decriminalize pot?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (222 posts)
  1. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

today the mexican gov't decriminalized pot, giving a "personal use" limit in mexico of 5 grams, approximately four joints.  this move designed to concentrate the battle on drug cartels.  good luck.  two parter: should personal use in america be a crime?  if not a crime, how much is personal use?

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the bulk of the US population agrees it should be legal. I think it should, the money earned from the taxes and cultivation could really help our economy and the drug is no more dangerous than alcohol.

I don't smoke pot or anything, but just wanted to give my two cents.

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. kmackey32 profile image65
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea they do, the government just don't want everyone to know. lol

Ah, it's secret! Can't argue with that.

1. Linda Abbott profile image60
              Linda Abbottposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah they do unless they are alcholics. Or if they prefere Crack or Meth. God made marijuans, man made all the other bad stuff. Think about it. marijuana is good for a lot of health issues.

2. profile image49
      amy pitersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Sure it should be legal.  It's less of a dangerous drug than is alcohol.  The only reason it is not legal is because of the powers that be, and the infrastructure that is, and so much, basically $$, depending on it.

Personal use should be quantified and regulated as is alcohol.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes careful partaking of the gentle weed is reasonable in my view. Kids in jail for having a joint? That is crazy. smile

blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it really is a shame to see the number of people who've been busted for far less than an ounce.  meanwhile over at the neighborhood bank, or wall street...

1. goodfriendiam profile image62
          goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

blue dog don't get me started on politics local or otherwise...lol

yes, it would be nice if one didn't have to get involved in it.  small town politics are as bad as national.  then there's the politics forum here on hp as well...

2. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Completely over the top punishments here in AZ...  I don't know about TX.

I can remember in NC, I once had to go to court and there were a lot of people who where in there for possession and they were all receiving $25 fines. LOL I was in shock about that, after knowing the penalties up north.

3. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

There's no good reason to legalize pot. Potheads just want what they want.

1. marinealways24 profile image57
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Not true.

4. blue dog profile image59

yes, it should.  the only problem with the mexico law is that our customs agents have just been given more power.  having travelled extensively throughout mexico for over a decade was a genuine pleasure.  each time, crossing back into this country, those pleasures were spoiled by those testosterone induced clowns calling themselves customs agents.  perhaps it's because my physical description - 6'4", athletic, a full head of hair halfway down my back - was so at odds with part of their job description - 5'6", height/weight disproportionate, with little or no head hair - was more than they could stand.  it's not as if i'm suggesting that they suffer from short man syndrome...

it will be interesting to watch the small time drug busts increase at the border crossings.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woo Hoo.  More fun and games in AZ!  Well, you know those sorts are practically an institution here...the Coen's 'Raising AZ,' it was all so true!

likewise at the laredo crossing, not only a breed to themselves,  but an older version of the elementary school yard bully.

2. tksensei profile image59

Sounds like you are missing a simple solution to your displeasure.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

There are many good economic and moral reasons for legalization.  California will legalize it soon and most of the country will follow suit within the decade.  No informed person would be against this inevitability.

........ roll

You forgot to say "grow up."

2. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where does it stop? Next we will be legalizing microbes.

6. goodfriendiam profile image62
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Yes I agree it should be legalized in America, it's all natural, its not like street drugs, chemically manufactured. I don't smoke the stuff any more (and no not any less either...lol..I figured I would beat you all to the punch...lol), but from what I can remember from my younger days, 1 shared joint between four people gave me the munchies, giggles, and spaced out feeling for about 2 hours, I think. Heck I'm to old to remember this stuff. Beer on the other hand depends on what kind you drink, although it actually does matter what kind of weed you smoke to, now that I think about it. But anyways.....smile

I just had to say it but is that an old picture of you? lol

I do look a little spaced out, and no I am not....lol...I just took that picture tonight thank you very much!....LOL

Yea my daughter was looking as she said, that girl looks high. haha

7. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Well I personally think it should be legal. I do not smoke it myself, I have in my waaaay younger days, tryed it a couple times but it only put me too sleep but it should be just like alcohol, no smoking and driving. LMAO

8. kmackey32 profile image65

yes that is terrable, all teens try it.

