Are You a Good Person?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (181 posts)
  1. spiderpam profile image74
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

To find out, Take the test?

Have you ever Lied?

What do call someone who tell a lie?

Have you ever Stolen anything?

What do call someone who steals?

Have you ever looked at a person with Lust(sexual desire)?

Have you ever Hated anyone?

Well According to you own admission, You're at least one a Lying, Stealing, Murderous, Adulterer. You are not a good person neither am I.
    Why?

Well, according to God's Law we have all fallen short of his Glory and to say you otherwise is calling God a Liar. Check out these verses:

Revelation 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 John 3:15  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

But this does not have to be our fate? Do you know why?

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
    This means God came to earth as Jesus to die for all of us for we can have everlasting life, It's a free gift, no "good" deed will ever be enough to repay God. You can't earn your salvation.

If there was a one in a million chance that I'm right isn't worth looking into? Why gamble with your eternal soul? What does really hurt to consider it?

You must two things Repent (ie turn away from your sins) and Trust in the Jesus Christ alone for your salvation. Remember the faith you have in yourself that you were a good person? Transfer that to Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4 "Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more. 2For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus. 3For this is the will of God, your sanctification that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, 5not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. 7For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. 8Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you."
    If has got you thinking, Please don't let another day go by, without a relationship with Christ, because tomorrow is not promised to you. Be Blessed.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thewayofthe … 3&ob=1

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that's my better qualities.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, mine too lol

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I look at my husband with lust. wink

1. profile image0
        ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I look at my husband the same way...That's pardonable.....

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61

I am not asking to be pardoned for it.  I am curious which part of this quiz makes us "murderous"?

1. profile image0

I'm thinking the Ten Commandments here....

Munder is in the Ten Commandments....So is stealing, lying, adultry, lusting,coveting ones neighbor....If we're guilty of one sin in this list, then we are guilty of all.....

And we are guilty, there is no getting around it....Even now, though we are covered under the blood of Jesus, we are still sinners....Good Person now?  Yes, because we are saved.....And no, because of our actions....Confusing?  Yes it is, but if we just remember, that Jesus died for us, then through Him, we are made good....

1. Jewels profile image83
              Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus would be turning in his grave at this stuff.  Guilt - that is such crap.  No-one needs guilt in their life.  All this good bad stuff is so off center.  Very demonic really.

1. profile image0

1) Jesus' grave is empty, and has been since He arose.....

2) Your beliefs are differant then mine, so lets just agree to disagree, and leave it at that....

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
              Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have you been sniffing glue? Because that is bafflingly stupid. If I stole a pair of shoes, I most certainly didn't kill a dude and I most certainly didn't shag his wife (or husband, whatever floats this guy's boat). You can't convict someone of crimes they provably didn't commit, because that's corrupt as hell and evil as hell.

Oh, and I doubt anyone's guilty of "munder."

3. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is infantile claptrap.

4. Cam Anju profile image68
      Cam Anjuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes mom, my room is ALL clean... I didn't shove nothing under the bed. smile

Ummm, dishonest.

Bins of candy at the store, at a 3 year old's eye level, big pockets... what do you think I did?! big_smile

A Thief?

Ewwww Nope! LOL tongue

Hmmm, well, no... I can't bear to hate anyone.

(Hides from other hubbers!)>W< I don't think this test tells you if your a good person or not, I don't think any test could tell you that. A good person is judged on so many aspects that a test just can't judge. Besides, we are all good people, just sometimes choose bad actions... this doesn't make us bad.

5. profile image53
      jacknite3000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

God law does not mean to lie, it means to bear false witness against  your neighbor.  Doesnt imply "lieing" implicily. example bearing false witness for or to help your neighbor. And yes that is a lie, but not fitting the defined role of what the law clearly states. And the commandments make no justification for condeming anyone who sins, even in Matthew Jesus makes a direct quote of what will happen to sins against man.

