How can we save the world from global warming?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image55
    usmankhan1posted 13 years ago

This is a very serious issue which i wanted to raised among all the people who are member of Hub Pages. We can suggest some new, useful and good ideas about how to save the world from global warming.

What are you waiting for ? please let's get started and save the world.

Post you suggestions!

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We can't.  Climate change is an inevitable, and normal process.  To think that humans, who have existed on this planet for a mere fraction of a second compared to the age of the planet, are capable of irreversibly destroying it is absurd.

That isn't to say we aren't doing damage, because we are.  That also isn't to say there isn't anything we can do about the damage, because there is.  However, climate change will happen anyways with or without us.  That isn't an excuse to destroy freely, just a slap in the face to the egocentric humans out there that think the Homo sapien is so terribly important.

What can we do to stop destroying everything we touch?  Shove moderation down the throats of the greedy.  Replace what we use.  Forget about capitalism for a fraction of a second, and realize we already have greener, more energy efficient methods, but they just cost more.  Why?  Supply and demand.  If everybody started using them they wouldn't be as expensive.

But no, there are so few people who are willing to sacrifice convenience for long term longevity.

What can we do to cease the destruction?  Change human nature itself.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hate to say it but as well intentioned as you desire may be,  you are wasting your time here on this site because the vast majority of responses you will get will try to say Global Warming has nothing to do with them because it is a Natural thing and we don't need to do anything.

Nothing to do with the population of the world being 7 billion, nothing to do with the increase of Carbon in the atmosphere, or deforestation destroying the lungs of the planet in fact nothing to do with mankind at all.

What they really mean is 'Sod The Planet' if it means they have to sacrifice anything to save it, their cars, their world travel, importing un seasonal foods or any other creature comforts they take for granted.

Indeed why should they, most of them will be dead and gone before it becomes a really serious issue....

Let their kids sort it out !

2. profile image50
        gentleblokeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life is too short to waste it replying to you neo-luddites trhat accept 'global warming' as a reality. Try 'a google' on 'climategate' to see just how naieve you are!

3. profile image0
        Rhysjcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally I think efficiency is the way to go. There's very little chance that the majority of people will use fewer resources and recycle more, but if people can buy the same technology which uses fewer resources, then they will. For example, if someone looking for a new PC can buy something high quality which also uses minimal electricity then they are likely to buy it for a number of reasons. More and more gadgets are being released which operate on batteries, which I personally believe is more efficient, especially if the battery is rechargeable.

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your good intentions.
        I for one -apparently most here agree
        don't think we can or we will.
        If we COULD....people aren't trying hard enough
        Can we? probably not
        The only hope I could offer you....well, read my hubpages on
        why it's logical to pray to Mary. (meaning that's my only offer of hope.)
        have a nice day!

5. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what are we saving the world from?
        I'm as serious asking this question as you are in asking yours.
        Do you have an answer for me?

6. John for truth profile image60
        John for truthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's amazing the brainwashing that is able to convince millions upon millions of people that the earth is heating up as a result of carbon dioxide. It's absolutely rubbish! There are periods of warming as well as a period of cooling. The "global warming" scam is just a bunch of lies and is a true conspiracy. Emails have been captured that prove this to be fact. It is called "Climate Gate" look it up!!!!

Al Gore is a scam artist!

He uses more energy than en entire city, read about his wast in consumption. He's been accused in public and he still keeps pulling off this illusion.

The earth does warm, but it's due to the SUN, not cow farts, The plants need the carbon dioxide. They put give off oxygen when they take IN the carbon dioxide!

1. Merlin Fraser profile image60
          Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suspect that answers such as this that come from the

"DO NOTHING EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT CAMP!"

This has more to do with a desire to convince yourself that nothing is wrong so that you can carry on with your Do Nothing style of living and allow your Government an excuse also to do nothing.

How can you deny that a world population of 7 Billion people, and the amount of Fossil fuel burnt over the past 150 years is not having an adverse effect on the atmosphere ?

The other question I have is , How come all the forum message writers who agree with you that there is nothing wrong all seem to live in the USA ?

1. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Zoinks! Good observation...scary observation.

1. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why scary? smile

2. Jane Bovary profile image85
          Jane Bovaryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a scientist but I ask myself... which is more likely...climate change is real and it's very probable that  humans are dramatically altering the composition of our climate? Or that the vast majority of the world's climate scientists who endorse this view are lying/misguided or involved  in some sort of mad global conspiracy to frighten the human race?

