What was the source of Buddha's wisdom?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (371 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bah!  I'm breaking my vow of silence, because this is just getting frustrating.

Himself, I've already told you this.  Buddha meditated under a tree, and looked deep within himself and found the "truth" as he saw it.  This message is available to anybody willing to look.  The "truth" for one, may not necessarily be the "truth" for another.

No divine intervention or revelation was involved whatsoever.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

1. Rainbow Pride profile image60
        Rainbow Prideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

crmhaske said exactly what I was going to say lol

1. profile image0

Read the discourse between myself and paarsurrey in this forum http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40790 and you will understand the source of my annoyance! lol

Welcome to HubPages! smile

1. Rainbow Pride profile image60
            Rainbow Prideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the welcome! I'm exploring right now lol

I took a look at the thread. Wow, what a read!

Anyway, paarsurrey, you say you are willing to learn, but the only way to truly learn anything is to approach each topic with an open mind and not to have passed judgment before you receive answers.

1. profile image0

Yup, hence "Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results." lol

I'll keep an eye open for your first hub! smile

2. profile image49
              paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Rainbow Pride

I don't think I passed any judgement.

Thanks

2. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

Thanks my learned teacher; I did not expect you to comment on my post. You are welcome to answer. And everybody here, I think, I don't personally have anything against anybody here. I repeat , I respect you from the core of my heart.

There is no need of anykind of frustration. I am just a student of yours; but I will learn with reason.

I love Budhha as I love Muhammad and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; my love is based from Quran:

[2:136] And they say, ‘Be ye Jews or Christians that you may be rightly guided.’ Say: ‘Nay, follow ye the religion of Abraham who was ever inclined to God; he was not of those who set up gods with God.’
        [2:137] Say ye: ‘We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob and his children, and what was given to Moses and Jesus, and what was given to all other Prophets from their Lord. We make no difference between any of them; and to Him we submit ourselves.’
        [2:138] And if they believe as you have believed, then are they surely guided; but if they turn back, then they are only creating a schism, and Allah will surely suffice thee against them, for He is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
        [2:139] Say, ‘We will adopt the religion of Allah; and who is better than Allah in teaching religion, and Him alone do we worship.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=133

Thanks

1. profile image0

I don't have anything against you paarsurrey.  I just feel like explaining my religion to you is a waste of time.  You do not accept the answers I give because it is out of your realm of understanding to fathom wisdom coming without revelation, but this is the entire foundation itself of Buddhism, and it is impossible for me to explain it to you any differently.

I respect your adherence to your Islamic faith, but unfortunately your insistence on everything true is only Quaranic, or Quarnic aligned makes a discourse about Buddhism with you impossible.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, very well put.  I like the way you put this to them. 

Their "peaceful muslim" antics are just for attention and show anyways.  And, clearly you see them for their real worth.

I can appreciate the fact that you don't want to waste your time commenting to paarsurrey.  Hopefully they will appreciate where your coming from, and hopefully move onto someone else.tongue

1. profile image0

Thank you smile.

I really wish I could help paarsurrey truly understand what it is to be Buddhist, and who Buddha was, but it just isn't within his realm of understanding.  It is like trying to explain politics to a child, they just don't have the capacity to understand because their reality is something entirely different - and that's what makes it so difficult to truly give up.  Parrasurrey isn't being aggravating on purpose, he does have an innocent desire to understand, but unless his worldview changes about wisdom and revelation, that isn't happening.

I completely understand.  Instead, you get comments like,"I love Buddha as I love Moses and Jesus."  WTF??

Nothing like feeding you with a bunch of crap, and then expecting you to appreciate it.tongue

What nonsense. 

I personally think Buddhism is one of the most powerful, lifestyles in which to live by. 

It is much easier to live your life a lie, like the nonsense paarsurrey is preaching.  However in Buddhism, well...... it is not a world of hate like paarsurrey's religion and lifestyle. 

Hey paarsurrey, explain this about your customs, http://voters.linktoo.us/chapter_6_earl … _peace.htm

And then do explain the differences between your religions way, and the Buddhist lifestyle and way of life, http://www.aboutbuddha.org/english/life … dha-4.htm/

Yeah, I thought so..............., friend paarsurrey.wink

1. profile image49

Hi friends

I agree with the above comment; and that is one of my reasons that I believe Buddha was a believer in Creator- God Allah YHWH.

Skeptics cannot and never created any system of life for the human beings. Whenever they tried , they failed miserably.

Thanks

1. Beelzedad profile image59
                    Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is true, secular societies have failed miserably in keeping divorce and prison rates high. smile

2. Hokey profile image62
                Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I disagree with you. The things that paarsurrey posts are meant to gain attention and to create dischord. I truly believe that whatever paarsurrey is the last thing that it is is muslim. Just another sock puppet being used for the enjoyment in aggravating others.

1. profile image49

Hi friend Hokey

I totally disagree with you. My  endeavor is to create peace and understanding with rational and reasonable arguments; this is exactly what Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 wanted to do with a Word of revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH. You are however free to disagree with me and present your viewpoint freely.

Thanks

3. IntimatEvolution profile image68

When he was 35, and it was a banyan tree no less, and he sat there with the resolve not to get up- until he was enlightened.

1. profile image49

Hi friend  IntimatEvolution

As you have mentioned, I also knew from the story that Buddha sat under a banyan tree.

My teacher here crmhaske and others say he sat under a tree called Boddhi:

After meditating for a long time under the sacred Bodhi Tree Gautama reached Enlightenment
          at the age of 35, thus becoming the Buddha, or "Awakened One".At the age of 29 Gautama was married and had a child.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Who-was-the-Bud … f-Buddhism

Thanks

1. profile image0

Just a clarification, the tree he sat under was later consecrated as the Bodhi tree after he achieved enlightenment - before it was just a regular pipal tree.

1. profile image49

Hi friend  crmhaske

So the Vision or the Revelation is important; not the pipal tree under which Buddha was sitting at that time. It would be just like Moses:

[28:31] And when he came to it, he was called by a voice from the right side of the Valley, in the blessed spot, out of the tree: ‘O Moses, verily I am, I am Allah, the Lord of the worlds.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=30

I understand from your post like Moses, Buddha received a truthful Revelation or nearness to the Creator- God Allah YHWH. The importance is not of the tree; it does not matter much if the tree was later consecrated by his followers; but his experience with God; that should have been the central point of Buddhism, in my opinion.

There are so many pipal trees in the world; if somebody intelligent like you are; sits under such a tree for even whole life; he may not experience anything.

Thanks

2. profile image49
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

Buddha might have received his first or most Word of  Revelations from the Creator-God Allah YHWH under some tree; as He spoke to Moses from a bush.

Though it is not essential; the Creator-God Allah YHWH could speak to one at any time or any place.

Thanks

2. Hokey profile image62

That is called "The Lions Roar."

4. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

What is the source of your saying that Buddha meditated under a tree.

Did Buddha write some autobiography from which you have quoted? Did Buddha know how to read and write? How his story has reached us down the ages? Is it authentic?

I love Buddha as I love Moses and Jesus.

Thanks

1. profile image0

Buddha himself wrote nothing, but his disciples did.  His life story is recorded in the Pali Canon, a Theravada Buddhist scripture.  It is also recorded in the Āgamas, a Mahayana Buddhist scripture.  The two scriptures are very, very similar.

5. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The experience of enlightenment is the same for all, this truth is universal.

1. profile image49

Hi friend mohitmisra

I agree with you;the experience of enlightenment must be the same for all, this truth is universal; it is for that I was comparing it with Moses; and I will elaborate it further sometimes.

Thanks

2. dfager profile image59
          dfagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Enlightenment may be thought of as universal, because we are all universally human.  We all have the same capacity for error. 

I've studied some Buddhism myself before becoming Christian.  I love that the concept of sin is described so well.  My understanding of the teachings is that we cannot understand reality because we are blinded by sin.  That we must die to our sinful nature first before knowing reality.

I only differ in the opinion that we cannot overcome our sin nature by ourselves.  That we must seek revelation outside ourselves, through faith in the source of Truth, Jesus.   But oddly enough, I believe that faith is subjective.  No one, no doctrine can tell me how to believe it, I must develop my own relationship to God.  I may be too much of a mystic for most Christians.

I also defer judgement on other faiths, because my judgement is not important, only God's is.

6. mohitmisra profile image60

crmhaske 

What  is the meaning of enlightenment?

Wat truth did Buddha find?

7. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is the documented truth to Buddha's wisdom.  Hasn't this question already been asked a couple times?  The exact same question that is.

1. profile image49

Hi friend

It is against Buddha's wisdom to meditate being ascetic; one can meditate in real life.

How could Buddha know that by meditation Buddha would get enlightenment. Was he doing it on trial and error basis? What made him certain that he would get enlightenment; unless he knew from Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH?

