Channels of God's Grace

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (212 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

It is the privilege of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ.

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Privilege or natural state of being

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet God never communicates anything, because He is imaginary.

1. profile image0
        rommergrotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can personally confirm that He is real.  Only a fool believes in his heart that there is no God.

1. getitrite profile image71

You can't personally confirm anything except maybe delusion. 

And who are you calling a fool? 

It is the believers who are the fools.  You have no evidence whatsoever of your alleged God, yet you boldly state such trash.

Blindly and slavishly following the writings of Bronze Age goat herders, puts you in no position to call anyone a fool.

Religion definitely causes a mental disconnect with reality.

Yep being mentally detached always helps

That's absurd.

Why?

What would be the point?  What kind of "experience" would that be?  NOTHING!  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Yes thats exactly it. That is the point. Out of nothing, there is something except you cant find that something unless you experience the nothing. Weird huh?

2. Bianu profile image60
            Bianuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am healthy wealthy and wise and connected to God and all his creations. I am calm and balanced. He makes me so. I am delighted by how calmly you get through life when you acknowledge your maker.

2. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You cannot confirm god as real - there has never been any proof of its existence to provide confirmation.

I know there is no god and I object to your arrogant claim that I am a fool - I guess those bits of your novel that you don't like you just ignore huh - like the being humble and all that stuff.

1. profile image52
            haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is proof, you are the proof, you are no accident , you are wound-fully made. The world is proof, who made it but God. You are not a fool, you just believe in man more than God.

Your reasoning is flawed.  Please don't assume that just because we exist, that there is a God.  That is nothing but conjecture.

Please provide some REAL proof.

Imagination cannot be proved only experienced. And so it is with God.

1. profile image0

Absolutely, god is only in the imagination.

And what a powerful thing it is don't you think?

Delusions can only be experienced.  And so is the delusion of God.

Trying to prove a point, but not providing any proof is nonsensical.

Agree, delusions even of God can only be experienced. Whilst imagination or delusions can only be experienced, the results of imagination is highly evident and right in front of us. The results of delusion can also come to manifestation in different ways.......

Depends what proof you are talking about, physical, intellectual, spiritual?
                    The wind exists we know but we cant physically see the wind we only see the effect of the wind.

It also depends if one is trying to prove a point and I have nothing to prove. There is a difference between sharing a point of view and trying to prove a point. Your understanding is yours and mine is mine.... so be it. No harm no foul.

2. profile image0
                Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you feel that opinion and conjecture will suffice when I requested REAL proof?

This has been debunked and dismissed already.

1. profile image0

________
                    LOL BY who YOU?

2. profile image0

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you prove god isn't Satan in disguise?

3. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't trust your "personal confirmation" - I very much doubt your relationship with God is anymore than mine was - one-sided

3. pennyofheaven profile image78

Wow you are so very close. Imagination is how the whole of creation was created. All that exists...even..the computer you are typing on was created by imagination.

Whose imagination?  And provide some proof to validate your assertions, if that's not too much to ask.

We could be here indefinitely providing proof of whose imagination created all that exists, here are just a few examples which I am sure you know of already.

Zonrad Zuse - 1st programmable computer
              Christopher Sholes - Typewriter
              The Wright brothers - Airplane
              Alexander Bell - Telephone
              Alexander Bain - Fax
              Thomas Edison - Light bulb

Each of these inventors first needed an imagination to create what they created. If no imagination existed there is nothing to create.  Unless you know of some other way they were created? I am open to hearing your view if there is.

A misunderstanding in communication--

I was asking you about this sentence that you wrote, not the whole paragraph:

"Imagination is how the whole of creation was created."

Yes we know that Edison and the other inventors invented these products, but what do you mean by the "whole of creation?"
                Because man did not create the universe.  It wasn't man's imagination that created the universe.  I'm asking you, Whose imagination was it?

Oh yes so it seems. Sorry about that.

If imagination created the things we know it has created. Would it not make sense that this imagination has created the universe. It also stands to reason it has an infinite potential to create more. What exists today in our world would have seemed so impossible many centuries ago.

