Comments frequently censured

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I would like to publicly point out that at every recent change in Hubpages policies I have posted comments on the blog (when a blog post coincides with the policy/feature change), often I am the first or one of the first to comment. Often my comments include specific questions that could be considered critical. But would be better described as thorough.

These questions and comments are never removed from moderation or responded to.

Todays Blog Post:

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/370/1345576661.png

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about that.

3. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

and i thought i was the only hubber here who gets his replies snipped for asking questions tongue

4. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

How is it possible to do it selectively - unless being done manually?

sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

comments are moderated manually

1. SiddSingh profile image60
        SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too bad then sad

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

How dare you ask critical questions?! yikes wink

6. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

Wow
    That's awful. sad

7. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Maybe the Hubpages blog is mostly intended to be read by investors and the general public. That's the impression I'm getting. But there are also Forum posts about the new changes and there they do answer questions.

sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not responding and refusing to publish are quite different.

1. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True.

8. sunforged profile image69

Now that its been 5 hours since the original comment, its clear that refusal to publish is intentional.

9. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I'm disappointed to hear about this - your question sounds like a perfectly reasonable one and it would only be right and proper on HP's part to publish your comment and give an answer - even if that answer is "we don't know". 

Reminds me of a place I used to work at - whenever I raised concerns about how things were being done, I always got the brush-off comment "that's not a very positive attitude, now is it?"  mad mad

10. sunforged profile image69

if it was the only time I wouldn't even have noticed, but its become the standard. SO now its become quite obvious.

Oh well smile

11. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 13 years ago

If I were in charge of moderating the blog I'd keep Sunforged's comment in moderation too...

...while I go figure out a good response, write it up, then come back and reply.

"Damn! He asked THREE questions this time. I better go make a fresh cup of coffee and put my thinking cap on."

But if it's happened before and it's become a trend, then that's not good.

12. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Okay, i tried to track some of niche sites that are ranking well and these are my observations:- Google has no issues with affiliate links and they seem to penalize 'thin-affiliate' sites(even more specific- sites that are made to promote single product or vendor in some cases). If this is the case then Ebay/Amazon-only sites needs to add some other affiliate links and lots of content as well. As for deleting RSS/amazon/ebay capsules under the comment hubs will have no traffic leak because if bounce rate of that page is high then it's hardly possible that any reader scrolled at the bottom of the page to click on rss generated link and exit. So i do understand removing capsules from the top of hub but failed to understand why people want to delete it if these are placed at the bottom of their hub.

I'm not sure if google gives preference to stores like ebay/amazon because they even have few merchants under their own network, so i guess they do have random stacked order for merchants as per geographical region/traffic/popularity.

Current SE update is restricting affiliate sites from reaching #1 position for some niche/keywords and instead official product sites are displayed. If this is the case then i don't think this is de-valuation of affiliate sites/hubs but more boost to original product vendors and rest of the affiliate search result trail remains the same as per previous algorithm.

Hubpages intention seems to be control over number of outgoing links. I don't know what's the reasoning behind it because squidoo allows 9 outgoing links to same domain and less restrictive than hubpages and still survived this panda update.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am currently reading an 29 page document which claims to be a complete SEO blueprint for any affected site post-algo. I paid for it. Maybe that was unwise, but the author has a good rep.

I haven't drawn any conclusions yet, two hours sleep last night dictate that my comprehension is significantly lacking and as such most of it is gobbledygook.

If it turns out to be an interesting read I will share some of the key conclusions, it it remains gobbledygook after a solid seven hours tonight then clearly I won't bother.

1. skyfire profile image81
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Do share if any of that stuff turns out to be worthy read.

13. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Have you noticed if it's any one particular blog post author or if they all censure you equally?

I criticized the new search the other day and that comment was approved...

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes it more aggravating.

14. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I wonder if it's a time factor.  In the last couple of weeks I've had some "massive" comments that really require a some time and a lot of serious thought for me to respond to.  As a result, I've just left them in limbo.  I feel bad (thinking about adding an "I'll be back" note).  In the meantime, they're there; but I don't want to just approve such "massive" comments and not say anything.  Anyway, I wonder if the same kind of thing is happening with your critical/thoughtful questions..  hmm

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do that, and I know the feeling, sometimes they get left for two weeks... by which stage it is too late to reply anyway hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)