RESOLVED: Stats not updated for 35 hours

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

It happens every week and when we post it in the forums we get attitude from some staff members. Why does this keep happening? I really don't understand it. If the program which controls the stats is broken then get it fixed.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think making payday for everyone had something to do with it. That's got to put a mega drain on the server. Given the choice, I'd rather have the money than the stats.  Maybe when HP is doing better financially the server capacity will be improved because I miss the stats, too, and I really stall when they stall.

2. William15 profile image86
    William15posted 10 years ago

Haha, it teaches me that I probably check my stats way too much. smile just because it hasn't updated doesn't change anything in the long run.

Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't, but I monitor my stats per hub. That way I know which hubs to banish and which to improve. It also helps me to create niches of what works. Checking my stats isn't just about boosting my ego but is more about strategizing.

3. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Good morning, Cardisa. I'm beginning to think it's not broken, no glitch, and nothing to be fixed. I suspect that staff closes the office at certain times of the week (Th, F, Sat, Sun, Mon) for what ever reason, where there's no coverage to monitor the "machine." So the "switch" is turned off temporarily. I just wish that if this is the case, tell us. We can expect it and prepare for it.
    (HP staff, if it is indeed a glitch, pardon my conspiracy theory smile. Enjoy your weekend.)

Why would staff have a system like that with so many hubbers to monitor? Would it not be in everyone's best interest to have the thing update naturally while pending and then certify the earnings when staff is in office?

I have no idea which hubs did what yesterday and that is disconcerting to me. I need to see my daily traffic on each hub.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Use Analytics.  You'll get real-time stats and better/deeper info. 

From http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubpages-stats

we recommend referring to Google Analytics, which provides far more functionality and responsiveness (the Statistics page on HubPages is more of a quick reference point, providing easy access to Hubs, important notices, and basic stats).

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Even on HP, daily does not mean daily.  A more effective way of monitoring stats in regard to what's working and what's not is over quarterly periods. 
        I guess I don't see why it bothers you so much.  GA can be checked daily and more accurately.

4. David Trujillo profile image52
    David Trujilloposted 10 years ago

I have also noticed my traffic remians the same as from yesterday.

Then again, I have never understood how to exactly know how much daily traffic a hub gets. Hubpages has a strange hour range to measure this

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Stats are back.

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Analytics never went away. Superior data on each and every page that never goes down...

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I use Analytics for in-depths analysis when I have the time or can be bothered, but truly Hub Stats does the job for the most part.
    I'm with Cardisa on this. If they can't be bothered posting them in a timely manner, they might as well do away with them and force us all to use Analytics, whether we like it or not.
    For people like me who keep spreadsheets, Hub Stats is good enough. they may be rolling but if you take a note of the reading at the same time every day, it is pretty accurate.
    They used to only stop working when a site update was being rolled out. Now it seems they don't work on weekends or during holidays, or sometimes fail totally randomly.
    I don't need those stats for anything much except to look back on from month to month or year to year.
    There will come a time when I choose to use Analytics instead of Hub stats, but that seems a shame when they used to work well enough.

I don't know why people keep telling me to use analytics. I prefer t use the HP stats because I can see my daily traffic per hub, while I can sort them and I can easily go back and forth on hubs and do my thing. For what I am doing HP works better for me.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Carolee, Hi there, long time since we spoke last.

I understand your frustration to want to quickly assess using the Hub Stats as a fast reference point to making decisions on what to do with your under/not performing hubs. When things don't work the way they are meant too, yes its a pain in the rear.

Others are suggesting Analytics simply as it is a extremely useful tool for making informed choices on which hubs are working well and which are not.

If I see a few hubs performing well, I use analytics to determine if views (which is the only number you see on HP) are coming from a general area or from some IP specific address.

I can then delve deeper into Google to see if I can enhance my hubs (due to traffic coming from key words, specific countries, time of day when people are online, etc)

2. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can see your daily traffic per hub on analytics with a lot of other stuff besides, most especially you get trustworthy read times (HP read times are hard to load and hopelessly inaccurate).

If you ever learn to use the service I guarantee that you will not bother much with HP stats except perhaps for social media stuff.

6. WuckingFurries profile image79
    WuckingFurriesposted 10 years ago

Hi Will, where do you find 'analytics'?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

On your earnings page, after you sign up for it. It is just below the AdSense.
      Go to: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics for instructions to sign up.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)