This imagination,  some call it God some call it the infinite potential, or the nothingness. Our culture calls it the parentless.  Doesn't matter what we label it or how we choose to describe it. The power to create or destroy exists when certain conditions arise.

What conditions existed when the universes were created I don't know, I wasn't there as I know me today. So I couldn't tell you whose imagination it was.

4. mandy1313 profile image58
          mandy1313posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is not IMAGINARY

Do you have proof?  Then let's hear it.

2. profile image0
        Rare Jewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen, I agree. smile

You agree?  Well heck, if you had just posted earlier we could have avoided this entire discussion!  Well, I suppose this thread is over!  LOL!

3. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please continue...I'm waiting....

3. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years ago

If you want to know God, don't keep asking for "proof". NONE will be forthcoming.
      He DID promise that those who "seek Him, with all their heart WILL find Him".
      Fools, indeed. hmm

When will you understand simple reasoning?  You are asking that we all have rigid blind faith in something we can't detect with any of our senses, lest we be foolish, indeed.

If I told you I owned a bridge on the planet Zolton, would any of you believers be foolish enough to purchase it?

This is what religion is tantamount to, yet you are calling someone else foolish.  This is  EXTREMELY ABSURD!!!

1. aka-dj profile image65
          aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guessed correctly! big_smile

You are NOT a seeker, just a cheap critic. sad

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or perhaps he has an answer and you just don't like it?

His answer is just that, his!
              I can live with that too. It's his, after all.

No Sir.  You called me a fool.  I simply defended myself against your unprovoked attack, now you cry foul, the way a psychopathic bully would behave.

Just because I refuse to let you get away with ignorant fraudulent statements, you think you can label me. Your reply to my statement is irrelevant and absurd. 

I would much rather be a cheap critic, than the delusional psychotic, believing in childish nonsensical fairytales--as you would like me to be..

Why don't you actually read my posts, instead of disagreeing soley on the grounds that it does not fit your psychotic delusional beliefs? My posts represent the epitome of logic, yet you look right over that and label me a non-seeker?  A seeker of nonsense is no seeker at all.   

Religious beliefs are pure GARBAGE!

1. profile image0

He still has to take responsibility for referencing an absurd and dishonest insult from the bible.  Since he quoted it, it is inferred that he agrees with it, therefore he is insulting anyone who doesn't agree with his foolish illogical beliefs.

I'd say from the volume of your reply, you are insulting me ten-to-one. I merely categorised you as a non-seeker, thereby being a fool by definition in the Bible.
                  But, unlike you, I take no offence.
                  I hope your "epitome of logic" serves you well!

BTW, if the religion forum causes you such offence, then do yourself a favour, and stay out! It's ILLOGiCAL to place yourself, knowingly, into harm's way.

So if I look up moron in the dictionary and use the definition as a reference to your intelligence, would that be okay with you?  Using the bible to insult someone is no different than quoting from any other book for the same purpose!  No breaks for the believers here, or I hope not for reasons of equality on this site!

So, you think I'm a moron? Or are you calling me one?

Is that coming from your intimate knowledge of me
                      or just a logical, reasonable opinion, from a highly educated, tolerant intelectual?

BTW, was I TALKING to YOU?

Yet another (easily) offended, non-religious contributor to the RELIGION forum.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
              Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, get it right ,Gods word has called you a fool ( if you refuse wisdom)   for correction if adhered too ,but God always calls you (and me) many other names like 'beloved' 'precious' 'blessed' 'destined' there are many other positive titles all with a purpose, to edify,uplift and encourage.

Much better than pulling down, critising or namecalling,dont ya think smile

The same goes for the words of Daniel Webster, who was considered a god to some and has his own book of beliefs.  As long as Daniel says the person is described in the holy dictionary by a particular word, it is okay to use it to insult someone in a post!  Or does this only pertain to a book only some believe in?

2. profile image0

This is what the thread has been discussing - you will only find whatever you think it is in yourself, in your imagination. Living your life to the edicts of your own imagination is extreme arrogance - calling those who don't buy into your personal imaginary god 'fools' just displays that mindless arrogance.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's funny, the Bile speaks of money 7 times greater than heaven and hell combined, not the mystic feeling I get from Jesus. It seems more disgraceful when you think of the money greed and what money has the least to do with happiness.