The Unpardonable Sin
      31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

claiming that just because a person is a sinner  is jsutification for you to condemn them is a gross violation of the law. As christians were suppose to forgive them. pray for them, do good to them,an dlove them as you love yourself regardless. Not Condmening them, Not taking away or attacking their dignity, Not giving or allowing them the same rights that you yourself enjoy regardless of religous or political beliefs. necause if you do any of those thigns to another sinner, you are a hipocrit.

I read an article by this author about  the homsoecual lies. Everything the author claims is biased. It has been proven, human sexual orientation is set in by age 6. Tell me what  6 year old can seriously claim it was a choice? Perhaps this qupte might make it understandable.

“For there are eunuchs who are born thus from their mothers womb,  and there are eunuchs who are made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who are eunuchs for the kingdom of heavens sake.  Let those who can accept it,  accept it.”   Matthew 19:12.

What does a eunuch have to do with homosexuality?  The question
      should be:  What is a eunuch?  According to Webster’s dictionary a
      eunuch is a “castrated man, esp. one employed in a harem.”  Then the
      question that follows:  What is castrate?  “Remove the testicles,
      deprive of the power of generation.”  In other words, a eunuch is a
      male that had his testicles surgically removed which makes it
      biologically impossible for him to impregnate a female.

The definition of a eunuch does not make any sense in the first
      part of  Matthew 19:12.  The verse said “For there are eunuchs born 
      thus from their mother's womb.“  How can a man who's testicles were
      surgically removed be “born thus from his  mothers womb?”  “Born thus”
      does not include anything that involves surgical alteration. “Born
      thus” exclusively includes the way God made him.  The way he developed
      in the womb, physically and mentally. So who is the eunuch that is
      “born thus?”

To find the eunuch that is “born thus” one needs to read the
      chapter from the beginning.  This section of the chapter talks about
      marriage that is an intimate physical relationship traditionally
      between a male and female.  The  last words used in many Christian
      marriage ceremonies is found there, “what God has joined together let
      no man separate.”  It also talks about adultery and divorce.  One is
      the betrayal and the other the ending of an intimate physical
      relationship.

Following this discussion the question is asked,  “His disciples
      said to Him, “If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is
      better not to marry?”  But he said to them, “all cannot accept this
      saying, but only those  to whom  it has been given.”  Matthew 19:10
      and 11.  Scholars tend to think that  Matthew 19:12 speaks of people
      apart from  the normal heterosexual relationships because of the
      question the disciples asked.  The surgically altered eunuch is
      outside the normal heterosexual relationship and is more aptly
      explained by :  “eunuchs who are made eunuchs  by men.”  Then there
      are “eunuchs who are eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake.”  Monks
      and priests who have either taken a vow of celibacy and /or castrated
      are outside normal heterosexual relationships.  But who is the eunuch
      that is outside normal heterosexual relationships and is “born thus
      from his mother's  womb?”

Homosexuality, say Christians, is a lifestyle choice. Homosexuals
      say that it is not a lifestyle choice, it is the way God made them.
      The way they were born.  Since Matthew 19 begins with a discussion of
      heterosexual intimate physical relationships and then tells of eunuchs
      apart from  normal heterosexual relationships there is only one
      explanation of to the eunuch “born thus” refers.

As shown, the  Bible contradicts itself on the subject of
      homosexuality. Leviticus and Romans condemn while Matthew just accepts
      it as a reality.  What are Christians to believe about homosexuality?

In general, Christians believe the Bible is the literal word of
      God.  God inspired Moses to write Leviticus 20:13 and God inspired 
      Paul to write Romans 1:27.  Who are Moses and Paul?  Both men are
      revered in Christianity as truly great men, but despite all they did
      and wrote they are only two human, imperfect, mortal men.