Thanks

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@paar

Well paar , whether budda believed in any creator or not is itself debatable...but buddha's path is gem and easy to be understood..yes difficult to be practice..but buddha was phenomenal..only person who could convince people in his life time without waging war or using any mode of violence...in those days India didn't have one single central rule..also violence was part of society but inspite of all these , he didnt need any army or himself take weapon..that was power of buddha..unparalleled and unmatched...as vivekanand states buddha neither claimed to be god , nor claimed to be messenger..still caught imagination of the larger part of country...

2. mohitmisra profile image60
            mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing is certain paarsurrey.The Buddha had a few teachers who guided him towards meditation an established way to gain enlightenment..

The Prophet Muhammad was known to mediate in a cave in seclusion.Seclusion keeps distractions away as meditation requires perfect concentration.

Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.
            Guru Nanak

1. profile image49

Hi friends

Who "established" this way for "enlightenment" and and why? Please

Thanks

He gained enlightenment ,attained god knowledge.

1. profile image49

We will see how it happened from the root sources.

Thanks

3. Hokey profile image62

Himself.

4. marcel285 profile image64
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

His own mind. Higher self knows all.

5. IntimatEvolution profile image68

Can't really answer that question or any other question based off SPECULATIONS. 

I was born in 1970.  So how in the hell would I; or anyone of else have a clue to that answer with out it being pure speculation? 

If YOU think you know- your mental.  Nobody in their right minds, TRULY knows the answer to that type of worded question.  NOBODY.  NONE of us are what, 5000 years old who slept and ate with the man. 

Oh...., but forgive me.  Are you telling us, that YOU are 5000 years old, and slept and ate with the man himself?  Wiped his butt when he was too old to so himself, did ya?

1. profile image49

Hi friends

There is no compulsion to answer any question; one has only to answer if one knows the answer.

Nevermind.

Thanks

2. dfager profile image59
        dfagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The existance of God became a possibility to me only after deeply searching within to find absolutely no god within.

Yes, but the question is a tangible and logical one.

The answer, how the f should we know.  He isn't around to ask, now is he?

We can GUESS.  We can pretend to be smart and SPECULATE. 

This idiotic question is asking for a direct answer.  The dead guy, this Buddha, can only answer the question.

What is said, or has been said since the dude died- is crap.  Only BUDDHA knows where HIS source of wisdom was.
          ________________________________________________________________________

Have you personally had a real, flesh to flesh talk to Buddha lately?

NO.
          He is dead.  That's all I'm saying.  The fat man is dead.

The question should of asked, where do you speculate buddha's wisdom came from.  Then, and only then would this forum thread be worth its weight in salt.  As it is- its nonsense.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

He said he gained enlightenment, that is the wisdom he spread.

Gained it where???  What was that again?  Where was the source to be exact?  Oh, my bad he gained enlightenment.  Okay- where is the source?

Did HE personally tell you where the source was, or where that enlighten source of a place might be?  Wow!  You should be in the Smithsonian, according to what your age should be now.

Listen, I believe in the Buddhist lifestyle.  I strongly do.  And I'd be glad to take you on in a debate, any time, any place.

But for someone of this decade to say that they ABSOLUTELY know where this wisdom was found, or to pretend to know where that enlightenment struck him at, well is a craze lunatic. 

The forum post is another unanswerable question.  It is a ridiculous question.  The only one who truly knows for sure, IS DEAD. Hence everything else is SPECULATION.cool

Its said he gained gained enlightenment while meditating .Such knowledge is possible only by an enlightened one.

Personally tell me???? Off course not, this is history.

His enlightenment is the foundation of Buddhism.

Now see, how hard was that? A reasonable and very logical answer.wink

Who ever started this forum thread, has a real bad, bad, bad, habit of mis-writing their forum topics.  The question should have been written something like, What do you think the source.............?  It is quite obvious the original poster never took a debate course of study.

However:

As before, nobody can expect to know Buddha's source of wisdom.

As for myself, I speculate that he had an epiphany.  I further speculate, that Buddha must have been a man of incredible merit in the first place.  A righteous man, with deeply seeded moral integrity.  I personally feel that he was a gift from the heavens, a prophet of sorts, and the foremost authority on spirituality, and the single essence of that spiritual world.  I speculate that much of his wisdom was hard learn, and didn't come easy.  Therefore, he had to be a man like that of Job, whose great love for God, and never ending trust in himself, led him on a journey that created a vortex.  The vortex being pure light, insight to the unknown, unmeasurable compassion and joy for all beings.

With out a doubt, this one individual encompassed the mass qualities of patience, virility, and reason.  The fruits of his devoted suffrage, pilgrimages, and constant realism- was the real source to his wisdom.

But again- this is only my opinion and speculation of Buddha, and my opinion on how he became enlighten.

I love this saying in Buddhism, "Look upon the world as a bubble, look upon it as a mirage."

I like your description . smile

3. profile image49

Hi friends

I think speculation is no good in matters of religion; it is a doubtful source; one should have certainty of sources in religion.

Thanks

6. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mescaline.

7. alexandriaruthk profile image70
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

his socialization and deep thinking and meditation

1. profile image49

Hi friend alexandriaruthk

Don't you socialize or you think deeply or you meditate for a while? That does not make you a Buddha.

The Buddhists say that Buddha became an ascetic; that is no socialization; but it is mistake of the Buddhists not of the Buddha.

Thanks

8. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perry Mason

Just kidding!  A little levity never hurts. smile

9. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He read a lot of fortune cookies. roll

10. profile image0

LSD?

1. profile image0

It wasn't known to exist prior to 1947.  Furthermore it is semi synthetic drug - it is not known to occur naturally in nature.

However, soma was predominent in India:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol As good a guess as any! smile

1. profile image0

I guessed Mescaline earlier in this thread and was ignored.

1. earnestshub profile image79

Mescaline could be close. Being available at the time and all! smile

1. profile image0

Yes I know it was used in ancient Egypt. It would be drunk and they would get revelations from their god/s. Osiris if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong on that.

It was similar to how LSD works. Much like tripping in the 60's while listening to acid rock after taking a few tabs of LSD.

Mushroom effects are also similar to mescaline.

1. profile image0

I have tripped on mushrooms more than once, and I've got to say, I felt no where near any "god" ... but then I suppose I wasn't looking for one when I took them.

Since the Buddha taught clarity of mind, it is highly unlikely he used any sort of mind altering substance.  This has always been more indicative of the theist religions.

1. profile image0

Many during the 60's used the drugs to get "closer to God." They would have visions and they believed they were from God.

Jesus was very popular in the 60's. More popular than the Beatles. Have you ever noticed that so many drawings and paintings of Jesus look like the 60's hippies?

Weird, don't you think?

1. profile image0

lol, it's quite true

2. Hokey profile image62

You must be smoking crack.

2. earnestshub profile image79

Osiris was the dead version of Horus. smile

2. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

I think theres a Buddhist on here called Hokey

1. profile image0

I didn't know he was Buddhist, I am Buddhist as well smile

2. profile image49

Hi friend Richieb799

Hokey is welcome to participate in the discussion.

Thanks

3. Hokey profile image62

Yup! smile

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Thats obvious, its pizza!big_smile

4. profile image49

Hi friends

So, the source of Buddha's wisdom was Word of revelation from the Creator- God Allah YHWH; that is why he could make a prophecy for the coming of Maitreya; otherwise one cannot make a prophecy for future.

Thanks

1. Hokey profile image62

Wrong.

Buddha was an enlightened one meaning someone who has had a revelation of god.
      After that it is natural to communicate with god or the cosmos.

1. profile image0

According to Hinduism yes, but not according to Buddhism.

1. Amogh Shakya profile image42
          Amogh Shakyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree to crmhaske, Not according to Buddhism. Buddhism does not believe in blind faith. It is most scientific and adheres to the principle of  Cause and Effect. You have to work hard and do good deeds in order to achieve better results in life.

Sorry but Buddhism is based based on Buddha's  enlightenment and his teachings of the Light or god..

Buddha was a Hindu and Buddhism is a branch of Hindu philosophy .

1. profile image0

Buddha was born a Hindu, but he rejected much of Hinduism teachings.  Buddhism is in no way, shape or form a branch of Hinduism.  That is akin to saying Christianity is a branch of Judaism, and Islam a branch of Christianity - neither are true

1. profile image49

Hi friend teacher crmhaske

I agree with you.

Thanks

2. Rishy Rich profile image74
                Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mohitmisra said

"Sorry but Buddhism is based based on Buddha's  enlightenment and his teachings of the Light or god.."

Buddha didnt taught about any creator god or light. Buddha never mentioned one single creator God/ Light as the source of everything. The Gods in Buddhism shares same status as Humans. They are not special but only like another species in the universe.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Hindu philosophy engulfs all truths and is very broad in its thinking and tolerance.

The philosophy is identical, god is omnipresent,Omnipotent ad omniscient.

As man we can connect with god, enlightenment or samadhi like the Buddha  or other enlightened ones and attain moksha or nirvana, breaking of the cycle of life and death.

