Update on Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Traqqer profile image67
    Traqqerposted 13 years ago

I seen a few posts on earnings. As I've been on here for a few months now, I'd like to ask for another round of earnings update to see how I compare. I do very little promoting and backlinking of my articles/hubs. I have 62 now and have been earning in the neighborhood of about $2-3 per month which I understand is on the low side. Would love to hear how others are doing. Thanks!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not bad, you are at least earning something. Best of luck. Wait few more months.

2. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's my unofficial survey,

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

Your results so far are not out of the ordinary at all for the short amount of time you've been using the site.

Traqqerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the surveys!

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say even if you make hubs everyday for a few months, your income will be in low dollars. Once you reach payout, the second is usually faster.

I am hoping I can reach payout again this month, but if my CTR continues to be so bad I am not going to.

Statistically, if I had a average CTR, I would reach payment this month again relatively easy.

I think I am getting reoccurring visitors to my hubs....maybe

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Anywhere in between $100-200 per day on HP. In fact I had a record HP day a few days back - $225 and change. Not sure if anybody can beat it smile

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice one! One I day I will beat it, but by then you'll be on $500 a day, lol lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just got you beat. $234 big_smile

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Don't feel bad traqqer, it took me 12 months to get my first payout.  You have to keep writing and finding out which hubs gives you the most clicks.  I've noticed that once I've crossed the 100 hubs threshold that the clicks were coming much faster.  It only took me three months to reach my second payout and my third payout looks like it can be reached in less than two months so don't be discouraged.

And I'm only talking Adsense.

Amazon, depending on your product mix can be quirky.

Traqqerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I'll wait a few more months to see how it goes. In the mean time, I'll work on some more hubs.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I can report that my second click has arrived earlier in this month than the last one. 

I shan't be writing a hub about this one though.

Feel like an old timer now.

1. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've now sold my first plastic crap from China via a hub page.

Amazon is paying off wink

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

woot.

edit: actually - well woot.  well done.

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

*crying*

and me, and me, and me...

wait, $197 out of those $225 came from one hub. Can you beat this? tongue

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I earned about $700 in 3 days from one hub smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Impressive. You have Misha beat as well.

2. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*crying waaaaaaaay harder*

you beat me here Susan, hands down smile Grats again smile

3. lakeerieartists profile image63
        lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice job to all of you.  smile  I am getting there, about $66 per day.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Good grief no. You got me there.

I would like to bet you put as much time into that one hub as I put into mine though.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IDK Mark, it all been setup on autopilot a while ago, and I don't really put any time into it for at least several months if not a couple of years smile

Wait, scratch it, I had to spend a few minutes on it a couple of months ago when HP changed their policy on a number of tags without announcing it, so once I learned about it from others I had to go through all of my hubs and bring them into compliance. Takes a lot less time with just 20 hubs, ya know wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Oh - I know. Takes me a long time when the roolz change. As they tend to often. big_smile

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I'm a happy camper! I made it past four bucks!!! big_smile

7. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

OK guys ,with your mega bucks stuff.  You wait till gay hamsters goes global - then we'll see whose laughing.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who're you?! hmm

I'm a troll.

edit: Sorry klarawieck. I mean I'm a fellow hubber.

1. profile image0

Ah! We have a problem here... too many Marks! What can I call you instead?

I hadn't thought about an alternate ID yet, I've only been here a short while.

Call me Susan.

1. profile image0

Done!

I'm Klara, also known as the Good Witch of the South! big_smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78

Too many Susans smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78

Yesterday I made $20 if that makes it better

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't wait to see that happen!

4. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As soon as the word gets out that they are contagious, I KNOW it will go viral.

5. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so funneee!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image78

Start posting status reports that you love gay hamster videos and that it will raise awareness on some social topic and hope for it to go viral smile

8. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I earnt $1,540 from one hub in a day once...shame I was dreaming at the time though lol!

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg! you really got me!!! lol my jaw hit the floor!!!!

9. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Give me a few years, like 4! I may earn $200 a day by then.

But then, you great earners may be on the $1000/day mark.

You Lucky hardworking guys and gals. smile

1. David 470 profile image81

200 dollars a day would be over 60,000+/year

10. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 13 years ago

I'm not a mega earner, but I make about $200 a month. I'm not the best at SEO and am doing this mainly as a hobby, so I'm happy with that. It gives me a little extra to spend on vacations and stuff.

11. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

Well nice to see I am not to far behind you, I have been reading though it is bound to pick up the more you hub!

12. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

Last month I made around $40 and the month before that around $60 and that is with Amazon and adsense combined. It's enough to motivate me to try harder at least. At first I was just making a few bucks a month too but I say keep on going and it will get better for you!

13. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

By the way, it is obvious that Hubber Score is influenced very little by earnings.

In fact, I don't think it is influenced by anything.  I think somebody at HP throws darts at a board and that's your score until they throw your dart again.

1. Aficionada profile image78
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chuckle!  What a clever and devious way to point yours out, PCunix!  Congratulations, of course!!

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wasn't thinking about that, actually. I was thinking that Misha and Mark would have much higher scores if that played any part in it.

2. David 470 profile image81

LMAO, that would be funny if that were true, maybe it is???

14. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I've had back-to-back $400 months and it's only the 8th and I have $200 already this month.  So, if this keeps up, Dec should beat Oct and Nov.  Would love that to be $200-$400 days!

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

awesome! smile

15. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I'm at $2 a day on adsense. I really need to make a bunch of hubs and work on a lot of my old ones. Ohh well, too busy right now. In due time.

I am about 17 dollars or something. Have not been publishing hubs this month due to hunting season and school.

PPC has been good, but CTR stinks.

16. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

I'm half way there for Google payout and have been here 4 mths. I started with a few cents a day, but it's slowly been getting to 2-6.00 a day and I have already got an Amazon payment ready to come too!
    So exciting! Love HP!!!! smile

17. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's so cool to know that as long as I keep plugging along there'll be months ahead where I can earn several hundred dollars a month and then a thousand a month. Amazing.  Thanks for the good news guys.

18. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I was so depressed this morning that after a whole month, I have ZERO earnings.  So now I feel a little better.. it is quite normal.  Congrats to all who are receiving their monthly paychecks!

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Rosie cheer up smile
      It took me 9 months to earn my first adsense pay check (July this year) and since September I've made payout every month. Yesterday was my biggest day here at Hubpages with $70 in the one day (averaging a little over $30 a day - including Amazon).
      I've always felt I lagged behind other writers. I have never written a hub that has 'gone viral' as they say. But still the earnings keep climbing.
      This'll be you too soon if you just keep writing smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, if you are a laggard with your 310 hubs, I must be moving incrementally.  And I've never had stuff going viral either.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A good third of my hubs are pretty useless as they were not keyword researched.
          The big advice here is to write about what you know about, but you can write about what you know about and still make money if your hub is optimised for search engine traffic.
          It took me 100 hubs to learn about keyword research, The sad thing is that some of my best writing is in that first 100 that rarely gets viewed.
          One day I will rewrite them to optimise them, but it would mean a complete re-write because their urls are awful, and we all know they can't be changed.
          I still tend to write about things people aren't actually searching for. But only occasionally smile

You are doing great! Onwards and upwards! This thread is proof to the newbies that there is indeed money to be earned here.

2. Wendy Krick profile image64
        Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is so true Izzy! It actually took me 18 months to get my first payout. So far this month my average is $60 a day. So I just keep making hubs. smile

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  I beat you, Rosie!  I made 2 cents my first month. lol  Of course I didn't know how to find that out and thought it was 0 for several more weeks....

19. dilipchandra12 profile image64
    dilipchandra12posted 13 years ago

hhmmm thanks for sharing guys... am at 8-10 $ a month....

20. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'm averaging $10/day this month, from Adsense & Amazon.

I had my first payout of $200 from Adsense last month and I expect to get $300 or so at the end of next month.

How much are you averaging with just adsense?

I would like to make 10 dollars per day. I had a record day of 8+ last month. I hope this month pic

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On Adsense for this month I'm averaging a minimum of $5, up to $7.50.

However I logged in today and had to blink - I'm up to $12.20 for the day!

Amazon is up to $52 for this month and that's without the $235 item shipped!

21. vanchen profile image69
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

About 20 - 30 a day right now (between adsense and amazon).  Just over 200 last month and on pace for around 500 this month.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)