Imagination is the most powerful tool; it can be used negatively or positive. I can't imagine people in the bible, can tell me how I should lead my life, when their life expectancy is only in the mid 20s . How can they teach me any better than people living in the now, at the age of 80?

1. profile image0

I think you are answering soemone else post - but.  I think that there are loads of good information in the ancient texts about life and society.  When life was more simple in regard to what people understood of the world around them they only had society and personal relationships to think about.  Without the myopiae of religion that debases any meaning by talking of the metaphors as real things - then the information is clear and useful,  as is any other text.

2. profile image0

3. profile image0

the bile for the bible - seems appropriate

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Quite the contrast ,people lived alot longer way back  ,because of diet and lifestyle.

No big Macs way back then -no sir lol

3. profile image0

I sought God with all my heart and didn't find him

4. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

Yes the effect of moving air is wind.  Air is mostly oxygen which may be observed under an electron microscope.  In other words your statement that one cannot see wind is false!  Nothing more!

Now if you can get a god under a microscope and see him looking sternly back at us through the eyepiece, I will certainly be more sympathetic to your conclusions!
      .................................................................................................................................................

Sorry Randy did not have a reply button because we were going right off the page!

Yes if we all had a microscope that is true. I am talking average people who don't have a microscope and only have use of the naked eye. We cannot see the wind but we can see the effects and we believe wind exists. We cannot see God but we can see the effects. We don't have scientific equipment to prove that yet but who will have access to them if and when they do? Only scientists... So lets say at some time in the future they discover the process of God (I didn't say I believed God was a him) and are adamant they have proof. Suddenly God exists because they have the equipment to prove it?

Before microscopes were invented wind still existed.

1. profile image0

actually air is mostly nitrogen, not oxygen.  One doesn't need scientific equipment to know that air exists - can inflate a balloon for example

1. mom101 profile image60
          mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

One doesn't need scientific equipment to know what turns a warm heart cold or what turns a cold heart warm either.

What turns a warm heart cold and a cold heart warm?  And just how do you determine(without scientific equipment) that your answer is correct.

I personally would use a scientific piece of equipment called a thermometer, thus determining that the answer is the temperature.

Using a thermometer is one way. It shows me that the user is not confident enough in themselves to make a rather easy observation.

let me explain: well try to.  First, I can't see how a thermometer can measure the actions of  either a cold hearted or warm hearted person.

Here is an example:  Of a warm heart turning cold

We got a little boy starting school, kindergarten. He is a bubbly little boy. Always smiling, sharing, giving, but he is a little different than the other kids. Some kids make fun of him, day in/day out. As the years go by, the boy now in high school still being bullied, is withdrawn, sad, hardly speaks. He has reported the abuse over and over, only to be punished for "tatteling".....................................

getitrite.     It does not take science to determine what turns peoples hearts cold.

So what are the other methods, if science is not to be employed in the pursuit of determining how one arrived at a cold heart?

getitrite: you believe and defend science to the max. That is fine and well.

But do you think that maybe in some ways that same science is going to be used against us?

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

How is this an example of anything to do with religion?  This happens in situations bereft of any religious influence!  Should we merely ignore delusion in others knowing it may cause even more strife in the future?

3. getitrite profile image71

You have just employed the science of psychology.  I thought you didn't need science to arrive at an answer.

Some do not need outside proof of anything, getitrite! They are simply satisfied by their own delusional conceptions and look no further than what they wish things to be.  Perfect candidates for religious nonsense.  The Jonestown massacre is a perfect example of this type of "blind faith."

Randy, do you agree that it might also be said that the events at columbine were a product of a warm heart turned cold?

My point in this is, instead of trying to tear one another down for what they believe, and causing bad feelings, why can't we channel the energy used in doing that into something progressive?

We are headed for some very rough times. Believers and non-believers are going to have to get along.

Agreed.  But it would be much easier if believers were cured of their psychosis first.

That goes both ways does it not?

You are confusing "hearts" with attitudes, Mom!  One's heart stays at roughly the same temperature no matter the thoughts or actions of the owner.