9. kmackey32 profile image65

I really think some people should smoke the stuff, LOL. About 10 years ago, I had a boyfriend who was the nicest person in the world when he did, that's why I didn't care.

1. World Marketing profile image39
      World Marketingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol.

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Lita smile

11. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I would say don't legalize it but don't criminalize it either. smile
    That way the government can't make money off it, tax it and all that stuff but they also cannot lock you up and make you pay fines either.

12. blue dog profile image59

not even house trained.

13. profile image0

LOL!  Yeah...that's about the size of it...

14. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Even Obama made a point of saying he did not see the point of talking about legalizing it.  See, you and Obama agree on something tk, so that is something he must have done right smile.  Personally I have no interest in marjiuana myself, but it really would not bother me if it were legalized.  Cigarettes are actually worse for people's health, and there is no talk of making those illegal.  All in all I could care less about marijuana, so I would say legalizing it could make a lot of people happy, and be a good source of revenue for taxes.

I think Obama is politically sensible in not legalizing now. Timing is everything! smile Sooner or later, economically or socially mandated, America will cease it's useless damaging war on drugs.
      It will treat addiction with good medical care and psychological support. Essential to cut the corruption and hypocrisy that keeps it all in place.

Yeah sure, when exactly?

15. profile image0

I would imagine he is as pragmatic about this issue as he is about the insurance industry, wink.

Which...sigh...I see the point.  The point I cannot see is his take on marriage for gay couples (he believes in expanding rights for civil unions, but that marriage is between a man and a woman...because of his personal Christian beliefs, I guess).  See, he's really more of a centrist than anything, and definitely pragmatic.  Things I at once both admire, dislike, and see both positives and limitations of.

1. SweetiePie profile image81
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He compromises a little too much to make conservative and moderate Americans feel more comfortable I believe.  Honestly I was surprised to see so many Californians supported prop eight, but you know it only passed by a few percentage points.  In a few years and with more education I think people will stop talking civil unions and start accepting that everyone has the right to get married, if that is what they want to do.

"More education"? Perhaps it's not a matter of sufficient education but of simply holding a different opinion? Unless you mean 'education' in the communist sense.

So giving everyone the equal right to marry is Communistic?  You would be surprised to learn there are actually some conservative Republican same sex couples that are in favor of same sex marriage.  Would you want to alienate them?  Could this be why the Republican party is losing many members? Education in the sense that giving people the legal right to marry by no means infringes upon your rights.  How does a same sex couple getting married effect you exactly?

Would you like to try actually reading my comments before responding?

16. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 14 years ago

Now I want a cigarette and a joint.  One which I just quit and the other I haven't done since I was a kid.  LOL!!

I don't see a problem with legalizing it.  I don't care either way, really.

17. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 14 years ago

Hey, I think everyone should have the right to be as miserable as I was when I was married.  LOL

18. Linda Abbott profile image60
    Linda Abbottposted 14 years ago

I was listening to the BOB 96.9, here in Oklahoma this morning. They said 1 in 10, of all people age 50, and in this generation, admit to smoking weed. I can tell you that alchol is much more inebriating. If one is used to marijuana, they don't just fall asleep. That happens to the first time user. It stops soon enough. Munchies could be forever. Determination to overcome the minchies can be rewarding, so one won't gain 50+ pounds.
    Marajuana has many uses, hemp can be used to make clothing. If is a good food substance for cattle, goats, sheep, and even for the pigs, and deer. It isn't legal because of taxes. It produces so many seeds it can't be controlled by the government. They need to just legalize it and go ahead and treat it like our garden food. I have been known to say if it's a pill that is stronger than marijuana, I won't take it. So my doctors are careful with my pain medications.

19. tksensei profile image59

I hear that pot affects your ability to spell correctly.

not using it affects one's ability to reason.

Yes some usage is required to attain basic understanding of things like, "war not good"

!!!!!!

