The Homosexualization of America

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (96 posts)
  1. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

Below you will read a report which describes in detail now homosexual activism, using sophisticated  strategies of "retail politics",is slowly moving the United States into the same debauched national lifestyle that God found in Sodom and Gomorrah with the end  result being similar. This article creates a wake-up type of illumination  primarily for three categories of people:

1.Those who do not understand why homosexuality is becoming not only acceptable but in fact increasingly a nationally accepted   standard of  conduct in the United States.

2.Those who have  up until now  been doubting that the Rapture will occur soon due to the necessity for God  to rescue His chosen from the anguish of the national destruction  that is now  inevitable.

3.Those who are considering joining the military so that "I can fight for freedom"  (sexual perversion).

To save the casual reader time,I will reprint in capitol letters the words that have the most  significance  in this detailed article.  Ok we're off and running now as we read exactly how Satan is setting the United States up for  certain divine destruction.

CLOSE OHIO GAY-RIGHTS VOTE MIRRORS NATIONAL DEBATE

By DAVID CRARY
    AP National Writer

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) -- Thirty years ago, a vote like the one just decided in this university town wouldn't have happened; gay-rights activism hadn't taken root across most of America. Thirty years hence, such votes may seem a historical curiosity in A TIME OF EQUALITY FOR GAYS.

Right now, though, the gay rights movement is at a tipping point, as epitomized by Bowling Green's divisive referendum on extending anti-discrimination protections to gays. The vote was so close that it took three extra weeks to determine whether the two measures passed.

Nationally, gay-rights supporters and their  opponents are trading victories and setbacks, and the public is deeply divided on same-sex marriage. Could the push for full equality be stalled or reversed? Probably not, if public opinion evolves at its current pace.

"All you have to do is look at the demographics and you can see this is as inevitable as anything," said Michael Klarman, a Harvard Law School professor who has studied the civil rights and gay rights movements.

Surveys repeatedly find that young adults, far more so than their elders, support the rights of gays to marry and serve openly in the military. A Gallup poll earlier this year showed, for the first time,A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS SAYING SAME-SEX RELATIONS WERE MORALLY ACCEPTABLE. Increasing numbers of Americans personally know gays and lesbians, and POSITIVE PORTRAYALS OF THEM ABOUND ON TELEVISION AND IN FILMS.

"The more gay-friendly an environment you create, the more people come out as gay," Klarman said.Social conservatives see those trends as clearly as liberals do, though they  hope for a different outcome.

"THERE IS A SENSE OF INEVITABILITY OF MORAL STANDARDS DIMINISHING that is frustrating for many," said the Rev. Scott Estep, pastor of a popular Bowling Green church, Dayspring Assembly of God.

"I'm concerned about the kind of environment my children will grow up in," said Estep, who considers homosexual behavior one sin among many. He suggested, not despairingly, that his son and daughter "will be faced with a lot more decisions and diversity than I did."

Both sides in the Bowling Green campaign recognized that they were part of a bigger picture - evidenced by the involvement of NATIONAL GAY RIGHTS ORGANIZERS WHOSE SAVVY in the end,HELPED THE ORDINANCES WIN APPROVAL after a bitter 16-month debate.

"We became a small battleground in a larger war," said John Zanfardino, the city councilor who introduced the ordinances in 2009, miscalculating that their enactment would be swift and smooth.

The battleground is a northwest Ohio town of 30,000 residents, plus 18,000 university students.

Mayor John Quinn is already talking about the need to heal the wounds opened by the referendum campaign.

To local conservatives managing the No campaign, the ordinances were an unneeded gesture of political correctness in a community where, in their view, blatant discrimination hadn't been a problem. They said the ultimate goal was to undermine Ohio's 2004 ban on same-sex marriage,part of surge of similar bans in other states, as a step toward legalizing gay marriage nationwide.

"It's about trying to impose on our community a political agenda," said real estate agent Ed Sitter, who was active in the No campaign. "The MILITANT HOMOSEXUALS WANT THEIR LIFESTYLE ELEVATED TO THE SAME LEVEL AS THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT"

Though he and his allies resented the role of outside organizers on the Yes side, Sitter views their TOWN -BY-TOWN STRATEGY FORMIDABLE.

