notice the hubscore today

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (58 posts)
  1. profile image48
    ladyvenusposted 15 years ago

I've notice how funny hubscore fluctuate. Look 100 .... 99.. 100..then so fort. Its not chronological numbering anymore.Hp please take not of this. Look at the scores now. Wink*

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's always been like this... It's like the system isn't updating properly or part of the system is updating before another part. I've seen it as bad as- 100, 99, 97, 99, 100, 98

1. skydiver profile image60
        skydiverposted 15 years agoin reply to this

As bad as 97! You've got it tough! Want to trade accounts?? smile

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image63
    Trekkiemelissaposted 15 years ago

I'm at 98 right now and that is the highest I have ever seen mine at.  Still waiting to see if I could make it to the front page at least once hehe.  I know it really doesn't mean much but I get a kick out of the littlest thing hehe.

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
      Kelsey Tallisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw "the front page" referred to the other day but I'm so new here I'm not sure what this means exactly... is it the "By Topic" section where it shows a selection of hubs in each major category?

[Sorry to be off topic]

OT: My hubscore has been fluctuating by about 4-5 points in a day and is about 87.

1. Ivorwen profile image65
        Ivorwenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Front page would probably refer to Hubbers, where every hubber is listed, in order of hubscore.

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image63
        Trekkiemelissaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, it was actually my picture made it to the front page.  I have hit by topic before when I had first started on hubpages when I didn't have as many as I have right now.  I have a new record high of 99 today.  Now lets see if I can get 100.smile

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years ago

Mine fluctuated by five points yesterday, in the course of about five minutes. I seriously don't understand the math!

4. aniketgore profile image59
    aniketgoreposted 15 years ago

95 highest one yet

5. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 15 years ago

good luck all ,

tomorrow i got a hubtrafiic of nearly 80 visits.

but my hubscore only changes from 8-9 increment.

6. JamaGenee profile image77
    JamaGeneeposted 15 years ago

I hit 100 for a few hours one day.  Made a screen shot of it before it went down again.  Mostly mine fluctuates between 94 and 97.  As I commented on another thread, it seems to be lowest on Sunday nights, even though I'm in the forums and visiting people's hubs the same as during the week.  A total mystery to me too.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image86
      Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I should have done that with my 99! Considering I'd been here about ten days I thought it was pretty great!

1. JamaGenee profile image77
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

EM, for 10 days, that was SPECTACULAR! cool

7. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Mines been the same for 3 days, I keep a low profile : )

1. dwilliamson profile image59
      dwilliamsonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey badcompany99 looks like we are tied. This is my highest score yet in the two weeks that I have been here.

8. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

I've stopped giving sh*t about my profile hubscore long ago. Besides I'm too busy leaving sarky comments and pleasuring my fans to notice cool

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I so loves yer wit : )

1. Cris A profile image58
        Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good, that makes two of us then. And I thought I was being nacissistic cool

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jeeez I love it when you talk dirty Chris : )

2. JamaGenee profile image77

Cris, why you pleasuring fan? Why you not pleasuring women? cool cool

My fans are mostly women, Jama. But my male fans are also worth some clicks! Whatever it takes for the realization of that AdSense dream! *wink*  cool

OK, any way I reply now is going to be misunderstood.  Just wanted to say that before I put foot in mouth.  Enjoy! cool

1. I shouldn't try to be funny after an all nighter.
              2. Time for me to go to bed.
              3. Can't think of a #3.  See 1 and 2.

Nite!

Gnite Jama. Btw, I think I missed your joke previously (about the fan). Sorry, slow day for me. Well see ya when I do cool

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Ah, and notice we do, Mr. Cris! I recall there was a time - and not that long ago, either, when you and I were neck and neck in the stats dept. We're still quite close in # of hubs published. But you've been really adding to your fan club. Must be all those poetry lovers who swoon over your writing:-). You know I'm joshing and am very excited for you. You'll hit 500 real soon, I know!

Thanks for the vote of confidence MM. Yeah I realize that the fans do the clicking and not my hubscore. So ef it, right? LOL cool

10. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

Mine has plummeted to 71 today, having been consistently hanging around the 85 mark. Time to write some more Hubs! smile

11. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

The scary thing for me is mine always seems to be highest right when I sign in. By the time I finish my session leaving comments and posts -- it's gone down 2,3 or 4 points. What kind of reward is that for participating in the community!??!!

If you ever find out why that is, let us know.  Happens to me too. ????????

12. Elena. profile image85
    Elena.posted 15 years ago

Mighty Mom!  I love your new avatar!