2. tksensei profile image59

Oh yeah, it's famous for that...  roll

20. rmcrayne profile image89
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Legalize pot.  I think a couple oz is reasonable for personal use.  Please spend my tax dollars on getting drunk (or otherwise impaired) drivers off the road.  Crack down on illegal substances associated with violent behavior and increased health costs.

21. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Marijuana is not nearly as innocuous as people believe.  It's a cocktail of hundreds of different chemicals, and there are about 50 potentially active substances in it. 

THC affects cells- causes brain changes, lung damage, chromosome alterations, decline in male testosterone, and even a depression in cell division.    THC isn't water soluble like alcohol, so it stays in the fatty parts of cell membranes for a long time.  Sticks around in the brain, you see, and impairs judgment and ruins brain cells.

I saw some very scary SPECT images of chronic marijuana users in graduate school, guess what?  It can shrink your brain, just like alcohol. Bad news for people when they use alcohol and marijuana together. 

Anyway, it's not as harmless as it seems...

chronic respiratory ailments are caused by air pollution, even for non-smokers.  there's an alarming increase of diabetes in today's school age children, due to their ballooning weight problem which is due to their dietary intake and lack of physical exercise.  in fact, this growing problem is so acute that big pharma is pleased not only with the drugs currently being dispensed upon school age children, but the investment money coming their way from manufacture of said drugs. 

your point being?

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My point being some posters have cited the lack of danger as being a reason for legalization of marijuana.  So, the argument doesn't hold water.  I'm not for or against legalization, but people should know the facts.

whether an argument holds water or not depends on the side of the fence one is standing.  or straddling.   since we're now discussing facts instead of opinions, maybe the multi-billion dollar industry that is big pharma could release a few more facts, especially to the elderly segment of our population, about the dangers of manufactured drugs versus the dangers of those derived from organic substance; especially to those who are on, say, five to nine different prescriptions.  while they're in the process of releasing facts, how about some info on young children already dependent upon big pharma to help them cope with the absurdities of life, along with how many prescriptions these young children are predicted and expected to be on by the time they reach the age of twenty, at the sole benefit of big pharma.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There has never been one documented case of anyone dying from using marijuana.  You can not become physically addicted.  You can't O.D. on it.  It does not contain carcinogenic properties that cause lung cancer, like smoking tobacco does.  The tests that were done in the, I believe, 70's that supposedly "proved" that weed killed brain cells were conducted by pumping pure marijuana smoke into the lungs of monkeys and, in essence, depriving them of oxygen.  It has recently been shown that the oxygen deprivation was what killed their brain cells.  The truth of the matter is that weed is less dangerous than aspirin.

That was interesting, you do really learn something everyday! I use to say why in the world do I know absolutely nothing, but a little of something. Now I think I know...lol. Thanks Davinagirls3

2. profile image0

I didn't say it caused cancer or you can OD on it.  These are recent studies, not done in the '70's, by the way.  Aspirin doesn't cause decreased lung capacity, chronic bronchitis, and impaired judgment. http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59

I am not saying that it can't cause annoying side effects.  I can't smoke weed because it messes with my allergies.  It doesn't impair judgement any more than alcohol.

1. profile image0

Totally agree.  I think alcohol is WAY worse.  My only point is that it DOES have negative medical consequences, so those who say it's completely harmless, therefore it should be legal, are missing some of the facts.  That's all.

All I am saying is that it is a lot less harmful than many things that are legal.  I think it should be legalized because pot dealers don't want it to be legalized.  There is a documentary that is called, I believe, The Union?  I could be wrong, but I think that is the name.  In this documentary, they actually interview pot dealers and ask them what they think about legalizing marijuana.  They were totally against it.  It would put an end to their bank roll.

1. profile image0

Completely agree it's a lot less harmful than many legal substances.  When I counseled addicts, however I did see many people seeking help for marijuana.  It had ruined their jobs and marriages.  I know it's not hard to get.  But, having witnessed the destruction it can do in people's lives, I think keeping it illegal has the potential to keep a certain segment of the population from having easy access, and therefore NOT suffering these consequences.  Marijuana Anonymous members will share a very different side of the seemingly harmless substance.  It's psychologically addictive.  Actually, some studies were done that show a physical withdrawal process that occurs with chronic users.  I've seen some pretty ugly repercussions from marijuana use when I did drug and alcohol counseling at the VA Hospital.  Before that, I thought it was completely harmless.  I just think free access could wreak havoc on people who have the potential to abuse.  AND, I see your point about the documentary. 