In general, Christians attribute the words in Matthew 19:12 to
      be the actual spoken words of Jesus himself.  Who is Jesus?  Jesus is,
      in the Trinitarian view, the son of God, the Messiah, the Christ,
      perfect, sinless, immortal, divine.  “The word became flesh.” The
      essence of God in the flesh.  Three manifestations of God.  Father,
      son, and holy spirit.  Jesus is the human embodiment in the trinity
      of God.  Then, in the Trinitarian view, the words of Matthew 19:12 are
      words spoken by God himself.

My question to the Trinitarian:  What words are you going to
      believe?  Whose words are you going to follow?  The words of imperfect
      mortal men or the words spoken by God?

What about the Christians who do not hold the Trinitarian view?
      Whatever word or words used to describe who Jesus is, in the many
      facets of Christianity, the authority of  Jesus is greater than any
      other figure in the Bible.  He is the Messiah, the Christ, the son of
      God, or the son of man.  The question remains the same.   Whose words
      are you going to follow?  “He who is able to accept it, let him accept
      it.”  Jesus understood the reality of homosexuality.  Why not
      Christians?

2. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Extremely difficult test for me.

3. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

According to some definitions, "to sin" means to miss the mark, or to fall short. As you also mentioned, anyone of us has fallen short and missed the mark. That, however, does not mean any of us is therefore a BAD person.
    Through God's grace we are forgiven. There is nothing anyone can do to "earn" God's grace. He extends his love, his blessings, his Grace AND his forgiveness freely to us because he loves us, not because of any merit or deserving of our own...and I thank God for that.
    So though I may have missed the mark, or fallen short from time to time, I know I am forgiven through God's grace, and so I am the good person I try to be.

spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, but we must understand that God's grace it not a ticket to sin, You can't say "I'll just steal this shirt, God will forgive me" Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

spiderpam: RedElf never said it was a ticket to sin, you must read it more closely they have said we all have fallen short of the Glory and they are forgiven through God's grace. Redelf never said it was a ticket to sin. I realize you are a babe in Christ but slow down little sister, you are to gather his flock not over extend the word. I do have one question sense you are led in the word, your name does not reflect it. It reflects something devious and mischievous so maybe this is why you are having such a hard time trying to convince others. Your heart is in the right place, but walk it and talk it and lead them back. smile

I was simply adding to the point. My first word was "True, but". I think she got my point. As for my name it was the first thing that popped into my head, I use it often. You can just call me Pam if that's makes you more comfortable. smile

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pam is much nicer you should have been glorious Pam or Gracious One something to that effect as it is much calmer. smile

1. profile image0
              SandCastlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with Spiders; God made them too.

2. profile image0

Amen!!  We all have fallen short of the Glory of God, we are all sinners....And though we fall short, we're fogiven by His Grace....Before we were forgiven, we were considered bad....Now that we are forgiven, we are good....Forgiven by His Grace...

4. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

nice one!!!

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

How dare you yikes

1. profile image0

Awww! Mish sounds upset, lol!!

6. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

OK. Let me take this test:

Have you ever Lied?
    I have taken a call on a Hospital bed and lied to my Dad that I was home relaxing.

Have you ever Stolen anything?
    Stole lots of sweets from my mum’s shop when I was young.

Have you ever looked at a person with Lust (sexual desire)?
    Well, I opened a magazine and Denzel Washington stared back at me, so I kept on staring at him. Thought it would be rude of me to break the eye contact.

I’ve had very good reason to but I’ve forgiven the person.

I understand the message your trying to pass on Pam.  Thanks.
    May God give us the grace to be Good. smile

smile Thanks

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Devil or Angel I can't make up my mind, I acn be good and I can be bad and today is a naughty day.

8. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I am deff Bad Company in both name and person, but what makes you a Good Person ?

9. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I don't look at women with lust, therefore I am a Good Person.

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh right, why didn't I realise that simple Good Person Formula, thank you !

1. Enelle Lamb profile image73
        Enelle Lambposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shame on you bad, didn't you read the rules first?

10. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Have you ever Lied?
    Oh sure.

