If the world ends in 2012 how will it happen?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Jefferypalama profile image60
    Jefferypalamaposted 13 years ago

It won't.

But if it does, please e-mail me in case I missed it.

If it does happen, it will be a solar flash, which is the sun getting way too close to earth, then heating up too hot, and then traveling away

1. britneydavidson profile image61
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you look seriously around the world, then it is clearly seen every where in world people die in lot of number, like accident ( air, road, etc), heath issues, depression, earth quake, terrriorism, floods, fire, suicide, murders and many more so this shows that the ratio of this things will go high and high day by day and all these things will tranform the world to a new world called " Heaven" - So just do your good in your every terms and hope for the best! God Bless All!

2. profile image0
      bolt1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't really matter as far as i'm concern the world ended the minute man appeared.

3. profile image56
      Hell N0posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The earth will end when uranus explodes.

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you that the world won't end in 2012.
      Just obey the commandments of the Creator-God and do virtuous deeds to fellow human beings.

And enjoy life accordingly.

5. profile image49
      GcNexusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,why are you so worried about Global explosion may occur at 2012!. Do not heard those things just maintain your regular schedule & be happy.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Cool!  We'll be the only humans in history to know how things turned out!  smile

3. wilsontom profile image59
    wilsontomposted 13 years ago

i don't believe that world is going to end

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..hey...i'll have to remember to run up the old credit card...max it out...no one will care...yeehaw!....i better apply for a couple more...just for fun.....

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Party on, Garth"!  lol  I have a Hub about throwing a 12-21-2012 end of the world party!  It does better the closer to the date we get, so parties will be the rule!  smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

....sheesh....i didn't even know the date....just knew it was something about 2012....i'm sure there will be a lot of great parties...yeehaw...i'll have to remember the date now.................. tongue

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

If the world ends in 2012 how will it happen?

Democrascy will spread ...      Each of us will consider ourselves wise ... Anarcy will rule ...   and we will die with it !   

And then we will KNOW .....   More than we know now ??

Some of us!  lol

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or  NOT? ....   ??

Speak for yourself, Jerami!  I am a survival expert.  That means I am ready for any situation except total annihilation by nuclear war or meteor impact.  By the way, we have a major meteor or asteroid impact roughly every 100 years.  The last was Tunguska in 1908.  We are overdue! smile

Well I ish ya all tha luck in the world !

When the grsss quits growing .... ?    what do ya need to know in order to survive ?? 

No  if there is only enough grass growing for 1 out of twenty five people to survive .? .  what do Y gott turn into in order to survive ?   ...  And will it be worth it ?

I don't think we will need to smoke that much grass in that case!  Besides, I never cared for eating it either!  lol

Then if you don't think So ...  it must not be  ?

For some reason I trust my judgment more than yours!  smile

Good for you !    ...    That is what we are suposed to do !

6. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

The Middle East will worsen to a point where there is WW 3 delives of oil could grind to a halt and Armageddon emerge...

And some where in the middle of all that  there is goina be a lote of people getting hungry first before they really start crossing borders!

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no world war can finish life...we are talking about life and if we consider only human species and forget about rest , then too no war has had taken more than 1-2% of human lives...

7. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

how?...possible only through meteorite ...

8. profile image58
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

If it does happen, we won't know and we'll be too dead to care!

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As that time passes 2012, I will turn to the christians and say- false alarm again, as they ignore me again.

9. jrcemail profile image62
    jrcemailposted 13 years ago

Cats and dogs living together

Sarah Palin becomes president and endorses game hunting by helicopter

Those people that ring your doorbell selling subscriptions try and sell you Amway too!

10. Jefferypalama profile image60
    Jefferypalamaposted 13 years ago

its great to know what you all think about The End of The Worl, but what i must say is that after the the end of this world there is another one to start with after this. Death for mankind i know its an exit way for another opening for entanal life of etanal condemination, depends on how you spent your life now.

