I'm not a sock puppet!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (83 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

It appears since a few people are accusing me of being a sock puppet. i will say this.  i have never once lied to anyone here about who i really am, nor have i ever been a sock puppet account for anyone else.  Now, it's true I do have another account under the alias of "King Larry."  however, i only opened him up so he can publicly rant about issues that i care about like how lousy arnold schwarzenneger is as a governor.  or issues about selfish whiny pro athletes like terrell owens.  yes, i opened up that account for that reason alone.  now some of you might ask why don't i publish hubs like that under this current account? the reason is simple, i know a lot of people think im such a nice guy that i didn't want to lose my fan base just to talk about how much of an idiot terrell owens is.

hence, king larry could say the things i couldn't or dare say.  besides, in a religious forum i opened calling out all those who ban each other in there, NONE OF YOU took me seriously, as the forum died rather quickly. i figured since you guys probably think im too much of a nice guy that you guys didn't take that seriously, so i figured that a rude obnoxious jerk would get the point accross better.  hence, king larry's creation.  outside of king larry, I have no other accounts.  there i said it.  therefore, i would strongly appreciate it if nobody here dare say that im a sock puppet, nor do i like the false accusation that my hubs are plagarized.  i've been writing film reviews since i was 13 years old, so believe me EVERY review i've written was written by ME.  nobody else.  in fact, i can show anyone here the proof if anyone demands it of me.

all i can say is, if this is the type of "witch hunting" hubpages promotes, then I'll gladly leave and cancel my account if ANYONE here accuses me of being a sock puppet again! i don't like false accusations or insinuations here people.  unless you have DEFINITIVE PROOF that im fake, then you need to keep your freaking traps shut about me or anyone else you insinuate as it's not appropriate.  how would you like it if you were falsely accused of something that you didn't do, but people accused you anyway without that much proof rather than speculation.  how would you feel?   hmm... 

look, you people need to stop pointing the freaking finger at others as this is just utterly sad.  secondly, i doubt seriously iounn even read my "children of men" review, or she didn't understand it.  if she did, then she would know thaat i was talking about....THE FREAKING MOVIE CALLED CHILDREN OF MEN, AND THAT THE WHOLE "WOMAN SMOKING BIT" WAS JUST A METAPHOR TO DESCRIBE THE BROKEN DOWN SOCIETY THE MAIN PROTAGONIST LIVES IN BECAUSE OF HUMANITY'S NEGLECT TO OUR PLANET AND OUR THIRST FOR GREED.  that's what the metaphor was, and has NOTHING to do with anyone here. 

anyway, i know i'll get a lot of flak for this, but i just wanted to get that out in the open with ALL OF YOU that im a 100 percent real, and that i would really appreciate it that you didn't falsely accuse me of anything unless you bring proof. otherwise as king larry would say.....KEEP YOUR FREAKING PIE HOLES SHUT!

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image61
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, fu*k 'em!  In fact, I'm about ready to get my sock-puppet swerve on...  I shall call for my bi-polar friend.........

2. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stevennix, Do not leave and throw away all of your hard work. Here's what my mom would say, and listen very carefully:

Who on this site has ever written you a check? Who would be the member signing that check?
      You came here to work and get paid. The only opinions that count are yours, and the check writer... That would be Adsense. Do not worry about anyone else. You and your check, that's what you came for.

Friends are great, but opinions are like a**h*les. Everyone's got one.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I also agree! smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image64

Hi girls! I am glad to see someone even noticed the advice, lol And thanks for agreeing with my mother. It is about time I do the hub about her. Maybe tomorrow, it will be toward my Mother's day quota. smile She deserves to be remembered, she made me who I am today, literally! smile

1. profile image0
              kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

shoot when is mothers day?

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
                ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First Sunday in May.
                Hey there stranger.

2. AEvans profile image71

You should it would be wonderful to read! big_smile

Yeah I think I can get at least 5 mother's  stories due to her life as a writer, a mother, a wife and a friend. Even as her driving lessons had her going through five instructors in as many years, lol that is a funny story.