Have you ever stolen anything?
    When I was little I took a stone from one of those gem stores. It was just so pretty.

Have you ever looked at a person with Lust (sexual desire)?
    Every day!

Nope. I had a perverted teacher once who I truly disliked. I don't know if I've ever felt hate.

To me this is not a test of whether or not you are a good person. But it just shows that we're human and we feel the emotions that we're supposed to feel. And if there is a God he wouldn't attribute these imperfections to being a bad person. It is what you do with those emotions that matter. I've never truly hurt someone or made this world an awful place by lying, stealing, looking, or hating. And I returned the stone by the way.

11. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Oh well, I hear Hell is kinda warm in the Winter smile

1. Joy At Home profile image90
      Joy At Homeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gonna miss you, BC. I don't plan on spending a lot of time down south...I get heat exhaustion very easily.

12. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Chasing spirits with a blow torch?  Get a job...feed a kid...live and let whatever!

13. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

we are born imperfect, so we are going to make mistakes all the time......  in fact probably every day, that is just the truth of the matter...... as I see it

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I heard a new artist today
    New to me anyway (cute voice)

Shoot forgot his name already lol
    ??? Craig

Fav lyrics

God Is Great
    Beer is good
    People are Crazy  smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Billy Currington smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hugsss an thanks colebabie im off to goggle the hunk (hope he is )..oops lust?? ok check the lyrics  lol

Oh my gosh is he ever a hunk. He's gorgeous. I could lust after him allllll day. big_smile

15. profile image0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years ago

No. I am a distressed person. =/

1. profile image48
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwwww big hugs xx

1. profile image0
        Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

-hugs right back-

16. profile image48
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I heard me today, life is good, spirits are great, people are crazy and religious freaks are the first to judge. Me coming from a Baptist family although we were poor and shared a Bible we read about not judging and he who cast the first stone but then I am just a silly uneducated cabingirl so maybe I am just having a silly giddy moment smile

17. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Virtue is way overrated.

1. profile image48

Nice outfit smile

18. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I raised three kids on my own and put up with an abusive husband for 10 years, so I figure, that makes me an exceptionally good person.

1. profile image48

You are the best Cindy and anyone that says otherwise I will pin to the mast and whip them. !!

I believe that is the definition of a great person.

19. Balinese profile image41
    Balineseposted 14 years ago

oh ya-  stole my dad money  to buy candy when i was  kid.  ))))
    i hated someone too-

1. profile image48

Who doesn't hate somebody, jeeez God gave us these people to hate, as for yer dad like me missed the money smile

20. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/105/255131313_4785336571.jpg?v=1184662829

It doesn't answer the question, but I think it's what we're supposed to do on these kinda hubs from now on...

Ain't he cute? smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Adorable

21. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

This is what PISSES ME OFF about religion! Who are you to tell me that I'm not a good person? Of course I've lied to people (sometimes lying is the kindest thing), I've probably stolen things although I don't actually remember any particular occasion, of course I've felt lust (who the hell hasn't) and ye, I've hated one or two people, they deserved it.

But I'm NOT a bad person.  I don't do things out of malice or spite. I try very hard not to be rude or disrespectful to other people (even when they deserve it). I stand up for myself, my beliefs and my friends. I don't ever hurt other people or do things that I think might hurt someone.

AND most importantly, I don't do or not do these things because some questionable higher being says I should or shouldnt do them. I (and only I) am accountable for my actions and I do what I think is right because I think it is right!

The question is are YOU a good person since you only act in a good way because God tells you to and because you want to get to heaven!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well expressed ,but actually being good wont get you into heaven either smile

2. spiderpam profile image74

"There's nothing more important than where you'll spend eternity". It's not worth the gamble. Just think about it. I care about you, and I'll pray for you. smile
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95rAr0gOFU

22. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Nobody is a good person and nobody is a bad person. People are people.

'Good' and 'bad' are the kinds of labels four year olds use.