11. Micky Dee profile image69
    Micky Deeposted 13 years ago

The world will end in an election year. Many will be bored to death. Many will be found with chairs kicked from under them. The only survivors will be candidates and staunch supporters. These will breed but intelligence will wither because each will demand private schools for their children. They will have to raise their own.

When the true religion appears to be ending our earth and bodies are swallowed up whole by fire everywhere.

When the true religion or one of the 2000 disagreeable version of bible shows it's true self as the one and only way plus true savior to god, until then, so I'm not mistaken, will repent my total soul at that very second.

12. Hugh Williamson profile image74
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

"If the world ends in 2012 how will it happen?"

Don't tell me. I like surprises.

1. Jefferypalama profile image60
      Jefferypalamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It will happen like a flash light

1. Hugh Williamson profile image74
        Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jeffery - People have been predicting the end of time since time began. The bible says no one knows the hour or the day, so the bible isn't much of a source for an ending date, although some claim to have "deciphered" some hidden code there.

The world will end...someday.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Dozens of Christian can describe to me in detail how the world will end, but not one will sell me their land cheap, where is the faith?

I'll sell ya mine!!!!!!

But I gotta get enough out of it to keep me confi  for a coupla years.

"I'll  SELL   Ya mine under them terms"

You got land Jerami?

Yep  do Ya want to buy it ? 

Give me a 1/5 of what it is worth today  ...   let me stay in it till 2012 then it can be yours.  In 2012.

See my profile picture ?

That is standing on the bottom step of my bacl deck.

If ya look closley ...   there is a 12 X 16 hot tub in the middle of the pic.

Not a bad idea!!!!

I will wait too, just before Christmass, land should be really red hot to bye everywhere in the USA OR they go bankrupt, what ever comes first.

3. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We gonna need batteries?

1. Bronson_Hub profile image61
          Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like a whole shoe box full of them.

13. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I think, if the mayans had any insight, then what will probably happen is the world will change the orientation of it's axis. Worst case scenario. Best case scenario, we'll have a party when nothing happens.

14. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

conversation with God (fiction based on realistic assumption)

hi God. Hey i gotta question for you.

okay, go ahead.

whens the earth gonna end?

let me see. hang on i'll just check the mayan calandar

lol

15. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

I think it will end when it decides to with a fullstop.big_smile

16. Fluffymetal profile image74
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

don't ya'll watch the news... the world will not end but Mother Earth is taking back her planet.  2012 is about change not the end of the world.

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think your post is dead on. Maybe not in 2012, but soon.

1. Fluffymetal profile image74
        Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

17. Jerami profile image58

Good night Yawl ...   It is nearly 1:30 AM here

18. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Let's see, now...

Under Yellowstone National Park is the largest active volcano in the world.  Historically, it has erupted every 600,000 years or so.

The last one was 630,000 years ago, so it's overdue.  The last eruption was a thousand times bigger than Mt St Helens, and the ash blanketed nearly the whole of the US west of the Mississipi. 

As for the rest of the world - maybe we'll get a meteor strike as well.  The Earth hasn't had a decent-sized one of those for a while, either. 

Finally, there's global warming.  Many scientists now believe it won't be gradual.  You know how when you're defrosting a fridge and nothing much seems to be happening, then suddenly the ice starts breaking and slipping?  The ice on the poles and glaciers will do the same at a critical temperature.  Once they start collapsing in a big way, they'll start melting much faster, and sea levels will rise very quickly. 

I don't believe the prediction, but it's pretty easy to find plenty of ways it could happen.

These are great examples, ..  There are multitudes of other indicators,
      The world isn't going to end ...  Though a MAJOR change is coming over the horizon.   And most of us can feel it, the same way that many animals senses an earthquake before it happens.

There will be earthquakes as never before,

The alignment of the earth, sun, and that black hole at the center of out universe ????   This precise spot on the sun is affected the least by the gravititional forces from that black hole. 
         At this exact time the sun is predicted to begin a cycle of great solar actavity.  It will require only one of these solar flares to sweep across the earth to damage every one of our communication satalites that are in orbit.   Now that is scarry!

