When will people realize that Christianity is all lies?

Jump to Last Post 101-128 of 128 discussions (700 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

"Please tell me why I should facilitate your desires to deny Christ?"

It's your belief..... Why should others have it rammed down their throats as "The only truth?"

"You (and your gang) have your opinions and that's fine,"

People who don't believe as you do are a gang now are we?, I was working for some dude called satan a while back as I recall a previous post, nice talk that is!

you will never understand what a believer does, and we choose to reject what you believe in like fashion.
    You may be right. I will never understand any dipstick reference to me working for satan, or being a member of a gang who are out to get you, a poor christian being abused........ that is just too much of a stereotype.

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love ya Earnest, wrong team or not at least you are fun to play with and make an effort to stay on topic at times!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513IC7QmMWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. peperuhi profile image61
        peperuhiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Feel free to leave if you start crying.

1. peperuhi profile image61
            peperuhiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Grow up some and come back in a few years, 22 is wet behind the ears, I know I've been there spouting all the venom you are displaying.

Realise that I am winding all you secular fools up, because you came here to find contention, and we must satisfy your needs.

Now go play together and complain all you like about me.

2. Evolution Guy profile image58
        Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope - we know you are not bothered and do not care for anyone else or accept any other opinion other than your own religious nonsense and imaginary battles to fight. This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. As you are doing now.

Ya simply don't give a damn for anyone else do ya? sad

Oh Mark, I give many a damn about others, but you and your cronies deserve and will get special contempt, when you start by issuing a topic designed to be contentious and offensive to believers, then get upset when I refuse to play by your rules, but instead use your tactics.

"This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. As you are doing now."
          Mark Knowles.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KwpA6xz9vqc/TD4HpxHYvkI/AAAAAAAAEMc/6K9AMvXSiWA/s1600/thats_the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black.jpg

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

Special contempt? Oh yes - that sounds the Christian ethos all right. I have no cronies - but - keep on bearing false witness against me - I know that is not a sin or anything.

Your religion is all lies. You demonstrate it with every utterance. This Is why your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Evolution Guy , Explain exactly how it is that "religion "causes all the worlds problems  and not mankind itself . I find it extremely enlightening that the supposed brightest and most articulate of our society and forum posters as yourself should be the warriors of such venomous and slanted criticism against something that's only reqirement is simple faith !, and don't give me this crap about someone trying to stuff it down your throat all the time . I would suggest  you  turn your attention , your ears and your heart and beliefs to whatever narrcisistic cause of the day that might be politically correct . We are all entitled to our opinions and our beliefs. And here's my point..That includes  Christians ! And believers. It seems that there are a few people , you among them , that constantly try to disprove and
    disengage other people from thier chosen lives and beliefs. Now I know , There is no amount common sense that will stop you and your cohorts from such hypocracy but thry this! ....Why  don't you declare  your all out war on ALL religions.....don't just pick on the easiest targets such as the Christian beliefs. Be fair ......pick on the Muslums, the Hindu's ....OH..that's right . That woulnt be politically correct in the forums....would It???

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The atheists (or non-believers) don't need to pick on the other religions... The fundies are already doing that.  I'll jump to the fundie's defense when they stop criticizing other's beliefs.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The fact that you live in a secular society is vital to your ability to practice your religion. If you lived in a religious society, you would be persecuted for your beliefs.

Religions do not bring people together, they divide people and teach them to drive others away who do not share the belief in a particular god.

3. Evolution Guy profile image58

I despise the Muslim religion as much as I despise yours.

R E L I G I O N includes theirs as well.

Now tell me where I said all the world's problems are due to religion. Guess what? I did not.

Does that mean religion does not cause conflicts? No.

Just too busy defending your ridiculous beliefs to bother being truthful or making any sense huh?

Or is it the "Well, Islam causes conflicts, therefore it is OK that Christianity does" defense?