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depeche Mode! Moral authority if ever it existed!!! lol

I think I'll start adding Depeche Mode song links to all the religious threads that spill over into the Hangout.

23. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

"To err is human - to forgive is not company policy".

Pam's right - my son (recently turned 4) catagories things as "good" or "naughty".

1. profile image0

It takes a mom to get to the bottom of things. smile

24. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Omg I failed the test but heck I am a good person no matter what the results say. smile

25. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

This is my cat China when she was a baby...she's gone now...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/118992776_2b1a591a84_o.jpg

1. profile image0

Awwww.....

26. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Well I'm 100% sure I'll be spending eternity in a brown box about 6ft under, but I appreciate the concern ... sorta. Heaven is not for me. Anyway, I have been assured by many concerned theists that I will get to heaven despite not believing in God (altho I have been told by one that I'm going to hell).

So it looks like I'm in a better position than you as I get the best of both worlds!

And please don't pray for me ... that is so incredibly patronising

I intend to be cremated...no lying around in a box for me...

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spiderpam and other fundamentalists specialize in this sort of patronizing rot.

27. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL I think this will be appreciated in religion forums, too smile

28. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

You have to be kidding.  According to the whole hypocritical mess called the bable.. I mean Bible.  We are all created in gods images so if we are all these things then so is god. 

The greatest liar of all... Jesus. big_smile No, I am sorry, I take that back.  What I meant was christians are liars. big_smile

Jesus is alright with me... christianity on the other hand... by that I mean left. big_smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image69
      jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad there's someone else who thinks this ridiculous. No one seemed t get as mad as I did. I try so hard to be tolerant and understanding towards religion and argue things out logically, but this thread made me so angry!!

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are not the only one. big_smile

29. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

Q. Are you a good person?
    A. No!

Q. Why?
    A. Because I lie a lot!

30. pep1player profile image61
    pep1playerposted 14 years ago

No one is a good person in god's eyes we all have sinned

You may believe that, don't speak for me.

What will it take for you to understand it doesn't matter what you believe. God is real. If you were in a court of law and the judge found you guilty of breaking his laws sentences you to die by lethal injection and you say "Judge, I don't believe in lethal injection." Would that change your fate? NO!
        I can't force you to do anything, all I can do is ask you to think about it. If there was a one of a million chance that I'm right. Why risk it?

1. Misha profile image63

Should it belong to religion forums? Woman, listen to Mark Knowles, he knows your scared texts and does not lie - you are not allowed to preach by your god, you'll burn in hell, sinner smile

2. Colebabie profile image60

Because risking it allows me to be happy and be me. Yeah... I'll risk it.

I'll take that chance with ya, Baby.

3. earnestshub profile image80

Because the risk is zero.How long will it take for you to realize you do not have a monopoly on knowledge. I have read your Bible as I have stated many times.

Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." Read it again you missed the point.

No it is you who is missing the point. Again you assume superior understanding.Fear is no basis for belief.Only a neurotic despot like the biblical god makes threats. God's do not make threats, they do not need to. Frightened people make threats, as those who wrote the bible did. Devine inspiration, and all that comes of it is childish threats..... does not threaten me or any other non religious.

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

"For anyone who has watched television, read a newspaper, lost a retirement to corporate greed and corruption, or just walked outside their front door, it is obvious this prophecy has been fulfilled by our generation.  Our leaders are often corrupt; our cities are filled with crime, brutality, and neon signs proclaiming our sinful, godless nature.  The New Age Movement brings in increasing numbers of mystics who claim to be the enlightened ones.  They are some of the most educated and influential people in our societies, and yet the most lacking in real truth."

The list of mankind's crimes has not changed with religion, human nature has not changed, the human condition remains the same, and yet you still believe in an active participating omnipotent god of today. Where in hell is your god while all this goes on.If you were god, would you not end the suffering instead of making threats?

1. profile image0

earnest, again, touche' my friend.