Those who gave their children the poisoned Kool-Aid were no different than you!   They convinced themselves they were doing the right thing and did not want to face reality! 

Do you think their faith was any less than yours, or is your faith more true than theirs?  How warm was those peoples hearts?  They simple refused to face reality, much as you do when you refuse to look for substantiation of your beliefs other than "I believe because I want to."

My point to any scenario was exactly as you just mentioned. Reality.

It has nothing to do with the actual temperature of an organ.

People get so  overwhelmed with reality that they lose any sense of reality.

People go through hard knocks, bullying, extensive hard times, and so much more that their hearts are hardened.

It is a crying shame that we treat anyone this way.

Humanity? We are losing site of what it is.

Ok, so you have just described some aspects of the sciences of Psychology and Sociology.  I thought you had no use for science in determining anything.  You seem to believe in science to the max.

Once again, this type of behavior has always been around, Mom!  It has nothing whatsoever to do with your god.  You can blame the lack of faith on such actions but you see the same thing from those claiming to be enlightened.  You know, those thinking they are god's chosen who believe others are not right in their own thinking and will go to hell. 

Judging those based on an old novel with no basis in fact seems rather crude when the answers are there for those not afraid to learn about science.

A disturbing reality!

Why do say disturbing?

How can science comfort? We know science can heal, at least for now, but even at that, when they go to altering plant life, anyway you look at it, medicine is bam altered as well.

Let's look at sweeteners for example. Let's say they alter the sugar, put it in sodas, people drink them, and ya know, there is always a little left in the bottle/can. A week later, a colony of ants find the remains and feast on it. 5 or six generations later do you think this has alterd the ants at all?

There are some major scary concerns on the horizon. We have to start thinking for ourselves, and together.

Funny you should mention "thinking for ourselves."  Does this mean denying the facts because they do not fit your delusion?

So I suggest you stop using anything that has derived from science.  You'd be surprised how many things and concepts you will need to give up.

Do you think it would be disturbing if I still believed in Santa Claus as a middle-aged ADULT?

Religion is comparable to an adult still believing in childhood fairytales, and that is disturbing.  It doesn't matter that billions believe it.  In fact, that makes it even more disturbing.

Science can be a great thing. But, if one were to "believe" in only it, that person is in essence putting their fate into someones hands.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

But how was it determined before the thermometer was invented? ,or anything for that matter.

Food for thought,perhaps

Excellent food for thought.

I would be interested to know too.

As an aside;
                Before maps and compasses were invented our people used the stars to navigate across the sea. Some still do.

2. profile image0

this "heart" seems to be a slippery and vague concept - it's not the organ that pumps blood around the body you are referring to. 

Seems to be referring to feelings.  I've learned not to trust feelings - feelings are a delusion

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
              Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I trust my feeling, thats like leading with the  heart, shortly followed by the mind.

Yep, but has your head and your heart ever been against each other or maybe even in agreement?

2. profile image0

I don't trust my feelings.  I am very sensitive to food chemicals - eg salicylates that are naturally present in  fruit - these chemicals mess with my brain and  trigger a depressed mood.  I have to wait for it to wear off - a few hours or a few days depending on dose.  During this time, I don't feel very positive about things or very worthwhile.
                These feelings are not truth.

2. pennyofheaven profile image78

Depends where your feelings arise from. Sometimes they arise from past experience and conditions, other times they come from a place deep inside you. That quiet voice within that often cannot be heard through the noise of our minds or ego if you like.

Logic or the mind sometimes can lead us to believe we have limited strength. Yet given the right environmental conditions, that which is deep within can override the logic of our minds if we allow it to.

Like when a mum who can lift a car to save her baby. Logically her mind will say its impossible but when the mind is out of the way and the heart of hearts rises to the occasion. What was impossible becomes and extraordinary feat that goes against what logic held to be true.

pennyofheaven,  that is so true.

But, the sad thing is, this logic is just not scientific enough for their minds to understand.

The battle that is being fought is not between each other.

This neither can they or do they choose to see.

1. profile image0

which battle are you referring to - spiritual?