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

3. profile image51
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

The god of this world has deceived (blinded) the minds of them which believe not, lest the  light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

4. profile image51

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16, NKJV)

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

So, to show my love to the world, I should kill my son?

A perfect example of insanity masquerading as love.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
        Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Man sin and man had to die. It secured eternal life. It happened only once. It does not need mathematics.
        This is requirement of universe justice.
        Trouble man, God loves you. You are bitter, since you lost the love in past. You cover up with reasoning which is deceiving.

Justice? lol

LOL! Kindergarten schoolyard condescension.

Reasoning is hard work, is that why you avoid it? Or, do you really believe reasoning is deception? lol

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
            Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No sir. Unguided reasoning is deception. See how much denomination religion has? More than 60.000. And then look for millions unbelieving opinions.  Sir, if you do not see it, you need optometrist. Reasoning produces opinions. When man sin in Garden he falls from the level of revelation to the level of reasoning. Evidence? Just look around what mess we are in. 
            People who laugh at the end are best.

My reasoning is guided by the world around me, not some ancient mythology.

Yes, I do see the myriad of religious denominations, showing quite clearly gods don't exist.

Reasoning also produces the facts and theories that explain the world around us. Further to that, it helps science produce everything you use on a daily basis.

I blame that entirely on the religious folks who have been in control of the world for the past two thousand years. It's time they gave up their reign of terror and bloodshed, and pass on this world to those who appreciate it.

2. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Killing one person for the sins of another is hardly a universal requirement; rather it is only all too often the rule set up by the Christian God.

He killed his own son for all of us.  He killed innocent Egyptian children because the actions taken by Egyptian rulers.  He killed all the children in Sodom and Gomorrah because of their parent's sins.  It is a rather common action taken by your God.

It is most obviously wrong and evil, but it is God's way.

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He killed innocent Egyptian children because the actions taken by Egyptian rulers

is this the action you are talking about?
            Exodus 11:5   And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sits upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

in retaliation to this:
            Exodus 1:14   And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in mortar, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigor.
              Exodus 1:16   And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.
              Exodus 1:22   And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is BORN ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive.

Yes Gods payback does seem fair as we can say that ONLY pharaoh killed innocent CHILDREN as they were being born! God killed firstborns that could have been any age. A firstborn is still a firstborn even if that firstborn is 11yrs, 20yrs or 50yrs old.

1. profile image0

heheh
              gotchas again

5. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

As soon as the Christian will know that Jesus did not die on the Cross, he died in Kashmir, India at the age of 120 years; then the Christians will know that they have been deviated from the right path by Paul.

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As opposed to the "truth" of the quoran eh Paara? lol

1. profile image48
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quran mentions clearly that Jesus did not die on the Cross:

[4:158] And their saying, ‘We did kill the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah;’ whereas they slew him not, nor crucified him, but he was made to appear to them like one crucified; and those who differ therein are certainly in a state of doubt about it; they have no definite knowledge thereof, but only follow a conjecture; and they did not convert this conjecture into a certainty;

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=157

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And in what world would think that you good book is any different than any other good book of other religions. And, if you say because it's truth, then you've only managed to deceive yourself, just like all the other gullible religious folk in the world today.

6. htarticchio profile image67
    htarticchioposted 12 years ago

Christianity will exist as long as there is a God to believe in, so I guess your answer is...never

Well that's the end of religion then.

Christ was a myth along with the madness that created all religions.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wwy would ya help keep the myth alive then Earnest?

That would need to be explained to me, I have not seen one post where I try to keep the myth alive.

I'm here to point out the lies, not tell them. smile

No I mean you actively participate in Christian discussions ,and by association ,you perpetrate in the 'so called myth' wink

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Me too smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

I will be happy when the current religious beliefs are exposed even more than they are now, although if 100% proof is provided, I feel certain it will still be truth to the terminally gullible.

