Why don't you wan't children?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

I've always wanted a child or children but as I get older and see the bs some friends / family have to go thru, I don't always envy it. How do you feel?

1. 10.ABDUL profile image80
      10.ABDULposted 12 years agoin reply to this

MY SENTIMENTS ARE SIMILAR THIS IS SUCH A CRAZY WORLD THINGS THAT GOD HAS FORBIDDEN OR WARNED US AGAINST ARE BEING ACCEPTED AND EVEN MADE LEGAL,THE ACCESSIBILITY OF THINGS FORBIDDEN OR WARNED AGAINST IS TOO EASY, ALL AT THE TOUCH OF BUTTON SO THERE IS ALOT TO CONSIDER ABOUT HAVING CHILDREN AND THE END RESULT IS IF THERE IS NO LEGACY OR A THRONE NEEDING AN HEIR MY PREFERENCE IS TO NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN AT THIS TIME.

2. Monisajda profile image61
    Monisajdaposted 12 years ago

I certainly didn't want to have children when I was a teenager and a young adult. I was appalled by how my friend's life was changed once they became parents. For a single adult it didn't seem attractive at all. I actually didn't like children too much. It gradually changed when I found a right man to be with me and then I found that I wanted to have a child of my own.

Once you become a mother your whole existence is changed and you are not a somewhat egoistic person anymore. Your values shift and you don't regret things you can't always do because you have small children. But having kids is life changing and teaches you more about yourself, life, your values.

I agree that it is wise to rather not have children than go ahead and make them if you feel against that idea. So many parents are truly immature and irresponsible persons and the world would be better off if they chose not to have their own offspring.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I just don't want kids. Some people do; some people don't.  It's all good.

1. Uriel profile image71
      Urielposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are so right it also depends when and why would you want kids. In my case it is a firm No I dont want Kids. I mean i got my whole life ahead of me and i still don't think kids are an option. [in my case big_smile]

I think in my case it would be by the end of myself discovery journey as well as attaining the goals i have in mind. [Add to that the fact that children simply don't like me and i don't like them either they seem to leak out of every hole in their bodies big_smile ]

1. Monisajda profile image61
        Monisajdaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not that I am trying to convince you to have kids but I was exactly that way about 10 years ago. I hated kids and people with children were annoying me. I didn't understand why would anyone want to be a parent at all.

Now I am a parent and I love my children but other people's kids don't like me and I don't exactly like them. Mine are mine but other people's kids are just not for me. There are some girls and women who absolutely adore babies and children from the very young age, I wasn't one of them and it didn't change.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Some people change their minds, and some don't.  I find it a bit patronizing when people suggest I am going to change my mind because 'everyone does'.  In my case, I really rather doubt it.  I also have married friends who are not having kids.  People are all different and some just don't want kids.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

My sister has 2 autistic children and recently her daughter who is about 11, wanted to bring her video on - I think angels- to her school which they wouldn't allow and she was devastated.

Then I guess she didn't want to do her schoolwork so she told the teacher she wanted to 'go to heaven' which is something she learned recently at home as she is brought up Catholic, and the school took unneeded drastic steps as to say this was a suicide threat and that it can't happen again or she would be on watch for a year and could be forced into a hospital.

I don't know the entire story, but it sounds awful.

I agree very much with 10ABDUL that this is a "crazy" world and there is so much corruption.....what kind of future is it for me let alone my kids...plus I have other reasons but you can't pray in school, and sex ed is pushed down their throats, wasn't it some place they were passing out condoms to 1st graders or something?

6. crackers10 profile image59
    crackers10posted 12 years ago

I am absolutely terrified of having kids. On one hand I want nothing more than to hold a baby that me and my love created. On the other hand I think if I have to raise a kid in this day and age I will worry and think myself into a funny farm. Too many bad things out there,too many bad people and I cringe to think about how bad it will be when my kids are growing up. This was a very unhelpful comment,I apologize but since this topic seems to keep popping up in my life lately I figured I would express my complete and utter panic at the notion lol.

7. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

It is your choice not to have children if you do not want them.  At least you have being thoughtful and intelligent regarding your choices.  I have seem people having children because of parental and societal dictates, much to their regret.  These parents view their children as a noisome convenience and clearly do not love their children.

In my opinion, only a small percentage of people want children of their own volition.  The rest have children because of pressure from religion, society, peers, relatives, and parents.   Do not give in to cultural pressure.   Have children ONLY WHEN and IF you truly desire them.   Children should not be brought into this world unwanted and unloved.  That is the greatest sin of all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)