jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubchallenge, Hubs, and Ad Alignment

1. FaithMarie profile image61
    FaithMarieposted 7 years ago

I am brand new to Hubpages, and am working on the Hubchallenge but do have a question regarding ad alignment.

I do a fairly good job with choosing keywords and optimizing them to obtain ads that are associated with the topics I am writing about. However, I have noticed that even with some of my Hubs being up for several days the displayed adsense is completely wrong for my keywords. I have looked at optimized articles by other authors and thier displayed ads are "wrong" as well.

Is this common on Hubpages? I am assuming it is a lot harder to make money with unrelated ads showing on your hubs.

Thanks for the help in advance! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Since google is now serving interest based ads - you may well be seeing ads based on your browsing history. wink

1. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well then I must be browsing hot indian babes in my sleep big_smile

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image79
      Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Marie! Thanks for the post and good luck with the HubChallenge!

I just took a look at one of your latest Hubs about dog clothing that was published 2 days ago and it looks like the Hub is showing relevant ads now >>

I know that it sometimes takes a little bit of time for them to optimize, but it shouldn't take any longer than 24 hours to show ads like these.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

It takes a little while for relevant ads to appear. Have they been up for more than a couple of days?

3. FaithMarie profile image61
    FaithMarieposted 7 years ago

@ Mark - I didn't know that ads were being displayed based on browsing history now. Thats a good bit of trivia to know smile

@Ryan - It must have taken a bit of time for the ads to align properly. When I checked all of them were off and may have been due to my browsing history as well.

Thanks again!

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

I'm still browsing men in lingerie (don't ask)