"They're looking 15-20 years ahead," he said. "THEY'RE MORE COMMITTED TO THEIR CAUSE THAN WE ARE".Longer term, MANY TRENDS PROMISE ADVANCEMENT OF THE GAY RIGHTS CAUSE.

An ever-growing number of actors and singers remain popular after coming out of the closet; hit TV shows such as "Glee" and the Emmy-winning "Modern Family" portray gays prominently and empathetically. OPENLY GAY POLITICIANS  ARE TAKING OFFICE IN EVER-WIDER SWATHS OF AMERICA.

In December, the Senate is expected to vote on whether to allow gays to serve openly in the military - a goal supported by several top Pentagon officials and a majority of the public. Leaked portions of an upcoming Pentagon report suggest most service members foresee no major problems if "don't ask, don't tell" is repealed.

There's a widely held belief that REPEAL COULD PROVE TO BE A TURNING POINT FOR GAY RIGHTS COMPARABLE TO RACIAL INTEGRATION of the military after World War II.

"That was a stepping stone for a lot of other rights that followed," said Sara Benson, a professor at the University of Illinois College of Law.

The ultimate gay-rights goal is national recognition of same-sex marriage, which now is legal in five states and the subject of several pending lawsuits filed by gay-rights groups that could eventually reach the U.S. Supreme Court.Gay-rights activists hope to soon add Maryland, Rhode Island and possibly New York to the ranks of states allowing same-sex marriage.

Several recent NATIONAL POLLS SHOW SUPPORT FOR SAME SEX MARRIAGE AT A RECORD HIGH,NEARING OR TOPPING 50 PERCENT overall while gaining backing even among older people and Republicans.

Evan Wolfson, a gay-rights lawyer who heads the advocacy group Freedom to Marry, said that even in an election where the Republicans triumphed, FEW  GOP LEADERS SEEM EAGER TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST GAY RIGHTS."They realize THIS IS NOT WHERE HISTORY IS GOING" Wolfson said.

Klarman, the Harvard law professor, says the same-sex marriage question could reach the Supreme Court in the next few years and foresees the possibility that the principal swing justice - Anthony Kennedy - could write a majority opinion recognizing gays' marriage rights.

"If you think the CHANGE IS INEVITABLE, why wouldn't you want to be the author of the great opinion of our times advancing social justice?" Klarman asked.

"Evangelical Christians, you can tell them it's inevitable and some of them might agree," he said. "But that doesn't mean they will stop fighting."

David Miller, for 30 years the editor of the local newspaper, the Sentinel-Tribune, said the ordinances generated the largest outpouring of letters to the editor in the paper's history."It was a good fight on both sides," Miller said.

No campaign spokeswoman Crystal Thompson said the YES SIDE WAS "VERY BELLIGERENT" and she complained that some BUSINESSES which put up "No" placards WERE THREATENED WITH BOYCOTTS.

Yes campaign leader Jane Rosser, who oversees community-service programs at Bowling Green State, said it was sobering that her side barely  prevailed despite a HUGE ADVANTAGE IN MONEY AND VOLUNTEERS.  "IF CHANGE IS GOING TO HAPPEN,IT HAS TO HAPPEN COMMUNITY BY COMMUNITY,FACE TO FACE" SHE SAID.

High school chemistry teacher Ken Diamond also was dismayed by the closeness of the vote, but added of gay-rights opponents: "History will prove them wrong. It's generational. For younger people it's a no-brainer."

Sean Martin, 26, a religiously devout lawyer working pro-bono for the No campaign, said he and his colleagues weren't preoccupied with how history would judge them."We believe in being right on these issues now," he said.

