jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

RESOLVED: Stats not updated for 35 hours

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

It happens every week and when we post it in the forums we get attitude from some staff members. Why does this keep happening? I really don't understand it. If the program which controls the stats is broken then get it fixed.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think making payday for everyone had something to do with it. That's got to put a mega drain on the server. Given the choice, I'd rather have the money than the stats.  Maybe when HP is doing better financially the server capacity will be improved because I miss the stats, too, and I really stall when they stall.

2. William15 profile image86
    William15posted 2 years ago

Haha, it teaches me that I probably check my stats way too much. smile just because it hasn't updated doesn't change anything in the long run.

Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't, but I monitor my stats per hub. That way I know which hubs to banish and which to improve. It also helps me to create niches of what works. Checking my stats isn't just about boosting my ego but is more about strategizing.

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Good morning, Cardisa. I'm beginning to think it's not broken, no glitch, and nothing to be fixed. I suspect that staff closes the office at certain times of the week (Th, F, Sat, Sun, Mon) for what ever reason, where there's no coverage to monitor the "machine." So the "switch" is turned off temporarily. I just wish that if this is the case, tell us. We can expect it and prepare for it.
    (HP staff, if it is indeed a glitch, pardon my conspiracy theory smile. Enjoy your weekend.)

Why would staff have a system like that with so many hubbers to monitor? Would it not be in everyone's best interest to have the thing update naturally while pending and then certify the earnings when staff is in office?

I have no idea which hubs did what yesterday and that is disconcerting to me. I need to see my daily traffic on each hub.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Use Analytics.  You'll get real-time stats and better/deeper info. 

From http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubpages-stats

we recommend referring to Google Analytics, which provides far more functionality and responsiveness (the Statistics page on HubPages is more of a quick reference point, providing easy access to Hubs, important notices, and basic stats).

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Even on HP, daily does not mean daily.  A more effective way of monitoring stats in regard to what's working and what's not is over quarterly periods. 
        I guess I don't see why it bothers you so much.  GA can be checked daily and more accurately.

4. David Trujillo profile image88
    David Trujilloposted 2 years ago

I have also noticed my traffic remians the same as from yesterday.

Then again, I have never understood how to exactly know how much daily traffic a hub gets. Hubpages has a strange hour range to measure this

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Stats are back.

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Analytics never went away. Superior data on each and every page that never goes down...

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 2 years ago

I use Analytics for in-depths analysis when I have the time or can be bothered, but truly Hub Stats does the job for the most part.
    I'm with Cardisa on this. If they can't be bothered posting them in a timely manner, they might as well do away with them and force us all to use Analytics, whether we like it or not.
    For people like me who keep spreadsheets, Hub Stats is good enough. they may be rolling but if you take a note of the reading at the same time every day, it is pretty accurate.
    They used to only stop working when a site update was being rolled out. Now it seems they don't work on weekends or during holidays, or sometimes fail totally randomly.
    I don't need those stats for anything much except to look back on from month to month or year to year.
    There will come a time when I choose to use Analytics instead of Hub stats, but that seems a shame when they used to work well enough.

I don't know why people keep telling me to use analytics. I prefer t use the HP stats because I can see my daily traffic per hub, while I can sort them and I can easily go back and forth on hubs and do my thing. For what I am doing HP works better for me.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Carolee, Hi there, long time since we spoke last.

I understand your frustration to want to quickly assess using the Hub Stats as a fast reference point to making decisions on what to do with your under/not performing hubs. When things don't work the way they are meant too, yes its a pain in the rear.

Others are suggesting Analytics simply as it is a extremely useful tool for making informed choices on which hubs are working well and which are not.

If I see a few hubs performing well, I use analytics to determine if views (which is the only number you see on HP) are coming from a general area or from some IP specific address.

I can then delve deeper into Google to see if I can enhance my hubs (due to traffic coming from key words, specific countries, time of day when people are online, etc)

2. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can see your daily traffic per hub on analytics with a lot of other stuff besides, most especially you get trustworthy read times (HP read times are hard to load and hopelessly inaccurate).

If you ever learn to use the service I guarantee that you will not bother much with HP stats except perhaps for social media stuff.

6. WuckingFurries profile image83
    WuckingFurriesposted 2 years ago

Hi Will, where do you find 'analytics'?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

On your earnings page, after you sign up for it. It is just below the AdSense.
      Go to: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics for instructions to sign up.

Closed to reply