Bacon Question #2 - What are 3 of your most favorite meals with bacon?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (43 posts)
  1. philzgrill profile image64
    philzgrillposted 13 years ago

Mine are the following:
    Bacon Avocado Hamburger
    BLT Sandwich
    Bacon beans!

2. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

BLT
    Mac and cheese with bacon bits
    Baked potato with bacon bits and melted  cheese

3. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 13 years ago

Bacon and Eggs
    BLT Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich toasted with a touch of mayonaise salt and pepper
    Bacon Buns

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit

wilted spinach salad

BLT sandwich

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Grilled bacon-wrapped corn on the cob

New England clam chowder with gobs of bacon in it

Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich

philzgrillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Irohner, now that's an interesting idea, corn wrapped in bacon?  can you elaborate more?

6. profile image49
    deans0430posted 13 years ago

Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon
    2 english muffins rubbed with olive oil garlic thyme and red pepper flakes, topped with sauted shallots and spinach, top that with BACON, poached egg, and finally a couple of shavings of parmesan cheese.
    oh yea and third your classic BLT

7. cardelean profile image85
    cardeleanposted 13 years ago

bacon wrapped shrimp and bacon cheeseburgers

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

I love bacon in so many ways but the following are three of my favourites:

Chicken breast fillet, topped with sun dried tomato slice and basil leaves, wrapped in bacon and casseroled for half an hour at 375F/190C.

Similarly, firm fleshed white fish wrapped in bacon and casseroled at same temperature for around twenty minutes.

Bacon as part of a big fry up, with sausages, egg, black (blood) pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.

I am now off to raid the fridge...

1. profile image0
      Wife Who Savesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What time is dinner?

2. philzgrill profile image64

Gordon, I'm not familiar with blood pudding.  i've heard many people talk about it, but what is it and how is it prepared?  Thanks, Phil

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

18.00 hours, wife who saves! smile

Hi, Phil

Black pudding/blood pudding is made with principally oatmeal, spices such as nutmeg and pigs' blood. I know it sounds disgusting but it is in fact delicious. It is very popular here in Scotland and in the North of England, where it is known as black pudding.

In the USA, it is more commonly known as blood pudding but the essential basics are the same.

When it is prepared, it is usually stuffed in to a casing (like a big sausage) and sliced. The slices are then fried or grilled.

Gordon, thanks for all that.  I have heard about the dish as my dad's buddy from college has some friends in Scotland, and it's one of his favorite dishes.  I can't say I've tried blood pudding and not sure whether people in the U.S. eat that dish or not.  I've never heard of any friends nor run into anyone that makes the dish, other than those in Scotland I mentioned.  Do you bbq it like a sausage?  Thanks again for enlightening me on this dish.  Best, Phil

You're welcome, Phil.

I suppose you could bbq it but I wouldn't recommend it. It is usually sliced prior to cooking and would probably disintegrate to some extent. It is usually shallow fried or grilled under an overhead grill indoors.

Through friends, I know that blood pudding (as it is known in the USA) is available in both New York State and North Carolina. Assume it will be available elsewhere. May be worth a few different Google searches.

I searched here to see if I could find a supplier that delivers to the USA but they all have a warning saying that they are not allowed to deliver outwith Great Britain due to the laws governing international meat distribution.

If you can't find a supplier, find a local butcher who'll make it for you, e-mail me and I'll send you a recipe for him. It might very well catch on and you can build a Hub promoting it! smile

9. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I love bacon.....

10. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Seriously -- take out the blood pudding and I'm sooooo there!

Blood pudding/black pudding is something where the concept alone turns many people off. If you get some properly made blood/black pudding, it is absolutely delicious! I promise!! smile

1. MailaCarter profile image61
        MailaCarterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi gordon,

I am here in US but I am from the Philippines.I know most Americans do not eat blood pudding. In the philippines its called "dinuguan" and i always cook it here in US. It is really delicious.

Hi, Maila

Glad to hear you enjoy it. Yes, it is absolutely delicious. It always makes me laugh to know the number of people who eat it but don't actuially know what it's made from! smile

11. To Start Again profile image70
    To Start Againposted 13 years ago

BLT
    green beans with bacon
    and Bacon cheeseburgers
    I love bacon smile

12. profile image48
    ShortStoryposted 13 years ago

Okinomiyaki

13. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Bacon egg n cheese sandwich

Bacon cheeseburger

Bacon wrapped shrimp with cheddar and jalapeno.

14. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

Bacon pepperjack cheese burger
    BLT
    Pasta with cut up tomatoes,crushed garlic, crumbled bacon and drizzled with olive oil.

15. profile image0
    Rouillieposted 13 years ago

Eggs.
    Crumb Noodle (it's a German thing)
    Canadian with pineapple on pizza.

16. filleatomique profile image60
    filleatomiqueposted 13 years ago

bacon with pancakes, egg and maple syrup. to die for!!! tongue

17. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Bacon wrapped bacon
    bacon salad topped with bacon bits
    bacon stuffed bacon     smile

18. MailaCarter profile image61
    MailaCarterposted 13 years ago

Baked bacon-wrapped asparagus...

19. cheapsk8chick profile image44
    cheapsk8chickposted 13 years ago

I think all of my dishes have bacon in them:
    Red Beans & Rice
    Baked Potato Soup
    Bacon-wrapped Smokies

20. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Creamed spinach with lots and lots of big bacon bits.

21. Matt Ridley profile image61
    Matt Ridleyposted 13 years ago

BLT w/ cheese
    Impossible bacon pie
    bacon wrapped pretzels

22. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

bacon and eggs, bacon cheese burgers, bacon wrapped chicken

23. yes-in-dede profile image59
    yes-in-dedeposted 13 years ago

Bacon spag bowl,
    Bacon, beef stew with dumplings,
    Bacon and cheese scones x

24. ultimatekboxing profile image59
    ultimatekboxingposted 13 years ago

Chicken and soft cheese wrapped in bacon
    Asparagus wrapped in bacon (spek is best) and covered in breadcrumbs, then fried
    A good ol' bacon sandwich

25. Matt in Jax profile image59
    Matt in Jaxposted 13 years ago

1. BLT + turkey sandwich
    2. soft taco shell + crunched up bacon + kilbasa + cheese + sour cream
    3. Bacon + pancakes + lots of syrup on both

26. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

For me it has to be as part of a Full English

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Joy-of-a-Fu … -Breakfast but failing that there is another British Standard of the Bacon Buttie.

Which is two slices of White Bread, (Might as well be non health white if you are frying everything else) spread with either Tomato Ketchup or HP Brown Sauce, and at least three rashers of Back Bacon, not that wimpy spreaky crap.  For extra enjoyment add a fried egg and or sliced mushrooms.

Another tasty variation, toast one side of the bread under a grill, flip it over and place slices of a good melting cheese like cheddar, add a couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce to the top of the cheese and grill that until it bubbles, remove to a plate add the bacon to complete the sandwich.

27. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

BLT with fresh tomatoes only

Spinach salad with bleu cheese dressing/real bacon bits

Omelet with cheese, mushrooms, scallions and bacon.

yum, now I'm very hungry.. and we have no bacon!

28. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Eggs with bacon.
    Green peas with bacon (and eggs)
    lettuce salad with fried bacon.
    Hmmmmmm. I think I'm becoming bacon meself.

29. aslanlight profile image64
    aslanlightposted 13 years ago

Bacon quiche, bacon sandwitch and fry up with extra virgin olive oil.

30. eatlikenoone profile image61
    eatlikenooneposted 13 years ago

I mainly just like eating bacon straight up or enjoying in soups like a bean soup or a split pea.

31. chefsref profile image67
    chefsrefposted 12 years ago

I only have one for you

Candied bacon! Natures most perfect food, protein, Fat, Sodium, Sugar, cholesterol, Nitrates and Nitrites

Grease a baking pan
    Lay the bacon out side by side, not overlapping
    Sprinkle with brown sugar, coat all of the bacon fairly heavily
    Bake at 350 degrees until the sugar caramelizes and the bacon is cooked.
    This will stick to the pan so it has to be removed while still hot.

This makes a wonderful hors d'oeuvre if you add a little cayenne to the sugar you get sweet, spicy and salty bacon, Yum

32. kingis profile image66
    kingisposted 12 years ago

I just love bacon period.  I love bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

33. Baker Haley profile image61
    Baker Haleyposted 12 years ago

Any kind of bacon sandwich
    Or bacon as a side with eggs
    I love bacon so much but hate making it.

1. galleryofgrace profile image73
      galleryofgraceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All of tthe above plus German Potato Salad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)