I check my Adsense account more often than I eat my meals! Do you?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (66 posts)
  1. lady rain profile image95
    lady rainposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5479291.gif
    Clicks comes in when I least expect them to. The only way to find out if I have earned anything is to keep checking my google adsense account.

1. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have my AdSense account opened in another tab all the time.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
        LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good idea... I am going to do that also

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image69
        Evan Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto. Even though I try to only hit reload every so often or so, but that usually doesnt work either

1. profile image0

And open it in my Opera mini mobile phone browser all the time as well!

2. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So often, it's embarrassing! I watch it like the stock market, if I had any stocks!

lady rainposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Neerizzle profile image71
      Neerizzleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I check once or twice a day unless I get unusually high traffic. Usually nothing to get excited about though sad

4. Ky Cardinal profile image84
      Ky Cardinalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just want to see a little earning to feel like I have things set up right since I am new, but I do check alot.  Maybe I need to write on some other subjects?

5. Kim Cantrell profile image61
      Kim Cantrellposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to do this.  Now I make myself check only on Wednesdays.  Nothing special about the day, it was just the day I decided to break my addiction. smile

2. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I'm just wondering how your hubs get to where they get Google Ads clicked on? All my cents per day is mostly through hubAds.....Just curious!

Victoria, most of the clicks came from the top hubs that have the most traffic. I get quite a lot of traffic from yahoo and bing searches for some reason, but less from google.  I also shared my hubs on facebook and twitter.

3. habee profile image94
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Yes, I have Adsense OCD. lol

Is that obsessive compulsive disorder or rather, obsessive clicks disorder?

lol

2. habee profile image94
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Both! lol

4. Wazman profile image60
    Wazmanposted 12 years ago

I used to be fanatic, but know I don't even check once a month.
    I'm almost surprised when the checks arrive.

1. diogenes profile image68
      diogenesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No!  I hear my denture clicking much more regularly than my adsence sales notifications!   Bob

lol

5. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

Well since i eat only 2 times a day, and check my adsense about 2 DOZEN times a day. I guess i do too lol

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I check maybe twice a month.

I want to be like you when I grow up..... cool

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
    LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years ago

I check my stats and comments every 5 minutes... I need deliverance!

Wow, you won't have time to eat.

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

If you continue at pace with your titled statement, then you will end up making yourself sick. hmm

I check my account daily, but it doesn't take precedent over other tasks. wink

9. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I used to check a lot, even on my mobile phone..at the moment because traffic seems to be consistent and earnings the also..I usually check about 3-4 times a day.

10. jean2011 profile image62
    jean2011posted 12 years ago

I check maybe once in a week.

11. forall profile image60
    forallposted 12 years ago

I have no hope that I earn anything so I rarely check and I always find 0 big_smile

12. freesale profile image36
    freesaleposted 12 years ago

I keep it open in another browser so I can quickly alt+tab and ctrl+r

Good idea, I am going to do the same from now on wink

13. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I've been writing online for a few years now and I suspect I've checked my earnings about 10,000 times.  From the time I started out making a few cents here and there to now, where I'm making a living wage with adsense, I am constantly checking the earnings for the day. It has never gotten old and I doubt it ever will.

That said, I am able to turn it off when needed.  For example, if I go on vacation with my family, I refuse to even logon to a computer, let alone check my earnings.

14. RichFatCat profile image83
    RichFatCatposted 12 years ago

I'm like a daytrader...I check it every few minutes.....  That money in the AdSense account is cash money and I don't care if it's two cents today or three dollars in a month. 
    That money is mine.  My websites have inspired someone to purchase something and Google has thanked me for that service.

15. profile image49
    lscriptposted 12 years ago

I can live without eating food.. but cant control accessing my adsense account

16. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

For me it depends on how much other stuff I have to do.  If I don't have much to do, and I'm just wasting time on the Internet (which is usually on here, the forums), I'll go back and forth between Ad Sense and the different e.mails and whatever else might have changed in the last ten minutes.  Even if I have stuff to do (as opposed to either not much to do, or else the need to get away from the stuff I have to do), and I see something like higher earnings early in the day, I'm more likely to pop back on more often throughout the day to Ad Sense to see if it still keeps going up.

Today, a rainy, post-holiday/pre-"resuming-normal-life" day, I've just done nothing but waste the day, fooling around on here - checking traffic, checking earnings, checking e.mails, etc. etc.  (I feel guilty and lazy, but it's been kind of good.  big_smile)  What's also kind of (very) good about this wasted day is that I'm 1.47 away from a $25 day, which is highest post-Panda (if I can share my personal bright spot of a dreary day).  The bad news is it's 2:54 a.m. (6 minutes 'til the Google day ends).  I don't think I'm going to make it.  mad  mad

(P.S.   Nope.  Didn't make a cent after 2:56 a.m.   mad  )

With that much money going into your adsense, I too would stay up to count the clicks. But it is not happening to me so I'm off to bed before midnight.

17. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Nope! Every Sunday all my stats get checked and I write my weekly earnings down so I know what to beat and aim for....

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's very self-disciplined of you.   I'm impressed.   smile   I spend a good chunk of my days at the computer (whether working or on here or doing personal stuff).  It's pretty hard for me not to start looking around for "what's happening" somewhere.  lol

Same here, I eat and sleep next to my computer big_smile

2. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to be the daily or 5 minute stat checker but it just became an uproductive experience and I save time when checking them all one day a week....now if only I could do the same with emails lol big_smile

18. Adventure Colorad profile image76
    Adventure Coloradposted 12 years ago

I don't get regular clicks, so my earnings don't change much, but I still frequently find myself checking it a couple times a day.

19. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

I check my Google Adsense and other statistics everyday. This help me determine which direction I should be going in to maximize my earnings. For instance, my traffic has been trending slowly upward for the last couple months and now I am expecting to see more clicks pretty soon.

I get more clicks now but the cost per click seems to pay less though sad

1. profile image0

Same problem here. I got 6 times less paying clicks today on the same hub I got clicks a few days back. May be advertisers are running away!

20. thooghun profile image93
    thooghunposted 12 years ago

I confess that Adsense is my browser startpage.

Nuff' said.

1. Adventure Colorad profile image76
      Adventure Coloradposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That way you don't have to say you check the stats every so often, it just happens naturally, clever.

21. jonte2020 profile image61
    jonte2020posted 12 years ago

I've just started hubbing, but my opinion is that if you write good articles - more people will read it - you will get more traffic - more AdSense money! Each article should be filled with quality, it's not quantaty that matters!

Although, I'm hoping that I someday will earn a a few extra bucks here and I understand that I'm also going to be eager to log on to AdSense.

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image69
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did for awhile, then it went to 2-3 times a day. Now, I do it yet again, due to other projects I have in the works that I'm trying to keep up on.

2. Nexusx2 profile image59
      Nexusx2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been on hubpages for awhile.. no clicks. Maybe I haven't produced enough quality. Or the fact that I'm never active in hubpages.

22. KarlaMuir512 profile image59
    KarlaMuir512posted 12 years ago

I'm new to this so I check it often even though I know there's no actual difference from I when checked 5 minutes before.

Don't give up, I got some clicks on adsense during my first week with hubpages wink

1. KarlaMuir512 profile image59
        KarlaMuir512posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I won't because I'm liking it. I just gotta figure what exactly to write about and taking the time to do it.

23. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 12 years ago

I check once a day usually, sometimes skipping a few days if I'm busy, and when I'm traveling, I might not look at stats for a week or two in those instances where I'm without internet connectivity.

24. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I'm smiling at you Lady Rain.

When I started on Hubpages, I checked my Adsense every hour and there was harldly anything there. I got fed up and didn't check for days, then when I checked the next time, there was some nice figures.

It must be a science thing, money comes in when you don't keep on checking. smile

True, but it is hard not to peek when I am on the computer big_smile

25. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Maybe two or three times a week.. If I notice a number of red arrows and more traffic than usual, I'll take a look and check analytics.

1. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am new to Hub Pages and not signed up to Adsense yet. I've got part of the process done, but stuck on the Google part of it and afraid to resubmit in case it turns into a duplicate situation, wondering who I could talk to about this? Obviously I am a little confused about how to get started. Sorry to be off topic, but I would love to start clicking and join those with the OCDs!

26. moiragallaga profile image74
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

I'm haven't gotten into that stage yet, I just got approved for Adsense after over 2 months of waiting. Right now I have been busy focusing on fixing my site and hubs as its been over two months and I barely have visitor/s and zero comments, haha. Don't worry, when I start seeing those figures on Adsense I'd probably get obsessive about it too. smile

27. Purple Perl profile image51
    Purple Perlposted 12 years ago

I once did what you are doing now,when I began to write online. And was terribly disappointed each time. Then I concentrated on my writing skills and began building content,and finally began to see some results. Now, I check a couple of times a week.

28. user999 profile image60
    user999posted 12 years ago

Same here. I check it at least 3 times daily

29. chicagoguy profile image62
    chicagoguyposted 12 years ago

You can download a app on your smartphone to make it convenient for your to check !!

30. bizwin profile image63
    bizwinposted 12 years ago

I've not checked my adsense account for the past one week. I better go check it now.

31. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

When it was making $20-$30 a day, I'd check it several times a day.  Now that it is $5 or $6 or less, I check once a day at the most.  It's not enough to care about any more.

32. weezyschannel profile image87
    weezyschannelposted 12 years ago

How the heck you make 20 to 30 a day?  I made nothing on my website in over a week. I make about 70 cents a week here.  I would love to know how to make more money on adsense if anyone can help   thank you

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You need traffic.  You need lots of high power organic links.

My business website was once one of the most recognized authorities on an operating system that was used all over the world in many, many businesses, both large and small. 

That popularity went away.  Not all at once, but it drained away steadily.  I still did well because I had branched into other areas and I still had those important sites linking to my older content.  That old link juice gave increased value to my new content, so life was still good.

Then Panda hit and people started worrying about stale content.  I and many other site owners starting looking for "old and useless" stuff to get rid of.  Well, some those important organic links that pointed to my site were quite old and so were the pages they pointed to.  Quite a few of them either got deleted or changed to "nofollow" because THOSE websites feared Panda's wrath.

My traffic got cut in half.  My PR dropped by 2.  My Adsense income plunged. 

That's how you go from $20 to $30 a day to barely making payout.

33. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 12 years ago

I'm the same. But then again I've been getting active on the Google Forum's and e-mail some of the staff members there for more input. It's been a challenge to keep at it though. If it wasn't because I love to write, I like technology and I'm always tweaking my stuff, I don't think I would have gotten this far. You just want to absorb as much information as possible.

34. ehow101 profile image37
    ehow101posted 12 years ago

I am still waiting for my first click :-(

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)