I am only worried about a certain segment of the population that has the propensity to abuse substances.

1. profile image0
                  sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or the problem itself is not from smoking pot but from the "criminal" accusations made to those that do.

Think about it.  Lots of people go to work stoned.  No one ever really knows but there are some who have guilty minds, figure it wrong and it disrupts their thinking.  It's not really the pot now is it. wink

I have no direct or indirect experience with it, and I'm very curious how it ruins jobs and marriages if, as some people say, it's not addictive. You saw it happen; tell us more.

... just read your previous post. I get it.

3. Davinagirl3 profile image59

I think you underestimate the craftiness of the pot dealer.  It is just as easy to get pot as it is to get beer.  If marijuana was legalized, kids would have to show ID to get weed.

1. profile image0

No doubt it is easy to get pot.  I could go out right now and within an hour if I really wanted it, I would find it.

22. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

If memory is correct, pot is illegal because one needs to purchase a special stamp for it. The government just won't produce the stamp. LOL 'twas a way for the powers that be to get around the constitution thing.

23. tksensei profile image59

The potheads just want their smokey-smokey. All justifications, rationalizations, misdirections, and irrational comparisons aside, that's what it comes down to.

And who made you the last authority? Of what is right and wrong..........

1. profile image0

An opinion is an opinion, not a very well thought out one in my opinion.  wink

No, it's true. They blather on about hemp clothes, hemp rope, hemp paper, but the underlying theme is a cheap legal high. We'd all respect them much more if they'd own up.

1. profile image0

So you are saying that it is better for people to keep killing over drug cartels trying to make money off of it then it is for happy go la la types to find other uses for hemp.  Which by the way, you cannot get high from hemp used in these forms. big_smile

1. nicomp profile image60

I said no such thing. The recreational pot user just wants to be left alone so she can blaze up. There is a smaller contingent that sees it as a political issue, I agree.

2. blue dog profile image59

cheap?  you think good pot is cheap?  just goes to show how much you know about the subject. maybe you could do a hub for us on hemp clothes, hemp rope, hemp paper.  don't forget to include hemp's financial impact on canada's economy.  p.s fyi there's a huge difference between hemp used for economical purposes versus marijuana used for recreational purposes.  go do you homework and report back.

pullleeeaaasse! Tommy Toker in Fresno couldn't care less about the economic impact of factory pot farms in Edmonton. He wants to get high and eat Twinkies.

24. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

So, you want more government control on what people do with their own bodies?

I'm only commenting on the characteristics of the people who want it legal. I didn't give my opinion.

1. profile image0

That stereotype is so flawed it is funny.

Have a chuckle on me. Then go down to the local private country club and hang out with the stoners. On the way home, stop by the BMW dealership and sign the latest petition to legalize pot.

1. profile image0

Stoners hanging out at a country club??? lol  Now I am really laughing.

That's my point. Thanks!

1. profile image0

No, I get it but you called it cheap. lol

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would not be against it being legal even though I don't smoke it.

The government only banned marijuana in the first place so W.R. Hearst could print his newspapers on wood pulp paper.  Hearst got Anslinger, America's first "drug czar", to start the smear campaign on weed.  He wanted hemp outlawed because he owned paper mills.  He would have lost money in his paper mills if hemp paper really caught on.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it amazing how quickly conservatives can drop the "smaller government" imperative when it suits their narrow-minded purposes.  We can't afford basic health services for indigent people, but we can waste billions on incarcerating people for committing victimless crimes.

I'm for mandatory neutering of all conservative dogs to keep them from fathering a new generation of knuckleheads.