1. AEvans profile image71

I anxious please write them, I am looking forward to reading them! smile

Thanks, I had a bit of a rough day. It was great to come in and see you. at risk of hijacking, I am going to read. I'll get started on my mother tomorrow, I am smiling already. Thank you! smile

2. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I always say, "Don't cut off your d*#k to spite your face."

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the only person who accused you of being a sockpuppet was that Iounn chick. best to rant to her instead of us, hmm? and for the record, King Larry was very hostile and threatening and you didn't identify yourself so yeah, KingLarry was a sockpuppet, right? roll

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, you do have a point.  i was i trying to make king larry have the same warped sense of humor as the character flexo from futurama.  where he would say one thing but then say something else.  lol.  sorry, i will admit i did go way too far with that alias.  however, other than that, i hope that doesn't make you angry at me.  as i do  apologize for anyone he offended, as i was merely acting out a part to promote his hubs.  thats all. 

eta: nah, i wasn't ranting or blaming anyone else here for the record.  i was just saying that because before rumors started to run rampant about my identity and stuff.  therefore, i wanted to nip it in the butt asap.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not at all. just making a point about what makes a sockpuppet a sockpuppet.

2. Faybe Bay profile image64

Stevennix, I know this whole thing has been an ordeal. It became a who's behind curtain #1 scenario. For what it's worth, I sent out e-mail to try to keep you from getting hurt, but as things go what is one or two e-mails compared to comments sections and forum posts.

I know you are not a puppet, and you know, and anyone who knows you does too.
          There have been others who left over all of this. Stormy is gone and Pani is gone, Denno is gone. Please, let's stop this now.

I know I am not anybody special to the hub world as I am only 2 months in, but for those who have been here, and for those thinking of joining, this is really bad. It's the reputation of all of us that is at stake, as far as I am concerned.

I think we all need to stop now. Like you suggested the song for my hub, let's just all be friends now.

1. profile image0

yeah, i think you make a great point faybe.  i couldn't have said it better myself.  smile

Big hugs, It may take a while but I am doing hubs, one is sibling rivalry, and the other is what my son calls Trolls, which is the def of said accused sockpuppetry gone bad, (Bad puppet master?lol) any way, they will be up and running. trying to repair the family, so to speak.

3. Sab Oh profile image55
          Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Flexo was dishonest jerk! Nah, I'm kidding, he was great.

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

calm down, boopsy!  we love you, truly, and would never even consider believing any skank who would dare call you a sock poppsy, sock poopsy, sockettpopper, or whatever - (having a little trouble saying sock puppet, since the term has been so overused . . . kooksopper?)  so anyhoo - here's the thing. . . we also love King Larry!  now, I've gone and done it.  outed myself as a ranter lover - lover of ranters, yes indeed.  and also a ranter on my own, and AND a RANTEE@!  damn it.  so.

you are so hot when you are mad, darlin!

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Steven
    You should go to HP staff with lounn's accusations. It's a very serious matter, I think.
    Nobody has said you're a sockpuppet but this hubber lounn. So e-mail  her comments, to HP staff and complain.

Why is everybody so damn fluffy?  Tattletale galore, it seems.......

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

Who is fluffy? And tattletale galore !
        What words!
        sounds very antique and fluffy ! lol

1. mega1 profile image79
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

tee hee!

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image61

Exactly; it does sound that way for the weak folks...ya know, the flagging flanks of forum feathers......

By the way, Tantrum: must be coincidental, but has temporarily lost her asinine "constipated images" of laughter.

I'm sure you know about that !

Actually, you seem less educated with ever verb you take, ever noun you state, and ever pronoun you wish to make.  LOL!  I'm back in Elementary School, with y'all folks..., so lets be simple and eat; bring on the steak!  Ha-ha!

1. profile image0
                ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you read Tantrum's poetry?

Whilst I consider Tantrum to be one of my hubpages friends, she does act like a child on the forum, but that's all good in my eyes... some of her poetry is subliminal....