For many voters, a decision on the ordinances came easily. Others wrestled with nuances.The Rev. Michael Dandurand, who ministers to Roman Catholic students as pastor of St. Thomas More University Parish, said many students asked for guidance. Bottom line from the diocese: Discrimination is wrong, but the ordinances were "cause for concern" because they gave sexual orientation equal status with religion.Dandurand challenges his youthful parishioners to respect Catholic teaching, yet overall, he says, "THE HORSE IS OUT OF THE BARN IN A POPULAR CULTURE THAT EMBRACES GAY RIGHTS AND AND NON-MARITAL SEX." "I don't want to be a Pollyanna," he said. "IT WILL BE HARDER TO LIVE ONE'S CHRISTIAN VALUES IN OUR CULTURE".

(What a great reason to schedule a Rapture!)

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By "Rapture," I take it you mean "murder anyone who does not follow your belief system."

You must be a Christian - Am I right? big_smile

Juts as a matter of interest - how is it hard for you not to be a homosexual if there are homosexuals in your society? Are you that way inclined? - because I will not judge you if you are.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's interesting how many christian evangelists/preachers get found out having secret homosexual sex.  It's disgusting how they preach how gay people are "an abdomination", but indulge themselves - what hypocrisy.  I feel sorry for those that were unfortunate enough to be born into gay-hating families.  I expect suicide rates of gay youths must be high in fundamental christian families.

1. kerryg profile image84
          kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's extremely high in general - four times that of heterosexual youth. And it's probably even higher if you count kids like Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, who may or may not actually have been gay (he was 11 years old, for crying out loud, he may not even have known himself) but who endured months of homophobic bullying regardless, and hung himself in the end.

1. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, there will be many that never officially came out

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
            Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to be gay to be perceived as gay, and you don't even have to be perceived as gay for jackholes to call you a fag and pants you in gym class. Which is kind of ironic, now that I think of it....

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I've got to say I agree with you, it's good to be gay!

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Fear! Doom! The sky is falling! Homosexuality is a contagious plague! The four horsemen are gathering! The end is Neigh! The end is really f*cking Neigh!

Why am I not that scared? lol

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Rather than replying to hate speech and so assuring that the thread will remain on the forum even after it is locked, I would suggest that we just report it so it can be quietly deleted.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why? I like to see this sort of thing actively promoted. wink

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It certainly is not as much fun as veiled mockery is it? lol

Have fun with it but be careful of a personal attack ban, guess its OK to attack an entire group of people but attack a person individually and you risk being banned hmm

2. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apart from the the fact that the very idea of the rapture is unchristian, unloving nonsense, it just makes you think that those gathered to god by the rapture will be a thoroughly unpleasant bunch, and I would rather suffer down here on earth with the tolerant, broad-minded, compassionate folk!

5. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 13 years ago

How interesting that you are so threatened by homosexuality.   
    http://thepulpit.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/09/ted-haggard1.jpg

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ding! Ding!...my gaydar just went off the scale smile

2. profile image0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahahahahahahahahaha

6. psycheskinner profile image84

I am thinking that some of our homosexual hubbers might appreciate not having to look at this kind of material.  I know I would.

1. rotl profile image61
      rotlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Let's just report as hate speech rather than giving the author what they want... attention.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well as I understand it, although I only scanned - the author is calling for the greater freedom for gay rights in America.  He's going to let the big gay horse out of his barn apparently.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might want to read a bit more carefully.  Not the article OP is quoting but the first section where he says letting the gay horse out of the barn is due to "Satan ... setting the United States up for certain divine destruction" and the bit where he calls it "sexual perversion".

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
            Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well it's a bit weird keeping a gay horse, but whose to say?  Up to him I guess.  Why he wants to write so many words about it I don't know.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the horse rejected his advances! LOL!

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

No, let the ignorant bellow their rants!  Just an example of the hate being harbored and increased by certain religions.  These types hurt their faith much more than help it!

8. psycheskinner profile image84

He plagiarised most of them from Associated Press.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Discriminating against gays is the same level of discriminating against any minority or race. USA has evolved over time and varies between regions. Same sex marriage in now in 5 states in United States and in 10 other countries.

About 10% of the World is gay, and there are a few animals’ species that perform same sex acts also. If all gays moved into one country, they would be the third largest country by population in the world. A total 7 countries do serve up the death penalty to gays, in which these people are deeply religious.

What happen to thou shall not judge?

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

That side of American culture I truly don't understand, no way.

