Worst Movies Of All Time!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 76 discussions (151 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I need y'all to post in movies that you think really sucked. I mean the truly horrible ones. One movie per post - rules is rules.

High School Musical

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That movies sounds so bad I didn't even watch it.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

don't even go near it. That stuff will make you puke! No kidding.

2. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gia was the worst movie I ever saw. It was an early Angelina Jolie film (before Girl Interrupted, in which she was great!)

3. profile image51
      tron612posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every movie after 1989 has been Crap our directors and producer
      know nothing of how to make a good movie they think they can just put in a celeb and call it good well that is a bunch of crap
      I won't even go to theater anymore why spend all that money just
      to find out I should have stayed home I wish we could make them hear us and understand they have to make good movies if they want good biz.

1. profile image0

Dude, I feel your pain. I realize these days there're way too many phony movies being put out. And it gets worse year by year, no kidding. But thanks to guys like Scorces, Ritchie, Tarantino, etc we can still relive the glory of the old days.

4. stephanie mclain profile image60
      stephanie mclainposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't even bring myself to watch this one. Love musicals, but couldn't even enjoy the trailer.

5. america's eyes 18 profile image61
      america's eyes 18posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hannable lector was horrible the only good part was when he ate soebodys face other tha that it's goood enough to put you to sleep

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Far and Away with Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise.  Awful movie.

1. profile image0

I agree - couldn't finish it.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I walked out of the theater.

2. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more. But will try to think of a worse one of my own.

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guess reality must really be subjective.  I thought Far and Away was one of the best movies I'd ever seen.

For "worst", would have to go with Houseguest.

3. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

A close toss up between Angus, thongs and perfect snogging and Date movie...OMG B - A -D

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Waterworld

5. Laughing Mom profile image60
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

A River Runs Through It

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whaaaaaa???

2. profile image0
      jami430posted 14 years agoin reply to this

joke??

My vote is for Sweet November with Charleze Theron and Keannu Reeves. Sick.

6. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Silk

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Perfect Storm

8. spiderpam profile image73
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

Catwoman, The Spirit, and Bring it on 234

1. profile image0

C'mon Spider. One movie per post.

9. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Killer Tomatoes!!

10. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Meet the Spartans.  That movie was so bad... I mean it is literally the worst film I have ever even partly seen.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I could not make it past the first 5 minutes

11. RKHenry profile image65
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Toxic Avenger

12. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Disaster Movie (2008)  Watched 10 minutes worth.

13. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Worst movie was Ms Congeniality with Sandra Bullock

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This was a cute movie, admit it!

14. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

The Postmaster. Its sad really that Kevin Costner keeps making these bad movie choices. And he directed it, too. Can you believe that.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree...dullest movie ever... A friend and I got free tickets to it...they were overpriced.

1. profile image0

free tickets overpriced...that was funny!

2. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol love it !

2. LiamBean profile image78
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it was called "The Postman."

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kevin Costner has also made some very good movie choices. "Message In a Bottle" is one of my all-time favorite tear-jerkers!

15. Keny Luger profile image60
    Keny Lugerposted 14 years ago

Freddy Got Fingered. Whoever put money into making that movie should leave the planet. I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

1. profile image0
      jami430posted 14 years agoin reply to this

false. hilarious movie.

1. Keny Luger profile image60
        Keny Lugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

joke?

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love that movie, one of the funniest movies ever. smile

"Ohhhhh, look honey, our boy's a genius! He's rigged a pulley system so he can eat sausage and work on his stupid drawings."

I still stick with 'Perfect Storm' as worst movie ever, although I've seen a few stinkers recently: Rec, Wanted, Benjamin Button.

3. LiamBean profile image78
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Freddy Got WHAT?!?!?! Sounds nasty.

16. profile image0
    Greta Lieskeposted 14 years ago

I Know Who Killed Me with Lindsay Lohan...I knew it would be bad going into it, but couldn't resist. I was right. Horrifyingly bad.

17. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

My vote goes to "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". True nonredeemable schlock. They were trying to capitalize on the hype for the truly but unintentionally awful and awfully funny cult-classic,"Plan Nine From Outer Space", Boris Karloff's last movie. All they succeeded in doing was create a truly BAD flick.

18. Kelsey Tallis profile image63
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

Silent Hill.

It was supposedly a horror movie. I saw in the theater because a friend wanted to see it. The whole audience was laughing by the end. Definitely the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater (although I admit it had some interesting special effects).

And... "A River Runs Through It"? O_o Um, no. Brilliant book, definitely at least a decent movie...

19. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Troy. Brad Pitt mugging for the camera in a toga. Does not work.

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image63
      Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Troy was certainly not a great movie, but I thought Orlando Bloom was much sadder in it than Brad Pitt; but then, Orlando Bloom, pretty as he is, is not a particularly good actor...

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the whole thing.  Pretty boys mostly mug mug mug for the camera and can't act.  Also have no charisma in the way of, oh, say Clive Owen, Hugh Jackman...even Christian Bale.