You forgot to say "grow up."    roll

25. jiberish profile image78
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

My personal opinion is that if they want to legalize it make it economically feasable by packaging it and selling over the counter like cigarettes.  Tax it, and make the legal age 21. Everyone wins. It's as addictive and as bad for your health.

That would probably make the price go down and also upset a lot of people south of the border.

1. profile image0

Possibly, but that is an huge assumption.  I could see it though. Upsetting people south of the border that is.

pot is not addictive.

Given the high numbers of smokers who are willing to risk imprisonment, fines, confiscation of their homes and cars, and loss of their careers, I'd say it demonstrates addictive tendencies.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Or people who think they have the right to do as they wish...

That's a leap. No one smokes pot as an act of civil disobedience.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
              Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, sometimes that is exactly what they do.  There was a famous case some years back of a stoner smoking a joint in a polling booth.  Cops couldn't touch'im.

2. profile image0

I think that you have been fed a line of tv bs when it comes to the stereotypes you keep shelling out.

26. Uninvited Writer profile image80

No, but they smoke it regardless because they like it, much as people have a glass of wine or a beer. I don't doubt that some people are addicted as they are to alcohol.

Yes, I think they do see it that way. A recreational activity that, in their mind, is on par with a legal drink.

27. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

The problems are lethargy, missing work, depression, and the spouse being fed up with the use.  These issues are separate from the legal issues.  The addicts I worked with explained to me the negative psychological effects upon them, their jobs (work truancy) and their marriages.

1. profile image0

Oh, no I certainly understand that but what I am really getting at is that they weren't happy with their jobs in the first place, it's an excuse to miss work, a cop out if you will.  Do you see what I am saying. Using pot as their excuse for being unhappy with their lives.  Something tells me they were not happy to begin with. wink  Now do you see what I am saying?

1. profile image0

AHHH, gotcha.  No doubt, that's true.  smile

28. goodfriendiam profile image62

Isn't it funny those who mock, those that do something that is in there eyes so wrong, but there the ones probably sitting at home, secretly doing something of the same equivalence. big_smile

29. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

How about you guys talking against legalizing pot, have you ever smoked it?  I can smoke a joint and do expert crossword puzzles in ink.  I have burned many a doobie at the country club with doctors, lawyers, government officials, and other members of the community.  I also have glaucoma and pot decreases the pressure in my eyes.  I have found the people who are so against legalization are the ones most ignorant about pot.

I have smoked it.  I have smoked more than enough not to be ignorant.  I might even be an expert.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My expertise ranges from the adventurous to the scientific.

Never smoked it, bought it, grew it, rolled it, carried it, or even seen it. Therefore my opinion is invalid.

Never robbed a bank either, but I come down squarely in the 'anti' camp.

I was wrong about you, I figured you would say you had never tried suicide instead of bank robbery.  This is a lousy excuse but as I said, I'm not surprised after your stupid country club/ BMW analogy.  You and your little dog too!

leave the dogs out of it. lol

Not you, you seem to be house broken, unlike some. HA!

2. SweetiePie profile image81

Honestly I could care less about this marijuana thing. Randy is entitled to his opinion, and he should not have to be snipped at for it smile.

Thank you SweetiePie.  Actually, I've been waiting for a chance to use that line from "The wizard of Oz"  for a long time and it seemed to fit perfectly on this thread.  Kill two birds with-well, one bird.

I thought tksensei was the one ganging up with nicomp, but was mistaken smile.  The Wizard of Oz line is very good though smile.

SweetiePie wrote:

You were correct the first time, SweetiePie. LOL

Do you think i'm ganging up with someone?

ad hominem attack. I win.

Add nauseaism--you lose.

30. marinealways24 profile image57
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I am smoking right now. Guess what, I'm not going out to rape and plunder. Wow, imagine that, a calm stoner. I thought weed makes people do bad things. I am reading and writing on hubpages while some people are out getting drunk without consciousness. Idiot potheads.

Here's to ou I lift my sheap beer can to marinealways24 smile...lol

puff puff, "passes"

LOL...sorry only beer for me these days, never liked the feeling pot gave me...with cotton mouth....but I will pass it on to the next person...lol

Gatorade!!!! lol I will smoke up till I choke up. Weed doesn't give me a hangover or make me sleepy.

