Give me few tips for Weight Loss

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Kmadhav profile image60
    Kmadhavposted 14 years ago

I started a GYM for exercise from the last three weeks. I want to loose weight . So dear hubbers give some your valuable suggestions while doing exercise and for diets. What are the best exercises for ABS.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found the best excercises for abs are crunches, but I am a woman. They feel good and it keeps everything toned and firm. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and try to stay away from to many carbs. Fresh seafood and chicken are also healthy but don't let it bore you enjoy eating but in moderation. If you are a drinker stop and you love soda cut it out and limit yourself to 1-2 glassed per day. Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day and if you fit in in your routine try to drink more then that. Do not go and indulge on any fast food after excercise or while you are dieting you will defeat the purpose. smile
      I wish you all of the best and maybe you can share your progress by writing an article. smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great advice I reckon! smile

2. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend..
      Highly recommend 0 calorie: cooking spray and butter spray, Always walk your meals off.. lengthier the better. How fast can you go can help,  Lean meats,.. never eat before going to bed either. invest in salads, apples, califlower,.. try to get your salad dressing as low in calorie as possible. Never add whole egg in it either they are high in cholestrol. Egg beaters are recommended..
      Good luck.. hugs to all.

3. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been exersizing for a while - palates, wii fit, wii active, weights etc etc!

It's funny, but the only thing that really seems to help my abs is gardening! I have so many weeds in my grass that I'm now constantly bending to pick out weeds - I spend probably 30 mins a day doing this - it really has helped out!!!!! So come on over to my garden and pick out my weeds for me!!!

4. aj's profile image59
      aj'sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From my experience, i can tell that there is no easy way to lose weight... Workout smarter, stick to a strict diet plan which supplies you good nutrients and a good deal of quality proteins

The main part is to burn that extra calories... cardio workouts like cycling, jogging etc can help a lot.

1. beth811 profile image77
        beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I cited above is one of the many ways to lose weight. I know, there is no easy way to lose weight. But if you enjoy doing exercises like biking and jogging, you have fun and at the same time you are losing weight.

5. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best way is the hard way.
      Eat less.

I have had a smaller budget this summer and fall.

I have lost 25 pounds. true!

good luck to you

1. profile image56
        shanypaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i dnt think so best way to hard way and no need to skip meal,you can take small meal in a day....
        its better n really you can get result

6. spease profile image59
      speaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

doing ab exercises is not going to help you lose weight.  If you want to make your abs hard so you can see them.  You need to have low body fat.  To get low body fat, you need to eat right, and burn off the fat by doing cardio and weight training on your entire body.

7. rcrm89 profile image64
      rcrm89posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get or borrow Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe if you are doing weight training.

8. Bianu profile image60
      Bianuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dony eat less. Change the proportions in the foods you eat. Concentrate on complex carbs

9. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Second, Never eat proteins and Carbohydrates together (No more meat and potatoes).

10. Holdingservice profile image61
      Holdingserviceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My husband and I both lost weight and have done it in different ways.  He works out for two to three hours a day focusing mostly on cardio weight lifting combination.  I can't afford to work out that long each day because I don't work from home like him, so I walk two to three miles around my neighborhood every day and it takes me less than an hour.  I've completely changed my eating habits and have seen the pounds drop.  In less than two months, he lost 40lbs and I lost 20.  I did not give up Pepsi and on the weekends I treated myself to whatever I wanted, but I ate a lot of fresh (nearly butter free) popcorn between meals and I ate less food but more frequently, so I was never hungry to the point that I overindulged.  My husband ate lots of tuna.  He has a will power that I don't have, but we both did a great job. 

Now that he's lost so much weight, his metabolism is so high that his body continues to burn although he doesn't put in as many hours a day as he use to.  His toned and now I can see his muscles really forming.  He looks great!. 

Find an exercise you like and try to stick to it for a while.  Once you become bored, change up a little.  I change locations weekly and sometimes daily.  Depending on how I feel.  I also add boosters like running up and down bleachers which I love.  It allows my body to work up quicker and gets my adrenaline going.  Once done with the bleachers, I walk and jog. 

My husband has done so well that he's now decided to incorporate training into his life.  He's a real estate broker, but he's now completing personal training school because he's been giving free advice and training those at church and doing a great job.

Good luck.

11. LaurenLL profile image61
      LaurenLLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it would  a good idea to drink green tea as it helps to burn calories..

2. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Eat less (reduce the qunatity of your meals) and drink a lot of water, Avoid oily food as well as sweets.

3. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

You have decided to hit a gym that is the first step that shows you really want to get healthy. You are really what you eat, control all the junk bakery and oily stuff. Go to more fibre rich and fruit diet. Avoid Dinner after seven have soups and drink eight glasses of water. I never smoke or drink so minus those calories as well. You can loose a lot only if you are determined.
    Follow this motto never starve your selves it never works, if you like something have a bite but remember portion control. Have a healthy body image and know for a fact you will be able to do it and you will love the result.

I have joined gym recently and wrote hubs on both on health and safety aspects and summer weight loss. I am hinting this only so that it can help you for more foresight.

4. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Read some of Darksides Hubs, he's well into fitness hubs and he deff looks fit smile

5. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

weight loss no short cut...only exercises and diet will make it happen....what would be the best food for weight loss? i personally recommend protein shakes....y.....cause protein shakes effectively reduce calories from your body throughout weight loss period....thus....no need to go for any streneous exercises....go for hula hoop (for girls), swimming and jogging. For me this is the top 3 weight loss tools for get rid of fat.......i share these with you because i do lose 80 lbs before....now i stay fit with about 102 lbs.....visit to my hub and site for getting some protein shakes info? http://letsproteinshakes.blogspot.com

see usmile

6. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 14 years ago

Hi, crunchs very slowly and as many as you can do, aerobics/ dancing can help for an hour.. also holding you stomach in every day. Those stomach wraps.. good luck, hugs to all..

7. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Pay close attention to your portion sizes when you eat. Most food labels list appropriate serving sizes. Stick with that, and you will not overeat.

8. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

two winning tips for weight loss, dieting and exercises, no other way to go. If there is a way, that way also provides you short term results. Find the correct diet and practice correct exercises will do...

Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very much true  smile

9. Jezhug profile image40
    Jezhugposted 14 years ago

I have recently lost quite a bit of weight by using meal replacement shakes. I find they are quite good if you are always on the go and don't have much time to exercise. I have tried a lot of different meal replacement sachets in the past, but the best meal replacement by far is the Kate Morgan ones. They have a lot of variety, taste great and I lost 10 kilograms over one month on them!

Good luck with the dieting Kmadhav, I am sure you will have washboard abs in no time wink

10. kayus4321irka profile image56
    kayus4321irkaposted 14 years ago

there are no all in tips to weight loss.you have to know the tips that you can effectively displine your self and sick to.in a nut shell visit my blog for incisive weight loss tips
    http:weight losstipsonfire-kay.blogspot.com.thanks.

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

A lot of sex always kept me fit and trim.

Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

12. Kmadhav profile image60
    Kmadhavposted 14 years ago

Great Valuable suggestion by my dear hubbers smile

Thank you

13. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 14 years ago

The first thing I would say is that you will not lose weight by exercise alone; you need to have a balanced diet to lose weight, and burn body fat.

If you do not have a balance of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates your muscles will be starved on energy and in some case weight loss can be from the destruction of muscle mass and not fat burning. I say this because many people will have a tendency to drop carbs from their diet and eat a mainly protein diet when trying to lose weight.

If you are looking to develop your abs, get that six pack, your diet will be of major importance. You could do all the abs workouts in the world but if you have a layer of fat over the top of the abdominals, you’ll never see it.

I would advise against doing a lot of abdominal training, working with full body exercises like squats, chin ups and press ups will work out your core and deliver a more functional strength in your whole body.

Initially I’d advise working on the Plank to build up your abdominal and lower back strength endurance. This will better prepare your body for the increasing intensity your body will be subjected to in your future workouts.

14. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Wrong thread, dude.

15. TheProteinReview profile image59
    TheProteinReviewposted 14 years ago

Have you considered fasting?  I have just started out with fasting so it's too early to analyse results but I think a 24 hour fast once or twice a week may bring many health benefits as well as promote fat loss.

1. beth811 profile image77
      beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think fasting is good.You will likely binge on foods when you are hungry.  It will have a negative impact on your body being suddenly starved and suddenly full. Just eat frequent small, good meals.

16. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

Take time chewing food thoroughly so that you will not likely overeat. By prolonging the eating time- lengthening the interval between each mouhtful of food, you will become satisfied without eating an excess amount of calories. This is the simple and natural way to lose diet.

17. profile image52
    hardBODmirandaposted 14 years ago

Great Advices, keep it up. This forum is so helpful.

--------------------------------------------------
    “He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything. - http://bit.ly/48bj8y”

18. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

The University of San Diego did a study on the best exercises for abs, the best one being the bicycle crunch  #2 is captains chair #3 doing the crunch on an exercise ball ( the one i do doesnt hurt your back so much) #4 vertical leg crunch #5 Torso Track #6 Long Arm Crunch #7 Reverse Crunch #8 Crunch with heel push # 9 Ab Roller  #10 Hover #11 Traditional Crunch #12 Exercise Tubing Pull and #13 Ab Rocker Im sure your can google these ab exercises to see how they are done. Fasting is bad slows your metabolism instead of heating it up. Your body will think its starving and your metabolism will shut down to conserve. To burn calories you need to consume calories.

1. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
      DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nothing will work unless you unblock the arterial flow of blood. all the diets and crunches in the world won't change your OVER 100,000 miles of arterial systems that are blocked and thus the fat will not release until you do so. i have done all the things listed and nothing worked until i took ONE supplement that cleared all my arteries out, the belly-fat melted away like butter.......Dr. Mike

19. profile image56
    shanypaulposted 13 years ago

no need to take tension,i will give easy tips for weight lose:

1.drink lots of water
    2.eat green vegetable
    3.do exercise and yoga,
    do this regular your will get result.

lose belly fat

20. DaniellaWood profile image72
    DaniellaWoodposted 13 years ago

I do kickboxing, badminton and dance, so I can tell you a fair few ways to stay fit and get your abs into shape! Sit-ups are the obvious, vague answer, but there are so many different sit-ups which focus on different parts of your stomach. Crunches (small, low and fast sit-ups) - with your knees lifted up in front of you at a 90 degree angle - are great for general ab work. You can also try toning your side-abs by doing crunches and touching your left elbow (then right, then left etc) to your right knee, and vice versa. Oh, and I suggest you play music or wack on the TV while you do this else it could get boring!