Am I the only one who never would have chosen Brad Pitt over Aidan Quinn in a River Run's Through It?  I mean, ewww--even if Redford tried to portray him all wild and poetic and part of the American West in his own mold.

1. moposan profile image56
          moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what about Brad Pitt as a gypsy guy in The snatch by Guy Ritchy?

1. profile image0

No Brad Pitt ever.  He cannot act and he thinks he's tooo cutesy. Yuck.

2. moposan profile image56

And he does act in Burn after reading.

1. profile image0

The point I made is I do not like him.  Did for 2 minutes in Thelma & Louise, then he became too aware of his own prettiness (which is not attractive & prettiness not attractive.)

nothing wrong with a little bit of healthy narcissism;)

2. moposan profile image56

I havent even seen it.watch Snatch and burn after reading u might like him then

1. profile image0

Nope.  Never.  Yuck.  I may like the movies, but never the actor in question.  Very, very poor box office substitute for the real thing, Robert Redford, who had talent, looks, charisma, and vision.  Healthy narcissism is one thing - clinical narcissism another, wink.

3. moposan profile image56

What about Di Caprio in Departed

1. profile image0

He's growing very well as an actor, and into his looks.  lol  Used to be a pipsqueak!  Haha

Are you bored or something?  Retired, maybe...?  Gotta go answer some other posts now...

4. profile image0

I pretty much think an actor loses his talent when he becomes too aware of his 'prettiness' too. But I hardly consider Brad Pitt in that light. He's just fitting the role he's giving. His role in Snatch is his greatest in my opinion. Dirty, grimy and bereft of phoniness.

20. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Didn't see it, but I'm guessing Mariah Carey's "Glitter" runs a close second to that one that Britney Spears did.

21. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Did anyone mention The Last Samurai yet? Horrific.

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oi that's one of my fav movies !

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HOOOOOOOORIBLE

2. marshall92 profile image67
        marshall92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really liked it too.

22. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

Is this about movies that have artistic aspirations but turned out to be the worst (think Waterworld or Demi Moore's Scarlet Letter) or movies that do not have pretenses to be Oscar-worthy and true to form are the worst out there (think spoof movies and "serial" horror movies)?

I mean it is one thing to critically bomb when everybody has high hopes and another to actually deliver a bomb that everybody expected cool

1. profile image0

Yeah Cris, I agree with you. I dont think spoof movies should be placed in the Worst movie category - I mean, that's the whole point of a spoof movie - to totally suck i.e. A stupid version of the really great movies. They don't count. What I have in mind are those movies aimed to garner acclaim or even awards. Those movies you would expect better from, maybe cos of the actors starring in them or the guy directing it, etc. Something like that.

23. profile image49
    keeleybestposted 14 years ago

Waterworld

24. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Catch and Release

Adrift

25. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Biggest pile of overated crap was " No Country For Old Men "

1. profile image0

I dont agree, badcompany. I think NCFOM is one of the greatest movies ever made.  There's just something about the movie that kills me. Its cold silence. The villain. The no musical score style adapted for the entire movie - never been done. I dont know, maybe its just the Director in me talking.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO WAY that one was good...I love the end...now, 3:10 to Yuma sucked...

1. spiderpam profile image73
        spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I loved the remake they filmed in AZ. Bale and Crowe were great in my opinion. smile

26. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

sensei, I agree wholeheartedly ... although I can't give it a proper review since I fell asleep both times I tried watching..

27. tksensei profile image59

Lucky you.

28. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Battlefield Earth.

Dutch tilted angle hell.

29. darkside profile image63

Stealth.

I felt sorry for the North Koreans in this movie. It seems that illegally entering a sovereign nation is alright if you're an American and killing nationals to save your friend while in the midst of this illegal act is courage.

30. darkside profile image63

Troy

31. darkside profile image63

Alexander. Since when did Macedonians have Irish accents? Even Val Kilmer put on an Irish accent.

32. darkside profile image63

Superman Returns.

I had to miss out on the last 10 or 15 minutes. I never felt the urge to find out how it ended because the rest of the movie was full of suck.

33. darkside profile image63

Limbo.

This was probably a straight to video release. The ending would have been clever if the rest of the movie didn't stink so bad.

34. darkside profile image63

For the record, I enjoyed Starship Troopers.

If you enjoyed Starship Troopers then make sure if you see a DVD of Starship Troopers 2 for sale anywhere you pick it up, put it on the ground and stomp on it repeatedly.

That movie had two things going for it.

2. profile image0

I did that pretty much. I stomped on it. Picked the pieces up again. Re-molded it up again, then stomped on it again. I cried all thru the process. A heartbreaking moment in the history of sequel making!

35. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm trying to remember the name - it was a fairly recent one and way over hyped in my opinion. Eternal Sunshine of something or other. Fell asleep at the cinema. Only woke up because someone was ticked off with my snoring.

My daughter was a bit cheesed off as well come to think of it.

36. darkside profile image63

National Treasure 2.