Hindi Philosophy believes Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad as Vishnu Avatars or prophets, is is the most open minded  religion regarding truth.

1. profile image0

The philosophy is not identical, there is no God in Buddhism.

Sorry but that is one of the most absurd statement I have ever read.

Buddha is considered as human and god .Buddha gained enlightenment  or went into a state of samadhi, means merging wit the creator or god the divine light.

Making contact with god or gaining enlightenment  is the essence of the Buddhist philosophy.

2. Rishy Rich profile image74
                    Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

@ mohitmisra

Buddha Never mentioned any Omni present, Omni potent God. According to him, Gods also requires Nirvana as they are also struck in the cycle of life & a buddha possess better status than a God since He has broken the cycle

2. profile image49

Hi friend  mohitmisra

Please don't mind. Do you belong to Sanatan Dharam ?

What denomination of Hinduism are you? Please.

Thanks

From my father Hindu side its the Kailashnath  branch of Shiva.
                    Then my mom is a Parsee and my grandfather was a Parsee priest.

3. Hokey profile image62

Becoming enlightened has nothing to do with god

Enlightenment  has everything to do with god.

Enlightenment is  in Light- Divine light or god.One who has gone to and become the source or god is an enlightened one.

2. Hokey profile image62

wrong

1. profile image0

Yep, God has absolutely nothing to do with it - I don't think I could count on both hands how many times I've said that.

2. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

whacked more like it

5. Amogh Shakya profile image42
    Amogh Shakyaposted 14 years ago

The source of Buddha's enlightment is nature, natural phenomenon of the principle " Cause and Effect " If you do good Karma or good deeds you get good results in return instead if you indulge in bad karma you are bound to get more and more sufferings.

Buddha was simply a researcher. He did all the hard work to work this thing our within himself and decided to share the knowledge to the rest of the world. We can all be buddha if we try.

Everlasting real peace is the aim of buddhism and there are 4 noble truths and ways to achieving the ultimate state of mind called "Nirvana"

Buddha gained enlightenment due to meditation.
      Source of enlightenment is nature doest make any sense.

He said nature is my witness when he was mocked for saying he gained enlightenment and was asked for proof.

6. profile image49

Buddha gained enlightenment due to meditation.

Hi friends

I don't think mere meditation or sitting idle could do any wonders. Praying to the Creator- God Allah YHWH is the most suitable thing in this connection.

Experience of Moses and Jesus and other wisemen shows it.

Thanks

Muhammad  was known to mediate regularly in a cave and thats when he had his revelation.Like I said before unfortunately we dont know what kind of meditation he was doing or if he gained enlightenment or  came across a higher entity an angel to reveled knowledge to him.

Meditation or one pointed concentration is the key,
      But who say there is no fee?"  From Ponder Awhile

"Seven breaths of one pointed concentration will get one enlightened" Patanjali   meaning meditation.

Try sitting and focusing on one point you will understand how difficult it is.

Jesus" when they eye be single" he also advised mediation or one pointed concentration in order to fuse with god the divine light.

1. profile image49

Hi friend

Muhammad used to pray to and worship the Creator- God Allah YHWH in the cave and elsewhere, which some think it was meditation.

Muhammad was not an ascetic; he participated in the activities of the life like a normal person; though he did not induldge in the material affairs too much. He never advised anybody to be ascetic, for sure.

Thanks

"One who sees inaction in action and action in in action he is a wise man" Holy Bhagwat Gita

One doesn't need to be an ascetic in order to meditate and find god.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

He was contriving Islam, making it up.

True, like any Arab of the day, he beat his wives, tried to sucker his fellow man out of every red cent and wanted to take over the world. smile

2. Hokey profile image62

Buddha realized that true peace comes from controlling the untrained mind. Meditation is a practice that allows one to observe the habitual patterns of thought that the mind produces and teaches one how to observe thought without becoming attached to them. Then one can find true awareness and not be stuck in Samsara or ego(false self).

7. Amogh Shakya profile image42

How do you meditate? Buddha learned from Nature and natural phenomenon. Vipassana Meditation uses our own body and mind as a tool. Our body and mind is nature. It is part of nature. Of course, He acheived "Nirvana" through meditation and hard work. But where did he meditate on? his own body and mind. He started out by concentrating on basic breathing techniques. He gained more and more insights from then on. That is what now famous Vipassana Meditation teaches us.

Buddha discovered the middle path we should go and not the extremes in order to achieve enlightenment.

Buddha had a few teachers who taught him different styles of meditation.
      He never said he learned from nature as one cannot see nature meditating.

Vipassana is a meditation Technic focusing on ones breath.

"Your breath being the vehicle pay attention,
      Focus between your eyebrows with intense concentration,
      Then will come a deadly confrontation." From Ponder Awhile

He went through some very arduous practices which didn't get him enlightened and this is why he denounced such practices like the Sikh prophet guru Nanak.

1. Hokey profile image62

The breath is the most important thing in life. Therefore it is true nature.

2. Hokey profile image62

Nicely put. Namaste  smile

Namaste smile

8. Amogh Shakya profile image42

Vipassana meditation is a tool to learn from our body, mind and soul which is a natural thing and part of nature. Buddha used the meditating technique to analyze different sources within his body and the things he learned from others outside him.

Like he heard a passer by say  " If you tighten a string too tight it will break and if you loosen too low it will not play"

He learned from this phrase and discovered the middle path.

So Vipassana meditation is a tool to analyze different sources learn from it and get enlightened.

Meditation is  the key to enlightenment.

Like he heard a passer by say  " If you tighten a string too tight it will break and if you loosen too low it will not play"

This happened when he was practicing Hatha Yoga under a teacher ad he realized there is no need to undergo such arduous penance for enlightenment and dropped the Hath Yoga practice.

He would fast for a long period of time along with doing difficult yoga positions which only made his body weak.

9. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Dope. He smoked a pile of weed. smile

Many sages have smoked weed, so what ,it doesn't get one enlightened .

Its more a stepping stone into meditation  as the breath and thought slow down .

One can smoke all the weed in the world and yet not gain such knowledge.
      So many smoke and yet who amongst them have reached the pinnacle of  knowledge.

The we have Shiva a god who was constantly intoxicated on weed.

2. Hokey profile image62

lol lol lol

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

4. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure it wasn't the bananas? smile

1. Hokey profile image62

Maybe banana peals! big_smile

1. profile image0

Or plantains! tongue

10. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

It's a shame (that as with most religions) that those who champion Buddhism and put themselves forwards as knowledgable teachers bicker and argue the details to elevate themselves above, and as such are the least qualified to teach its message of enlightenment.

11. earnestshub profile image79

I still reckon it was the weed! smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're probably right.

Buddhism is definetly the Stoners religion of choice. I can sit on my arse under a tree all day and pretend like I'm not just being a lazy git, but am seeking a higher truth. smile

http://ih3.redbubble.net/work.4453379.1.fc,135x135,white.jpg

lol Love the little guy with the big scoob! lol

12. tfhodge profile image60
    tfhodgeposted 14 years ago

If I may (great comments - by the way), I dare suspect that if Buddha were to comment with regard to naming his 'Source', he not only would not, but could not.  To name or place an identification or title on that which is The Original 'Source-Consciousness' (The Divine Presence/Original Divine Consciousness) of all creation is an exercise of the ego (the false self).  I submit that whomever presumes to identify, in name identification, based on, in the image of, or from the perspective of human likeness (male/female/him/her/name, etc.); that which is identifiable as some 'thing' which caused all that is and will forever be, has not rightly found 'Source'.  If Divine Original Source Consciousness obviously predated man and woman, how then can THAT ORIGINAL DIVINE CREATOR be named by that which it created or creates?  Consciousness does not stop creating.  Thus, that which cannot be dated can never be 'rightly' or absolutely known, fully and consciously, by it's subjects.  IT can, however, be FELT but never consciously known intellectually from the limited perspectives of those who exist on/in this limited 3rd dimensional earth realm.  In other words, the moment one can claim that The Divine Creator is, in fact, 'this' (by name and sexual orientation), in the image of man, that which one has chosen to identify, in human terms, is not that which created all things.  I enjoyed reading all your comments.  This was a great discourse! 

Thank you,

T.F. Hodge
    Writer/Author/Blogger
    Spiritually Expanding to Oneness!
    www.fromwithinirise.com

13. earnestshub profile image79

I may have already smoked all the weed in the world! lol

1. Beelzedad profile image59

You know, now that I look at your avatar from that perspective, you do have a certain 'glow' on. wink

exactly my point wink

1. marinealways24 profile image59
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Best "enlightened" portrait for the best "ebook" marketing.

You missed my hard copy rankings ,not ranked 1 till date in Inspirational and Religious poetry for nothing.Did you look up my profile?
          Juts means it is something you are unable to comprehend right now ad nothing else.

lol What I don't comprehend? You fail to comprehend that you aren't a favored prophet of God. If you was a new favored prophet, you might have something new to say. All you have are old ideas and faith without logic.