The  bulk of outspoken climate sceptics or deniers or whatever you wish to call them do not produce peer reviewed scientific papers  -they are not climatologists at all. Rather they tend to be attention-seeking media-manipulators, well-funded vested interest groups, conspiracy theorists,,  right-wing political think tanks and those who appear to have a paranoid  fear  of "one-world government". The number of climate scientists who 'doubt' climate change is extremely small.

Climategate was an embarrassment for those involved and indicates a need for transparency in all scientific research but attempting to discredit an entire scientific field on the basis of it is not genuine scientific scepticism.

1. illeagle profile image60
            illeagleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of what the truth is about climate change, is employing governments to de-industrialize and depopulate the world a more preferable option than to slowly melt the polar ice caps through carbon emissions? From my understanding, most of these 'conspiracy theorists' are more concerned with their liberty being compromised by an issue that cannot be resolved by lawyers and politicians, some of whom stand to profit abundantly from climate legislation. I know. That's preposterous to think that there are greedy people in government. There is also great motivation for scientists to distort data because they are getting paid to prove climate change is real and their jobs are dependent upon it. If there is no plan for a world government, then what was Bush Sr. and all of these other leaders talking about when they mention a 'New World Order'? What is the goal of the United Nations? WORLD GOVERNMENT!

7. profile image0

Petition that the lights be turned off in stores when they are closed.

1. peterxdunn profile image59
          peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense.

8. Freeway Flyer profile image81
        Freeway Flyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are lots of things we can do to improve efficiency, but I don't think that it will be enough. (Particularly with rapid economic growth in places like China and India.) I'm just hoping that the scientists who question human induced climate change are right. Or maybe the forces that create periodic ice ages will come back and everything will balance out.

9. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...the answer is simple...we can't. Study "precession" on google.There is no doubt humankind is adding to the "warming" but in the main it's just a natural earth axis "wobble."

10. britneydavidson profile image61
        britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try to avoid using vehicles if distance is short so that we can atleast reduce pollution.

11. peterxdunn profile image59
        peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To reverse global warming we are going to need a serious technological 'fix' and a comepletely new 'resourced based economy'. At the moment we have a world economy that must keep growing to work - this is unsustainable.

Here is my contribution to the 'technological fix' part of the equation.

Follow this link and download the pdf.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2292492 … -749k?da=y

I would welcome any feedback anyone may have on my ideas.

12. profile image0

Put it on ice! lol

13. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have an idea! Let's assign an arbitrary cap on carbon emissions. Then let's assign arbitrary carbon credits to projects that save emissions. Then lets sell those savings to others that can't stay under the arbitrary cap! We can trade the credits on the market and pass the additional costs onto the poor! We'll stimulate the economy, drive the stock market higher and force the porr to use less energy! It's a win-win for everybody... and this will actually give the illusion we're doing something without us having to do anything!

1. kerryg profile image84
          kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, many environmentalists strongly oppose cap-and-trade for pretty much the same reasons you outlined. It's just a scam to relieve the middle and lower classes of yet more of their money and pass it on to make some Wall Street banks even richer.

The fact that cap and trade is a scam does not mean that global warming is a scam, however, any more than that guy who turns up on HubPages occasionally claiming you can cure cancer with hot peppers means that cancer is a scam.

1. lady_love158 profile image61
            lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe global warming permanence has been proved and surely no one can say with certainity that it is net bad for mankind.

14. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suggest we outlaw frozen drinks like Slurpees and Margaritas, ration ice to just two cubes and a little whiskey should be good for everyone.

I mean really, while Marie Antoinette could let them eat cake and Michele Obama screams NooOO, they can only have salad; can’t we all just get along and drink scotch.

Save the Ice I say.

Please pass the Bottle

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Ask William, Doug, Ralph, and Kerry - they'd love to talk about it. lol

3. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 13 years ago

Global Warming is basically raised due to excessiveness of Carbon Dioxide in environment. The main reason of Global Warming is cutting down of trees. We human are utilizing the natural grown trees and plants and not planting new trees.
      Its totally our responsibility to keep clean our environment from such problems which are effecting our future.

There are so many factors involved in Global Warming. Weapon testing is also the main one. Many countries are testing nuclear weapons which are creating biggest problems.
      Lack of Proper planting is also main cause.

There should be the policy to plant at-least 10 trees per person at any cost. Plants absorb CO2, within 2-5 years this Global warming can be controlled.
      Well, we never take responsibility that we are behind it...