2. profile image0

where does the "heart of hearts" originate?  You mean the will?  Intuition?  Attachment emotions? Surely that's in the brain too

baileybear, if I understand correctly, you don't believe in God?

How to explain the unexplainable...mmm.....yes it's there but doesn't originate there because it has no beginning and no end. So I don't know. When looking at a circle can you tell where its starts and finishes?

Yes that is the effect of wind as I have mentioned before.

Cool!  Inflate a balloon with god and I'll be more attentive to your opinions!

How do you know thats not what your inflating it with?

Well, when I finally get it blown up it has big boobs and looks more like a "goddess" than a god!

Haha the imagery is too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

The same to you!  LOL!

This is still provable evidence of wind or moving air.  But so far there is no evidence of your unseen deity, just as there is no evidence of all the many other past gods worshiped over the ages.

Using your logic, is it possible all of the other supposed gods exist?  There is no more proof of them than the one you claim to believe in, is there?

Do you think it possible they exist also?  A gaggle of gods perhaps?

Amazing, for me, this discussion is now merging with another discussion on the same thread.

Evidence of Gods existence or perhaps I should describe it as the effects (to keep in line with the descriptions used so far) of Gods existence can be seen in everything that is manifest. 

No we do not have any equipment that can analyze the process of how we and all things in the manifest were created.

We do however know that much of what is created for mans comfort and convenience came from imagination. Rather than go through the whole dialogue on Imagination again you might want to read it..... or not.

Imagination exists yet we cannot see it. We see the effects or results of imagination and yet some do not question its origin nor do some people contemplate on the infinite capabilities of it. Why? Because its called imagination and not God.

Whatever we label this powerful source of creation (and destruction I might add) will not change its function.

This brings me to your "other Gods" statement. Whatever the different cultures, people, sects, religions choose to call this source  (for me anyway) seem to be labeling the same function.

Delusion often masquerades as imagination!  And because you attribute natural things to god means nothing to any one but you!  I could very well say I see Satan in all churches, but like you, it would only be my take on it.  Neither of us can disprove the other delusions, right?

Right!

I'm glad I don't have any such delusions to try and convince others of!  I have science instead!

Okay if you say so.

I can prove science exists, ya know!  I've got a book!  And if the book says......

lol

5. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Ngetitrite wrote

No Sir.  You called me a fool.  I simply defended myself against your unprovoked attacked,

- - - - --

HMmmm ?

everyone has the right to denial. it's a sad thing actually.

True!  But denial can work both ways!  Denial of the truth, or denial of falsity!

6. Jerami profile image59

Sometimes the religion and phylosophy forums remind me of the story of the three bears ....
           only difference is

Popa bear says YOUR  porage is too cold   AND  ...
      Mama bear  says NO YOUR porage  is too HOT ... 
      Back and forth  and back and forth ...

And baby bear got tired of hearing that crap, didn't care if it was hot or cold...   and ate his/hers then ....
      went out side to play.

Baby bear comes back in later ...  they are still argueing ...    don't matter any more if it is hot or cold cause the flies has gotten to it by then.

getitrite,   do you see anyone you know  in this metaphore ?
      Bet ya can't guess which one ya are playing ?

I think that babybear should go back outside and play.

But if one of the bears has a thermometer, the point is moot, Jerami!

And if the bears can talk, they probably would have no problem obtaining a thermometer!  Sorry, your analogy starts out with an impossibility which adds immediate confusion to your example!

Got anything based in reality to show your point?

That seems to be the whole aim of his assertions.  Most of them are way off point and irrelevant.

Sorry, that's about the best you are gonna get. smile

Dang!  I wanted to hear about Little Red Riding Hood and how the wolf got saved!

Woul ya listen?

Sure, but I wouldn't necessarily believe the tale just because it was in an old book!  LOL!