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

thanks you everyone for your support.  don't worry, im not leaving hubpages.   however, i just wanted to clear the air and let EVERYONE know that im a 100 percent real that's all.  as far this lounn person, i will say this.  i will be contacting the hubpages staff about this. i can promise you all that.

1. mega1 profile image79

seriously, though, you are HOT when you are so mad! !  we're getting out the beanbags, baby.  Don't get mad, they all say, get even!

1. profile image0

lol.  as king larry would say, "I LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIB AND THE WAY YOU THINK!" lollollol

1. mega1 profile image79

Your beanbag awaits, oh King!   big_smile:

1. profile image0

damn straight!  now i'll have to get out my biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggg stick!   lollollollol

2. tantrum profile image59

ASAP

What this person said was very suspicious I must say. I even believed her for a while !!!

1. mega1 profile image79

of course you did, and you also thought I was a Mega1disaster, too, didn't you?  its ok.  I kinda am.   tee hee hee.

lol

sorry,just still living in the land of hysteria!

lol lollol
          And maybe I'm still believing it ! lol

jk

1. mega1 profile image79

or, my dr. says it could just be the menopause

I can't remember, might have lied to her about my age!  teeheeeehee

5. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i would say you are to big to fit on my hand. but that's too obvious. big_smile

1. mega1 profile image79

you don't need anyone funnier than yourself!  really!  that was grrrrrreat!

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why thanks but i've had a few shots and right now i'm somewhere between slap happy and depression. i just wish happiness would stop slapping. big_smile

1. mega1 profile image79

possibly slop hoppiness will stop shopping!

1. profile image0
            Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

way over my head with that one.   ---------
                                                                          smile

1. mega1 profile image79

OR  hop hippiless will sheep stopper popping!

2. mega1 profile image79

she said it for all of us!

6. Supatrupa profile image59
    Supatrupaposted 14 years ago

I don't know you as am new here but am sure you aint a sock puppet so just ignore what people say as it will do your head in if you actually take offense to their crap.

1. profile image0

yeah, that's true.  besides, i already told hubpages staff about it, so now im good.  big_smile  however, thanks for the advice pal.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

Steveixx, I know it's been awhile, but already I have noticed you are the same funny, innovative, creative and participating role that this site so badly needs.

Now enough.  Stop that thinking and if you go it means you care nothing for us, because we need you, I need you.

This community needs you, not just words.

Now put your avatar of the gold award back up and believe in what we all are saying.

I can track you down, have been seen as crazy, do you want me following you?

No.

Love

Kimberly

ps-stay and I'll write lyrics about you

oh, that may be bad, but I'll try OK?

8. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

damn. am I too late again?

well I'm thrilled u ok again.  Truly

9. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Steven -
    I apparently missed all the drama.  But... and here come's my not so nice side... if uneducated, opinionated and pot stirring idiots want to bother any of my HP buddies, then f 'em. 

There's a time for turning the other cheek, and a time for defending your honor.  If you felt this strongly, then I'm sure this rant was well deserved.

PS - I hate T.O. too.  I might just like this King Larry guy.

10. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Steven for the record I never thought you were a sock puppet and honestly I think all the crap about who is or is not someones sock puppet is pointless.

11. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

new Lady Gaga song:

stinky socks stinky socks

rah rah rah rahrah rah
    rah rah rah rahrah rah

stinky finky stinky finky
    socks on top of other socks

rah rah rah rahrah rah
    rah rah rah rahrah rah

go stink socks
    go stink socks

(and on and on, accompanying scandalmongering hubbers)

(here there is a loud percussive solo incorporating triangle, kettle drum, and Lady GaGa's slippered foot)

rah rah rah rahrah rah
    rah rah rah rahrah HAH!

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice lyrics...umm words. lol

1. mega1 profile image79

you like it?  I call it "Sock Song"!