The answer to the human condition is Salvation through Jesus Christ. You say "threaten" because you have conviction, You feel we might be right but it's too much for you to handle so you run and make up a higher being you are more comfortable with (no accountability, no final judgement, no hell.) It makes the way you live your life much more lax.  You've simply convinced yourself everything is everything. Instead of calling them threats take them as warnings. Read this it reveals the answer to your question on suffering, but are you willing to see the truth. http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-does-God-Allow-Suffering

4. profile image0

Not what I would say!  I reach over the podium and spit in his face. You see cause it does matter what you believe and I just happen to not believe you or the bible unless of course people started calling god by his name Satan. 

No, I take that back.  Satan isn't a liar, god called him one.  Actually, come to think of it, Satan isn't even a murderer... did he kill anyone?  Hold up! 

What did Satan actually do?  I know, he tormented Job by gods approval.  Satan seems much nicer than god for sure!

31. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I am still confused as to which of these "quiz" questions reveals a "murderous" nature.  I hope its not the one about lust.  I have lustful dreams about various celebrities.  I must be a terrible person.

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh God me too especially Hugh Jackman, I have even had a couple where a couple of Hubbers were involved. I do not know how they popped into my dreams but they did.

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here I am BP !

My "lust object" of choice is Gerard Butler.  I love that irish accent.

1. Make  Money profile image66
          Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah lust is a hard one.  I try to turn the TV off when Chacira comes on or when I have accidentally searched for her videos on YouTube. smile

Darn, did I just lie?  I'll have to say an act of contrition. smile

I try to be a good person though.

1. beautyrose profile image61
            beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is that there is good and bad in every person.  But the good traits and done must be given importance and the bad one might be corrected positively.

2. Misha profile image63

Did you kill them all already? yikes

...not even in my dreams... Not yet, anyway. Mwaaa ha ha ha. lol

32. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Am I Dead, Yet?....hey ...maybe you should change your name to "Am I done, Yet...you know...eternal fire thingy!  I'm bringing beer....who's bringing the chips and burgers?

1. profile image0

Holla!!

1. Tom Cornett profile image79
        Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eternal fire party...friday night!

33. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

I try to be good but when I'm bad, I'm better. cool

And that's me trying to sound cool. cool

success Cris. success.

1. Cris A profile image59
        Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?! I should've believed my mother when she told me I'm the devil's child! cool

Hey man...cool ...we are brothers!

I knew it, mom was a playa in her day! cool

LOL....maybe we are twins?  smile

Then maybe you should send over some of your garden um stuff! cool

Cookies or cup cakes?  smile

Now you pass the test of brotherdom and twinship! And make them cup cakes, should go well with my "herbal tea" (wink) cool

2. profile image0

yikes

I knew it!

But mum's the word. The fans shouldn't know! cool

Ohh yeah!  smile

1. k@ri profile image86
            k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh Oh,  I just found out!  cool  But mums the word...I wouldn't let on!

I doubt it my friend for you are known to let your crazy out at times! LOL cool

1. k@ri profile image86

OK, now I will sing it from the mountains, tell it on the plains...until every one knows Cris A's name!  cool

LOL you're definitely letting your crazy hang out! Must be the weather in D.C.! cool

@Tom

G'night my friend. And may we continue to haunt you in your dreams! cool

2. k@ri profile image86

Tom, I love your new avatar!! smile

It's me 30 years ago...now...the guitar sticks out about a foot further.  smile

1. onthewriteside profile image60
                onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn Tom!  30 years ago???  You must be like...ancient now...  lol

Hey how did my answer get on top of your question?  Goodnite All!  smile

2. k@ri profile image86

Still...It's a great picture!  You look soooo old for 5!  smile

34. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

No one is GOOD enough. Neither is anyone TOO bad. We ALL fall short. (Even those of you who don't believe). Without Christ there IS NO HOPE. That's not a threat, but a reality. He IS the end of all suffering and sin. Either let Him bear it for you, or you bear it for yourself. If you want a way out (of hell, judgement etc), He is your salvation. If not, don't be bothered by it, all will be revealed in due time.
    The Gospel message is "put out there" for all to see/hear. You are not obliged to take it up.

