Why do you derive joy in destroying peoples' writing ambition?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (98 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

Why do you derive joy in destroying peoples' writing ambition through discouraging comments, instead of encouraging them through polite corrections? Please if one feels that he or she is an expert, why not help the novice to learn, because a learner will one day become an expert, what do you think?

1. Lgali profile image57
      Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i totally agree in my view if can not encourge somebody do not say anything

2. lisafwg01 profile image59
      lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A wise person once told me that if you only want to hear positive comments and flattery, then spend your time talking to yourself in a mirror or writing in your own private journal; don't ever voice your oinions and thoughts in public because that invites others to form (and voice) their opinions in regard to you and your work. If you cannot take criticism you will never make it as a writer in any real capacity.

1. lbtrader profile image60
        lbtraderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree with you on that one. I'd rather get no comments or sincere comments than just those 'phishing' comments by people who just want to see their name appear somewhere in the hope of getting clicks to their profile in order to get further clicks on their ads.

2. shibashake profile image83
        shibashakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really sure about that. I am usually my own harshest critic smile

3. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily true.  Some of my best writing has been independent of any criticism, or at least my history professors told me so.  Some of my worst writing was when I took the word of other students to change my essay.

If you are publishing a book it is one thing to have an editor, but I would not rely on the opinions of others overly much. Write for yourself and laugh at all the silly comments I say.

1. lisafwg01 profile image59

Being able to handle criticism is not the same as blindly following/believing the criticism of others. A part of being able to take criticism is being able to discern what is worthwhile and what is not.

Either way, a writer will always face critics; that is just a fact of the business.

3. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cannot say I have seen or would ever view the hub here in question.  Have you heard that indifference is actually a bigger insult than negative responses?

If you have real writing ambition, then you also must have something you really want to write about.  When you locate that, your best writing will come.  Further, if you are really serious about your writing, I don't think you would post this kind of question on the forum--you might have written to the commenter directly.  Therefore, I don't think this is about writing at all...

BTW, the Hubpage audience is very mild about criticism, compared to most writing programs, guaranteed--or real life, which will criticize by simply never saying a word about your stuff--will be indifferent.

2. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of douchebags out there who just like to talk shit...shrug it off.  I have so many negative comments on my woodstock 09 hub it will make your head spin.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Probably doesn't help writing racist, sexist hubs entitled "How to get laid with an Indian or Nigerian girl."

Just a thought.

I hasten to add that I have not made any comments on Mr. accofrancos's hubs. DIscouraging or otherwise.

1. Lgali profile image57

Mark there are few here always blunt

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I take it that Acco's hissy fit here is fueled by me pointing out to him in said hub that his generalizations of "American women" was disgusting. This coming from a guy who is so pained by the generalization that Nigerians are scammers.

I had noticed an absence of Acco on the forum and wondered what he had been up to. Checking in to see how he was going with his hubs. What he had published was completely inappropriate. It was worse than a mohamedmm forum thread full of gay hate.

What's interesting is his hub has since been deleted or unpublished. I didn't report it, so I guess someone else did or he pulled it himself.

4. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

accofranco,

I get weird and odd comments all the time, so just delete what you do not like.  No one can discourage you if you truly believe in what you are writing.

5. accofranco profile image79

Thanks for all your encouragements,i really appreciate. In the beginning of that hub how to get laid... i first appologized for offending anyone yet, people find it offensive please forgive me.

1. lisafwg01 profile image59

Apologizing in advance for writing or saying something that you know is offensive doesn't make the material any less offensive.

The article in question was offensive on several levels and you knew that from the getgo or you would not have felt the need to apologize in advance in the first place.

Personally, I find fake contriteness rather abhorrent. If you are going to be offensive at least own it.

2. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I don't think apologising in advance for an article is good enough when it results in massively sweeping generalisations such as 'an American girl finds it pleasing to get laid with many guys', 'Every high school girl in America has a well-built site were she displays her beautiful provocative pictures and even videos' and 'This is what an Indian girl looks like, she is unique and outstanding but she lacks something, the ability to communicate well in English'.

1. sunstreeks profile image81
        sunstreeksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto...but

Yep, cept some of us prefer to not have many guys at one time, it's easier with just a handful. If only because guys get jealous they aren't getting enough face time, and your like, "we'll I'll be with you in 5 minutes, you want on the train, get in line" and he's like, "well I don't want to wait in line" and  "that guy cut in front" Ugh. Frustrating.

Actually.. if you take out the "every" part and change it to "many", this is actually pretty accurate. grown men everywhere are very thankful for Tom and his MYSPACE.

3. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

quit crying acco and apologizing for your hub, it was entertaining for me. If anyone bothers you with their comments tell them to screw off. Don't back down from them. "Everyone needs to learn how to get laid",  that should be the title of your next hub. Get those hookers and cocaine ready for my visit to you yet?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You know, you publish on a public site you have to expect these sorts of comments. It goes with the territory. If you were writing professionally they wouldn't take the time to give you advice. Being a writer means having to develop a thick skin. You can't expect every comment to be kind and fauning.

7. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Still, even if you don't offend anyone, or at least you think you haven't, there will still be people who mock not only your writing, but you as a person as well.

Especially fanboys...

8. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I'm not defending accofranco -- I'll get to the "not defending" in a minute -- but I wanted to point out that he was responding, with the hub in question, to a request. I don't know whether or not the request was deleted, but someone requested "how to get laid with Indian girls" or something of that nature. I thought it was utterly disgusting, but ignored it.

I also want to point out that in several of my hubs I state at the beginning "I know that this is going to offend someone and I'm sorry if it does. This is just me." But I'm also not making sweeping generalizations about an entire culture.

Here in the United States, we have the freedom of speech. We can express whatever opinions we may have about, well, anything. Hubpages doesn't particularly police the site. We are allowed to post opinions in our hubs without fear of being deleted (in most cases). But the fact is that this is a private site, and not a public (US) domain. What you write here is allowed by Hubpages and they can also remove it if they feel it is inappropriate (and racism and hate is generally thought to be inappropriate).

What kind of feedback do you expect to get on hubs of this nature? I've been accused of only wanting comments that agree with me, but that has never been the case. I would immediately delete any comment that was insulting to another commenter as well. I absolutely will not comment on your hubs because of some of the nastiness you've allowed to get through!

I just honestly think you need to choose your topics more wisely!

9. accofranco profile image79

@everyday miracles, your advice is one of the best i can count on since i can recall. Anyway thanks. @Goldentoad, thanks man, sure they are ready.

10. accofranco profile image79

@everyday miracles, your advice is one of the best i can count on since i can recall. Anyway thanks. @Goldentoad, thanks man, sure they are ready.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And she said it so much more nicely than I did. wink

You might want to also try and distinguish between negative comments about your opinions of women and "destroying people's writing ambition."

I am sure there is a market for almost anything you wish to write about and developing your writing skills has very little to do with the subject matter.

Look at it this way - at least you made your point clear. Which as far as I am concerned is one of the most important writing skills there is. big_smile

11. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Did somebody mention Hookers and Cocaine?  Room for one more? smile

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't like to share myself, ask acco, maybe he's a bit more generous about it.

12. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

Accofranco- My friend once we throw a stone in the water then the ripples are bound to happen. Now as far as the subject and treatment of  it is concerned if you write stuff that makes people come but makes them leave with disgust then it is a short term strategy (as in the long run some folks like me will avoid coming in the first place).
    Secondly, if I call you a "genius" do you become a genius and if I call you a "fool" do you become one? You are what you are (hopefully having positive self image). Please do consider all views and sometimes the most bitter words could be the moment of truth from which we learn in life. Have a good day. smile

1. BundleBoy profile image71
      BundleBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Country Women - Awesome reply! smile

1. countrywomen profile image59
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning. smile Thanks BundleBoy for being the bundle of joy for me.

13. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

(Isn't Countrywomen just the sweetest soul on Hubpages?)

I humbly bow down to such an exalted opinion (which I am sure I don't deserve).http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6879/bowdowntj8.gif
      PS: If I  post a Cliff Richards song then it might change her opinion of me anytime wink

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
        Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NOOOOOoooooooooo!  not Cliff Richards!

I knew it tongue

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

I am with Teresa on this one. I once accidentally went to a Cliff Richards Gospel concert. It is one of the main reasons for my atheism. Uuuugh.

1. trooper22 profile image62
            trooper22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are the Man Mark LOL!

2. LondonGirl profile image82
            LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did you accidentally do that?!

My mum said, "Hey - Cliff Richard is here. Want to go to a concert guys?"

Me and my 2 brothers "Oh yes please."

Tickets arrive - say "Gospel."

"I am not going to that."

"Oh yes you are. I have paid for the tickets and you are damn well going."

lol

1. frogdropping profile image78
                frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No excuses Mr Knowles. Absolutely none. You didn't have to listen - ever heard of teenage rebellion? smile

* hangs his head in shame *

Fair enough, mothers have power.

For a while, this is true. Once they reach a certain size, this ceases to be so. In my own dear mother's case, she developed what can only be described as Olympic quality passive/aggressive abilities to compensate, lol

1. LondonGirl profile image82

Nah, it's just adapted power.

2. Lgali profile image57

yes i agree too

Thanks Lgali http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/LisaMznutz/Smilies/flowersforyou.gif

1. Lgali profile image57

you are always welcome how are you doing?

I am fine and hope everything is going well at your end too. Now time to get back to work. Have a great day my friend. smile

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/meganwonderdog/smilies/compguy.gif

1. Lgali profile image57
    3. accofranco profile image79
      accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

solidly behind that opinion. Thanks CW. How was your day?

14. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Wow, that hub really was offensive.

15. Everyday Miracles profile image86

He unpublished it, Glen. He posted another thread saying so. I read your comments and completely agree with you!

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't often post comments in hubs.

I may post something if I disagree with a hubbers statement, for instance if they said something factually inaccurate, I'll point it out.

For the most part if I disagree with a hubber opinion, I won't say anything. In fact I enjoy reading opinions that differ from mine if they deliver it with rapier like wit.

16. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Acco maybe next time rather stick to what you know, like the Top 10 Nigerian email scams.
    I never commented on your hub as the title was enough to put me off going there.

17. Everyday Miracles profile image86

I'm not much of a commenter either. I know this upsets some people, but sometimes I just don't have time. I tend to leave *long* comments. For example, here I am on the forums when my goal for today was to set up all of my hubs to break the 70 hubscore barrier before going out of town for the weekend. Go figure!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well hubber it! lol have a great week-end EM!

18. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well assuming Hubpages allowed the question on in the first place let me be the first one to not throw stones..( but I can mutter ewww right?)

anyway back to the question yea I prefer to say nothing if I cant be helpful,if they ask then sure but I figure we are all pretty much in the same boat ,classroom ,website at the end of the day ( just my opinion)

1. mandybeau profile image58
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No acco would be thrown out of the Classroom sitting in the corridor, back to the wall hoping he didn't meet up with fierycj, hahahahaha freezing here today I need mittens, Hope you are in the sun. Well heat I have just realised the time thing. I always assume everyone is sitting in daylight if I am? I am not sure which I think is the bigger ..... acco or fierycj.

my guess the small brain dictates to the big brain
        hot n muggy here kiwi sis ,kids playin , someone fixin there car
        faint smell of steak griling somewhere ,just might have to introduce myself lol
        hey you will never guess what I found growing wild here in the U.S. of A......PUHA!!!

19. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

There is a famous saying by someone famous (duh) that goes something like: Be the change you want to see in the world. One could easily adapt that to Hub Pages. Be the hubber you want to read your hubs.
    If you write controversial shite you can hardly expect to get all sympathetic comments. If you write hubs that people enjoy reading, that share something of yourself, then you will get positive comments.
    But as to discouraging or destroying people's writing ambition?
    Anyone serious about improving his/her writing here on HP has a ready-made audience of helpful critics. All you have to do is ask for honest feedback. I don't even think that is necessarily reserved for newbies. If you want people to critique your writing so you can improve on it, put that out there.
    What I am trying to say is that it's unwise to confuse form and substance, or to assume that becomes someone disagrees with the substance of your hub they also disagree with the form or style in which it is written.
    Maybe your writing ambition could benefit from being stretched in a different direction content-wise (?).

But how can we tell the experts from the wanna be experts?
      And I have seen helpful advice given and then opinion based on whether they liked the content or not?,isnt that just a personal opinion?
      My sister ( who isnt part of Hubpages) had a 20 min cruise and her first impressions were alot of people write about sex or lingerie ,or how to be sexy...I just replied well look at HB like a city and you sweetie were on THAT side of town lol

20. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

This isn't some mutual-masturbation, aren't-you-wonderful site. This is a site where people offer constructive criticism, as far as they can. In the case of random racist, sexist tirades, constructive may prove tricky.

I have told him this in the past, but I haven't put it as eloqently as you lol, Read his comment on my Do you tell lies forum, shame of it is I think he is serious.

21. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

At least it was one time only. My Ma was born same day, same year. Had a horrible affection for Cliff. He was forever on the record player.

And don't get me started about the day video players came on the scene ...

I have things to say to Mr Richards.

I have met him and although he is incredibly annoying from a distance - he is one of those people whom it is impossible to say anything nasty to because he is soooo bloody nice.

1. frogdropping profile image78

To be honest - I can believe that. I don't really dislike the guy, I don't know him.

Saying that - her other thing was Demis Roussos and Nana Mouskouri.

It was a difficult childhood.

Add Johnny Mathis and it would appear we had the same childhood. smile

Brother !

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like my childhood too smile Cliff and Englebert...

1. Amanda Severn profile image93
        Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Val Doonican, and Morecambe and Wise on the telly!

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. Amanda Severn profile image93
            Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice one Sufi!

22. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

You folks had interesting parents, I'm thinking.  My mother listened to Nat King Cole and Perry Como.  I've only heard of two of the people you mentioned, and I don't know either of their music.  (Returning to the cave I've apparently been living in now...)   smile

I suspect we are both English big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, that explains it.  Now I don't have to wonder if I spent time in a coma and didn't know about it until now.  smile

2. frogdropping profile image78

Your thinking is correct Mr Knowles smile Through and through - to the marrow. And yes, Johny Mathis.

