I'm baaaaaccck

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (38 posts)
  1. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

For those of you who don't know, Christmas season is my busiest time for work. Now that the 12+ hour workdays are coming to an end, I'll be swinging back into action here at hubpages.

Did ya miss me?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course we did smile

2. Dottie1 profile image61
      Dottie1posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe you had to ask! 
      Diddo Uninvited "Of Course We Did"
      Welcome Back smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back WC. The creationists lately are pathetic big_smile

1. gamergirl profile image85
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Them and the "obama is the antichrist" folks both.  Ugh.

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So glad to see you're back. Missed you're snappy come backs. Unfortunately there are quite a few of the regs gone MIA. I guess life is busy for everyone. How is baby? In college yet?

Seasons greetings to you and the family.
      kindest regards Zsuzsy

5. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

YES I missed you!! Welcome back!

6. robie2 profile image78
      robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

{{{{{Wedding Consultant}}}}}}  Good to see you--haven't been around much myself the last few months. Looking forward to the results of your writing frenzy and hoping for some updated baby pix on hubpages in the near future.  I'll be keeping an eye out for you smile

2. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Well thank you! It's so nice to be back. I have like a million hubs to catch up that you all have written since I've been "gone"...

So nice to see that most everyone is still here and active even though several months have passed. It's a testament to how welcoming Hubpages is.

1. rockinjoe profile image88
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Who the hell are you?

(just kidding, nice to have you back:)

3. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Oh Joe, you know I missed ya smile

4. WeddingConsultant profile image65

I see you're back from a sabbatical too, nice to see you around.

1. rockinjoe profile image88
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, we both ended up coming back around the same time. Let's get back to writing some great hubs. Always good to have an old friend around.smile

5. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

WC!!!

Happy Holidays!

6. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Merry New Year right back at ya! So I totally missed the backstory (if there is one) on your avatar change and is it at all related to the other "angel" avatars the dynamic duo are sporting?

edit: and holy smokes- when did you get 2000+ posts!??

7. gamergirl profile image85

When I started arguing religion months and months ago with the world's second worst poet.. LOL

You've been MIA a while!

How's the baby?

8. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Baby's great- grown a ton since the profile picture was taken.

Yes, how is the poet doing? Is he still active here? Haven't seen him around but I haven't been spending *too* much time looking...

I was MIA because I was a POW to work. No longer AFK, I'm here to stay.

Okay don't nominate me for 3rd worst poet...

Sorry, I just had to say it.

9. gamergirl profile image85

HAHA!

It's really nice to have an old voice back 'round.  While you were gone I got about 90,000 page views, nearly two Google payments and a lot of laughs.  Lots of 'em.

So Misha and Mark have new avatars made by.. uhh.. dunno who, but ripplemaker posted a hub about Angels on Hubpages and I used it to replace my halloween picture (which you can see on my facebook profile if you've added me there.)

WHEW.  That was kinda twisty and mega web2.0filled.

10. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Yes! I saw your facebook picture and thought, "Only Charlotte could pull that off!"

So you've got the devil AND angel thing going on. Nice!

90,000 views and two payouts? Wow, you have to be thinking about retirement these days...! That's awesome! In the time I was away I think I earned a little over $5, but that's no where near your income. Way to go!

11. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Welcome Back big_smile

WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks weblog. New avatar I see?

1. weblog profile image58
        weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're right smile

I just can't keep up smile

12. t.keeley profile image77
    t.keeleyposted 15 years ago

Missed you. Thought maybe you just up and vanished entirely... O.o

13. gamergirl profile image85

LOL If I make enough from Hubpages to retire off of, I'll buy your entire family some socks.

Seriously though, just meant to impress on you how much you've missed by bragging.. wink

How much would you charge me for some long-distance assistance? Gettin' married on the 25th of May!

14. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Hi Keeley!

Charlotte, for you it's free of course wink

I'm in a writing frenzy now that I'm back, and it's all about weddings ya know! haha I thought it was about time I write about something I know a little about rather than hobbies and randomness.

15. gamergirl profile image85

I'm so making a request of ya, WC!

That was quick! I'll have to get right on that.

16. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

Welcome Back WC. big_smile

Thanks Sir Dent! Looks like you've been a little busy in the mean time. Good for you!

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Welcome back WC! smile

18. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Hi Pete, it's nice to have you back! big_smile

19. amy jane profile image72
    amy janeposted 15 years ago

Welcome back Pete!  I'm just easing myself back into hubbing too. (All the new avatars are very confusing)
    Can't wait to hear about how fatherhood is going! smile

20. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Thank you all, it's nice to be back.

Misha/Mark- what's with the crazy new avatars? Some kinda spaghetti monster sainthood?

Amy, I'm glad you're here as well! Fatherhood is going great...absolutely loving it.

Hi Ripple!

Charlotte, you mean he's not? haha

Zsuzsy, I guess I should be saving for her wedding and college about now, huh?

Dorsi, thanks for your welcoming back. I have been keeping up with videos a little in my stead and I always see your picture/profile on lots of the video sites, so I never felt like I lost touch with you because of it! haha

21. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 15 years ago

It´s great to have you back Pete. I have also been spending less time here at Hubpages due to my work but I´m afraid this is not the worst time for me because as soon as Spring arrives here at Portugal I´ll have much more work roll.

Have you started writing a new hub yet? I can´t wait to read another baby journal wink.

Happy Holidays!

Hey Fun, I have written two hubs since being back (both on wedding-related topics). There will be more to come...

I still have a final baby journal hub pending, but an wondering whether or not I should publish it since it's so old and incomplete! We'll see.

And when you say you have "work" to do in the Spring, don't you really just mean "mountain biking"?

22. gamergirl profile image85

WC!!

Are you working on my request? Do I need to get out the bullwhip and put you on the oars?

LOL

-much love and hugs sent your way-

23. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Thank you robie, I've missed being here and interacting with old friends.

Charlotte, I haven't forgotten. In fact I'm almost done with it, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times and I'm feeling the perfectionism monkey on my back for this one! Soon enough, I assure you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)