jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

1. adonaimart profile image61
    adonaimartposted 6 years ago

Is marriage really a business?

1. leeberttea profile image59
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In many respects, yes, it's a partnership with assets and decisions that need to be made as far as budgeting, spending, investing, resources. It's not a business in that the couple that is the business is also the only customer.

2. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

in country i stay ..most marriages , not all are business like...

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, if it is a business for you, don't engage in it, it is not a profitable one.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
          pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

nice suggestion..to elaborate what i meant is that most marriages in my country are arranged marriages where dowry is taken by groom ..now premise itself builds on exchange of money..though we have tough laws against dowry since 40 years , the social evil continues...

2. charlottelacar profile image61
          charlottelacarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, i don't see marriage as a business..its a sacred union of two people who are bound to live together thru sickness and in health

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

it cant be a business because it is not profitable (in terms of money) unless you marry because of money.

There are investment yes like time, effort (but if you love somebody you don't call it that way).

You will be rewarded by the love you received and the love you give.

There are benefits in the long run and studies have shown that marriage is helpful to both in terms of shared wealth, extended longevity (specially for men) although there are exceptions.

There are those who stay together until they die and those marriages are always inspiring.

3. ar.colton profile image91
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Doesn't feel like a business to me, although it does have a lot incommon with a buisness. A rectangle is not a square even though they both have four sides and four corners.

Marriage is a commitment, a desicion, a gift, a life-long challenge!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, it's giving one self to another for life
      to have children
      to bring up children
      It's a sacrament. (what itt should be)

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

There are people who treat marriage as a business.