Reminds me of a woman who bought a watch to my father for repair, claiming the previous watchmaker stole the 21 jewels out of it.

Dad explained that the "jewels were industrial ruby worth around 5 cents each.
          That did not deter her, and she was still telling the story years later.

Proof is useless to persuade the religiously impaired, if truth convinced religionists, there wouldn't be any of them left.

It takes a certain mind set to ignore the hundreds of thousands of scientific discoveries that debunk religion. smile

So it helps convince Christians when you call them impaired or unitelligent lol

All that does to me is confirm to me I am on the right track and will be persecuted ,mocked ,insulted for remaining faithful to Christ wink

Beside we all think you are all impaired lol

1. profile image0
              jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As long as you can shut your brain to reality.
              I heard a story about a psychiatric patient, who imagined she has a new child everyday. In her normal life her husband(a cruel person) didn't allowed her to have children, and finally she snapped, but was more happy and content in her imaginary world, that which was denied in her real life. And the psychiatrist who was treating her was unwilling her to return her to normal life because he has nothing better to offer her.
              You believers are like the patient and psychiatrist at the same time. You are more happy in your imaginary world, and with out your imaginary deity, you have no hope or meaning in your life. That would have been fine, if you had stopped thinking others are just as impaired as you, that they too are unable to live on their on, like you.

.. So you think you have the truth and I dont -right?

I dont think you have a grasp on reality, and therefore unable to see or understand what faith is ...AND even when you don't you insist someone is wrong?

Why?

1. profile image0
                  jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Truth and right are subjective.

faith:belief or trust: belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof
                  That is reality, and I have a better grasp of it. I don't trust priests or ancient books without any logical proof.
                  You have reason and logic against you, I'm only pointing that to you.

Thanks ,but what you are doing is insisting that Science (Physcology) is All THERE IS.

It isnt.

You are assuming an awful lot about me for example

I don't think others are impaired because they DONT believe!

God says All have a choice..

Be kind of boring if we all thought the same ,all talked the same ,all behave the same way

No God didnt create robots..man did wink

Don't you guys just love being persecuted?

Tell everyone how they should live from a book that claims that god wiped out all but 8 of you.

Now THAT is persecution. lol

1. profile image0

according to science they were just cavemen anyways. Hadn't even invented the club yet nor had fire.

3. profile image0

nicely said

It does take a certain mind set, yet we both can agree on this much.
            That mind set is selective and often closed.
            On both sides.

1. profile image0

Glad he lives in us

so much better than the OT way of doing things

7. davenmidtown profile image68
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

Earnesthub:  I think you discount the desire of people to believe regardless.  That desire is powerful enough to have created a religion among every group of people, isolated or not.

Actually Dave, it's the "shock and awe" effect that people cannot get over. They are in shock by the awe inspiring world we live in. They look at specific things and form the belief that something special had to create it. Then when the go to religion, they get all the answers they want to eliminate all the mystery of our world and universe. This is how the belief in a god is formed.

And the reasons are there for all to see.

Psychologists determined where religiosity has it's foundation and why years ago.

The amygdala.  Fear begins the subconscious desire to deny death, then the mind creates a god to overcome the fear that is beneath conscious awareness. smile
      Even the fact that the religious story is ridiculous is explained by the fact that conscious decisions were never taken. It is all beneath consciousness, and is a subconscious response to fear of death.
      All knowable, unless one simply does not want to know.

1. profile image0

The amygdala is the “fight or flight” and emotional memory part of the brain

overcome when the spirit of God enters the believer and they praise God even when being persecuted.

It doesn't matter what psychology ever says about what the human being is like. Christians are different. God is different. God is inside people - yes, get used to it.. We are NOT the people we WERE but we ARE NEW in christ.... in every way.

Overcome my foot! lol

Your whole belief system is based in it.