Have you see my books rankings in my profile.?

if you want to be the Prophet you will need to prove it with your work.

Its brand new man has never seen such poetry.You cannot understand is the simple truth.

You are not as smart as you like to think.

lol I don't want to be a prophet. I am not a wannabe as yourself. Besides, I wouldn't want to be dependent on my ebook rankings. Does your god give you a higher seat in the afterlife for your ebook? The simple truth is that religion controls simple minds.

Well my book has bounced over your head while many  understand and appreciate it ,cant force you to understand it has to come from within.

If it  wasn't new and unique my work wouldn't get ranked over the Bible,Quran and Bhagwat Git, simple common sense.
              Or 1 in inspirational and Religious poetry till date now would it, common sense.

You still cannot write even one better piece.

You have said before you don't believe evolution. lol

When did I say that in fact I said evolution has great intelligence without great intelligence there is no evolution.Now you will make things up in order to try to discredit me, dont fall so low.

Are humans and animals the same or separated? Explain evolution. lol
                    Let's see you get out of your lies.

14. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 14 years ago

The last words of Buddha ...  are:

"In the End ... Everything, that hath been Created must Perish ... so tread carefully ..."

Meaning, Buddha Believed, in Creation, thus, a Creator, of the Existential Totality.

Down the treacherous lanes of History, it is perhaps the the Hindu Vedants, not finding mention of their gods and deities, in Buddhas Teachings ... Substituted the concept of God, with Karma ... which in the Applied, is the same as Rehman, in Islam, and Love, in Christianity.

So in greater likelihood, the Brahmans substituted the word Hereafter, with their idea of Awa Gawan ... the Humans Comings and Goings...

But it is for Research Scholar,s to determine these nitty gritties

15. JulesGerome profile image60
    JulesGeromeposted 14 years ago

The source of Buddha's wisdom was experience with life itself.

16. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 14 years ago

"First of all, it is wrong to say that Buddhism is either a branch or a formation of Hinduism. Buddhism is actually a paradigm shift from not only Hinduism but also from all other religious systems. Secondly, words used commonly in both Hinduism and Buddhism do not mean the same thing. In fact, very often they mean almost the opposite, and certainly at all times they point at two different paradigms. "

http://www.byomakusuma.org/Enlightenmen … fault.aspx

"Buddhism is different from Hinduism and it is not a branch of Hinduism. Hindus believe that Buddha was a reincarnation of Lord Vishnu. Buddha never claimed to be anything other than a human being – although a unique one in the history of mankind."

http://www.lumbini.org.uk/bd_n_thera_t.html

To name a couple of sources.

Buddha claimed enlightenment which is declaring ones divinity.
      The philosophy is identical, its is not wrong to say Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism.
      Buddhism is not something out of the box or special this is the same as the Christians or Muslims saying my prophet and religions is the best so I am the best.

1. profile image0

Not at all, evidently you know absolutely nothing about my religion.

1. Hinduism is not founded by any particular prophet. Buddhism was founded by the Buddha

2. Hinduism believes in the efficacy and supremacy of the Vedas. The Buddhist do not believe in the Vedas or for that matter any Hindu scripture.

3. Buddhism does not believe in the existence of souls as well in the first cause, whom we generally call God. Hinduism believe in the existence of Atman.

4. Hinduism accepts the Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu. The Buddhist do not accept any Hindu god either as equivalent or superior to the Buddha.

5. The original Buddhism as taught by the Buddha is known as Theravada Buddhism or Hinayana. Followers of this do not worship images of the Buddha nor believe in the Bodhisattvas. The Mahayana sect considers the Buddha as the Supreme Soul or the Highest Being, akin to the Brahman of Hinduism and worship him in the form of images and icons.

6. The Buddhists consider the world to be full of sorrow and regard ending the sorrow as the chief aim of human life. The Hindus consider that there are four chief aims in life which every being should pursue. They are dharma (religious duty), artha (wealth or material possessions), kama (desires and passions) and moksha (salvation.)

7. Hindus also believe in the four ashramas or stages in life. This is not followed in Buddhism. People can join the Order any time depending upon their spiritual preparedness.

8. Buddhists organize themselves into a monastic Order (Sangha) and the monks live in groups. Hinduism is basically a religion of the individual.

9. Buddhism believes in the concept of Bodhisattvas. Hinduism does not believe in it.

10. Buddhism acknowledge the existence of some gods and goddesses of Hindu pantheon, but give them a rather subordinate status. (This depends on which branch of Buddhism one is talking about, some deny the existence of Gods all together)

12. Refuge in the Buddha, the Sangha and Dhamma are the three cardinal requirements on the eightfold path. Hinduism offers many choices to its followers on the path of self-realization.

13. Although both religions believe in karma and rebirth, they differ in the manner in which they operate and impact the existence of individual beings.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_buddhism.asp

You have no idea what Buddha stands for or the core meaning of your own religion or Hinduism.

Hinduism engulfs all truths .
          The Vedas are eternal truths ,man van merge with god his real or higher or inner self, same philosophy as Buddhism.

One of the questions Buddha refused to answer was if the soul is within or outside of the body.

God is one called by may names , it doesn't make a difference if you call god Buddha or Jevovah or Brahma, the name is not important.

"When we finally come to ours senses we never return to this material world this painful playground we mistakenly call home" Krishna

No one not even a king is spared of suffering Hindu Philosophy identical to Buddhism.

Th fours stages are not necessary.Anyone even a Sudra can gain enlightenment at any time and become a Bhramin.

Bodhisattva are enlightened ones like the Buddha. Similarly Hindus have many such enlightened ones they pay homage to.

Hindus have monk living in groups as well for example the seven Naths.

All is one there is no greater or lesser enlightened being.

. Although both religions believe in karma and rebirth, they differ in the manner in which they operate and impact the existence of individual beings. Buddhism is a branch of Hindu philosophy the crux being identical.

1. profile image0

Wow, you have absolutely no understanding of Buddhism whatsoever.  You are no different from paarsurrey, everything is to be understood in the context of your religion only.  You are incapable of seeing Buddhism from the eye of a Buddhist.  And as such, this is a waste of my time.

I am the Buddha, learn.

2. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

Me only a humble person; eager to learn from you about Buddha; not as a story but as a reality based on Truth.Have a heart please.

Thanks

17. Darlene Sabella profile image61
    Darlene Sabellaposted 14 years ago

Buddha had been in the lotus position meditating under a tree for many years, as the story goes.  Then one day, he stood up and walked to the river bank, which was right in front of this tree.  He stood in the water, as he was refreshing himself from a long slumber.  Then the moment of clarity came to him.  The secret was the middle road.  Never stray too far to the right or too to the lift. Stay on the middle road and the Native American's also believe this, however they call it the "Red Road" and also believe you must stay in the middle.  Hope this will help you live a peaceful and happy life.  Darski

18. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

Life experiences and self-realization!!

1. profile image49

Hi friend Shil1978

Don't you have life experience adn self-realization? That does not make you a Buddha.

Thanks

Self realization is enlightenment  shil 1978 is correct .

19. profile image49

Hokey wrote:

God comes from within. There is no seperate entity. There is only us.
    mohitmisra wrote:

True god comes from within , this angle is correct.

Paarsurrey says:

There is no restriction on the Creator- God Allah YHWH; he can come to us from within ourselves or anywhere else. He is a separate entity; we are nothing but mortals at His mercy and kindness.

Thanks

Both statement are true god comes from within and god is without as well.

1. profile image49

Thanks

20. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

It seems as if some know too much about Buddhism to actually understand it. sad

Mohit just previously claimed to be the Buddah, "I am the Buddha, learn."
      So i'm sure he will be able to clear eveything up and bring people to the light.

Doing just that.

No, you lower consciousness to limit a belief to belief in a religious God and use it to sell ebooks and claim prophethood.

And here is where you steal your ideas for being reborn when you became enlightened. At least mention your source instead of stealing them.

"After many days, he finally destroyed the fetters of his mind, thereby liberating himself from the cycle of suffering and rebirth, and arose as a fully enlightened being."
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

You dont know what self awareness or consciousness is while I do and thats the reason my work is ranked so highly and you cannot do.

All enlightened one will give you the same philosophy
            , meditate evolve yourself and you will understand.

You have written so much here but dont have the intelligence to write just one better piece than I have and you call it lower conscious lol

lol It is lower consciousness to believe anything that disagrees with your illusionary belief is ignorant. Clear observable logical proof. I think you have meditated into an existence of faith without logic or reasoning.

This is not only my belief but if you read about the master, the prophets, the sages, saints they say the same thin.

Give me logical proof about our dependency on the sun?

Give me logical proof as to why the earth spins around it axis and revolves around the sun.

"Day to dawn makes no sense.
                What does we call non sense." From Ponder awhile

That last bit of "prose" murders the English language Mohit.