1. Anesidora profile image60
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any man who believes it, and has within his breast a decent, throbbing heart, will surely go insane. -Robert Ingersoll

Anesidora
        \
        Was that relating to the bible on gays

2010 report that 76 nation criminalize “consensual sexual acts between persons of the same sex in private over the age of consent.

I do feel odd specking out for gays, but the game of hide and seek is hell. No pun intended for religious groups.

1. Anesidora profile image60

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Fortunately, I'm not that interested, so it doesn't really matter. Hah!

It's in regard to the whole damned kit and kaboodle. HTF anyone can worship an other-worldly being intent on torturing and destroying a goodly portion of mankind is beyond me.

HTF? Easy, just like the quote says. They go insane, and just don't realize it.

Anesidora

clear

10. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

there is no place for homosexuals in America..

except of course among the elite in the Republican party and the evangelical clergy.. both of whom doth protest waaaaay too much

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are wise words of wisdom oh Greek one!

11. Jeff Berndt profile image72
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

It will become harder to maintain a Christian lifestyle if Gay people get equal rights in the same way that Christian marriage will be harmed if Gay marriage gets legal recognition.

That is to say, it won't make a darn bit of difference.

My next door neighbor's sexual orientation has exactly zero effect on mine. I spent a lot of time acting in and crewing for theatrical productions during and after college, and many of the people I worked with were gay. I did not become gay, or even gay-curious, in spite of a couple guys asking me out. I simply told them, "Sorry, dude, I'm straight." And they would respond with some variation on, "Oh, bummer. Sorry." And that was the end of it.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind back then to say something like, "Dude, don't for a minute be sorry. I know how hard it is for me, a straight guy, to ask a girl out. You're putting yourself out there, and being turned down hurts, even if you can pretend that it doesn't. I can't even imagine how scary it must be to be gay and ask a guy out, especially if you're not even sure if the guy is gay. If the guy is gay and isn't interested, it's not going to hurt any less.  And if he's straight, you don't know whether the guy is going to shun you in the future, or freak out, or try to beat you up, or worse, get his buddies together to beat you up on some dark night. So, even though I'm not gay, and I don't want to be anything other than your friend, thank you for the compliment of risking all that hurt to see if I might be interested in you that way."

12. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 13 years ago

I often make fun of Christian gay-bashers, it does no good to point out that other countries do quite well and have prosperous life styles without demonizing homosexuality. I am constantly amazed by the people like the OP who believe that the end of the world is at hand because America is becoming tolerant. The rest of the world is not important apparently, it's only America that can bring eternal damnation on the Earth.
    All that being said, it's time to stop pussyfooting around this whole subject. Enough of the rationalizing and double-talk.
    The Bible states, specifically and by implication, that homosexuality is a sin against God and Humanity. Either the Bible is the word of God and so must be followed and obeyed or the Bible is a work of myth and fable. So it becomes incumbent on any person who lives and is willing to accept a Homosexual lifestyle to declare the Bible to be myth and fable and completely denounce Christianity. This is the only course that does not compromise your integrity.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just do not think that in order to to denounce most aspects of Christianity ya have to burn the entire aspect.

And in actuality ya can denounce a faith based group without denouncing the object of their faith.

So I don't think it is as easily of a choice as either/or !

But that's just me.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"The Bible states, specifically and by implication, that homosexuality is a sin against God and Humanity. Either the Bible is the word of God and so must be followed and obeyed or the Bible is a work of myth and fable."
      This is sound logic.

"So it becomes incumbent on any person who lives and is willing to accept a Homosexual lifestyle to declare the Bible to be myth and fable and completely denounce Christianity."
      Further, if one is not going to denounce Christianity, then they must not only continue to persecute homosexuals, but also those who wear blended fabrics, women who wear trousers, men who wear skirts (I'm fairly sure kilts count, on a technicality if nothing else), those who eat shellfish of any kind, those who eat meat and dairy together (like pepperoni pizza or cheeseburgers), those who eat pork, those who divorce and remarry, and so on. I mean, if it says "abomination," then it's an abomination, no matter how delicious it is, right?