1. profile image0

Fear begins the subconscious desire to deny death, then the mind creates a god to overcome the fear that is beneath conscious awareness

lol
            so all this is working in the background and is linked to christianity and helps you to deny God exists.
            I've heard of lame excuses before but i gotta put this to the top of the list and number all the rest accordingly now, thanks tongue

How about this one:
            Some people get overwhelmed and just collapse when faced with situations they feel powerless to overcome, so they just give in to their defeat and then spend a wopping amount of time trying to justify their failure.
            that sounds more plausible.  smile

No, what is more than plausible is that people don't have enough personal courage to be honest with themselves or others and rush to myths for support.

1. profile image0

Ah but is that really the case or is the bottom of the barrel now being dredged to find a usable scrap. Now that you have encompassed the whole of the world, it is difficult to refute such a wide generality.
                So i will say that believing in God has nothing to do with personal courage, although it takes some courage, indeed, to step up to the plate.
                Honest with themselves is paramount. How can i ask God to change me when i do not address the flaws within myself?
                The obvious myths are the ones you like, smile but the bible, not myth at all and that is not open to debate, my personal evidence through my relationship with God, tells me, the bible is more than wonderful and splendid and vital.
                Perhaps people with less than perfect lives do need some support at  changing it all around. We certainly know that the more perfect peoples lives are the less they inclined they are to involve God in their life and we know that God meets people at their needs. Cagsil has no need for God, you too purport the same and from what i gather your lives are tidy and now you see my point.
                Jesus said how hard it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
                So i guess the next question might be, of those people who need support for rescue from their less than perfect lives, are they happy?
                Because as you, cagsil and others alike have often said, happiness is your main goal. If others, less fortunate than yourselves are bettered by this belief well, that speaks volumes for itself, then doesn't it. And to attempt to take that away from them would the height of selfishness.

8. davenmidtown profile image68

that is a valid point...

9. poeticmentor profile image76
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

it's amazing how some can quote scientific text and psychologist, yet won't even give scriptures the time of day.  Always trying to discredit the gospels. Gospels are just parables that allow humans to understand in laymen terms a concept that is inconceivable to the human mind or experiences. We are storytellers, yes even the scientist and preachers and if storytelling delivers a message of God's grace, then so be it.  It has nothing to do with death but life. Either way they are all someones account of God and how God works.  BLESSINGS! wink

Why should scripture be given the time of day?
      It's all about control and hating others.

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him.  Jude 5

You think people are stupid enough to suck this up?

Only some are.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think more that man tries to control and believes instilling hatred into us human folk is the way to do this. I had religious grandparents (although that's debatable, controlling grandparents is probably a more accurate description) I've never been able to get my head around the ' Neither god nor Jesus, if they exist, wrote this stuff '

So, who did, and what was it really about? ?

I also can't get my head around those who try to convert, and point out how wrong all us non believers are. Why do they fret so much about this? If they have it all sewn up, they have a place in heaven right? Why the need to ensure we all need to believe as they do? Of course, there are people that are believers, and they have their relationship with their greater good, they do not feel the need to convert , judge or spread the word. I would say they are far more genuine.

I know what you mean. I spent some years with the church looking after people in need. Not once did any of those fine people try to tell me I had to believe in a god to be a part of the solution.
          Not all religious people try to convert others, and in my experience most of them in the church did not care at all about their personal salvation in an afterlife or mine.

They were too busy helping out in this life, and many had dumped their religious beliefs years before. smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
            Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They had found their greater good, and it wasn't from a book. smile

2. profile image0

thought your business man breakfast club was not a church? so you were a 'founding' member and went to another church?

more info please.

10. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

LOL - I can't even figure out how to post a reply. This is one long thread. Spending a better part of the day reading it I think it would take weeks to analyze. I only have impressions. Earnest and Cagsil have good logic. I admire that. However, they do a good job of creating resolution rather than causing disbelief. Just an opinion. Or, maybe that is the purpose.

