Is life beautiful or a disaster?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (44 posts)
  1. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Why do some have the reality that life is beautiful while others have the reality that life is a disaster?

1. Sassypoetic profile image59
      Sassypoeticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God certainly intended for life to be beautiful, just as Adam and Eve lives were.. So once they sinned against God, everything became a total disaster.. Until The heavenly father Jehovah make changes, we will have to deal with life changes... With prayer and faith life can be as beautiful as you make it..

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't speak for others please. I accept that your life is a disaster, but mine is certainly not. Could it be because I don't believe in sky fairies? wink

3. Prakash T profile image60
        Prakash Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great answer Sassypoetic! I wanted to give exactly the same answer..

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life is bueatiful, perpetual, growing ,for good.

Who have not seen this do not yet know life, therefore the opposite will be their reality.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First thought on this (without reading much, just first impulse).....

I find beauty in disaster (you know a volcano blowing its top is somewhat beautiful, a raging lightning storm is also amazing to behold). I am not sure what all interpretations people would have for that. My feeling is that my life is beautiful, warts and all tongue

1. Prakash T profile image60

What about the living things that fall as prey for the disaster. Is that beautiful too?

4. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

Life is beautiful; that is why one cares for it so much. One should face the troubles and disasters boldly and come out successful.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

5. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ying yang- thats life.

"As much as I laugh I must cry,
      Simple rules of this game before I die."

"At times I feel like a master,
      The on the other hand an utter disaster." smile

1. profile image49

Yes like that the see saw of life goes on.

Thanks

1. mohitmisra profile image61
          mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True parsurrey.

"At the end to death I must go,
          Finishing a real tragic and funny show."t

6. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life has ist's ups and downs , but its what you want it to be - if you want it to be a disaster then, it will be - I just went through (and still am somewhat) a major disaster in my life - so I guess you could say - like the song says - every day is a winding road - take the positive out of the negatives and life is absolutly beautiful with a few bumps along the way smile

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like Einsteins's perspective. 'reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.'

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And lunch time doubly so. big_smile

8. kennynext profile image75
      kennynextposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can find beauty in life and all over the world. you just have to be looking for it.

9. profile image0
      MrMidNightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In response to the topic i say life is always 50, 50 because no matter who you are, we all have our ups and downs.......

10. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you are given a big juicy steak enjoy it, if you are given a bowl of beans enjoy that to

1. Paradise7 profile image69
        Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same thing, it's always some of both, and try to stay on the "up" end of things.  The people who have a beautiful life have made it so by being positive, walking with the light.

1. profile image57
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

amen you said it right

11. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My life was always a disaster until I realized how beautiful and diverse it is. Filled with every range of emotion and so many experiences. Good and bad are almost irrelevant when you consider that you can't appreciate good without bad.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

My guess would be that it is because everyone's reality is different. My life is not the same as yours.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

It's all about individual choice and perspective.  I choose to see the beauty and therefore the world before me is beautiful.

It's all about what you make it. It's always your choice.

1. Prakash T profile image60

yes, its all about how you take things that happen to you in everyday life..

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's like seeing the glass half empty or half full. I think it's always better to be on the optimistic side.

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

It's like some people are born in a ditch with a donut and others are born in a mansion up on the hill with a golden spoon -the question is, um.  what?  Is this a religious thing? or . . . what was the question - why?  oh.  because God loves some of us better I guess.

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

KCC and Flightkeeper share my own philosophy here.  Life is what you make of it and your own perceptions and attitudes can turn nearly any situation into disaster or beautiful.  Even the death of a loved one can sometimes be beautiful and good if you choose to make it so.

7. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

I can't believe no one has said it's a "beautiful disaster" yet.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wanted, but then I saw that girl's post and it distracted me yikes

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

darn...I was going to say that!!!

4. lightning john profile image60
      lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats exactly what I was going to post!

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It has already been said. Don't you guys read all the posts? smile

5. profile image61
      tommyjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that sums it up.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Those seem like extremes, both of which can exist in life.
    You know -- some days/weeks/years you're the pigeon, and some days/weeks/years you're the statue...

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Jimmy Buffet gave the perfect description of life in "He went to Paris":

Some of it's magic; some of it's tragic.

1. wychic profile image83
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but it's been a good life all the way." My husband's Buffet-stolen mantra smile. I agree that it is a choice day to day...while none of us can stop tragedy, what we do with it and how we learn to overcome it is our choice, and to what degree we let it overshadow our lives is also our own choice. No one can make anyone else happy, you just have to decide that you want to be happy and focus on the positive things in your life.

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Both, sometimes simultaneously! smile  sad

11. Sunnyglitter profile image82
    Sunnyglitterposted 13 years ago

I think that life is both beautiful AND a disaster.  I don't see most things in black and white though; there's always a gray area.  Without pain, there would be no beauty.  If that makes sense.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, sometimes a disaster in your life can illustrate just how great the rest of your life is.  Without the clouds, how would you appreciate the sun?

1. profile image49

Hi friends

I agree with you; tribulation are a part of life.

Thanks

12. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years ago

We humans are also like an engine of the train. When the engine made by the engineers, it was designed perfectly well. The engineers designed it to pull the coaches and it is very useful for many people. It was doing its duty faithfully until it rammed in to another train. Many passengers were happy with the engine and reached their destination when it was working ok. The power which was used to operate the engine is also useful. When it derailed and fall into a pit, we cannot blame the engine or its fuel for the fault.  We cannot blame the engine or the power which make the engine work. Whether it is electric power or diesel or coal power, it is perfectly good. Till the engine run on the tract as per the signal it is useful and good. When it goes off the track or jump the signal, it create damage for itself as well as others.

13. _cheryl_ profile image82
    _cheryl_posted 13 years ago

...because each persons reality is exactly how they choose to see it. Regardless of truth and facts in life, the individuals mentality ultimately decides whether or not to accept it as a disaster or something beautiful. Why someone decides to see things one way or another is a result of all of their past thoughts and actions they've chosen to take.

1. _cheryl_ profile image82
      _cheryl_posted 13 years agoin reply to this

...btw, Iife for me is absolutely beautiful! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)