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you please provide the link to carbon in a nuclear explosion?

Carbon dioxide naturally rises in line with the Earths temperature, shown in countless graphs where carbon rises occur after temperature rises.

Sorry boss tongue

The earths relation to the sun is in my opinion teh biggest factor to global warming, this cycle has been predicted on many occasions, and the earth is well known to be emerging from a mini ice age.

The good news is that judging from historical occurences we can look forward to increased growth in crops, and a growth in human prosperity!

Human carbon emmisions are estimated to be less than 0.5%, that's 0.5% of less than 200 parts per million.  Methane on the othe rhand, well 7 Billion bodies create a whole lot of methane, the good news is that with methane the PPM is even lower.

4. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 13 years ago

By giving our best to nature

5. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years ago

sh!t happens.

6. worldgrandeur profile image59
      worldgrandeurposted 13 years ago

By stoppimg America first bcz the produce 20% of the global pollution, then, turn to the green ideas like depending on the wind and sun energy.... there are many steps but who's listening?

7. rlaframboise profile image58
      rlaframboiseposted 13 years ago

Yawn. Media caused alarmism and you guys just eat it up.

We have had ice ages, cave men didn't drive SUV's to end them.

It's all cyclical.

1. profile image53
        qddposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really?  Climate change is all just a fabrication of the media?  Wow, and here I was thinking that it was the evidence from my own climatology research and that of my colleagues that had convinced me that we are changing our atmosphere. 
        Given the air of superiority your comment reveals, perhaps you would be so kind as to share the reality-shifting evidence that has allowed you to penetrate the haze of media alarmism you speak of  (evidence that has so far eluded 98% of the world’s scientific community, I might add).  I’m most interested in the explanation of your simplistic statement “it’s all cyclical”.  I assume you are referring to the combined impacts of eccentricity, obliquity and precession.  Given that we are still 20 to 30 thousand years away from the next combined cycle, I am intrigued by how you can explain the current change we’re undergoing, given that it falls outside any cycle patterns that influenced past climate change.
        It’s quite remarkable how so many brilliant people around the world can be so wrong and complicit in perpetuating this climate change fraud, don’t you agree?  I look forward to hearing from you about what’s really going on so that we simple-minded dolts can put our minds at rest.  After all, I’d hate to think I might actually have to take some personal responsibility and make some changes to my lifestyle.

1. profile image0
          American Tigerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First, you'll need to substantiate all this "current change" you speak of, qdd. ALSO "evidence that has so far eluded 98% of the world’s scientific community," as it turns out. If all these Wizards of Smart were so able to predict Climate, why can't they tell me what temperatures will be in a month, with any semblance of accuracy? Or how Global Warming produces snowstorms in JUNE. (Seattle, June 08, we got 8 inches of cold white H2O falling from the sky.)

Then there are those 13 THOUSAND + Scientists who all signed a petition denouncing the (Stupid, Money Sucking, Economy Crushing, Highly Disputed) Global Warming Hoax, begging American Politicians to NOT sign on to the Kyoto accords. http://www.petitionproject.org/

How many brilliant people did it take to globally propagate and profit from the Y2K disaster, which also failed to produce any disasters?

We all tend to believe whatever you lab-coat & ponytail types want to sell. We believed you about Darwin and his "Tree of Life," explanation about how one single living cell became every living thing on Earth. Up until molecular biology advanced to the point that we can see that wasn't biologically possible, that is.

We believed you about those terrible "holes in the ozone layer." Up until someone pointed out that Ozone is the RESULT of UV being blocked by Oxygen (NOT OZONE), and the holes ever only happen at the poles during their respective Winters. Holes at the Poles can't effect how much UVB strikes Kansas.

So maybe your track record SUCKS when it comes to predicting disasters, and We, the Population of the World, are sick to death of financing your little flights of fancy, Chicken Little.

8. Medical Writer profile image60
      Medical Writerposted 13 years ago

By not buying cheap and rubbish Chinese goods.

1. Misha profile image63

Cheap and rubbish american goods are ok, right?

9. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

die now and save the resources for the rest of us! smile

1. Misha profile image63

The most feasible advice on the topic I ever saw smile

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Misha about this post.  This is the best response on this thread.

10. profile image55
      usmankhan1posted 13 years ago

i think industries and plants should be made outside the residential areas so the global warming will effect less on our lives.

11. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years ago

rain dance, smile in the rain, recycle, save forests and love the planet earth.