1. profile image0

Most poetry murders the English language lol.. so do plays.  I'm pretty sure Shakespeare only wrote plays because a friend bet him he couldn't write plays with made up words that people would like tongue

No it doesn't poetry is beyond the limitations of any language.You are saying it only because you dont agree with it.

21. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

88Hokeyposted 19 hours agoin reply to this
    You better read some more buddy. Buddha was not and said he was not a god.

One of his students asked Buddha,"Are you the messiah?"

Buddha answered, "no"

student "Are you a healer?"

Buddha  "no"

student "Are you a teacher?"

Buddha "no"

student  "Then what are you?"

Buddha   " I am awake"

replymore →

"The Buddha lived and taught in the northeastern Indian subcontinent sometime between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE.[2]"Now, as the Buddha, he spent the rest of his life teaching the path of awakening he discovered, traveling throughout the northeastern part of the Indian subcontinent,[11][12] and died at the age of 80 (483 BCE) in Kushinagar, India."

Why teach if not a teacher? Sounds like a teacher to me.

"He is recognized by adherents as an awakened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end suffering (or dukkha), achieve nirvana, and escape what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth."

Reaching a state of healing, nirvana, enlightenment, rewards for believing him is promising reward for believing, no?

"The foundations of Buddhist tradition and practice are the Three Jewels: the Buddha, the Dharma (the teachings), and the Sangha (the community).[5][6] Taking "refuge in the triple gem" has traditionally been a declaration and commitment to being on the Buddhist path and in general distinguishes a Buddhist from a non-Buddhist.["

Why make a commitment to any faith when new things are learned everyday? Commitment to a belief doesn't sound enlightening to me.

Awkened one .
      That is possible for all humans.

God encompasses everything , so everything is god.

God is a materialistic assumption through faith that you know what made you when you really have no idea or clue. This materialistic faith has also caused many setbacks in moving forwards due to refusal of reasoning and logic.

So what logic does it make for us to rely on the Sun?

Or the fact we need to breath to live.

Many have found god and they have no reason to lie to you.

This planet has seen many enlightened ones or saints .

This universe is based on pure mathematics, who or what has the capacity to do this.?

There is a lot of logic in understanding how rotating around the sun keeps us alive. There is also logic in how breathing keeps us alive. There is no such thing as finding god, only finding yourself. Just because you meditate and see light doesn't make you favored for having a belief in an undefined being. Whatever designed the universe is what did it. What is your evidence for claiming to know what designed the universe?
            What does your lack of logic say about evolution? I would guess it says humans are separate from animals. lol

Oh pleas explain the logic  about the Sun  needed for us to survive.
              Why do we rotate around the sun and in our axis please provide a logical explanation.

Explain why we breath as well .

"I was searching for myself and I found god, I was searching for god and I found myself." Buddist saying

This is what I am saying you have no idea what the self is yet you claim to have self awareness.

If you were to understand  my work you would understand me unfortunately you are not ready.

Because of gravity holding it in place, why don't you explain the scientific process in how you have evidence and belief in gods design of gravity and rotation. We "breathe" to stay alive. lol Do you go around holding your breath?
                If that is a buddist saying, it is contradictory to saying not assuming metaphysical entities.
                The self is not religious belief. I don't claim anything other than being conscious. big_smile
                You can't even understand your work because you are so lost in your own illusions.

So you give up? You said it was logical I didn't.,I tried to show you this universe is too mysterious beyond the human intellect and is not logical.

There are different levels of consciouses yours is a very low one.
                  I cant understand  my work lol  lol   Please try to write something intelligent if you can.

lol You can't even spell "consciousness", I find it hard to believe you are a higher level of it.
                    I have seen nothing intelligent from the quotes you have posted from your book, most look illiterate.

22. marinealways24 profile image59

Practices and attainment

Buddhahood · Bodhisattva
    4 stages of enlightenment
    Wisdom · Meditation
    Smarana · Precepts · Pāramitās
    Three Jewels · Monastics
    Laity

And this is my problem with this religion like any other religion more based on faith rather than logic, like many of the responses on the thread, all of the good things are mentioned while leaving things out. You can't even agree on what it is, yet you practice and claim to understand it while arguing about what it is. lol

This planet and dimension we live in are not very logical.

Why does the earth spin with such precision for so many thousands or millions of years.

Why does our life depend on the Sun this big ball of fire so far away.

Why do we have to breath.

Why do we have to die? what is death?

This approach is not good enough as the human mind is too puny to understand  god intellectually.
      The way to know god is meditation.

You think you are saying something new by meditation is light of god? I think that life and universe have design, but I don't jump to ignorant assumptions in claiming to know what designed it. If you say the mind is too puny, why do you claim to be a prophet? How could a puny mind ever be a prophet? lol

Ok so you do believe in an intelligent design,this universe has been build with great intelligence far beyond the human minds understanding thats why the human mind is Puny.

Compared to other humans intelligence  I am a great mind but not compared to gods intelligence..

Not the traditional religious design where I am fighting to prove a God, but intelligence in the design of life that I don't know it's designer. How do you know you are more intelligent than others, you could be more intelligent than a person in one subject and be ignorant compared with them in another subject. Intelligence is materialistic attachment, just like your ebook rankings and claiming to be a favored prophet.

Well my work is ranked very highly .I challenged you do write less than 2% of what I have and you were unable to so for you I am a very great mind.

You still haven't seen the hard copy rankings or are you intensionally not mentioning them .
              Write a better piece on Religions, proof is required.

Not ranked so highly because I am stupid.

2. JulesGerome profile image60
            JulesGeromeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you were a great mind as you claim to be, what are you doing here ? LOL
            I don't see any 'greatness' in you, man ! Only common religious babbling.

1. profile image49

Hi friend JulesGerome

If he is intelligent; what, in your opinion, he is supposed to do? I think he is using his intelligence positively.

Thanks

Thank you .

2. marinealways24 profile image59

Nice of you to nose in without making any sense. Who claimed to be a great mind? I am getting entertainment being here from the people that don't understand the belief they follow.

1. JulesGerome profile image60

It seems you don't know how to read LOL ! He said that on one of his posts.
                I find you people quite hilarious ! I don't see 'intelligence' anywhere!
                Have a nice Saturday ! LOL

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Why should I not be here? Its a religious forum a good place for me to share knowledge.

I don't say that you shouldn't be here. I only say,that a great mind wouldn't be here. Ergo, you're not a great mind ! LOL

Who are you to be the judge of who are what a great mind is when mind is something you can't even define as absolute. lol
                  What a joke lol
                  You would also have to have a great mind to be the judge of what a great mind is. You are in the same forum you are saying great minds don't enter, I think you are confused.

Well you haven't proved your intelligence to anyone as yet, you just talk try doing.

All this thread is a joke ! Nobody's a great mind here LOL. I never said I was great. You people are the ones that think are the great ones. Which makes me laugh the most LOL!

BTW, who do you think YOU  are ?Eh?
                    LOL LOL LOL

What makes you think so?

3. JulesGerome profile image60

Here you go ! LOL

Mohit Mishra has presented a garland of poems sensitizing deep thoughts in worldly reality. The sifting thoughts and emotions seeking out subtle nuances is a work of great mind.
              This work can be sustained by deep courage, commitment, daring and restraint. It is possible by people only who love and care for people.
              It is with deep sense of fulfillment and urge to read again.
              Best wishes,
              Mohit
              Anup Kumar Burman

Blue Cross Labs- Goa India

Give it time Marine you are not ready to understand a masterpiece or rather not intelligent enough..

1. profile image0

It precisely because of the existence of people like you that the Buddha rejected Hinduism.  It must be a tremendously difficult, daily feat attempting to fit your arrogance, and ego in the same room with you.

LOL!!!
                  Bon jour ! That was really accurate ! Thanks for the laughs !

lol   lol      lol   ridiculous statement Buddha was a Hindu .

Hindu philosophy taught him enlightenment is possible and meditation is the way. He leaned from teachers who were Hindus.

Buddhism is not a better philosophy than Hinduism juts because you are a Buddhist.

Good for you !
                That doesn't mean you're a great mind LOL!.
                No great mind in forums. Forums are for common people. Some of them look in there for acceptance and praise.
                I think you're one of those cases. LOL

Yah right.
                  Got a lot of praise for my book dont need it here.

I'm always right. So you must be wrong ! LOL

You sound just like my uncle Sebastien. LOL
                    He was left all alone with his pride ! LOL

23. marinealways24 profile image59

"The Middle Way or Middle Path (Pali: majjhimā paṭipadā; Sanskrit: madhyamā-pratipad; )[1] is the descriptive term that Siddhattha Gotama used to describe the character of the path that he discovered led to liberation. It was coined in the very first teaching that he delivered after his enlightenment"
    Gautama was now determined to complete his spiritual quest. At the age of 35, he famously sat in meditation under a sacred fig tree—known as the Bodhi tree—in the town of Bodh Gaya, India, and vowed not to rise before achieving enlightenment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Way

I hate to admit, but Mohit was finally right on one thing. Do you people even read what you claim to believe?