Nor am I obliged to believe your theory.Once again you threaten and insult all those who think it is a pile!

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct. I said that already, "you are not obliged to accept it". As for "threats and insults", YOU were not my focus when I wrote my post. If you took it that way, that's your choice.
        BTW, for someone so assertive on "knowing the Bible", you should know that I am not the originator of the "threats and insults". It's in The Book. (which I guess you rejected.) I assume you read the bits in red too?

2. onthewriteside profile image60
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reality based on WHAT?  I'm not a believer in your Jeebus or your God, and I'm not suffering one bit.  I see a whole lot of suffering and sin going on in this world...usually of and by believers saying, "why me God?", or "I did it in the name of my God".  Don't want it...don't need it.

That's fine. You are one who rejects the message. I'm OK with that.

35. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Aka, may I remind it is Hubber's hangout, not Religion forum? I think I'll flag this thread, so Maddie move it where it really belongs. smile

I didn't start the thread. I merely participated. big_smile

36. Xaquizzle profile image59
    Xaquizzleposted 14 years ago

o.O For a guy that preaches love, God sure seems to hate a lot of people.

37. needs_a_break profile image60
    needs_a_breakposted 14 years ago

hmmmmm well this is interesting.....good .. bad... god ... satan... light ...dark... EVERYONE HAS SINED AND EVERY ONE WILL SIN!!! OMG that does not make us evil... but none of us are angels... well maybe mother teresa... but still it there a point of us arguio\ng over god and junk... the bible says, don't gossip... worst place for gossip... THE CHURCH.... don't judge... most judgmental place... THE CHURCH..... i feel as if lots of the time the church can be very hypocritacl.....but seriously do we have to argue over every nook and crany... things happen.. no one is perfect there we go... that dosn't make us ALL bad ppl...ppl who are serial killers are bad ppl but  you kow what that is just like trying put ppl in boxs and be like... which extreme are you? but there are a majority of ppl that are normal or in the middle... JUST PPL.. and everyone has lied and in some form or another stolen, or hated someone.. it is human

38. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I will admit I have killed more than a few dozen spiders in my day.  Felt sorry for each and every one of them too. I tried to shoe them away but they just wouldn't listen.

I even squashed a spider so big that I knew I needed to stomp hard enough so I wouldn't feel the guts come rushing out under my shoe.

I don't like spiders but I love them just fine when at a distance.  I don't like their webs either but I love them at a distance.

Does this help? big_smile

Best you not come over here, ours a huge, like really big.

You forgot to say and cuddly!

Cuddly?  I wasn't going to put you in the category of Huntsman, but was unaware you can't keep your hands and legs to yourself. lol

2. aka-dj profile image65

I think you killed more than a spider. I seem to remember seeing you holding a (dead) fish. A nice one at that. lol lol

1. profile image0

Zoinks!  Your right.  I have killed some fish too, but I ate them. smile  Now that I think about it, I have also killed quite a few ants, some wasp, bees, silver fish, cockroaches and a few egos. 

I am totally bad!

1. JonTutor profile image61
          JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, Sis you're not bad.... maybe you just stop some folks from having inflated egos wink

39. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Purity
    Is obscurity.
    Ogden Nash

40. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Do unto others.............
    I dont cheat, or commits lustful sins. I never hate. Im a people lover.
    Too bold to lie.
    Steal? Weeelllll, maybe. From my husband when he is trying to be stingy. I take delight in that certainly.

Maybe you need to live a little smile

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh i'm living a Great Life! Wonderfully fantastic too, better believe it!
        Hardly need to be bad to have a little life, i believe.
        But then, only my opinion.