The slightest whiff of a mysterious clue has the main character pulling theories and anecdotal evidence out of his arse. Which is what happened in the first one, but while it was mildly entertaining the sequel pushed the stupidity to new heights (or is that lows?).

37. darkside profile image63

The Mummy 3.

They took a bunch of loved and fun characters and made them wooden caricatures of themselves. And how did the (now grown up) kid get an American accent? Between his mother and uncle and the English education he shouldn't have sounded anything like his dad at all.

1. profile image0

Brendan Fraser as much as I think is a nice guy. Will never be taken seriously if he keeps doing phony stuff like making movies like Mummy 3. No kidding.

38. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Darkside - I do hope you have an alternative way to watch all these films. Otherwise you're spending a ton of money on a load of crap.

Maybe you should become the go-to guy for what movies not to see. And claw some of your money back.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankfully it's spread out over a number of years. Otherwise it would have been a terrible weekend.

39. darkside profile image63

Ghost Rider.

Nicolas Cage has a problem. When he goes to sleep he becomes this apparition that goes out and kicks bad guy butt. He doesn't remember anything about it when he wakes up.

Is that really a problem?

I missed the last 5 or 10 minutes of this one too. After the big ride with the previous Ghost Rider, I got so bored it hurt my head. Sam Elliott's last ride was an anti-climax. It was like "What the hell? You should have stayed at home".

Who knows, his character may have played a pivotal role right at the end because he decides to turn up, but I was over caring and switched off the DVD. If it wasn't a rental I would have smashed the disc.

40. gusripper profile image40
    gusripperposted 14 years ago

The worst are the commedys with eddie murphy and his talkings with the animals,

41. darkside profile image63

Twilight...

A billion fan girls get all excited, and over what? I took my wife to go see this movie. She hated it more than me.

I could hear the girls behind me hold their breath in parts. I'm sure I heard one of them whisper 'oh my god'. And that was for a scene which involved Edward Cullen looking at Bella.

When I mentioned to female friends who had gone ga ga over the movie what a let down it was (and they had highly recommended it) the response was "Oh, but the books are sooooo much better". Female friends in their 30s and 40 I might add.

After seeing a few choice extracts of said books I can see why Stephen King considers Stephenie Meyer to be a terrible writer.

I think I know why women of all ages love the books. Stephenie Meyer writes in a way that they all did when they were 12 and talentless.

1. profile image0

As a writer, you see I rarely call other writers talentless cos frankly I dont think I'm that hot. But with Stephenie Meyer? Thats a different story. Plus if my man Stephen King thinks she's wack, I have to agree, too. But she gives me courage though. If a lowly skilled writer such as herself can get big movie deals like she did. Then there lies great hope for us!

42. moposan profile image56
    moposanposted 14 years ago

have u actually seen the movie(snatch)?

43. moposan profile image56
    moposanposted 14 years ago

I dont really like fight club but he is  stylish there.

44. tksensei profile image59

You seem to have an anger issue. Why not watch a movie and relax?

1. profile image0
  45. tksensei profile image59

The personal attacks are really petty. Try to take it easy.

1. profile image0

OK. Simply, you did not understand the context of why that was written the way it was. 

Now, will you please stop following me around?  Thank you.
      Have a good day (Country Women style).  smile

Oh I understood it completely, thank you.

1. profile image0

Right.  Were you around these forums, oh, say 7 months ago?

Don't answer that, please.  It was a rhetorical question.  Thank you now very nicely for not following me around now, OK? 

I did ask them not to ban you--but to give you a warning.  And I know many others have reported you.

So again, thank you very much for the conversation.  Have a good day, smile

Do what you like, just try to control that anger.

1. profile image0

I feel no emotion but annoyance.  Same as many others.  Sorry, as I know from that other forum, YellowWorld, or whatever, making people upset and threatening them physically is your thing.

I had to work an event for our restaurants yesterday.  That's why I'm here right now.  Don't you have anything else to do?  Seriously?  What would you do if your wife or kid knew you behaved like this on the internet?

Then try to control THAT emotion if you can.

So, how about bad movies?

46. Dolores Monet profile image96
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Lita, just don't answer him and he'll quit bugging you - it's your response that he's after. I thought this was about bad movies. OMG this is turning into a bad movie.

1. profile image0

You're right.  smile

47. tksensei profile image59

What is the ratio of bad movies to good?

48. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it involved fake LV scarves and a herd of sheep.  It was banned in some countries.

49. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OK, actually the worst movie I have ever seen was one I watched with one of my exes.  It was a classic Georgian (former USSR) film...was it "Svani?"  Can't remember.  OMG is it horrible.  They really take 'artsy' seriously.  So that is so disjointed and clashing I couldn't even give a decent synopsis--or even impression.  And I like abstract art, wink.

50. Dolores Monet profile image96
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Ron, that's a whole new thread - describing bad movies to see if anyone knows what you're talking about.
    Bad movie - Dogville with Nicole whats her name with the real pale skin. Supposed to be arty but stinky instead.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)