I realize that I am unarmed in the dialogue and probably cannot contribute much to either argument. But, I was a little amiss with religion being synonymous with Christianity (capitalized because of stupid squiggly red lines). And, God only being a God of Christianity or at least those of the monotheistic religions of Abraham. Maybe it was the original question stating "Christianity is all lies."

Cagsil said it another post (thread) on truth. If false then false (paraphrased). If God is false then false for all religions, eh? I didn't really discover through this thread an allusion to specificity of different gods. Or, in other words this thread leads me to conclude a big 'what if.' If there is a god then it is the Christian God or at least the Abrahamic God, which points to three different religions and those associated sects. Or, is there another and stay tuned to that thread.

I have spit bible verses in my lifetime with the best of them. I can grab the Torah, the Septuagint, the NIV or others and start spitting. Then, reach over on the other shelf and grasp hold of symbolic logic while disproving what I have just spit.

I am ranting to a degree so forgive me or allow this. Let's go with the original question as truth. Not false. It stands alone - Christianity is all lies. OK, I'll go with that. For the first part when will people realize - I have to use a colloquialism, "God only knows." LOL.

I think the original question provides a better question, in my view. What in blazing hell does happen if that is 'truth', while not alluding to either stance of this threads argument. I mean first off I couldn't use the term 'blazing hell' now could I? LOL.

Realizing we are trying to remove God from the constitution etc, my question becomes this - If not a Christian God, then not a constitution. I guess what I am doing for 'self' at this time is, resulting from this thread, is questioning reality from the sense of knowledge. Or, I'm  lost and getting the, ummmmmmmm, out of here for now.

My actions are with purpose which is to dispel irrationality.
      Please more specific on the post?
      There are millions of gods in mythology.
      Again, there are millions of gods in mythology. None of them are actually real.
      lol
      What god?
      lol
      The Constitution need not ever mention any god.
      lol

1. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that was the whole point! Or, did you get it and I misunderstood.

I got your point. wink

1. tsmog profile image84

LOL - that is what you said to me in the thread on truth <wink>

And, in this thread, I asked you to point out what post you were referring to? hmm

1. tsmog profile image84

I'll search it

Well, you said it was from another thread and had me wondering what statement you were referring to. That's why I asked. It really isn't necessary, but if you do find it, post it here. It would be appreciated. smile

1. tsmog profile image84

All sorts of ideology, philosophy and other things are always tossed up in the air, when voiced that is.
                    Each form stands by itself. here is where you put a <wink>

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72584#post1578249

11. davenmidtown profile image68

Blah blah blah blah

no blah blabh blah hebrews 14:25 said blah blab blabh blabh blabh blabh

liar blah blah blah blah

kill all the children blah blah blah blah : genisis 45:36 blah blah blah begotten blah blah blah

john 3:16 for he blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Thats not what I said: blah blah blah blah blah

for christs sakes people.... go your separate ways and find some happiness. It makes no sense to me to fight over who gets a burning house.

blah blah blah... to you too Matthew 12:52

1. profile image0

really?
      oh come on, don't you think this is interesting to see how it all plays out?

harmless really, i mean how big an audience does this thread have.

12. davenmidtown profile image68

misunderstand....  I got it... I just wanted to make sure others did too.  Besides in this crowd I am sure there will be someone willing to argue the finer points of what I said.

1. tsmog profile image84

LOL , , ,I'm far too left brain right now doing reports (I'm aghast for I am a liberal - just kidding) to regain my track on this thread. I think  you made a point. Nothing to say about what is only referenced. Just making an observation.

13. profile image0

When will ateists realize that they can spend and waste as much time as they want to,  to dispel the faithful  . That those who  believe ,do so simply with faith.  The real lie is that no one is trying to stuff anything down their throats, that their infatuation with God , is just that. Atheists are just reaching  out to be "Saved" by anyone , group hugs for them all!