True, it's a matter of standpoint isn't it.  What's good for some doesn't work for others.  Hope life is tinged with a bit of spice every now and then.

41. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Aka-dj - I like the new image. The last one was a bit, well, spooky!

Thanks. I wanted a change 'cause I didn't like it either. This one shows my (hopefully) artistic side. Did it myself. (for what it's worth).

1. Paraglider profile image88

I took the photo in mine. I wish I could claim to have made the woodcarving, but have no skill in that direction.

Hi Jewel and PG your up late (my time 11.20pm. Hope all is good

The pumpkin approaching as we speak, yawn yawn!!

2. Paraglider profile image88

Not late in Qatar - 4:30 p.m. Just finished work and going for a sinful beer wink

Enjoy, you terrible person smile

2. aka-dj profile image65

Have one for me. BTW one is not sinful, Neither is two if you can handle it. big_smile

42. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

I'm a good person.  In fact I'm an amazing person and God loves me.  Ever heard the saying "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."  Is good isn't it?

43. apeksha profile image65
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

I hated one person for prior reason. Other things I have never done.
    I am very kind, soft spoken, humble.So u can say I am good gal.

44. spiderpam profile image74
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

Well, Thank you to all who took the test I hope it got you to at least think. Be Blessed. Here's the hub
    <snipped - do not post links in the forums>

Do you start topics.... so that you can put links to your articles?

1. profile image0

she does it all the time, I am quite surprised that admin hasn't snipped them yet.

Does somebody snip them???... She did this twice earlier.... never saw anybody snip those links.

If you are so concerned read the hub it's nothing like the thread.

Are you soliciting visitors lol

2. Misha profile image63

Done already. He-he. And moved to religion, where it belongs. lol

I guess Maddie was out of the town, and now she's back smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
            Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was on vacation last week, and this weekend it was my birthday, so I was busy partying.

(Can't people behave while I'm gone?  Every time I spend a few days away, some huge forum brouhaha goes down...)

1. profile image0
              dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hope you had a happy birthday!!!

Thanks much.  It was lovely.

1. profile image0
                  dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good.    smile   your welcome!!   
                  did you know, under my Parent's religion, its a sin to celebrate birthdays? people need to just read the Bible,(if they believe it), and make up their own minds and stop worrying so much about organized religion. GOD or some monkeys...gave us minds, and free will. Use it.

2. Misha profile image63

Happy belated birthday! smile

Have you been a good girl? wink

Depends what you consider "good." wink  And thanks!

This thread was more like reasearch for the hub.

45. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

"The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion." Numbers 14:18

I had just opened this thread, when my youngest daughter came downstairs, with her assigned scripture for a church summer camp thing shes doing this year.

funny, huh? Of course, we have "all missed the mark." The point is, God forgives us. YEAH you cant go around doing bad stuff on purpose, and say...Ive been forgiven...but still, just do what you know your supposed to do, and dont kill yourself with guilt.

46. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Actually, I prefer being evil most of the time. If I am always considered a good person, then my friends have certain expectations to my actions and responses, but if I am considered evil, they tend to play softly around me in case the wrath should fall........  smile

No, really a nice guy here, I just have my moments to create hell........

I am afraid that puts you right into the majority of normal people.  I don't think "good" people like to judge others in a HP forum.

2. Jewels profile image83

You sound mischievous and exciting. Is that the definition of evil?  Naaa!

47. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

A definition of a good person is only relative because we all are imperfect and to say that we have never done something is to admit to our own unwillingness to accept the truth.

1. profile image0

I agree with you....Jesus said, "He who claims to be without sin, is the biggest sinner of all....And to say we have never done something (even though we did) falls into this catagory....Peace!!

48. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I do not believe I am a good person. To be honest I'm a grammer school student and life is competative. We must fight in order to get where we want to in life and fighting always has literal, mental and metaphorical casulties.

49. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Which judge would you accept? Who decides what "good" means?

50. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I think I am. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)