2. fits3x100 profile image59
            fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok. "Unprovoked attack"... Sorry Mark and getitrite, these Christians did not respond to your posts...in a forum titled atheist anything...and call YOU irrational or Psychotic. That was you. Get that right.
            If you have ever witnessed the birth of anything...and still deny intelligent design, your faith is greater than mine to be sure. Your religion more solidly rooted.
            Read the book of Job...oldest book in the "Novel" . Notice the complete and totally correct description of the hydrological cycle...written by a "middle east goat herder" that wasn't even described in it's completeness by anyone else until the 19th century.
            Notice too the discussion of ice....behemoth...leviathan...
            More and more physicist's are leaning towards intelligent design.
            Agreed, Churches have done more to harm God's image in mankind than all of the  atheist combined. But, understand, not all believers match your mental image, just as not all un-believers match mine...eh?
            Oh yes...the description of "testing wind and finding air is un-empirical at best. Wind is not air. Wind is the force behind or in front of Atmospheric masses segregated by temperature and water content, causing them to collide and move...millions of variables at work... I'm not smart enough to make that happen globe wide...let alone in a little tiny test tube.

But these Christians DID use abusive language, whenever there was nothing but level-headed discussion coming from the nonbeliever camp.  That is unprovoked.

I prefer to think that your mind is not as expansive.

So there is a little truth in a book of profound absurdities otherwise.  This proves nothing.

Is that true, or are you being dishonest like many religionist are?  Could you point me to an unbiased source to corroborate your claim that more and more physicists are leaning towards Intelligent Design?

It's not just the church, it is the insane beliefs, themselves, that are so conflicting.  You are no different from the church.

I think most of us know that.  But some of us would rather be dishonest and pretend that the answer is:  GODDUNIT!

1. fits3x100 profile image59

Foul.  You and your pals have called believers here delusional more times than I can count. I've heard precious little  name calling or sloppy generalizations from their camp towards yours.

2. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever seen a bear holding a thermoter?

They don't in my neck of the woods,  you silly squirl. LOL

And how many talking bears eating porridge have you observed, Jerami?  Your example, not mine!  LOL!  You brought it into the conversation!  Now who's a "silly squirt"?  Doh!

1. Jerami profile image59

I'm guessing that there are at least two of us.

I know there are many more than just two of you!  LOL!

1. Jerami profile image59

NO man ... we are together in that one.

You silly squirrel.

7. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

The discussion about the air and the wind is very interesting. We can't see the wind, but we know it's there. smile I can't see God's face, but I know he is there. Wow! big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! So is the Star Goat. You cannot see it, but because you cannot see the wind - the Star Goat vomited the Earth. Wow! Another Star Goat follower. Welcome. lol

2. Beelzedad profile image60
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is really quite amazing that this argument is still being used as it is almost one of the most fallacious and fabricated arguments believers embrace. And, no matter how much they are shown it to be so, they continue to use it as if in the very next moment they completely forgot what they were shown.

It's hard to believe they aren't arguing that fish float in midair considering they can't see the water through their aquariums. smile

3. Randy Godwin profile image60

How do you know which god you are referring to?

4. getitrite profile image71

Superb logic.  Ok, just because I can't see the Flying Spaghetti Monster's face, doesn't mean He is not there, because I know that he is there?

...and the Pink Unicorn
           Zeus
           Appollo
           Crum
           Hercules
           Santa...

Ramen

Sure, the believers have to admit these all exist too!  Unless of course, they can prove otherwise!

William A. Dembski makes some thoughtful observations. I would suggest reading his work at http://www.designinference.com/document … OR_ID.pdf. I admire your fire. And bless your heart fella's, I've seen a lot more jammin' and crammin' of hypothesis on your parts here then the believers... I'm really encouraged by their patience and delivery...gives me great hope that Jesus has some really decent followers!
            As far as unbiased views go, search the debate regarding origins of the universe at all the sites.

Jammin and crammin meaning BS?  LOL!  And of course, you are not biased?

Your link doesn't work!  Satan's work, unless you can prove otherwise! Doh!

8. Jerami profile image59

@ get it rit  ... A person does not have to be "edjucimcated" to be inteligent.

Last year I didn't even know whut a Enjinere  wuz and now I are one.   Just kidding ...  but you know what I'm talking about.

