Why do you love solo Travel?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (33 posts)
  1. twobmad profile image61
    twobmadposted 13 years ago

What are the reasons that make you travel alone?

1. eldhie profile image60
      eldhieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i just want to be alone...
      i want to prove to myself that i can do all by myself...

its so cool...havin' soLo travel..

1. profile image52
        Byrronposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes i like solo traveling, many times i had gone and enjoyed there, its very lovely movement for me.
        http://maryshakun.com/blog/2011/01/24/h … plement-is

2. hi5handy profile image38
      hi5handyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool

3. profile image0
      HostelHopperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I travel alone to free myself from me. It's a great way to break out of my shell. It forces me to open up. Plus, I can see the things I want to see and do what I want to do. I'm on my own time table.

4. profile image0
      SapphireGreenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you have a sense of freedom independence. you want to eat breakfast at night then you do it. you dont have to consult with someone else and compromise. i do it sometimes even though i havent traveled far hmm

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

you can do anything you want, you can live anywhere you want. Last time I traveled alone I passed all my nights in sea beach to save the money of hotel bills and spent those in shopping traditional handicrafts.

twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow  thats cool.. nice tips of saving money..

3. John Redfern profile image61
    John Redfernposted 13 years ago

Solo travels biggest advantage is it forces you to meet more people its easy to get insular if you travel in a group or couple but after a couple of days of not speaking you soon lose your inhabitions met 10 x more people by being on my own than with a group, also you can set your own agenda. Want a lazy day by the beach or a trip to a museum its entirely up to you.

Thats right.. there is more freedom to chose and even in making decision.. it is all up to us.. isn't it?.. thank you for the kind and insightful respond

4. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

The freedom. You can while away your time, thinking of no other but yourself. Strike up conversation - or not. Retire early, or stay out late. Eat what you want, where you want. It's cheaper, in some ways more relaxing.

I love both singular travel and travelling with someone, both have their attractions. That said - I'd still travel alone again if I got the chance. I just love the peace smile

Very cool comment... frogdropping.. I could sense that you have made a lot of trips... Good luck..

5. Jeff Berndt profile image70
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Solo travel is great. Skywalker travel has its advantages, too, but the Millennium Falcon is the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, and not many people know this, but Chewie is a great cook.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its a fast ship???..............................................

You are right.. I am supposed to ask the same question. I am from Burma so I have been cut off from the world.

6. sydney12770 profile image54
    sydney12770posted 13 years ago

why do you love  solo travel?

I myself love solo travel because from the start to the end of the trip.. I got the trigger.. everything is owned by me.smile

7. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 13 years ago

I like to travel solo because I can wake up anytime I want, eat what I want and go where I want without having to stand around with others trying to figure out what to do and wasting time.

8. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Solo travel is an enriching experience and I love the freedom of it.  One of the main considerations is that I can do what I want to when I want to which is a wonderful feeling.

I also believe that I meet more people when traveling solo and I've had some amazing encounters.

Traveling in tandem is also great too.  I like traveling both ways   but for now its solo all the way. smile

1. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love solo travel as well. It reminds me of this quote:

"Travel is the most private of pleasures. There is no greater bore than the travel bore. We do not in the least want to hear what he has seen in Hong-Kong"

You're just traveling and exploring. The world is yours and so are all your experiences. It is not easy to find someone who wishes to travel exactly like you and when you travel solo, you can do whatever you want.

9. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

I am one of those few people who enjoy their own company.  When I travel on my own Just like Saleheens I do what ever I want, and I also make new freinds, its also good time for me to get creative

10. rhensley11 profile image61
    rhensley11posted 13 years ago

I love traveling.  There is definitely a difference in my experience when traveling alone.  I love to learn about the culture of the place that I am traveling to, locals are more likely to come up and talk to a person if alone.  I feel like I get to embed myself in the new culture for a week or two weeks.  I have always had great experiences with this.  In Scotland, I ended up going out with a group for Hogmaney, New Year's Eve in a small town where I was staying.  The memories are priceless and I will never forget the people.  Good luck deciding if going alone is the right choice for you!

11. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 13 years ago

I love solo travel because I love me,like spending time with me,and doing things to make me happy.Doing what I want when I want on no one's schedule but mine.

Traveling solo I have met many interesting people,but I do enjoy traveling with my son.

I like adventure swimming with stingrays,dolphins,rafting trips and ziplines also.I do these when I travel with my 12 yr old and also when I travel solo.

12. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Travelling alone I constantly meet new interesting people, travelling with 'her' I get to carry the bags big_smile

Hahhaha.. How many bags has she got to carry? lols

13. webtoys profile image60
    webtoysposted 13 years ago

I don't have to argue about the destination, what I should ride, how many days I have to be back and many things. In other words, its call freedom

14. nextstopjupiter profile image59
    nextstopjupiterposted 13 years ago

I use to travel by hitchhiking, and it is much easier to get a lift when you travel alone. It is also easier to meet interesting people when you are alone.

15. Jangaplanet profile image60
    Jangaplanetposted 13 years ago

I always travel alone. The only bad part about it is that i need to pay an extra fee because single travel is hard to find.Why can't some hotels have single rooms!!Why do i always have to pay for doubles!

16. profile image0
    fordieposted 13 years ago

It's like meditation. Lots of time to think about things deeply and to clear the air inside

17. inkanet profile image60
    inkanetposted 13 years ago

Traveling alone means total freedom. It is kind of chalenge when you do it for the first time. After all you don't know how it will turn out. For me it was the best decision I made.

Since my first solo trip I had to go out there to the world every year. The only problem was time as I couldn't miss my job more than 3 weeks.

18. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Get a small trailer, a good pickup, a pocket fulla cash and spend yer life just knocking around.
    I've been doing it for years...alone!
    A smile and a hello will help ya make acquaintances fast.
    I love it when I'm trailer trash mixing with trailer trash.
    Some of my "trailer trash' friends are doing it with million dollar coaches and trailers.
    I'm retired and spend 6 months here and 6 months there.
    Follow the weather and life is grand!  smile:
    Qwark

19. dianne143 profile image39
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

Yeah its nice to travel solo because you can have time for your self to think to enjoy and to discover and know more about your self.

20. SmittenWithTravel profile image60
    SmittenWithTravelposted 13 years ago

I love solo travel because it forces me to be "social" and make new friends.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)