12. illeagle profile image60
      illeagleposted 13 years ago

We must give every penny that we can spare to Al Gore and he will save us. Sorry, I meant Allah Gore. Please, forgive me. It's not about taxation or control of people's lives, it's all about saving the planet!!!

13. fucsia profile image60
      fucsiaposted 13 years ago

is a complex problem and the causes are many. But we can not say it is a natural process: the human is responsible. I know, for example, that the intensive farms are responsible for 18% of the greenhouse effect. In fact to allow to all animals to eating cereals (cereals ... not grass!) the human has deforested the world. So: we can eat less meat....

1. Misha profile image63

Did you know that 96.74% of all online statistics is made up on the spot? big_smile

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually its 97.64%.

2. fucsia profile image60
          fucsiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uhhhh... I did not know!! smile

3. profile image0

lol Did you know that the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary?

1. Misha profile image63

Really? That's scary wink

14. Merlin Fraser profile image60
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

You really want a solution to Global Warming then we need to do three things;  Stop worldwide deforestation,  Plant lots and lots more trees and switch off the US of America !

1. profile image0
        American Tigerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! That's the ticket! Destroy the single greatest economy the world has ever known. Take down that bastion of evil which all the rest of the World wishes it was, and sends it's children to be educated by. Completely remove the one country which has single-handedly lifted the Globe out of the soft slavery of Lords & serfs, and given it the concept of "keeping what you produce."

Let's completely forget that America has been the Heart & Soul of all Medical, Technical, and Societal advancement for the last 180 years. Let us forget that America, by virtue of it's purchasing power, has lifted entire countries out of poverty, in the pursuit of their produce.  Let us forget that American soldiers have saved more people from despots and tyrants, and given Hope and Freedom to more people, than any country previous.

Go ahead. Switch off America. Refuse to sell to her, or buy her products, or hire people whom she has educated. Do NO business with anyone who does business with her. Take your little self right out of the American loop.

Your best bet for accomplishing all that will be to go live in the Amazon with some tribe we've yet to discover, but YOU'RE the one who hates the US of America.

1. puebloman profile image59
          pueblomanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

American Tiger

You write such long posts. Its hard to work out what you've got

- no job or no nostrils.

15. DennisWayne profile image59
      DennisWayneposted 13 years ago

Well compared to water vs. landmass we only know that there is 80% body of water and 20 % landmasses , here is where we stand in deep waters sometimes never even knowing it that the landmass is so hot to some of the people of this world they could go like a burning casting of a flaming ball into nothingness and never know it either it depends on who was using your life or abusing your life , Mine is a very simple belief that I will be here someday forever looking forward to being with my true family, be good I miss you Michael Duane Earl Penson, I know you cared some to try and change, Mom would be pleased, Love the other peron not mentioned in her will to go on without a God.

16. Merlin Fraser profile image60

I assume you mean that the word Gullible is not in US American dictionaries it is most definitely in the Oxford English, but there again it is our language after all...

However I do believe the words, Stupid, Arrogant and Blind certainly will be in your dictionary... Even Webster’s book of words...!

1. profile image0

lol you fell for it!  It's the oldest trick in the book! lol

17. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

As well as the words overdone, boring, and tiring smile

The most comprehensive discussion on HP on the topic up to date is here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/9928 . Have fun. smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh... it has a bad word... Socialist! I shiver to the sound of that!

18. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years ago

As long as the sun still shines we cannot...the sun will continue to warm us up on those hot summer days!

19. Merlin Fraser profile image60

Debating with a Fool is a waste of time from which neither shall benefit !

20. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I say kill all the cows, Its that damn methane gas!smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope you are not talking about sea cows! We don't let out methane gas... just the bubbly type. wink

1. profile image61
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Champagne then? smile

1. Diane Inside profile image72
            Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Champagne would be nice, although if that's how Champagne were to be gotten, I don't think I would like it as much. smile

21. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years ago

I think, we can control Global Warming, by having people, disengage from the mad race, for Money and Power.

For its more and more money, thats generating all the Frantic Human activity, and this, in turn, means, more and more Industrialization, economic warrings, and eco-system Plundering by the greedy.

Therefore, by reducing the Pace of this Money orientated Insanity, we will certainly be able to revert to the lost era of Human Contentment and Peace.

22. Jane Bovary profile image85
      Jane Bovaryposted 13 years ago

Good luck with that Shahid...

illeagle, actually it's far more lucrative to be a scientist on the sceptical side of the global warming debate. Dirty energy companies and anti-climate change action groups have had a history of showering scientists who are willing to argue against climate change with money.