9. evvy_09 profile image61
      evvy_09posted 13 years ago

It amazes me how many religious people fail to understand Faith means "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence" this is from the American Heritage Dictionary. 
      There is a God but I don't think it is what most people think he is or most religions.  I'm not part of any religions because what I have seen, it causes more conflict and hatred than most anything else. I went to a Catholic school for years before insisting on going to a public.  Funny how the exact type of pointless hatred went on in both schools.
      I am always open to the possibility that I am wrong.  People used to swear that the sun revolved around the Earth but they Were proven wrong eventually. 
      But I do ask that if you are a believer to please, PLEASE stop throwing around absurd proof that there is a god.  It makes believers look bad and it's just annoying. 
      I have found that if someone constantly feels the need to prove themselves, it only means that they are trying to squash that doubt telling them they are wrong.  That last sentence does go for both sides of the discussion.  smile
      But aside from all that, I hope everyone has a Awesome holiday season and is having fun preparing to make 2011 even better!!!

The Church actually threatened Galileo's life because he suggested the Earth was a sphere...They should have read both Job and Genesis...More than a few of the Prophets too described the Earth and planets as spherical...

So, the church didn't read or understand the bible?  Sounds like today!

2. mom101 profile image60

fits3x100, welcome to the hubpages. Glad to see ya in here. Hope your sleeves are rolled up good n tight, the road in some of these here forums get kinda bumpy.

I disagree!  As long as one doesn't resort to using unprovable statements the road is as smooth as glass!

2. fits3x100 profile image59

Thanks Mom. Abortion rates through the roof, broken families(I started coaching Varsity sports in the 90's, 30-40% of the kids were dealing with divorce, this year 2 out of 14 were raised with their bio-parents.) Violence in schools,homes, churches... This is nothing. I appreciate their passion, channeled correctly...it could change the world!

Are we to assume that you know the proper way to channel these things correctly while others of us do not?  Are you from the bible belt?

hehehe...nope. I had my time of persecution at those hands! Man Randy, I wish I had the whole answer to that one. And anyone...not just you or me with passion? Can change the world eh? I'm hopin' all of us here want a better world for our kids than the one we're leaving.

There is no doubt we want our kids to have it better!  But teaching them a mysterious deity is watching them is not the way to go!  They must understand the world and how it really works, not that an imaginary being is running everything!

3. profile image0

please quote the part in the bible where it says the earth is a sphere (and not a circle - which is flat)

10. seanorjohn profile image71
      seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

mark Knowles is into negative marketing. Go on,threaten to sue me. He makes fun of religion and gets loads of traffic.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark doesn't need this forum to get traffic, internal Hub traffic is practically useless to earning money anyway.

Like you know all about getting traffic!  HOO!

3. fits3x100 profile image59

hehehe... arguing about faith for hits! Genius! And Thanks seanorjohn, .. motives motives motives...

I would not advise a newcomer to listen to senorjohn concerning how to attract traffic to your hubs, fits!  I would normally refer to his belief that Mark is trying to get traffic as delusional, but you seem not to favor the word.

yeah...kinda seems presumptuous... for me at least. I don't know anyone here well enough to call them delusional...hehehe... not sayin'

I  did just post on the other thread we've been bouncing around with a question for you re/ origins of the universe and am really interested on your thoughts... If you get time tonight. I'll be back on in the pm tomorrow and touch base.
            Thanks!

I'll surely check it out, sounds interesting!  You are correct about not knowing anyone here well enough to call them delusional! 

But you will, you seem able to separate fact from fiction better than some on these threads!  You might even use the word yourself despite your present feelings! HA!

1. habee profile image93
                habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We don't know anyone here well enough to call them delusional? Well, actually...LOL!!

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Keyword 'Courteous'

Treat one another courteously "Jesus said"

One person believes,another does not.

One person beleives in pink elephants, another does not.( my words)

Thats ok with me,cuz Im a gonna be courteous.

You be you, and I be me. smile

Wise Eaglekiwi...Wise.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Thank you Fits ,sometimes I even surprise myself lol

Welcome to Hubpages by the way!

13. Jerami profile image59

getitrite wrote:

I personally would use a scientific piece of equipment called a thermometer, thus determining that the answer is the temperature.
      - - - -

What piece of scientific equipment would ya use to determine how big a persons pride is?

What would you use to measure how much you love your wife or children?

How many things can we not measure yet determine it to be too much or not enough?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)