jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How many hubbers out there have stopped at the tourist trap South of the boarder

1. TheHoleStory profile image78
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

How many hubbers out there have stopped at the tourist trap South of the boarder?

There are literally too many signs to count advertising South of the boarder while traveling to and from South Carolina beaches. 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8535342_f260.jpg

2. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 4 years ago

Actually, there seems to half the signs, at least heading South, as there used to be 20 years ago when I first ran into it.  South of the Border as at least double in size since then.  I sort of liked it.

1. Ericdierker profile image52
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I forgot you folks east of the Rockies and Pecos still call the boundaries between states - "borders". Fair enough. But the desert don't change much between Arizona and New Mexico.

2. My Esoteric profile image91
      My Esotericposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Grammar correction; "seems to half" should read "seems to be half and "as at least double" is actually "has at least doubled",

3. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

First time, I see  this advertising. I like it. It is good  art.

4. juneaukid profile image78
    juneaukidposted 4 years ago

Yes, back in the early 1960's Still remember "Pedro see red if you go russian by."

5. Christene profile image70
    Christeneposted 4 years ago

My family used to go every-other year on our way to Disney World in the 80s and early 90s. smile  I think my last time there was 1992.

6. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

I have been there a few times, to get gas, take a break on driving, or walk around with my family just to see what was there.  My family and I have been going to Savannah, GA; Orlando, FL; and Hiltonhead, SC for years, so I think it is ok to have stopped by their at least once, so I can can truly say " I came, I saw, I conquered."

working