Rolling Stones, The Who, John Denver, Beatles, Mike Oldfield etc etc. When my dad had charge of the record player, life was rocking, psychedelic, mellow - and Sundays was all about the Muppets smile

Lisa - my parents weren't interesting. My dad was. My Ma was something altogether different ...

So true - my dad liked The Who, The Kinks and Queen. My stepdad liked Led Zep, AC/DC and King Crimson.

My mother........Cliff Richard, Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder (when he had that horrible period in the 80's) sad

23. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Did he really write a hub on that, Mark? I mean about laying a Nigerian chick and all? Did he really? I wouldn't wanna dignify him by checking it out for myself.

Yes. It is now unpublished though. big_smile

24. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

In fairness to anyone who writes the "out-of-line" Hub, I'll give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't realize some stuff doesn't fly well on some sites.  Some Hubbers have lost me on the forum here (when it comes to reading their Hubs), with a few too many remarks that are a "little too much".  I guess people can write what they want (???!!), but some are going to lose a lot of potential readers if they don't leave some remarks about women "at the door" when they write.  (As I write this I'm sitting here, laughing at how bizarre certain things are.  smile  I know it isn't funny, but some stuff is just kind of amazing.   smile  )

25. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

The man was a legend - maybe a Hub at some point in the future! smile

He was indeed a legend. I am kneeling and bowing as we speak.

....and I had you down as a Les Dennis worshipper lol

Nah. Eric and Ernie and the two Ronnies. The good old days.  big_smile

26. Sufidreamer profile image79

Ahh...the memories - Ronnie Barker = Comedy Genius. I loved Tommy Cooper and Spike Milligan as well.

'Cannon and Ball' and 'Little and Large', on the other hand.....mad

27. Mark Knowles profile image59

You can keep them. Spike Milligan. Loved him and the rest of the goons. Before my time really, but see if you can find a recording of "the Red Fort."

"Adolf Hitler - my part in his downfall" is to this day one of the funniest books I have ever read.

The Goons - absolutely brilliant - my Grandad was a big fan, and had lots of their stuff, but I have a feeling that most of it went over my head.

I have that book on my bookshelf - quality smile

o-err-- 'e's fallen in the water!! is still squeaked out in our family for no particular reason -- that's from a Goon Show.
        AH: my part in his downfall is one of the few books that did, ever, make me laugh out loud (sorry to interrupt: just had to butt in).

No worries - although we seem to have hijacked the thread away from the OP's destroyed writing ambitions. big_smile

He's fallen in the......... whatah. lol

well -- looking back through the thread, I can see we were raised with the same taste in comedy.

Good thing too (-:

28. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Just to help prove the numerous points: That No One has Destroyed an ambition (In fact: the compliment has probably too subtle in a forum)..

I would like to draw everyone's attention to Monty Python's skits on UTube: - Fish Slapper's Dance - Black Knight etc.

And in this way I may contribute to the derivance of joy in destroying the subject matter perhaps.

Seriously Enjoy

29. Mark Knowles profile image59

Monty Python. Now we are talking. My favorites are "The Cheese Shop," "the Dead Parrot" and "Is this the right room for an argument?"

Plus the songs Spam and Lumberjacks. I could go on for ever. lol

30. Sufidreamer profile image79

The films were great, too - The Life of Brian is so funny, but I like Monty Python and the Holy Grail - mainly for the Camelot song. T'is a silly place lol

The mirth did not stop there - Fawlty Towers.......I have seen them all so many times, yet they are still funny.

31. Pearldiver profile image67

You were referring to "The Lumberjack Song" in German or French Canadian?  My God, I'm a Kiwi... Our Modern day Jumberjacks (here) seem to have morphed between both working styles.

32. Pearldiver profile image67

John Clease went on beyond Fawlty Towers (which is about to be released soon as a reunion series)... To produce a series of Sales & Marketing Training Videos.  They were amazing.  I used them as a training tool for my sales reps.

Nice to meet you both - I'm Rob (Pearldiver) Bumble Town - NZ

33. Mark Knowles profile image59

Welcome smile

I loved those training videos - I must have watched the 20 years ago.

34. Pearldiver profile image67

Yep.. Fime tlys... I was hoping you wouldn't mention life in such periods... we only get 4 of them.

35. Sufidreamer profile image79

Howdy, Rob,

Sufi, an English exile living in Greece.

I have met a few Kiwis, and appreciate the humour. I remember the training videos, although Rowan Atkinson did some funny ones a few years back - they seemed to be standard at the time smile

36. Pearldiver profile image67

Sufi... I am in awe.. You Rock in the Craddle of Civilization.  Good On You mate.  Yep, Kiwis are Kiwis... You have another one as a fan ... I will tattoo 260 on my forehead and walk backwards.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)