24. marinealways24 profile image59

"Impermanence, suffering and not-self
    Main article: Three marks of existence
    Anicca (Pāli for "inconstancy", usually translated as impermanence) is one of the three marks of existence. The term expresses the Buddhist notion that all compounded or conditioned phenomena (all things and experiences) are inconstant, unsteady, and impermanent. Everything we can experience through our senses is made up of parts, and its existence is dependent on external conditions. Everything is in constant flux, and so conditions and the thing itself are constantly changing. Things are constantly coming into being, and ceasing to be. Since nothing lasts, there is no inherent or fixed nature to any object or experience." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

If no fixed nature to any materialistic objects such as religious belief or "commitment" to one belief since all beliefs are constantly updating is a contradiction of liberating. Commitment clearly contradicts liberation. More contradictions like any other religion.

The constant change is there but god is beyond time enlightenment has been the same for man millions of years ago and now.

Here the talk is about this planet and universe. God is the essence , the fabric from where all this comes, that doesn't change.

Yes, you have commitment to God and claim liberation of mind. This is why you think anything that disagrees with a God is ignorant, sure your mind is liberated. lol

I was an atheist before enlightenment so I give space  to them but when I get mocked i give it back.

2. profile image49

Hi friends

Since the Creator- God Allah YHWH has created the Universe; so he knows ins and outs of it; the change pattern also happens under a system set by Him. It is therefore, true that anyone who disagrees with God is wrong.

Thanks

lol True liberation, not.

2. profile image49

Hi friend

I agree with you; may God Allah YHWH bless you!

Thanks

25. marinealways24 profile image59

.[59] "Dependent arising provides a framework for analysis of reality that is not based on metaphysical assumptions regarding existence or non-existence, but instead on direct cognition of phenomena as they are presented to the mind. This informs and supports the Buddhist approach to liberation via the Noble Eightfold Path." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

Now where Mohit is wrong, read Mohit. Not based on "metaphysical assumptions" rather collecting evidence where only when it is explainable. More contradictions. lol

Contradictions is the way of the mystics, the ying and yang both exist.

Like I said god cannot be understood with the human intellect as it is not evolved enough to grasp something which has no beginning and no end and is timeless.

Science is trying to capture the god essence and they will fail with all their expensive machinery .

One needs to experience god for himself to understand this truth.

More contradictions, you say you don't have intellect to understand your god, then you make mystical assumptions claiming to know how god made everything. lol
        Again, you aren't saying anything new, meditate till you see light, right? lol

Enlightenment is an experience and not some deduction one comes up with his intellect.

Enlightenment is becoming the Light or god ones source.

Yes timeless message you should pay heed to.

There are people in different consciouses levels ,some feel god since birth even though they have not come across god directly for themselves, some gain enlightenment and some never come to this understanding
          in their life.

Some have an experience may be death of someone they are close o or and illness which wakes them up from their slumber.

The Vedas puts the humans species a a few thousand depending on their
          consciousness levels.

lol Exactly. See how predictable you are?

Bounced as usual?

No, I was trying to find the "light", but I fell in the "dark". I should start meditating before I stand up from now on, it's hard trying to stumble around in the dark. Do they make a meditation clapper where you can simply meditate and turn the light on without clapping? I think if you develop one of these, it will be even better than your prophetic ebook rankings.

No it requires a lot of hard work there is no shortcut you are looking for.

2. profile image49

Hi friend

You have mentioned it nicely; the created cannot comprehend the being of the Creator except from His attributes. It is beyond the realm of Science to find him out; it is beyond the jurisdiction of Scientific Method to find out things beyond physical matter; it is limited.

Thanks

This is the reason even the prophets are not equated with god by Islam, they understand their limitations.

State all of your limitations. I thought your ebook rankings mean you have no limitations. lol

26. bhaskar_c profile image56
    bhaskar_cposted 14 years ago

This is fantastic topic. I loved there is lots of information.

1. profile image49

Thanks for your appreciation.

27. earnestshub profile image79

usmanali you have no concept of what scientific method is even! lol

28. marinealways24 profile image59

62mohitmisra
    5855 posts
    Hubs: 10
    Followers: 170No he didn't .The spirit of god permeates everything.I have knowledge on enlightenment and not evolution.

Have you written your piece as yet ?

You have written so many pages all you have to do is right one piece to prove yourself.

The topic id Buddha and his source of knowledge and not evolution. Go to a science forum for that.

lol Thats it, you believe evolution with no understanding of it or you don't like you didn't a few weeks ago?

The only information you have on enlightenment is to meditate, be reborn, see white light, and find God which you copied from others that I have already shown. You have nothing new to write, you aren't favored by god, and your book looks horrible. If you are brave enough, quote some lines from your book and we can discuss how illiterate and childish they are. Sorry to hurt your ego.

Man doesn't even know what all species are there on tis planet, how can he understand evolution properly?

If you do write a piece on it and you will get famous.
      Who has written a book and got ranked so highly me or you? what a stupid statement.

I have put some poems in my hubs and I have repeatedly challenged you to write juts one better poem on Religions and I will agree with everything you said and will leave this forum, I keep my word.

Otherwise you must accept this statement -Military men are dumb, stupid animals, to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

I think it  suits you perfectly.

lol So you are admitting now that you believe something you have no clue of and truly disagree with.
        Maybe you have the illusion you are ranking highly because you are getting high?
        Lol, I never want you to leave the forum, you are one of my favorite sources of entertainment.
        Your and Kessingers statement is ignorant, anyone is ignorant that would slander the same military that provides them with free speech. Didn't you say you was in the navy before?

What is wrong with you? You have a serious problem.

Go check my profile and you will understand .

I will leave if you write a better piece till then it would be better if you zip it.
          As you are just talk and nothing else.
          Merchant Navy -sorry, dont fall into the dumb bracket.

Yes, that is when you became enlightened from starring at the sky. lol Truly ancient. Did fairy dust fall on you?

Write just one better piece on religions and I will accept everything you say, till the Henry Kessinger is correct. and you know it.

You would never give me this chance , less than 2% of what I have written.

This is getting boring , first write your piece and the we will continue the debate.

Explain how it's not ignorant to slander the same people that provide your freedom of speech?

29. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

IntimatEvolution wrote:

mohitmisra, ignore this poster.  He performs science projects on us hubber forum posters, and then publishes them at our expense.

This hubber, is not worth your words.  Step back, and converse with me or someone else.  But let this person be the ugly individual they are.  Pray for compassion and for joy for them.  Because they clearly are needing it.  That was a big principle of Buddha's.  Have joy, sincere joy in your heart for this person, and stop talking to them.  Buddha says in the face of your enemy, find joy in your heart and treat them with respectful compassion.  But also to separate yourself from them.  He is here trying to upset you.  To hurt you.  YOU are allowing that.  So here me now- let it go, and forever ignore this person.  Like so many of us do.  Follow the teachings of Buddha, and feel compassion for somebody so ignorant, arrogant and dim witted as this person clearly is.  Find joy in your heart for them, that maybe someday, they will arise from their incompetence and become enlighten themselves.

See, what good is that doing, you bantering back and forth?  Is it making you feel better?  Feel better about yourself do you?  I thought you believed in enlightenment.

lol Anyone that takes up for a lying falsely acclaimed prophet is just as religiously confused as they are. Good luck on enlightenment.

1. profile image0
        IEsMedicalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are confused.  Buddhism is not a RELIGION! What a drama queen you are.

lol Is it your religion?

1. profile image0
            IEsMedicalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WTF?

It is a lifestyle.  How can that be a religion?

You are pointless, and extremely irrelevant in your child like intelligence.

I'm curious, did you get an dishonorable discharge from the Marines?

Yeah, with your attitude and mental capabilities here; speaking volumes in regards to that evidence; in accordance to your actual intelligence, and most severely lacking ability of being fruitful in forum discussions, I can see how you might have been a disgrace in your dishonorable attempt to be a Marine. But man, I just never thought in a million years, that I'd actually tango with someone who gives a new meaning to Jarhead.

So you are an embarrassment to all those Marines who are honorable. Get over it.

It is always funny that those accusing others of having a lower intelligence usually lack more intelligence than the accused. lol
              lol Are you serious that you can't comprehend how religion can be a lifestyle?
              I got an honerable discharge, not that it has anything to do with the conversation. Maybe if you displayed more intelligence, you would have asked rather than assuming first. Sorry I have hurt your religious faith, hopefully you at least know what it is. lol
              Amazing you can't intelligently explain why it's not a religion without all of the childish insults that you accuse me of. lol you are very enligtened.

Ignoring him from now, had enough.

30. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

Buddha had great compassion for others and wanted to end suffering in the world.

He didn't see violence as a solution to anything.

1. profile image0

And would have greatly have disapproved of what has been going on in this thread.

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
        Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Buddha could feel sorry for detractors.

1. profile image0

Yes, but pity and disapproval can coexist.