Edited to add: UHMMM... that was kind of off-topic!  Laugh!  Let me add something ON topic:  I stopped wondering about the hubscore secret once I realized it added wrinkles to my otherwise lovely countenance.  AHEM!  smile

13. Simply Amy profile image59
    Simply Amyposted 15 years ago

so i'm brand new...
    what does the score even mean??

Simply Amy, truthfully we're not sure. cool

Welcome to Hubpages!

14. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Such a shallow materialistic boy that Chris A, but ya gotta love him.

15. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

Hi guys and ladies, well although my scores also fluctuate i don't really care. I just love writing and reading peoples hubs and definitely it does not affect traffic. So relax and have fun!

16. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 15 years ago

It's still fun to watch!

17. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

Phew, 76 and rising now. I'm out of the relegation zone tongue
    Simply Amy... I guess the hubscore is a rank of how important you are to the community. It goes hand in hand with writing quality Hubs and being active within the community, and the score will come naturally if you do so smile

18. Elena. profile image85
    Elena.posted 15 years ago

WTF... I just noticed that I've 99 now... I was replying to a comment in a hub of mine and saw 99 and thought I had the wrong hub and the wrong hubber, too!  Laugh!  Guess wonders never cease!

Never fear though, it's going to start sliding in a moment, since I'll be gone (again!), and I'm not sure if I'll be able and/or inclined to be online in a while.  Holidays await!

Elena, it's still 99 as I write this.  Have a great holiday! Just know that if you aren't able (or inclined) to get online, you'll be missed. sad

19. MissJamieD profile image58
    MissJamieDposted 15 years ago

So, has anyone figured out the hubscore magic yet? In the Help section it just says it's a combination between the number of hubs, visitors, and communication throughout HP itself....that still doesn't clarify how they get the friggin' numbers but it's thought-provoking huh?

20. Marie Dwivkidz profile image66
    Marie Dwivkidzposted 15 years ago

Maybe they make hubscore so opaque so that we all post queries about hubscore in the forums to boost our hubscores... or something...?! 

Nah, I don't get it either.

They really just draw numbers out of a hat every hour or so and make that number your hubscore until the next drawing. The line about hubscores being a combo of hub quality, socializing within the HP community, etc, is just to a myth to generate tons of threads about how scores are calculated. http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/24.gif

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

haha...it's a conspiracy!! smile

21. profile image0
    Janettaposted 15 years ago

Mine doesn't seem to want to go past 89 sad Just once I'd like to make it into the 90's! yikes

22. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

By now I think  we need to be resigned to the truth that we do not know and we are not supposed to know.

23. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Well, of course it's a conspiracy--- but a benevolent one I think.

If anyone really knew how it worked... people would work the system to their own advantage and leave the rest of us poor schmucks dangling in the wind.

Just do it, and enjoy the roller coaster.

24. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

I'm a 95 now but by the time the robot reads my latest hub I'll probably be -95 assuming the robot can read

25. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

I hit 99 today for the very first time, lasted about an hour or two, now it's dropping again.  Only took me 14 months LOL

26. kbdunn profile image60
    kbdunnposted 15 years ago

Oh well steady increase, but I've been stuck for a while. I need a little more activity!

27. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

once you hit 100, do you automatically stay there?

1. shibashake profile image82
      shibashakeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My true 100 score just stays there on the upper left wink

1. profile image0

I've never seen that before, what does it mean?

1. shibashake profile image82
          shibashakeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It just means that naughty ShibaShake has too much time on her hands and she wasted it pasting numbers and white boxes on her profile picture big_smile

Sorry, was just fooling around smile

1. profile image0

hahaha...love it! Heck, if I ever actually reach 100, my new profile pic will be me poseing in front of the computer screen with a big thumbs up and goofy grin next to my profile and score!

28. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

Sad to say but no, Cindy sad
    Scores seem to fluctuate at whim, not sure what the reasons are.

29. caderade2 profile image57
    caderade2posted 15 years ago

Mine is the highest it's been at 85 today

30. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

There is only the unknown frontier unexplored my man or woman after even 95.

31. Everyday Miracles profile image86

I've been here three weeks and I think four days (might be three). I did take the screenshot when I hit 100 tonight. I'm ranked #9 on the best hubbers page. I am in complete and utter shock!

Needless to say it's driven traffic up and I've made a bit of money today! Still not breaking $1 but nevertheless I'm a happy camper!

Stuff like this I think makes it easier to stick it out when the money isn't coming in. It's good to know that the community is spreading some Hublove!

1. profile image0

woohoo! congrats! first 100, next $1...

32. Everyday Miracles profile image86

I can say that being on the front page helped me! My hits for the day DOUBLED due to that score of 100.

I almost made it to the left of the decimal yesterday too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)