2. profile image0

I consider myself a considerate person. I do prefer to load personal bowls.  I do like to share I just don't like to feel rushed. smile

LOL

2. marinealways24 profile image57

Ok, let me know when you are ready. "Continues puffing"

1. profile image0

Oh no, I just let you have some of my own for yourself.  That's the real way to share.  smile

Ah, you are too nice! Ty

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Psssst!  Ron Montgomery makes good cupcakes.

So I heard. Cupcakes appeal to my selective reading. lol

3. Davinagirl3 profile image59

Marijuana only gave people the "reefer madness" until Reagan came into office.  Then it made people too passive.  The Soviets were going to use weed to sedate the people and take over our nation.

1. profile image0

ROTLMAO!!!!!lol

31. marinealways24 profile image57

On a serious note, I fit every symptom of having ADD. My thoughts are often clouded, random, insane. When I smoke, it balances my ability to slow my mind/thoughts. It is very relaxing compared to insanity.

32. Randy Godwin profile image59

Many cancer victims use pot to counter the effects of the violent nausea caused by chemotherapy.  Some of the doctors secretly give them pot even though it is illegal because of the effectiveness of the nausea cure.

You are doing a lot of typing. Are you feeling nice?

33. marinealways24 profile image57

I would like to know why those who don't smoke think people that do smoke are idiots? Is there any backing to these comments?

1. profile image0

TV!!! big_smile

Politicians, church, also?

1. profile image0

Yeah but they get their "knowledge" from tv and bible reruns. lol

That is so true....I know I use to watch them, but could never understand why I couldn't get what they where trying to say. its like trying to catch a live fish in water without bait....lol....

Something about inhaling hot gas into your lungs for the purpose of escaping reality. I guess.

lol i'm still in reality. You wish to debate me on that while i'm stoned?

I will drink a beer also to make it fair.

No debate necessary. I can't have an opinion on it anyway.

We can argue your reality compared to mine right now. I am stoned and you are sober. What is the difference in our realities? Am I not conscious of the moment right now?

I don't know. I am not permitted to have an opinion.

Why is this?

Obviously you already showed you have opinion when you stated, "Something about inhaling hot gas into your lungs for the purpose of escaping reality. I guess." Why would you guess I am out of reality when stoned?

You can eat it in your food as a herb, wonderful meal! smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

First you have to have an idea of what reality is.LOL

Nice

Well, some people don't know the difference between bank robbery and smoking a joint. HA!

Another excellent point. Pretty smart comments from a stoner. Stop doing that. You will mess up the political view. Were supposed to look stoned and stupid.

34. goodfriendiam profile image62

marinealways, I am going to jump right in to the computer screen and take your dog, and there won't be a ransom. I'm just keeping him?her. getting a little fuzzy and silly....lol I might just be on to a song here....lol

lol you can't get my Saint. It's a her. Yep, sounds like you are writing a techno country song. lol

35. marinealways24 profile image57

I would like to know how many people think weed is bad simply because it's illegal? Do you think the government knows everything? Do you agree with every law?

Personally I do not like weed myself, but decriminalizing it would be the right thing to do.  There would be less people in prison for possession of it, which costs tax payer dollars.  They could tax the pot, which would be revenue for the government.

Our government is too smart to do that. They don't want everyone smoking and analyzing how bad they are screwing up.

1. profile image0

I still think it should be neither criminalized or legalized. wink
          Why?  Then people could grow their own damn pot and no one would have to be fighting, paying, going to prison for it or capitalizing on natures smoke.

End of problem.

You need to run for president!! three cheers for sandra...*putting  thumb is up*

1. profile image0

lol, oh stop your gonna give me a big head. big_smile

I think.....politics ruins my high. lol

36. Randy Godwin profile image59

And how many who drink think pot smoking is bad?

37. Randy Godwin profile image59

I remember reading in grammar school that one joint would make a person insane.  Boy, our government!

lol maybe it was a typo. Maybe they meant "sane".