If that's what you think they are doing...it would show you lack understanding of their actions.
      Yes they do and it's completely irrational.
      I'll speak for myself and it's solely based addressing the irrationality of those who believe.
      Group hugs are always accepted, however, I don't think any atheist are reaching out to be saved. Their motives are something other than that.

14. profile image0

Whiners are just whiners guys, everyone see what I mean? They show up as always ready and willing to execute!.......

Your statement is no better than any religious who shows up and posts blah blah blah blah. roll

Yea but the read the end of the book ;)so its all kinda like a storm in a teacup wink

15. davenmidtown profile image68

lol... perfect

16. davenmidtown profile image68

:-)

17. profile image0

It just always seems so strange that non believers get such kicks out of spending so much time talking about something they don't believe in anyway , God ! That in itself suggests such a powerful need on your part , so we will be patient ! For Cagsil and  Earnest , the origional religious forum kings.

Maybe you should look, listen and learn something rather than choosing ignorance.
      Actually, this statement only proves you've a bad(skewed) perception.
      Actually, I'm the present forum King, but not because I spend so much time in the religious thread and had you spent any time outside of the political and religious forum threads, then you would understand.

18. profile image0

Right ......and here you are still!

19. profile image48

Christianity is invented by Paul; Jesus never followed any Christianity.

20. earnestshub profile image80

Yes I think you hear the sound of the buzzer fairly often.
    It must be annoying when you are trying to hear the other voices in your head. smile

1. profile image0

what a nice thing to say
      I can assure you the sound of a buzzer is metaphorical unlike the other.

21. LucidDreams profile image65
    LucidDreamsposted 12 years ago

The religions most people follow have not been around all that long.....including Christianity. We have found civilization which were very developed that date back 12,000 years. They didnt have the holy bible.

How come???????

22. profile image51

The Antichrist spirit is showing its ugly head.  In The Name of Jesus, be silent; you children of disobedience.

In the name of Fred, put it where the sun don't shine! smile

23. earnestshub profile image80

You wrote:

God went to elaborate means even capital punishment to preserve truth and honesty in his people and also their society

and you find that to be a valid social solution too right?

1. profile image0

and yours is?

I'm not running the world any more than your god is brothery, so I don't have any say in that.

1. profile image0

My 3 word post did not ask you if you are running the world, neither did it ask you if you had a say in that.

It asked you what your solution is
          Surely one who proclaims himself wise in psychology might be able to come up with some sort of solution and no im not trying to give you a headache smile

24. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
    Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 12 years ago

