jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Bot found 53 errors in one hub!

1. Pollyannalana profile image76
    Pollyannalanaposted 21 months ago

The bots have found 53 errors in comments in my Darlie Routier hub! Should I delete them or just do nothing or what?

1. lisavanvorst profile image79
      lisavanvorstposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Let the bot do what it does best and do the editing for you. That's why it is there. I appreciate having this option.

2. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 21 months ago

The bot will have already made the corrections. Unless you want to change something back to the way it was (by unchecking the associated checkbox), there's nothing you need to do.

1. chef-de-jour profile image89
      chef-de-jourposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Editbot will improve HP as a whole in the long run I hope and that has to be of benefit to us all. Meanwhile I have a hub with 18 errors all of my own making. The hub? Apostrophe exercises for EFL students with incorrect examples! I can't see any way round this other than to delete the whole hub!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I had something similar and what I found successful was to go into "Edit", erase a word or two in front of and after the correction as well as the correction, then retype all those words. If Editbot goes through again, then I wasted that time.

Another way might be to use Photoshop or other software to make your text into an image or set of images, which Editbot can't change. That might be too time consuming.

Pollyannalanaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Wow, Patty, I hate that for you. Can't you uncheck the boxes and go in and change it?

3. Kiss andTales profile image24
    Kiss andTalesposted 21 months ago

How do I use edit bot,  I was looking for it can you help me access this feature.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Edit Bot is an automated process so you don't have to do anything. If it hasn't checked over your hubs yet, it probably will get to them sometime very soon.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

You will want to check they were in fact errors, go to the hub in normal view (not edit mode) and click the message at the top which will show the changes.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

If your hub has been edited by editbot, a little icon will appear next to it on the stats page.  You can then go to the hub and look to see if the corrections are acceptable.  If not, you can put check mark next to the highlighted correction and it will go back to being the way it was.  Otherwise, just leave it be.  The corrections are made automatically, but they are not always correct!

4. greenmind profile image90
    greenmindposted 21 months ago

What you should do is be really grateful that the bot found and fixed so many mistakes in your hub! ; )

5. Kiss andTales profile image24
    Kiss andTalesposted 21 months ago

Thank you I did see yellow box with check already there,
    But when I looked at it directly it was not changed. I changed the suggestion. I  think. Now it shows nothing to change.I would love them to change my errors with edit bot. Auto , am I changing it manually,  or did they,  should I have a whole H circle as Hub appropriate for viewing since errors are corrected.

6. Vic Dillinger profile image60
    Vic Dillingerposted 21 months ago

No one should care about comments being incorrectly spelled or with poor grammar--those are meaningless and have no bearing on the content itself. As long as your actual work, Pollyannalana, didn't have 53 errors in it I wouldn't worry.  [And I'm going to make a practice of "un-correcting" comment edits going forward, regardless of how crummy it looks, because that was THAT person's problems with language and spelling, not mine.]

Pollyannalanaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Makes sense and as long as it doesn't reflect on us then why worry? Thanks.

working