But before this happens ... ? 
      Look at the economic and, political establishments!

The enviromental system has become streatched to the breaking point.

Every system around the world is already entered into a time of change.

Countries are overthrowing dictators.  This will continue.

Yes the earth is entering into a time of great change.

And when it is all said and done ... this change will not be a good thing from my prostective.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The earthquakes have been predicted at the End of Times by the truthful Messengers Prophets of the Creator-God. Bibles mentions it; Quran also mentiones it:

[99:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [99:2] When the earth is shaken with her violent shaking,
        [99:3] And the earth brings forth her burdens,
        [99:4] And man says, ‘What is the matter with her?’
        [99:5] That day will she tell her news,
        [99:6] For thy Lord will have revealed about her.
        [99:7] On that day will men come forth in scattered groups that they may be shown the results of their works.
        [99:8] Then whoso does an atom’s weight of good will see it,
        [99:9] And whoso does an atom’s weight of evil will also see it.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=99

The Chapter/Surah has been named
        The Holy Quran : Chapter 99: Al-Zilzal الزّلزَلة

The Earthquake.

It is an era not necessarily the year 2012.

The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 specifically was Reavelaed about it.

It will not be out of place to mention that World War-1 and  World War-2 also were like earthquakes; and may be World War-3 still comes as a worst jolt to mankind; if things are not set right and humanity does not give attention to the Creator-God.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  Hilarious, Jerami. I could offer you a soapbox and a street corner on which to stand to orate to the masses, or should I go get a butterfly net? LOL!

19. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Oh dear I killed the thread...

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Marissa, Your reply is very interesting. smile

20. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

The world might never end.
    Mankind might become extinct due to a natural disaster/ disease and/or general stupidity but the earth will continue as it always has.
    BTW: Why do people buy-in to the whole Mayan 2012 thing. The Mayans didn't even invent the wheel and they believed in Human sacrifice.
    The practice of human sacrifice poisoned their water source and brought about their own extinction/disappearance.
    LOL. Ridiculous really

Not buying into the whole Mayan 2012 thing, but the Mayan astronomers were very accurate regarding their calendar and other celestial computations.

They were able to predict Venus's orbit to within 2 hours of complete accuracy for more than 500 years into their future.  I doubt seriously you could do as well today, even using a telescope or computer.  Neither of which the Mayans had access to.  smile

And human sacrifice?  Most religions have demanded them at one time or another.  Ever heard of Jesus?

It puzzles me why the longest and most civil culture in North and South America would make a prediction such as 2012 end of the World.

The prediction to my own logic and feelings does not make sense

Actually they didn't, CP.  If I understand it correctly, their calendar merely ends on December 21 2012.  No dire preditions as to what happens after the calendar ceases or why it does so.

The rest of the hype is just that, hype.   If I'm wrong and the world indeed ends on that date, I'll apologize the next day.  I promise!  smile

Actually, that makes better sense.

I feel a little bit better already, except,  maybe that's why deep down Christians won't sell me their land for cheap.

2. profile image0
            BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL.

Rack up loads of credit card debt in the hopes that you will never have to pay it because the world is going to end.

2. profile image0

The Mayans were real! Jesus is a joke!!!
        Besides, in the story book (bible) even they were not dumb enough to kill next to their WATER SOURCE.

Who cares about Venus, when they could not even imagine the wheel.

Which do you think was more important to the development of a society. Inventing the wheel or predicting the orbit of Venus.

Also why could they predict their own demise or the arrival of the Spanish or did they focus their prophetic visions solely on the end of the world.

I wish the world ends in 2012 but just for humans. We truly are a unique species. So intelligent but so blind and stupid in other ways.
        We will bring about our own demise.

Knowing when to plant food crops using astronomical calculations was very important to most sedentary societies.  What would you deem more important, eating or riding?  Pack animals were used for transporting goods in most cases. 