In John 4:24, Jesus declared, “God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”  You will never understand God unless you open your hearts and spirit. Jesus is true as I have seen the light.  It is your word against mine, I know.  But my brothers, true Christian believers and followers of Christ have all seen the light.  Those who refuse to see the light and the truth in his teachings to love one another may be just see more confusion, insecurity and uncertainty in life.  They may take pride of their human prowess or intelligence not believing that God who created us all and has made possible all the wonders that surround us, including our kids and our family whom they have learned to love, yet, they may see rough times ahead with the lack of peace in their life, and the lack of a lifeline in Christ Jesus, who is the redeeming light and the redeeming grace for all Christian believers.  Once you deny Christ, how can peace come into your family, as in Matthew 10:26-42?  All things that man created were made possible because God, by His divine power and wisdom, willed so as He granted great talents to whomever he wishes to bestow such gifts. Just see the hands of God in a gradually developing embryo, until his/her birth in nine months, fully developed in the mother's womb. Just see this beautiful planet we live in, with all its beauty and splendor, everything made in perfect harmony to complement each other and to provide life in all of God's creation.  Do we see this in Mars, Venus, Jupiter or in other planets?  Why not? Why only on earth that we see life? Is it by coincidence or by the power of our great Creator and Heavenly Father? Can the most intelligent being explain all these?  How come many are healed of their lingering illnesses by the power of faith in God through Christ Jesus?  How come many faithful Christians and saints were not afraid of death even when persecuted?  FAITH in their hearts and spirit, through the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit, my brothers, as they become one in Christ, this being far beyond human understanding and wisdom, this is what drives true Christians even to die for the love of others and to die in their faith. It is in being a true follower of Christ that one has eternal life in him.  If you credit material things and your creative mind as having made you happy, does the happiness last, or will it only be for a short time?  And after that, what happens?  Divided families and broken relationships?  For true followers of Christ, divisiveness is of the evil one which we try to avoid, as against unconditional love and forgiveness which is of Christ, and this binds relationships together. When you die, will you be able to bring along your mind, your human wisdom, your intelligence, or your wealth and possessions with you?  Even the late Steve jobs realized how one can be humbled in death, and that death is one great invention that man has to face for sure (may his soul rest in peace). Is not death the point of distinction of God's power for many?  Once faced by death, perhaps, you may ask yourself, "will there be eternal life in me?" Or if hell is true, "will I be damned through eternity?"  And that is 'infinite' times your life time, my brothers.  If you have experienced hell in this life without God, then you may know what I mean.  You may get nervous and panicky, but that, perhaps, may still be normal, especially if you have not believed in Christ Jesus, as you have preferred to sin against our Creator, who made all the beautiful things us. Yet, with an incorrigible mind, you may still refuse to see the truth, and remain blind of the love of God in your life. I surely hope not.  As in the bible, the book Ecclesiastes reminds us that everything in life is meaningless, but not until we learn to understand the wisdom of God and strive to become mature in spirit that we learn to “fear God and keep His commandments, which is the duty of man,” (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14), whence, shall God “bring indeed every deed into judgment, including every hidden things, whether it is good or evil.”  Remember, my brothers, God in Christ loves us, as I love you in Christ Jesus, hence, your salvation in Christ is my concern, onto eternal life. Will you live for the love of God and of others, or will it be for the love of Mammon (evil, material things, sins of lust, pride and selfishness, malice and hate) as in Matthew 6:24?  The choice is yours, my brothers.

25. earnestshub profile image80

What a pile of old washing this is.

There are no gods, invisible fairies don't need to run your life, you can simply stop being frightened of dying by living this life, not existing for the next one that isn't gonna happen. smile

26. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 12 years ago

@earnestshub: Didn't anyone ever teach you manners?  You can disagree with someone without insulting them.  Throughout this post you have justified your lack of manners by saying others are wrong and believe in things you don't believe.  One's credibility goes to pot when one's arrogance flares up.  And a happy face doesn't make people smile after you've called them ignorant.

1. profile image0

sometimes ya have to step around pot holes

No I am not the one doing the insulting, I just reply to myths as myths, your view of me is of no interest, you are on the team that threatens, lies, then feels insulted and hard done by while you use forums to flog your beliefs in mythology as fact like used car salesmen. If you want respect, do what everyone else has to and earn it. smile

27. Sky9106 profile image65
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

"Invisible fairness" Let those that have eyes and understanding within themselves look to their own selves and behold the creation of the Most High God. I would not quote scriptures, because obviously you won't believe them also.
    So I now ask you human to human, what do you believe, that we all simply crawled out from under a rock?
    So now I speak without any use of the Bible,  l Believe in my mother and her mother etc, without those I believe in Time, it seems that  time is that entity that will be the closest to The Most High God. that's  in relation to everything else.
    Time did not find us, we found it, we simply became, possibly one of the most significant occurrence within time.  A man's wisdom will help him, to learn to utilize his time and be that good human and give thanks for his time. Based on what your parents taught , the respect , love , appreciation and even understanding , should have been the beginning of that wisdom,  that usually lead to your belief.

I now ask my father the Most High God in whom I sincerely believe to show you the way, and I give Thanks, because I believe that it's already done!

28. profile image48

Jesus was a truthful person; he did not originate Christianity hence it is not truthful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)