U Ever Feel in that U will never achieve what you really want

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

U Ever Feel in that U will never achieve what you really want.

After trying many many times you get tired..

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You bet and these are very hard times. But you can't stop trying. Everyday just get up and keep trying and working. Let good work habits and discipline lead you - not emotions.

Hope things start going your way.

1. Lgali profile image58
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for nice words

2. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do on here, I had a great June and then it has all gone downhill again, if not for the community I deff wouldnt be here so in a sense I have given up on ever making money on here.

1. Lgali profile image58

we all have similar problems

3. profile image0
      Crys Foxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

“ACHIEVEMENT connotes final accomplishment of something noteworthy, after much effort and often in spite of obstacles and discouragements.” – Dictionary.com

Whenever you begin to feel that you’ll “never” do/reach/obtain something, it sometimes helps to remember that you have not reached your finale, so as long as there’s breath in your body, the accomplishment is still possible. Sure, the challenges, obstacles, questions, and inconvenient waiting period will be present, but so are your choices. Remember, everything under the sun goes through a process to become something other than what it started out as. Choosing to continue to strive onward and toward your goal is very important, as is acknowledging how far you’ve come, celebrating what you have accomplished, and respecting the process. Often, you start out as having a vision or an idea, and once you’ve received it, you have to choose to do something with it (ignore or explore). If you choose to explore it, you then must choose to seek the resources that will aid you in bringing your vision to fruition.

Consider what it takes to create a cake, the process it must undergo from being several different components (eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, oil, water, flavoring, etc.)to becoming one great thing. For us, we think the process starts with mixing all of these ingredients together, but in fact, the process is far greater than this. Where do we get the flour, eggs, milk, oil, etc from? How do we know that they will work together to create what we want? What process did they need to go through to be ready for us to use them in this fashion?

The concept of “never” only exists in the minds of people who allow it to take root there. Choose to adopt a new attitude about what you believe is possible in your life. Replace “I feel like I’ll never…” with “one day, I will…”, then take steps towards meeting your goal. The process has not been promised to be an easy or quick one, but one of the beauties of life is the past examples that are available to guide us. We no longer have to figure out how much flour, sugar, water, etc. to put into a bowl and how long it should bake before it forms into a cake. Why? Because others, having gone through the process, have created the formula and provided us with the blueprint. The past can be your resource. Use it as a guide and stay open to all of the alternative options available to you. If your goal is to publish a book, know that it is possible, believe that you will, and get started by getting disciplined. Your result may or may not include having it published by a large publishing house. Your book will be valuable whether it makes it on the shelves at Barnes & Noble or not. You may or may not have hundreds of thousands of fans seeking your work. Focus on the quality, not the quantity, and you’d be amazed at how liberating that is. Of course as a writer, you’d like to establish a career in this field and earn money that will sustain your lifestyle, but again, focus on the quality of your work.

Be encouraged, fellow writers. Change the vocabulary in your process. Fill your atmosphere with positive words that affirm your talent, your purpose, and your hopes and dreams. Be patient, and when you feel like you’re running out of it, choose instead, to run after it!

1. Lgali profile image58

thnaks for all nice words

4. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honey! Im all over, around and up in this convo!

]Yupe! me double!

1. Lgali profile image58

thnaks I have one more in team

5. dashwood profile image59
      dashwoodposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, be there done that bought the t-shirt. HOWEVER, this is the single most common challenge faced by anyone who wants to be someone or achieve. The majority of successes usually came after a epic journey.  So you are in good company.

97% give up along the way, but there are a small percentage who have the will to keep going - despite unsurmountable obstacles (not sure what yours are though).  These include, personal tragedy and illness, debt, lack of support, lack of knowledge and know-how, the list is endless.  The ones who win through aren't necessarily the smartest cookies - they did some or all of the following:

A)  Stuck it out longer than anyone else and got there by sheer hard work and relentless bloody-mindedness
      B)  They got themselves a Mentor
      C)  They followed their instincts
      D)  They tried something different
      E)  They believed in themselves even when everyone else didn't
      F)  They tried just that bit harder every day, got up earlier, and just did more work than everyone else

Remember, the Beatles put in 10,000 hours of gigs and writing and rehearsing BEFORE they became an overnight success.  Abraham Lincoln went backrupt and then lost his wife to illnesss years before he ran the country. So, you might just be on the brink of a big breakthrough. 