It sure seems tough to be true christian!  With all of this persecution to accomplish, how do they find time to earn a living?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Their followers send money in to their prayer hotlines in exchange for salvation. No need to work. tongue

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For some reason, this reminds me of "Kissing Hank's Ass" (or "Arse" in my country lol)

Here is Kissing Hank's Ass for anyone who's interested (warning: not for the easily offended Christians amongst you):

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/hank

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The frustrating part is that they will read that and not only not see the point at all, but will trot out exactly the same "logic" to show why religion isn't like that at all.

3. Anesidora profile image60

Well-stated. Bunch of confused people running around with some very messed up thinking patterns. I find it very hard to feel comfortable around that type of mental illness.

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I know that I am getting old and forgetful,  I do not remember where it is written is scripture that God needs for his children to fight his battles.

I do recall it being written ..  there it is ..  I give this land to you ! ..   go take it!

But I don't recall  his saying  "look what he is doing, .. go over there for me, and make him quiddit"

Like I said,  I might have forgotten that part.

If someone can show me where it says that I'd like to read it before I pick up a stick and follow suit.

Are you planning to use the stick on gays or the OP?

You rarely hear about death penalty or beating of atheist much anymore, yet do with gays.

Just like religious war with atheist or other religions, if you discriminates people to make other believe these people are demonic, it much easier to kill them as sub human.

2. Jerami profile image58

I guess that depends on what tha book says?

Behaviors are more important than words

1. Jerami profile image58

i left off the ...LOL...   cause I could see it there.

HHEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!!!

GAYS, GUNS and GOD!!!!\

WWOoo RAAW

the end

14. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 13 years ago

this Gay pride thing is a sign of the end of this earth and the wrath of God to come on man. man made money is the new God of man and this gay pride thing that here and many other will end this world . on May 21, 2011 God will come to earth and who ever not save by Jesus Christ will feel God wrath and punishment, as it said in Revelation 6 , 17, for the great day of his wrath has come and who is able to stand.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What makes ya believe he will come back on May 21 2011?  Jesus said no one knows the day or hour.

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is hard to understand how this kind of hate filled Bull@@it can still be spewed out over and over again in this day and age when so many people are so much better educated,  maybe we should question the education that is being given in some parts of the US ?

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image78
        mypleasurefantasyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is extremely difficult to understand the hatred towards people these days. If everyone just accepted everyone for who they are: we wouldn't have anorexia, genocide, hate crimes; and terrorism. Everyone is now fighting for their religious beliefs, and unlike the homosexuality movement; they are just fighting to be recognized like everyone else.

Why is this the only case that isn't considered discrimination?

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a vast difference between somebody being black, whit, anorexic or gay - and somebody being religious.  Your religion is an ideology that that you deliberately try to infect others with, I have no issue with anyone's religion, in fact I have happily fought to protect the rights of anyone to believe anything they like.  I do not consider that anyone being so stupid as to believe any religious hogwash is wrong or bad in any way, I do consider that it is my right and duty to point out that it is bull@@it and nonsense when anyone tries to spread their contagion to my friends and family and to vulnerable people.  Publishing any religious desease, as putting it into the forums is - requires me to resist it.

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love how gay bashers throw out the Bible verses. Obviously they skimmed over "Love thy neighbor", "Thou shall not judge", etc. The Bible also says that if I see my neighbor washing his car on Sunday, he's supposed to be killed. But that's also a no-no since killing someone on tghe Sabbath would probably be considered "work". Any other Biblical BS that needs to be brought up?

15. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

When christians were taking over the world the first time they tortured and burned all the opposition religions and anyone who looked or talked a bit funny.  Now that Reason and science are taking over can't we do the same back to them, but this time round we can keep the ones who look a bit funny, have mental disorders or a 'different' lifestyle - because they are the ones with the compassion and they are usually good company.

16. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 13 years ago

I just don't care what consenting adults get up to in their own private lives. I don't expect them to care about my sex life, either.

It makes absolutely no difference to me if other people are gay, straight, bi-sexual, whatever. I don't understand people who get so upset about other people living their own lives.

Live and let live.

17. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

The Rapture is ALWAYS about to come, and has been about to come every generation for at least 1200 years.  Every generation, every age is absolutely sure that THEIR age is the important age and that THEY are the people living in THE important time.  Always.

Nobody just wants to be the member of another wave of humans who were born, lived and died and no great spirtual something or other happened--lived lives that were ultimately meaningless.  That would be boring, plus it would mean that THEY were not the special, important humans, unlike those regular humans who lived when Christ was around and those living in this time that WE live in, the two times in history when it REALLY MATTERED.

If you read outside of your one little book and the books that orbit around it like obsequious rocks, you will see that.  Then, you can relax and take your place amongst the waves of humans that have come and gone over the past 200,000 years without all the angst and, even better, without looking so silly.

Bottom line: relax.  You (and me, and all of us) aren't that important.  Even if you do like the Bible.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, except that some of these fruitcakes want to help bring it on.

I don't want to see the world plunged into nuclear war because of insane religious fantasies about the end of the world.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know, that is the scary part. They are determined to self-fulfill that prophesy.  It's better to destroy the world to prove your God is real than to let it go on and discover that your religion is just like the thousands of them that came before, a social tool that has outlived its usefulness.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lord (forgive the irony), I so love it when you step in on these kind of threads Shades, as one thing is for sure, the words you write will surely make a damn sight more sense than certain bigoted and blinkered comments that went before. Keep up the good work smile

2. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right, and it's all about selfishness of those that expect a handsome, eternal reward...and a craving for bloody drama that zealots love to revel in.

Not all religions see this as a goal, just a certain type of "Talibangelical" Christian. Unfortunately, they number in the tens of millions in this country alone.

18. profile image62
    Beaksposted 13 years ago

If I were you, I'd pull the plug on the plagiarism here. You reprinted the ENTIRE article- the last time I read up on it, the AP was charging plagiarizers $2.50 per word to reprint small portions of their articles. I don't believe they allow full articles to be reproduced at all. I can't believe that HubPages would let it stand here like this. Here's some basic info, but I've heard rumors that they are charging more than this now:

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/20 … or-quotes/

OP: I would seriously cool it on the plagiarism and search your own soul about the morality of stealing. Before you start throwing stones at others, clean up your own house first.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

It's technically not plagiarism; he's not pretending that he wrote the article himself, after all.

Copyright violation, sure. Plagiarism, no.

19. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

On the plus side it's interesting where inspiration comes from.

So thanks to the OP for planting an idea.  God knows I need them.

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Back to the original question, yes homsexualization of America is happening for two reasons.  Firstly, that group of people won't stand for being oppressed any more and secondly, because America is entertainment obsessed, those related industries have more gays in them proportionately than other industries so they have a nice platform to work from to get to the mainstream.

Whatever the reason is, there is simply no way you can object to that lifestyle.  If you are christian, then god created those people just like you so they are equal to you and therefore entitled to your love and respect.  If you are not a christian, then evolution is responsible, even if its counter intuitive.    Being gay can not be a random mutation because their numbers are statistically significant.

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image78

Gays are not a "them" or "those" people. They bleed red just like you do. Good post, although it reminds me of the days when it was legal for man to have slaves, because they were "them" and "those" people.

20. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

If we want to look at the "nature" of same gender sex...just look at the Bonobo Chimpanzees......free love...

21. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Think about it: why would ANYONE CHOOSE to be gay? Why would you put yourself through the humiliation, the persecution, ridicule, rejection of religion, family, employers, etc.? It's gotta be one of the damndest inconveniences of choice on the planet.

Homosexuality was apparently rampant in Corinth, during the time of Christ. Yet, there was no fear of contagion, there was not a shortage of heterosexual sex and baby making. There was none of that. The planet was not on the verge of extinction because homos were only doing each other.

And somehow, despite the "epidemic" of homosexuality in our time, there is no shortage of orphaned babies created by heterosexual people who don't want them, and there is no shortage of conservative Christians, despite the supposed contagion of this new "homosexuality."

Very sick and twisted thinking. And yet they are the people who claim that homosexuality is sick and twisted. Since Jesus was completely silent on this subject, I guess we can't ask what would Jesus do. So have at it, haters.