Most funding for climate-change research comes from government grants which are doled out before the results are known.  Besides, a scientist who would fudge results for money would quickly lose credibility...or are you suggesting that ALL the scientists in the field of climate-change are corrupt?

Many politicians have used the term 'new world order'..including Woodrow Wilson and Winston Churchill. It's supposed to refer to the balance of power as well as collective efforts around the world to understand and address global issues. If there  really was a secret conspiracy  of uber-rich, uber-powerful meglomaniacs out to rule the world then they wouldn't say it out loud would they...?

I have no fear of 'one world government'...which is really just a right-wing populist movement. I can't see it happening. The rich capitalists in positions of power are far too interested in making profits to want to massively rearrange the system and upset the apple cart..

1. illeagle profile image60
        illeagleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have never been to a Bilderberg, Club of Rome, Trilateral Commission, or Council on Foreign Relations meeting. I don't know what they really talk about. I have never seen their meetings televised nor have I ever seen any meeting minutes disclosed on the internet or anywhere else.

When money no longer satisfies, power becomes the aphrodisiac.
        It is my understanding that global depopulation is a major goal of the 'elitist' crowd. That is why I am concerned with this whole man-made global warming debate. If indeed I am correct about their desire to depopulate, the climate change issue plays right into it and can be used as a tool to manipulate populations to beg their governments to act, while the legislation that is passed will only target the middle class and pardon the 'fat cats', thereby consolidating even more wealth and power into the hands of the few at the top of the pyramid.
        Another concern is how man-made climate change creates this attitude of justifiable anti-humanism within those who believe in it. This is incredibly dangerous for everyone. The basic thoughts behind it are that humans are bad for the planet so they should die (as some of the posts on this forum indicate). When people in positions of power have this attitude, can you imagine what type of actions they will justify. Call me paranoid, but you won't catch me taking any flu shots!

23. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Educate conservatives?

24. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 13 years ago

Plant trees - billions upon billions of them - and stop cutting down the ones we have.

Stop plowing up grasslands to grow grain to feed livestock and start feeding livestock the grass again.

Build walkable/bikeable towns and cities and improve public transportation for longer trips and areas like mine with horrible weather nine months of the year.

Improve building and design standards to increase energy efficiency.

Improve clean energy technology to power the rest.

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

25. Tusitala Tom profile image68
      Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

The theory easy, introducing it in practice...well, impossible without an all powerful draconian world government.  And what would this government do?   Chemically sterilize nine out of ten men and women, reduce the world population to a comfortable 500 million or so poeple instead of 7 billion, and come up with some way to ensure it never climbed above that mark.

Within a few decades the world would restore itself, in all probablilty, back to the more pristine way it was a couple of hundred years ago.

The 'elephant in the room' that no one seems to want to look at is human world population - we're over running the place!

26. Yuki92 profile image68
      Yuki92posted 13 years ago

There is no global warming, the proper term is climate change. There is definitely something happening with the climate, but I'm darn near sure this isn't a result of humans. This doesn't, however, stop humans from marketing and taking advantage of a natural occurring event.

Just like cancer funds, many companies and industries are making 'anti-climate change' funds and making billions off it.

However, in a double twist, we could say humans are causing climate change, but not because of carbon dioxide which we breathe, and which every living thing on this planet produces, but from Haarp (weather controlling system in Alaska). However, this is a conspiracy theory to say the least.

But, if you research it, haarp is real, it's just the motives and what its being used for that are the conspiracy theory.

Also, and this was in the news, Bill Gates has started the funds for a 'climate change' prevention system. Or a weather controlling machine to negate the effects of climate change. This to me already brings up red flags. The weather isn't to be tampered with no matter the situation.

That's just my 2 cents.

27. Jesusjohn78 profile image66
      Jesusjohn78posted 13 years ago

Birth Control is the most effective way to reduce green house gas emissions.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/e … 922245.ece

28. PierrePierre profile image61
      PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

We you must go to the root of the problem which is man in this case and man is a very destructive greedy species that uses all the surrounding resources no matter what the cost, so thus if to solve the problem, we, as man, must make some very drastic changes. Right?

1. NCBIer profile image60
        NCBIerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Education is part of the answer to this and many other major problems we are facing today. Having a solid, well-rounded education (not just about global warming) would help people become functional and valuable members of society and the world in general. Just my opinion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)