38. earnestshub profile image81

Absamalutely!

1. profile image0

Okay so this one day my friend got a heat gun, sorta like a hair dyer, to smoke pot without burning it.  It's better for you lungs.. anyways as it turns out you could actually recycle the pot.

So she had this giant bowl full of recycled pot that she used for cooking.  She made a batch of kick ass cookies and asked me if I wanted to take some home.  I said, of course.

On my way home I stopped at a Hawaiian restaurant to pick up some food for my boyfriend at the time (this was about 8-9 years ago)so I got it to go and put the cookies in the bag on top of the food.

When I went to pick him he looked in the bag and thought "all" of what was in the bag was for him.  But he never asked about the cookies and I had forgotten about them at the moment.

So, on the way home I stopped at the gas station not thinking about it...

The guy I was dating at the time was a mormon (born again christian type) who was going to law school out here and was all about never doing anything bad because the lord said not to etc...

Anyways, I came out of the gas station and saw him eating the cookie.  And these were about the most powerful cookies I had ever had the pleasure of eating.

When I realized what he was doing I went started yelling from a distance, "NOOOOO!!!!"  He got this look on his face.  Then I told him what he just ate. 

Now, I was laughing because by the time we were leaving he was getting all paranoid and stuff really not the kind of person I would want to hang out with stoned.

Long story short, he got completely freaked out and started blaming me for defiling himself etc...

Then I looked at him and was like. "Um, gluttony is a sin." lol 

We broke up shortly afterwords.  lol

lol Great story

39. marinealways24 profile image57

Here is my stoned reality. Anyone that wants to judge another for smoking bud can go to hell. Go read your bible where it tells you not to judge.

40. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Sounds good to me smile

Thank You

41. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Glad we can agree on something

lol me too! rare

yet another reason to fire it up.

"Amen"

42. marinealways24 profile image57

I am pleading to any sober person to challenge my stoned reality right now. I am blazed. Do you think you are smarter that me in your sober reality right now?

1. profile image0

Well to be fair, I am smarter then you anyways. lol  just playing.  big_smile

You are pretty damn smart. Most likely smarter than me at a lot of things. But you aren't sober, so you don't count. lol Jk

1. profile image0

Am not! lol

Are too! I see it in your smiley. lol

1. profile image0

You got me, beer makes me stupid. yikes

Miller lite? or budweiser?

1. profile image0

Blue Moon. big_smile

lol never would have guessed that one.

spaten optimator will kick.

2. earnestshub profile image81

No marine, Miller light is only for dying people. smile smile

lol how about icehouse?

43. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Actually, I preferred hashish big_smile

lol I'm starting to like you. Say somthing to disagree with me.

44. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Barack Obama will be judged the best president in US modern history smile

lol excellent! I won't argue though in my stoned reality. All I see are butterflies and daisy's! lol

and puppy dogs too.... is that a song?

lol you and your songs. Might as well add unicorns!

My turn I'm off to write a song about these and many more animals and flowers and weeds and seeds....hey Janice Joplin....now most of her music was all about the state of being stoned or getting stoned....lol

1. profile image0

and white rabbits... You just stepped into... The Twilight Zone. *muhahahaha*

She sounds cool to me. lol

How long does it take before history judges a president?  Has history judged W, yet?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I think we have to give it 20 or so years smile

45. marinealways24 profile image57

Wait a minute. I will be back in about 15 minutes. In my stoned reality, I am getting the sudden urge to go rob the 7/11 for a pack of cigarettes. I shall return!

46. marinealways24 profile image57

Alright i'm back. I'll go buy a pack in the morning. lol

47. Uninvited Writer profile image80

lol This is the video to end all wars!

48. earnestshub profile image81

Loved Janice, a pioneer!

49. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I love White Rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmJQyS8QVw

Sorry, I'm in a YouTube mood...

50. blue dog profile image59

maybe there should be a hubber stoner convention.  or a stoned hubbers convention.  we could even invite the hubbers who've never been stoned but have a secret desire to do so.  no bible thumpers. 

from what i hear, northern california's a good place.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)