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can have a guess at what Jesus would say, "Judge not, lest ye be judged", perhaps? Or "let he who is without sin throw the first stone"?

1. profile image0

... or maybe even "My mum made me a homosexual, and if you give her the wool she'll make you one too" lol

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's just wrong. And SOOOOO funny!!!
          lol

1. profile image0

big_smile

Here's an image to go with it:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2535/4085903586_5791c61812.jpg

Seriously though, I read posts like the OP and scratch my head in amazement.

2. mypleasurefantasy profile image78

I love it. During the time of Christ there was homosexuality all throughout the world, it's said to be how the Greeks made peace with warring nations. At that time it was okay, because there was no full blown hate towards fellow man, it was just a power struggle. Maybe now-a-days people are bored, so they pick. Who knows

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey, leave the Greeks alone.. we made peace with nobody!

22. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Just one last thought: homosexualization of America is the same as the battles in the civil rights movement of the 60's.

Homosexuals don't proselytize for others to become homo. Blacks didn't proselytize for others to become black. But both these groups want equality among their peers and to be treated as a first class citizens. If that's "homosexualizing" America there are some extremely twisted perceptions, just as there was no trying to make America "black" in the civil rights movement of the 60's.

The only proselytizing that I see that never ends comes from religious fanatics and their organizations.

1. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right. They are so busy trying to convince everyone to follow their beliefs, that they are unaware that others don't have the same goal.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sadly there are some on here who want their country back to the way it was before the civil rights movement.

23. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

DrDean, you talk way too much trash and you give me a headache.

24. psycheskinner profile image84

So, apparently hate speech about Muslims gets deleted in these forums, but saying homosexuals are perverts bringing on the end times is considered okay.  That's lovely.

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what would happen if you criticized homosexual Muslims?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Allah's significant other would strike you down.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

The 7 countries that carry the death penalty are Muslim

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are confused about what "hate speech" is.  I'm as uncomfortable with this thread as anyone, but I cannot simply remove it because I disagree with it.  Sharing opinions about morality is acceptable, while condemning an entire group is not.  There is a difference between "I think being gay is wrong," and "Gay people are evil and should all be lynched."

1. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree - in the first case, you think, "what an idiot", and in the second case, you delete it

25. mypleasurefantasy profile image78
    mypleasurefantasyposted 13 years ago

Wow is all I can really say to this blog, I am proud that our Nation is finally moving forward, but I have to agree with Maddie on this one.

My two cents:

Homosexuality has nothing to with belief, because before I posted this I actually picked up my bible and read through it for a few hours. The bible was written by man, and therefor can be flawed, because the human mind cannot be completely unbiased; it is not capable, because we are emotional creatures.

As far as the whole "rapture" thing, If I remember correctly, we are all taught in school that God made us in his image, so then if he didn't love men why are there gay men? If he didn't love women, and teach us to love each other equally, then why do women love women? It shouldn't matter. It doesn't affect anyone's daily life, by any mean; so why worry about a movement? So who are we to interpret the Bible as the solid foundation of God?

Everyone deserves the same right to be happy and be accepted, regardless of sexuality.

26. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_trngtQpPhpM/SaGcJ6FAM3I/AAAAAAAAADI/GnhXVNDl-CA/s400/gay+america.jpg

I pledge allegiance...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol

Um thats so bad Ron ,but so funny its creative

2. mypleasurefantasy profile image78

I absolutely love it!

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That fact that the blue in the field of stars doesn't match the blue stripe only proves how little you understand.

I just hate it, take it all down, your taste is from thhe 60s

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Maybe the Fab 5 can help with my design.

Contact the guys that did Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. They're good for a reason.

ummmmmmmmm, otherwise known as the Fab 5. smile

I confess to being excessively slow and a little dense. wink

*snap*  Don't sweat it girlfriend.  Have yourself an Appletini.

lol

27. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

With regard to the original post I thought there were more Homosexuals in Britain? truly I read some article or saw some figures on that.

Oh well, outs out ,whereever yer at right lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)