I'm in no position to disapprove, but I do feel sorry for them.

Buddha felt pity for detractors but Buddhists would say it wasn't all passive. For those angry and in pain he showed a better way to live. He practiced what he preached.

2. profile image49

Hi friend Rod Marsden

Do you have anything in writing from Buddha; or it is just your speculation?

You may leave your home without telling your wife or children and sit under a pepal tree for your whole life, with the reslove not to leave the tree untill you get enlightenment; you may end up with nothing.

This is just a speculation; nothing concrete from Buddha himself. Please don't build castles on sand.

Buddha was a wise-person ; he cannot do all such things.

Zoroaster was one such wise-man; he did not become ascetic; no one needs it. Only one has to set one's priorities right; making moral and spiritual as one's priority istead of the material.

I love Buddha and Zoroaster as I love Krishna and Moses.

Thanks

31. Rod Marsden profile image68

It is not speculation that the first person to be recorded as Buddha was born into a wealthy family in India but left his home when he discovered how others lived.

In following the original teachings Buddhists show compassion for all living creatures including their fellow human beings.

Look up Monkey if you like. The Buddhist teachings of compassion and through compassion and understanding enlightenment are all in there. Also something you don't always attribute to Buddhists but certainly should to some, a sense of humor.

1. profile image49

More speculation. Please quote something from Buddha which Buddha wrote or dictated himself; the roots, please.

Thanks

1. profile image0

In the time that the Buddha existed most people could not read or write, and so it was a waste of time for him to write anything down.  As such his teachings, and life history were passed through the generations orally until the 1st century BCE when the Pali Canon was written.  It is the first Buddhist scripture to have been written.

With Christianity you also have an oral tradition. We know that it wasn't Jesus' immediate disciples that first wrote about him or put down what he said but 2nd and even third generation Christians. between 40 and 60 years had gone by before what we know as the New Testament was written. Even then there is the belief among scholars that the scriptures were altered as they were put together. So there you have another example of oral tradition before writing. Jesus as far as we know didn't write a thing.

1. profile image0

Many of the world religions were passed with oral tradition, save for these two that I can immediately think of where their "founders" wrote the teachings themselves:

Islam - Mohammad himself wrote the Qu'ran
            Taoism - Lao-tse wrote the Tao Te Ching (Dao De Jing)

1. profile image0

I'd like to add Hinduism's scriptures to that list.  It is a very interesting religion in regards to the origins of its religious texts The Vedas, The Upanishads, The Bhagavada Gita, and the Puranas as it is a religion that isn't attributed to one particular "prophet."

2. profile image49

Hi friend Rod Marsden

How many years are there in a generation? You take generation for twenty years or twenty five years or more or less. please.

Thanks

1. profile image0

A generation isn't a distinct measure of time.  It is the time from the birth of a child to the birth of that child's first child.  In that way the "length" of a generation varies.

2. profile image49

How much time would have passed between Buddha and when the first canon was written down for us? How many human generations had passed in between?

Would you kindly enlighten us with this information? Please

Thanks

1. profile image0

Three months after the Buddha's death 500 of his disciples gathered to memorize the Buddha's life and teachings to pass them through the generations.  This is how the tradition survived for 400 years.

The first Buddhist scripture was recorded in the written word 400 years after the Buddha's death.

Never forget though paarsurrey, the written word can be just as easily misinterpreted, and corrupted as the spoken word can.

3. profile image49

I don't agree with you. Buddha was a wise person; he could have adopted both the systems; so that one supports the other. If later ordinary people felt the need to write it down as "Pali canon"; why a wise man like Buddha could not realize it four hundred years ealier?

Did Buddha knew how to read and write? Please

Thanks

1. profile image0

Buddha wrote nothing, you can disagree all you like, but he recorded not a word.

1. profile image49

With what wisdom he preferred not to write? What enlightenment do you see in it? Please

I understand that there are some Buddhist groups who claim to have something written by Buddha.

I love Buddha as I love Zoroaster and Krishna

Thanks

1. profile image0

Why does he need to write anything down?  The Buddha was against written scripture.  He believed that people should find the truth for themselves, and not just read it from a book.

1. profile image49

I don't agree with you.

Do you think; those who finally wrote down the Buddhist canon; they did it against the wisdom of Buddha, his teachings and his wishes?

Thanks

1. profile image0

Well, I'm happy at least you've started to say "I don't agree with you" instead of "no, that's wrong" - I think that in itself is progress wink

In the Buddha's time there would have been no need to record anything because he was alive and well.  His teachings couldn't be forgotten or distorted because he was there to spread them.  I don't think the Buddha intended for an entire religious system to be formed around his teachings as he believed each person should seek out the truth for themselves.  He believed no scripture should replace that individual quest for truth.

That being said, after 400 years I'm sure there was a lot of division amoungst followers of the Buddha, and so the First Buddha Council came together to unite the followers with a written scripture.  That being said while I'm sure a good portion of the Buddha's original teachings were preserved, one must always keep in mind  that it was a council of direct descendants of the Buddha's disciples that decided what was and was not an original teaching of the Buddha.

How do I know for certain?  Well, I don't, but nobody knows very much for certain.  I can only do what the Buddha taught to do, seek the truth for myself.

Muhammad, your prophet, was alive in a different time.  In the Buddha's time not many people would have known how to read and so recording his teachings would have been useless.  Not only that, but in his time no scriptures were recorded, even Jesus did not record his teachings because as I said, very few people would have been able to read them anyways.  In the time of your prophet however reading was a lot more common.  Your Qu'ran was written by Muhammad himself yes, but he is not alive today.  You have no way of knowing for certain that the Qu'ran you have now is the same Qu'ran that Muhammad wrote.  Just as I have to take it on faith that the Pali Canon is the Buddha's original teachings, you have to take it on faith that your Qu'ran is the same Qu'ran that Muhammad wrote.

2. Rod Marsden profile image68

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
        Buddha

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
        Buddha

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
        Buddha

Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
        Buddha

He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
        Buddha

Buddha quotes off the internet backing what I have been trying to tell you.

Just for fun look up Legend of the Monkey King yourself. Better known in Australia simply as Monkey. might do you some good paarsurrey.

1. profile image0

He won't believe it because they weren't written in the Buddha's own handwriting.  This is what his problem is.  He is convinced that because the Buddha wrote nothing, the oral tradition has been corrupted, and as such Buddhists know nothing about the Buddha.  In his mind because the Buddha's history does not seem characteristic of who he believes the Buddha to be, the history must be wrong.

But if the Buddha wrote nothing down, then how is paarsurrey to know what the Buddha was like at all?  He can't, and as such he is contradicting himself.

Well regardless of who wrote the quotes down or how close they come to what Buddha had in mind I happen to like the ones I have quoted. If all Buddhists followed the 6 mentioned above and others followed suit I believe we'd have a pretty good world.

Unity of life...not bad

love better than hate...pretty good

compassion for all beings...I like a lot!

One word of peace better than a lot of empty words...I'll buy that.

MONKEY? A lot of fun with some good morals...Good value.

So who do you want to be crmhaske? The brash but often well meaning Monkey? Pigsy whose appetite for everything gets the better of him? The Sea Monster who is a bit of an intellectual? The soft spoken  priest they are guarding on the long journey? I got a feeling the Sea Monster would suit you best.

1. profile image0

I'm not worried, I'm mostly just bored.  I'm content with who I am and where I am headed.

What amuses me is how everyone here thinks they have the moral or intellectual highground because of credentials or followers or the number of nice quotes they agree with.  Everyone is at odds with each other to prove they are the smarter one, the nicer one, the more knowledgeable one, the more tolerant one, the more open one etc. etc.

It really is quite amusing.  No, amusing isn't the right word.  It's ... interesting.

I just see the best in the Buddhism I have come across being compassion.

Also the Zen Buddhism I came across many years ago when I was in my 20s all came with tongue in cheek humor. There are stories meant to make you smile, even laugh and it isn't a bad way to learn.

Monkey I used to enjoy with my nieces and nephew. No harm in that crmhaske. By saying you can be the Sea Monster I was just being cheeky and thought that you would play along and also have fun with the idea. No offense meant or me trying to inflate myself at your or anyone else's expense.

Not sure how tolerant I really am in the end or how smart or how wise. And I don't always know where the high ground is.

Sometimes loosening up and having a laugh is the best way to get you through the day.

1. profile image0

lol, sorry, I wasn't directing the shpeal at you or anyone in particular.  I haven't actually read the Legend of the Monkey King though I have seen a portion of it acted out in a Chinese performance Shen Yun so I don't fully understand who this sea monster is wink

He once ate people but in repenting and evolving into a man he is on the journey with Monkey, the Priest and Pigsy. Since the Sea monster has been around he is somewhat of a philosopher and intellectual. He regrets his misdeeds and is basically the deep thinker of the group.

The Monkey King translation into English I read is enjoyable and so is the Japanese television show Monkey. We started reading The Monkey King before the television show came out to Australia.