And as for food:
    Eating less will make you fatter - don't skip breakfast! Nourish your body constantly on small, healthy snacks LITTLE AND OFTEN. And have a least 3 full meals a day. If you think about our human nature, in caveman days we would have eaten whenever we saw food because we didn't know the next time we'd get some, so our bodies are used to a constant food in-take.
    Then there's the question of, "yeah, but WHAT do I eat?" Different foods provide different nourishments, and as each of us is different, I suggest you surf the net some reliable health websites and see what foods would be best for you.

Sorry about the essay but I hope this helps! Daniella

ps. you've inspired me to write a hub, so thanks for that! x

21. SharkAl profile image59
    SharkAlposted 13 years ago

Contrary to popular believe - DO NOT EAT LOW FAT FOODS, they are higher in sugar, which causes weight gain.

Eat like a caveman and just eat meat, fish, fruit, vegetables. Don't eat big portions just eat until you are full.

For a treat eat very dark cocoa (75%-90%) instead of chocolate.

I lost 31 pound in 3 months doing this, with very little exercise and reduced my epilepsy medication by 50% because of a change in diet and sugar intake.

SUGAR IS THE ENEMY!!!

Good luck, write a hub on it for us to read

22. UrbanMadonna profile image60
    UrbanMadonnaposted 13 years ago

If you want to flatten your abs quickly, the best advice I can give you is to cut sugar and starch from your diet completely.  This basically means...no bread, no pasta, no alcohol, no sugar.  If you are accustomed to sugar in your diet you may experience headaches for the first couple days, but this will go away.  The good news is, your carb cravings will begin to subside after about 3 days and you will see your stomach start to shrink in literally 2 days.
    Combine this no starch, no sugar regime with some daily planks (holding your body parelell to the ground with your elbows in 10 - 20 sec intervals for 5 minutes) and you will see your abs in no time!

Check out my blog at http://urbanmadonna.blogspot.com/ for more great tips on nutrition and fat loss.

23. rambrose57 profile image61
    rambrose57posted 13 years ago

I would advise to avoid super low calorie diets as they slow down the metabolism.  It's not necessary to go on a zero carb diet but you should reduce the amount that you eat, especially sugars.  Eat natural foods i.e. limit items that come in a box.

As for training, your training should consist of resisitance training and cardio exercise.

24. profile image50
    griswaldpposted 13 years ago

It is not so difficult but if you want to weight lose in early time,you need some early morning exercise,you can control on your extra and Fatty diet.Moreover, You can also take weight lose supplement,which will also you on this way.
    http://purecleansepro.net

25. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 13 years ago

Losing weight is SIMPLE! do things you have never done before is the first clue. Second, learn how the body works and WHY it works that way instead of stupid "instant" "do nothing" "easy garbage" gimmicks, if it were easy, you would have done it already.

There are 3 body types-find yours and eat for it's type step 1. you may start dissolve unwanted fat from that alone. eating right and exercise-while both in the end are not necessary, but part of the solution for sure, either you are part of the problem, or part of the solution.

Bloofd flow. This goes back to learning about the body-you have fat likely from high fructose corn-syrup and other such bad habits-any and all sodas, drink water or stay fat. If you do not get blood flow to your OVER 100,000 MILES of arteries, you can eat right and exercise til the cows come home and the weight is NOT coming off until you unclog your arteries. You remove fat and waste and toxicity from blood flow through your arteries.

Lastly, i have seen issues where events occured early on in ones life that led to weight gain. Abuses that ended up having the person feel the need for protection through extra weight. There is sincere help for that too! Learn all of life has two sides and thus to see the "other side". Best wishes, Dr. Mike

26. Dave Sibole profile image61
    Dave Siboleposted 13 years ago

I like the advice in the previous post by DrMikeFitzpatrick. "Eating Right" is deceptive though because what we are taught about eating right is often flawed. We tend to cook out the nutrients and valuable enzymes from our food. I highly recommend quality natural supplements as well as eating as much raw unprocessed fruits and vegetables as possible.

27. julia1978 profile image59
    julia1978posted 13 years ago

Hi there. One of the most commmon mistakes that are made with weight loss, is that many decide not to eat healy as the were. You have to feed your body. I have a good website for you to check out maybe it will help you.
    http://julia3057.eliteweightlosspackage.com

28. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Dear Friend - exercise is the key to weight loss - people have made billions offering failed weight loss diets and other vodoo remedies - eat three meals per day and walk walk walk smile

29. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Its simple...eat less.

30. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

Use up more calories than you take in, simple!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)