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

BULL!!! You my friend are no sock puppet. They are just jealous of how many cool friends you have and how many great hubs you have written smile

1. profile image0

thanks cw. i appreciate you saying that

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey it's the truth, Steven you ain't no sockpuppet. I remember you saying you did have one but you are mostly using this one

1. profile image0

yeah, that's true, im glad to have you supporting me. although i do have another account. king larry is only created to write about hypocrisies in society.  where as this one is the real me posting about various topics. 

@dao

thanks, i knew i could count on you too.  smile

1. profile image0

ooohhh so ur King Larry? interesting

1. profile image0

why do you say that?  your  not mad at me now are ya?  lol. i only opened up king larry because i always wanted to write hubs about how arnold schwarzenneger is the worst governor in california history and about some of these selfish athletes today. however, i didn't want to be labeled a jerk over it, so i thought king larry could say the things i couldn't or wouldn't i should say.  lol.  i don't know if that makes sense. hmm

1. profile image0

no I wasn't mad...I just didn't know that one was yours lol

1. profile image0

lol. thanks.  lollol

13. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Sounds exactly like a sock puppet to me.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sock puppet or no sock puppet, 229 hubs in 9 months beats 9 in 2 years....

1. profile image0

thanks ryan for the support.  smile i appreciate it.

2. pylos26 profile image70
        pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And your point is?

14. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I believe I like it even better in Spanish:  lol

Lady Gaga nueva canción:

calcetines apestosos calcetines apestosos

rah rah rah rah rahrah
    rah rah rah rah rahrah

finky apestoso apestoso finky
    los calcetines por encima de otros calcetines

rah rah rah rah rahrah
    rah rah rah rah rahrah

vaya peste calcetines
    vaya peste calcetines

(Y así sucesivamente, acompañando hubbers scandalmongering)

(Aquí no hay un solo de percusión fuerte incorporación de triángulo, timbal, de pies y zapatillas de Lady GaGa)

rah rah rah rah rahrah
    rah rah rah rahrah HAH!

15. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

(heaving huge sighs of relief here)

16. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Steven, I always know you are real!

17. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

but how do y'all feel about Larry King?

1. profile image0

don't you mean king larry? lol.

1. mega1 profile image79

no, I mean Larry King, the tv personality - interviewer!  hahaha - when I first saw your King Larry I thought it was a play on the Larry King name - that's why.

1. profile image0

wow, was it that obvious?!?  lol.  i knew i should've went with the nickname trash talker.  however, that just doesn't sound that great.  lol.

18. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

All good stranger?  smile

Stay a while
    A while longer
    Longer than a day
    Day dream
    Dream away

xoxo

19. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Cossette's right Steven, on both accounts. (uh, no pun intended)  Iounn's gained what it (he? she?) wanted -- the chase to begin with you as the prey.

I missed King Larry...you're right, seems completely unlike you.  lol  Love your spunk!

1. profile image0

thanks. i figured nobody would take me seriously ranting about the hypocrisy of society since my last religious forum where i called out people banning others over petty differences died quickly. i figure it was because im too nice, so i figure a rude, cocky arrogant alter ego could be taken seriously if people thought he was a jerk!  lol.  however, i think i may have gone too far with him though.  lol.

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

letting the inner you out?  good for you!  vent a little, laugh a lot and love all the time.  Life is good, sweetie.  Let this all die and soon it will be over.  And ya know that I know it!

1. profile image0

i guess you could say that.  king larry says the things that i would never dare say even if i wanted to.  lol.

1. Beth100 profile image70
            Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

now we all know your other you, so just write as you.  speak up, say what you want without worrying about what others will think or do.  you can only worry about you and your own actions.  most importantly, you have no effect on another's action because what and how that person does/reacts is their own choice.  draw your yellow line and stay behind it.  be you.  you have every right to be you.

1. profile image0

yeah, that's true.  i'll consider it  then.  lol.  thanks.

2. profile image0
            ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But the point is, it was you saying those things as the King was really you. So just don't do it.

3. Sab Oh profile image55
            Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does he wear suspenders?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)