If you love what you do, have passion, belief and are totally focussed, the universe will back you up in strange and seemingly magical ways...  Good luck

1. Lgali profile image58

thanks for all those nice words u realy have lot expereince in this area

6. marshall92 profile image66
      marshall92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If this is the case, you should probably start with small goals that are easy to accomplish. I am in high school, and I have a goal of becoming a doctor and traveling to the sickest regions of the world to cure people. If I don't accomplish my goal, I won't be devastated as long as I have tried my best and helped the world in one way or another.

1. Lgali profile image58

very nice goal and good advice start with small goal

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I agree. But it is unattainable at times it seems. Depends on what your wants are doesn't it?. Good luck my friend and peace alway

1. Lgali profile image58

Thanks for encourgement..

3. wrenfrost56 profile image54
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Sometimes it does feel that my persuits are fruitless, however hopefully I get a little closer every day!

1. Lgali profile image58

thnaks for nice take

2. Lgali profile image58

very nice said

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Everyone feels that way.  If you read the biographies or interviews with great, great people, they all, always say the same exact thing, almost without exception through all of time:

Never quit.  Don't give up on your dreams.

So, just keep plugging.  Your dreams are only out of reach when you stop dreaming them - your destination only unreachable when you stop traveling.

5. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah. I have that same feeling over the past few weeks. I am attempting to write a book and have been stumped over the past few weeks; writing and rewriting. My back patio deck collapsed during a BBQ and have been in demo the last two weeks. Three days ago, we had a major plumbing leak at 1:00 in the morning. I was able to contain the problem, but now dealing with the possibility of a major overhaul with plumbers.

Always heard problems come in "threes" so it looks like once these issues are solved, I should be running smotthly once again..... Fingers crossed....

1. Lgali profile image58

so this means I am not alone

6. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Felt like that many times, I've been trying to build up a decent income from running my own websites and writing on sites like this for nearly 3 years and its been very slow progress at times. There have been a couple of times when I gave up for a few months and then came back to it, but I am finally geting there now which is great, so I would definitely say that perseverance is very important. As long as your not being completely unrealistic you wil get there in the end.

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

You are definitely not alone with that feeling. I feel that everyday when I write...I feel sad that I'll never get published. and I even get really down when I go into bookstoes now because I feel I wil never accomplish my goal, my dream.  But I do keep going, holding on a tiny bit of hope that my friends, family, and husband give to me.

I hope that you keep hanging on too. and keep striving for you goal.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keep writing, and, my personal challenge, is KEEP SENDING THEM OUT.  Getting on that Borders Books bookshelf someday is more about generating enough manuscripts and having enough of them looping through publishers and agents hands, in ever increasing cycles that eventually stuff begins to stick.

Sometimes I feel myself starting to get whiny about feeling like I'm never going to be published in any large or meaningful way, then I slap myself and look at what I am doing to facilitate success. That's usually when I realize that I hung up the last rejection letter on one manuscript or another and didn't bother to send it out again. 

For me at least, just cracking open Writers Market and finding the next publisher, writing or tweaking the query/cover, and getting it in the mail lifts my spirits immensely.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you don't literally slap yourself lol but yea I do that too where I start thinking negatively and MENTALLY smack myself.

I do have one problem....FINISHING my stories. I've only finished 2 and they are conisdered short stories and as one agent rudely told me agents won't waiste their time with short stories because they don't make money. I beg to differ on that one.

But yes I do have issues finishing my stories, another idea comes along and takes over and then another and another. But I am trying to sit down with ONE story and finish it...not going too well lol

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
          Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, the upside of THAT problem is that your success is TOTALLY in your control. Just finish. Do it. Don't talk about it.  Don't think.  Don't listen to the little voice in your head that has reasons why doing something else right now is better for whatever reason.

There's ALWAYS a reason NOT to do something.  So just finish. 

Also, there is no money in short stories, unless you have a novel length collection of them, so you heard correctly.  However, there are tons and tons and tons of small press anthology/collections, magazines and online places that you can submit FINISHED short stories to.  Many of them have contests and stuff too (although those usually have like $5 to $15 entry fees). 

Just finish one.  Discipline is probably your best writer's skill to work on, from the sound of it.

8. Bard of Ely profile image81
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I haven't only felt like I cannot achieve things but lots of times when I have got very close to success with some goal it has all been swiftly taken away again. I don't think it has anything to do with the Law of Attraction either because I can think of times when I was happy and thinking something good was going to carry on and then it didn't and I can't see how I caused that. Over the years I have come to conclude that there are things I cannot do or experience and others that I can and also that the older you get the more difficult it becomes to achieve many things if not impossible.

9. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Maybe we will always strive for what's just beyond our grasp.  That is a good quality.  It keeps you moving.  It keeps you alive.

10. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I get feelings like this sometimes. I'll think, "Who really cares what I have to say or write about?" Then on another day, I'll think, "I DO!"

You have to do something for yourself. There will be those who try to shoot you down and make you feel as though it's stupid to write or blog. Well, blog about that and how ignorant they are. I do on occassion- I have a little rant and I feel better, rather than keep it inside all the time.

11. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Weirdly, I feel like I've gotten everything I've ever wanted. I mean this. The key I think is that I haven't really wanted that many things. But the things I have REALLY wanted, I got all those, no matter how impossible they seemed at the time.

That doesn't mean my life has been a big bed of roses. There's actually a saying, "Hell is getting what you pray for."

I wouldn't go THAT far. big_smile  But some things were a disappointment once I hd them. Others, worth every effort.

1. Lgali profile image58

nicely said thnaks

12. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I have to say that I just remembered that 20 years ago I REALLY REALLY wanted to teach English Composition at Indiana University and the woman running that department would not hire me, she just would not. I had the head of the English Department arguing with her and she still would not. I had a gazillion references, but she hated my boyfriend at the time, who DID teach in that department, and who was kind of one of those goofy 'cowboy poets' who really was more of a Jack Daniels expert than anything else.

So I didn't get that.

But they did hire me to teach something else. Still. I really wanted to teach Freshman Comp and I didn't get that. sad

13. vashal profile image59
    vashalposted 14 years ago

It's easy to get discouraged, whatever you hope to achieve. It's pretty common for me to alternate between being hopeful and feeling like I'll never get there.

1. Lgali profile image58

nice take

2. Lgali profile image58

nice take so I have some company

14. M.R. Jie profile image59
    M.R. Jieposted 14 years ago

I think every person feels like they can't suceed or that they are simply not good enough to obtain their dreams.  Unfortunatley, that is a part of life, but it is the people who keep striving for their goals that ultimately win.  It is a constant struggle, but just remember that it is worth the effort.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.  I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have."  - Abraham Lincoln

1. Lgali profile image58

thanks for nice words

2. Lgali profile image58

good take

15. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I do, at times..

1. Lgali profile image58

so I am not alone

2. Lgali profile image58

good to know so many other have same feeling in there life

3. Lgali profile image58

thanks

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

No Lgali you aren't alone definitely not in ths topic.

1. Lgali profile image58

thanks

17. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

No Lgali you are definitely not alone. Some days and today is one of them for me, it seems as though something bad or worrisome is always happening. I just keep forcing myself to slog along and make progress. But it is very hard to focus.

1. Lgali profile image58

I am feeling this for long time. Keep myself busy that what I can do

2. Lgali profile image58

very good advice

1. Lgali profile image58

today i am feeling better after I got good call

18. Alastore001 profile image61
    Alastore001posted 14 years ago

I think everyone feels this way sometime or another, some more than others.
    All we can really do is keep trying, give it our best and even if we come up short we can at least do so in confidence knowing we gave it our all.

"Shoot for the moon and even if you fall short, you'll still land in the stars"
    Kinda cheesy but i guess it fits.

1. Lgali profile image58

very nicely said

19. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Just about everybody runs into feeling that way at one time or another.  People have to keep going even when they're tired.  If they get absolutely too tired to keep going they need to rest for a while - and then start trying again once they've had enough of a rest to feel a little less tired.

The option is to give up, but if the person wants something badly enough the idea of giving up isn't usually an option at all.  That will guarantee they won't get what they want, while trying always offers the chance they will.

1. Lgali profile image58

thanks

20. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Lgali,

It's easy to be discouraged and hard not to feel bad when you feel others are doing better than you.  I think you are doing very well. It's hard to write in another language and I salute you for trying. And I can only repeat what others have said and that is to try to improve your writing meaning your sentence structure, grammar, etc.  One thing that I have noticed about your hubs is that you are funny.  You have a way of connecting the picture with the saying that made me laugh.  Just keep going.

1. Lgali profile image58

thanks for nice words

21. Jezzzz profile image42
    Jezzzzposted 14 years ago

My thought is keep working on it till it does work or your obtain the goal.

1. Lgali profile image58

nice words thanks

2. Lgali profile image58

goood take

22. goodfriendiam profile image59
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Don't we all feel, hopeless, sometimes, like we are never going to reach our destination.  I KNOW I sure do.

1. Lgali profile image58

yes i agree

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)