the people there, so friendly. And I know I will be back there.

I have to say thank you, I'm Welsh!

2. beadreamer247 profile image62
      beadreamer247posted 11 years agoin reply to this

travelschooling, .....I am wondering....and you don't miss Wales????

22. flim profile image68
    flimposted 11 years ago

To me, the most beautiful place I have travelled is to the world of underwater! I have learnt diving for slightly over a year and after obtaining my PADI advance diver license, I went to Sipadan Island in Sabah Malaysia!

It is the most beautiful underwater world I have seen. Sipadan is one of the most famous top notch diving heaven! And it lives up to its name. I witness turtles gently swim out of its cave just 2metres in front of me. I saw the most beautiful Orang-Utan Crab standing in its Bubble Coral house! Can you believe it - coral that bounces like a bubble? Then came the tornado of baracudas! Just can't imagine how they form and travel in such a tornado formation. Our dive master said that the baraccuda performs their tornado formation only when they are in the mood i.e. when divers are luck. Perhaps, we were quite lucky then. The stern looking silvery baraccuda swiftly glide past at around 10meter distance. They then form the tornado and slowly travel into the deep blue sea further and further away from us.

It is amazing how the real aquarium underwater is so fascinating!

Thanks for your question and i got a chance to share and reminisce my happy diving memory in Sipadan!

I'm a diver too, I should have thought of that, you are absolutely right! voted up

2. flim profile image68
      flimposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great to know you are diver too! And thanks for voting it up! smile

3. ithabise profile image73

Wow! This is awesome. Makes me want to dive.

4. flim profile image68
      flimposted 11 years agoin reply to this

it's really a wonderful world under the sea!  If you can find a chance, try diving! smile

23. KathyH profile image89
    KathyHposted 11 years ago

Two of the Hawaiian Islands, Maui and the Big Island. They are amazingly beautiful places with spectacular scenery and sunsets that defy description! smile I'd go back in a heartbeat! smile

24. satpin profile image59
    satpinposted 11 years ago

i have not visited any nice place to see few weak ago i have visited amarkantak   i think that was nice place i ever gone............

25. Simon Lam profile image91
    Simon Lamposted 11 years ago

I've only traveled to a few cities in the US and Canada, but the most beautiful place I've ever been to his Vancouver BC.  This place has pretty Pacific Ocean beaches, and is surrounded by beautiful mountains.  It also has a handsome skyline, with good-looking skyscrapers and condos.

I've been wanting to see BC for a long time and its natural beauty. The Winter Olympics at Whistler piqued my interest again. Looks like Vancouver is a jewel of a town and very cosmopolitan. Nice answer!

26. Tatia Thompson profile image58
    Tatia Thompsonposted 11 years ago

The most beautiful places are still waiting for me. My favorite country is Germany and the most stunning scenery I have seen so far is also in Germany. We got lost while driving back from Neuschwannstein Castle and ended up in the mountains of Bavaria - it seemed as if we were in some different world. The beauty of the mountains, the fairy-tale houses peeking through the trees here and there, light clouds of fog (or real clouds?) on top of the roofs... Hard to describe what you can only feel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)