jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Wish I Could Un-Publish All Hubs Not Featured

1. ALL4JESUS profile image84
    ALL4JESUSposted 2 years ago

I enjoy the new feature that helps me as an author to know what hubs need to be upgraded but I have so many that need attention, I wish I could hit one button to un-publish the ones that are not featured. I know this sounds drastic but I only wish to show great content and now that I know for sure, I really would like to clean up my act - simply and quickly.

I am not trying to be lazy but I am trying to bring my content up to the quality that HubPages desires but my time is so limited. I hope you understand I do seek quality but my time is spread so thin.

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think it's a good idea to have to unpublish them one at a time - at least in my case. If we could do them all at one time, I'd probably accidentally hit the button and it would be even more work to get the ones back up that I didn't want to get rid of.

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I usually wait for HubPages to unfeature a hub of mine, then I unpublish it at that time.  Once that is done I pop over to Google Webmaster Tools and delete the hub url from search and cache.  Usually Google will take care of that in 24 hours or so.  Then I am free to republish on my blog without it appearing as duplicate material in the eyes of Google.  New life to an article HubPages has deemed was not worthy. smile 

I get more views on my blog with the material than I ever did here, lol. 

Now I am unpublishing one a week and doing the above without waiting for HP to unfeature it.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

Please, Please, Please spend  time rewriting and editing, before you unpublish. 
    The nasty black broken link appeared on yet another hub.  It is my pleasure to link to other writers and it is upsetting when a hub which, could be cleaned up easily, is unpublished. 
    Simple steps to have HP re-feature your hubs include.  1. Reading through for obvious typos.  Have a sense of humor, sometimes these errors are hilarious  2. Remove every other THAT.  There are even programs on the web for finding excessive use of "that".  3. Write some more.
    Need help with editing?  Our fellow writer, BillyBuck, is an awesome teacher who has written hubs to help.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Just because a hub is not featured it does not mean that it is of low quality - unless it is unfeatured due to "quality" in which case you need to do a bit of work!!!!! Most get unfeatured due to lack of engagement which means that no one is searching for the content of your work or it is in an area that has too much competition..

However if it is not featured and your profile only shows featured hubs then no one can see them or find them unless they link to them directly... So they are as good as deleted anyway!

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree that they are not low quality in my case.  I refuse to tweak something that in the past was just fine here for views and such because of whims on the site.  HP unfeatures my material, they loose it.  Simple business plan in motion.  If HP does not appreciate my posts, then other places will.  I am not an amateur in any sense in online publishing and writing.  I came here offering 100 percent and it was good enough for a year, then followed by a whacking.

The ONLY reason I am here tonight is to delete a hub that I unpublished, had the URL removed from search and cache results on Google and posted it on my blog.

Overall, I am sadly disappointed with how HP has turned out.

1. shampa sadhya profile image87
        shampa sadhyaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your viewpoint.