Necessity is the mother........!  smile

21. TerryGl profile image56
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

When the planets align as they are going to do then Earth will lose its gravity.

I think we will all just float off the planet.

1. profile image0

Actually that sounds awesome!!!!

22. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

A massive Hot air accident. Glenn Beck will explode and take planet earth out.

23. Jerami profile image58

Jerami wrote:
    There will be earthquakes as never before,
    =======================================================
    The earthquakes have been predicted at the End of Times by the truthful Messengers Prophets of the Creator-God. Bibles mentions it; Quran also mentiones it:
    = - - = - =  == - -;;;

And my favorite prophet (I call him Jesus) 
    said that the end of days were coming in that generation!

He told the pharasees that he was looking at, talking to,
    that " were going to torture and kill the wise men that jesus sends to them.

THEN   in the next conversation; ...  Jesus tells Peter, James and John and Andred inb a PRIVATE conversation; that  "They" were going to be tortured and killed for their faith in HIM !    And the end will come in that generation but NO one knows the day.

WHY  IS  THAT ??????   so hard ??  to understand that we have to start "Interpretating" what he said to mean something that he didn't say ??

Wouldn't That be blasphemy ?????????

[99:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [99:2] When the earth is shaken with her violent shaking,
    [99:3] And the earth brings forth her burdens,
    [99:4] And man says, ‘What is the matter with her?’
    [99:5] That day will she tell her news,
    [99:6] For thy Lord will have revealed about her.
    [99:7] On that day will men come forth in scattered groups that they may be shown the results of their works.
    [99:8] Then whoso does an atom’s weight of good will see it,
    [99:9] And whoso does an atom’s weight of evil will also see it.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=99

The Chapter/Surah has been named
    The Holy Quran : Chapter 99: Al-Zilzal الزّلزَلة

The Earthquake.

It is an era not necessarily the year 2012.

The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 specifically was Reavelaed about it.

It will not be out of place to mention that World War-1 and  World War-2 also were like earthquakes; and may be World War-3 still comes as a worst jolt to mankind; if things are not set right and humanity does not give attention to the Creator-God.
    Posted 5 days ago replypermalinkreport

Post a Replyjump to first post
    « Previous1 2 3 4Next

24. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

If the world ends in 2012 how will it happen?  roll

Shssssh... C'Mon.....

Every SEO Pro and Rational Thinker KNOWS it Will End With a Murdoch directed GOOGLE SLAP!! smile

25. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i've decided to have a party Dec 21 - it's a friday nite too...Randy G gave me some great ideas...it should be fun!

...and Randy?.... i'm a size small... big_smile

26. Romano Arnesto profile image61
    Romano Arnestoposted 13 years ago

It will come if it's meant for us. I'm starting to reflect of my daily activities. Better help the needy and teach them how to accept it, too.

27. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

It always says the world will end as we know it. Not that it will cease to exist. There is this quote from somewhere, not sure if it is the bible or what. But heres what it said.

"And, I looked, and behold there was a great earth quake. The rivers and seas boiled, and the skies fell."

And, you are seeing this from where? I get the earthquake and the boiling. But, you want to tell me how you see the skies fall? The sky is nothing but air and gasses. How could it possibly fall? I'm sorry, but I don't think seeing the sky fall is possible.

People were very crazy in 2000 when they were sure the world was going to come to an end, and everything would stop working, and nothing happened, other than stores raking in big bucks on people buying disaster supplies. And, not surprisingly the churches selling expensive doomsday kits, and building massive underground shelters for the believers at $60,000.00 a pop.

I was actually working on the eve of 1999-2000, and we had our busiest shopping day ever. I celebrated that new years eve with my friends, and got up the next morning and went back to work, kind of bummed that nothing had changed.

When judgement day comes, I am declaring my own form of martial law to protect myself from hard cord Christians

Nothing will be more dangerous than a delusional self prophecy of a fundamentalist Christian thinking the world will end

Anyone wants to join me,? its safety in numbers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)