32. Rod Marsden profile image68

A sense of humor wouldn't hurt you much paarsurrey. It might feel strange at first having one but it would do you some good.

1. profile image49

Thanks

33. Padrino profile image61
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

Cap'n Crunch cereal?

Cap'n Crunch serial comes from India? If it keeps you regular it might be good for meditation.

34. RKHenry profile image65
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

I've read quite a bit of this forum, and why do so many think Buddhism is a religion?  Is it really?  I mean, I don't know but some of my buds are Buddhist.  I just thought it was a principle practice, with pain in the ass exercises. That yoga crap is for the birds.

1. profile image0

The belief in a creator or in any other supernatural something is not a prerequisite for something to be called a religion.  A religion is merely a complete worldview, which Buddhism is.

Yoga for the record is not Buddhist, but Hindu, and to each their own, but there is a long list of health benefits from the practice of yoga and meditation.

1. RKHenry profile image65
        RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well my Jap/American bud is Buddhist, and a crazed maniac when it comes to yoga.  Buddhism did originate in India, maybe there is a connection there.  But seriously I don't give a poop.  I just never considered Ben's lifestyle a religion.  I don't even know if Ben thinks Buddhism is his faith.  Hell, looks like I need to ask.

1. profile image0

That depends on what parts of Buddhism he has made a part of his life that determines whether he is Buddhist by faith or Buddhist by lifestyle, and yes, you'd have to ask him.

Buddhist monks do not practice yoga as you know it.  Yoga (the traditional view of yoga) is not part of Buddhist practice, though many supplement their Buddhist practice with it - I for one do.

Yoga does however exist in Buddhism, but this word represents something completely different than the normal connotations of the word.

Yoga is union with god ,similar to meditation.

35. marinealways24 profile image59

If there is infinite confusion where no one can agree on the belief, it usually means it's a religion. lol

I am sure some Buddhists would find humor in the last few comments. A river is a river no matter what name tag you care to give it. You want to call Buddhism a religion sure fine do it. If you don't that is cool too.  Regardless Buddhism remains Buddhism. By the way the spell check seems to want it to be a religion if that counts. It doesn't want me to put Buddhism into lower case all the way.

Another sign of something being a religion is when something ends in "ism". I don't have anything against buddhists, just calling what I perceive.

Some people would say you call as you see 'em marinealways24.

You have spell check on side so there you go.

2. profile image49

Like Atheism!?

Thanks

lol  good one paarsurrey

1. profile image49

Thanks

36. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

As my Buddhist friends have no original words with them from Buddha; the same way they cannot for certainty tell us the source of wisdom of Buddha; they can only guess with doubts and confusion.

Thanks

ask dalai lama for details...but buddha's main source was meditation..vipasana ...if u practice meditation who knows thousands years down the line some one might end up asking what is source of paarsurrey's wisdom

1. profile image49

Hi friend pisean282311

I don't mind if the respected Dalai Lama writes here. Truth should be found out; whereever and wherefrom it may come, with reason, rationality and brilliant arguments.

Thanks

2. profile image49

Hi friends

I don't mind if  dalai lama responds here or one of his followeres. I am only interested in the truth; if it comes from  dalai lama , I don't mind it.

How dod you know that Buddha's main source was meditation? Do you have anything in writing from Buddha? Is it anybody guess without anything written by Buddha?

Thanks

why dont u join dalai lama on twitter..i follow him and let me tell you , it is worth following him...he is indeed a great soul...

2. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get over yourself.

1. profile image49

Would you please elaborate if further?

Thanks

1. profile image0

You've put yourself on the pedestal of truth, and are determined to let everyone below you know how wrong they are, and how right you are.  It's impossible to have any true conversation with a person such as that.  Come down off your pedestal, and people here will respect you a lot more for it.

1. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

I have no claim to piety or scholarship already; I am already off any pedestal as I am an ordinary man in the street. I consider you a knowledgeable person and that is why I call you teacher. I will learn from you with reason.

Thanks

1. profile image0

Yet you are blind to that reason if it threatens your worldview.

37. profile image49

Hi friends

I don't think that Buddhas's source was mere meditation; meditation of itself is not a source of enlightenment or wisdom unless it is in the form of prayer to the Creator-God Allah YHWH to guide one on to the truthful path and this prayer is accepted by the Creator -God Allah YHWH; that in other words is Revelation. Buddhas's source of wisdom or enlightenment must be therefore Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH; which the Buddhists have lost in its original form.

I express my faith with reasons; others are welcome to differ with me with reason; no compulsion whatsoever.

Thanks

Mediation gives one revelation.

1. profile image49

Hi friend mohitmisra

One cannot force the Creator-God Allah YHWH to give one Word of Revelation ; it is entirely His grace. One has different impurities in ones's self; if one has not purified one first; then the meditation could do the opposite; instead of receiving Coverse from God, one could convers with the devil.

[12:51] And the King said, ‘Bring him to me.’ But when the messenger came to him, he said, ‘Go back to thy lord and ask him how fare the women who cut their hands: for, my Lord well knows their crafty design.’
        [12:52] He (the King) said to the women, ‘What was the matter with you when you sought to seduce Joseph against his will?’ They said, ‘He kept away from sin for fear of Allah — we have known no evil against him.’ The wife of the ‘Aziz said, ‘Now has the truth come to light. It was I who sought to seduce him against his will, and surely, he is the truthful.’
        [12:53] Joseph said, ‘I asked for that enquiry to be made so that he (the ‘Aziz) might know that I was not unfaithful to him in his absence and that Allah suffers not the device of the unfaithful to succeed.
        [12:54] ‘And I do not hold my own self to be free from weakness; for, the soul is surely prone to enjoin evil, save that whereon my Lord has mercy. Surely, my Lord is Most Forgiving, Merciful.’
        [12:55] And the King said, ‘Bring him to me that I may take him specially for myself.’ And when he had spoken to him, he said, ‘Thou art this day a man of established position and trust with us.’
        [12:56] He said, ‘Appoint me over the treasures of the land, for I am a good keeper, and possessed of knowledge.’
        [12:57] And thus did We establish Joseph in the land. He dwelt therein wherever he pleased. We bestow Our mercy on whomsoever We please, and We suffer not the reward of the righteous to perish.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=50

Joseph, the enlightened one admits [12:54] that one's self have impurities; unless first these are removed one cannot be enlightened.

Thanks

what is islam's take on devil?...i presume islam believes in ghost , jinn..are they considered to be devil?..

1. profile image49

Hi friend pisean282311

For Islam's take on "Jinn", one may like to access follwoing link:

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/re … ion_3.html

Islam's take on devil:

Devil

"Now, turn to Zoroastrianism, what Zoroaster says is again the same thing in different terms. He speaks of fire against darkness, and makes fire the symbol of truth which is God and darkness a symbol of falsehood which is the devil. One finds similar symbolic statements in the Bible and in the Holy Qur'an, but there they do not mean that evil had a separate entity in itself and emanated from a God who was independent of the God of goodness.

So, these are symbolic terms and the use of similar terminology is found in every religion. It is our duty not to be confused by them but to come to a reasonable, sensible understanding whereby we could reconcile the world religions as have emanated from the same single source that is God."

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000158.html

These are symbolic terms meaning no real beings.

Thanks

One must have no desires and let god or die to attain enlightenment.

There are three philosophies for enlightenment
          1.Its in mans hands
          2-.It totally depended on god.
          3,Its a two way story as you reach out o god he reaches out to you.

All three are correct.

1. profile image49

Hi friend  mohitmisra

There is only one philosophy of Enlightenment.

Man must strive to be close to the Creator-God Allah YHWH. If one is sincere; then entirely in His own grace the Creator- God Allah YHWH may come closer to one;this way it becomes a two way story.

These are three stages of only one Philosphy of Englightenment.

Thanks

Please read up on different philosophies and masters and you will understand what I am saying paarsurrey.

Different masters have different viewpoints.
              It all depends on the I one is referring to.

38. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

39. profile image49

None except Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

[24:36] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a lustrous niche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. It is lit from a blessed tree — an olive — neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would well-nigh glow forth even though fire touched it not. Light upon light! Allah guides to His light whomsoever He will. And Allah sets forth parables to men, and Allah knows all things full well.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=35

40. theindiaphile profile image60
    theindiaphileposted 13 years ago

His discovery that we are all One, that there never was two, that there is no I, no you, and no world, there is only this, simple, uncomplicated, moment. Also, there is no space and no time. There is only this! There is only now! And there is no one perceiving this now. It is the now perceiving itself....

41. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Contemplation, meditation, the removal of obstacles to insight and ceasing association with awareness, resolving into dormancy and shining forth as pure consciousness.

42. profile image49

None except Word of Revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

43. adagio4639 profile image60
    adagio4639posted 13 years ago

>"What was the source of Buddha's wisdom?"<

Nothingness

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep!

2. profile image49

Please elaborate it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)