Merry Xmas to all my Right Wing Frenemies

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

No joke. no sarcasm, I mean it.

I may think you are all illogical and worse, but I do realize that at least MOST of you (all but the Koch Brothers, Murdoch and the like) actually want the same thing all we  fuzzy thinking Liberals want - a better world.

So: Merry Xmas.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas, Pcunix!

Sincerely,

paradigmsearch (a registered independent) smile

1. melbel profile image94
        melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas!

-Melanie (Independent)

2. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas big_smile and also a happy new year lol

3. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas right backatcha!

smile

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

What kind of reply do you think this is going to get?

Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nastiness from those who won't even declare  a Xmas truce, maybe, but perhaps a recognition from some that we do have some  patches of ground that we don't have to fight over?

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Right. Well, Merry Christmas then.

(from a Brit Tory who's right wingness is probably very lame and milquetoast by most American standards)

Might even be a dreaded Liberal over here :-)

2. Hollie Thomas profile image62
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

EmpressFelicity, when Cam's been kicked out as the tory leader, who would you want to lead?

1. profile image0
            EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I dunno!

I am a bit cynical about party politics really. I don't think that these days, there is anything to choose between the mainstream political parties/politicians in Britain - they all hover in the same quadrant of the political compass.

Another thing that is never acknowledged by the media (or by voters themselves) is that a lot of the "stuff" that goes on with the economy and so forth is beyond the control of politicians. As Alessio Rastani* said, "Governments don't rule the world. Goldman Sachs rules the world."

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62

Your absolutely right, Goldman Sachs does rule the world. For the time being that is. Strangely, although a left winger, I  believe that John Major was twice the man that TBlair was. I wish I had had that insight at the time and not been so caught up in the left and right mentality. JM never allowed the likes of Murdoch and GS, JP Morgan etc. to have unbridled control the way they've had over the last couple of decades.

If I had to pick a right winger, it would be good old Ken, don't laugh!

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

Alas...

1. paradigmsearch profile image59

The ambiguity of my previous statement leaves no bounds.

3. profile image0
        SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/byemylife.jpg

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, that looks just like Randy Godwin!

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sure he owns the patent on it.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Merry Xmas (a fully fledged, paid up member of the Greens)

4. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 12 years ago

Frenemies!  LOL!  That's classic.  Merry CHRISTmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas...you fuzzy thinking Liberal...you! (Well...you said it first...big_smile!)

We all do want a better World...that is for sure.

You people always forget "looney".  The proper extended form is Lunatic Tree Hugging Fuzzy Headed Bleeding Heart Liberal, but I do understand the space that wastes..

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
        manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well...Please feel free to edit at will...if you insist lol (And a Happy New Year, too!)

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Can't we all just get along?
    at least for a few days.
    http://youtu.be/1sONfxPCTU0

Ayup.  But on January 2d, I'm turning nasty again.  Well, maybe semi-nasty.  Or possibly just mildly critical and it can build from there?

Til then, sweetness and light.  Well, maybe not sweetness.  But I put away the poison darts.

7. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas and a PROSPEROUS New Year to you, Pcunix, and all of us at Hub Pages.
    Mighty Mom
    Registered Dem

We're only confessing political leanings here, right? Or left, as the case may be. smile

You can confess anything you like :-)

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas, everyone.

OK, hold the rotten tomatoes for my big (and brave) confession:

Registered, just-over-the-line, Republican (but with several toes on the other side of that line - if that helps). Classic "right-winger"?  No, but left-winger?  Really no.   (I always like to point all that out because I don't like getting lumped in with "right wing nuts" when there's so much about what some "real" right-wingers believe that I don't (but nobody ever seems to realize that no all right-leaners are at the same point on the "how-far-right" scale.  hmm

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n593/Froggie-jeejo/ae5807fa47ad0400a8d311d6jpg.gif

8. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Isn't it kind of naive to assume that all right wing voters are religious though, as I know quite a few that are atheists.  Just saying.

I believe that as a lunatic liberal, I am both entitled and expected to be naive?

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never said anything about what was expected of you, as I just think the generalization is naive.  That's all.  However, good luck with your thread.  By the way, I don't think liberals are lunatics anymore than I do about conservatives, as I think both parties have their good points and bad.  Besides, I have followers myself that are on both sides of the fence, so it would be foolish of me have any preconceived notions about a person's choice of political party.  In my mind all political parties lie to people.  Some politicians just lie more than others.  However, that's another topic to discuss at another time. 

Knowing you don't like people saying anything religious towards you, I'll just say Happy New Year to you.  Yes, I know new year hasn't happened yet, but it's close though.  Plus, I don't know when I'll see you again, as I don't visit forums as often as I used to, so I hope you have a happy new year.

I don't care about people saying religious things.. My wife does - she gets very annoyed  when neighbors sends cards with angels, never mind the ones that say anything about 'God".

But she was brought up Catholic.  Some of them get very bitter.  Me, I don't care.  Don't tell me who your god wants me to vote for, though :-)

So again: Merry Christmas!

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol. Okay.  I thought I read a few forum posts that you didn't care for people saying religious things to you, so I was merely trying to be considerate, but that's good to know thanks. 

I honestly don't care who you vote for Pcunix, as I feel that's a private matter anyway.

And again:  Happy New Year!

2. Mighty Mom profile image78

My god still believes in HOPE!
            lol

Happy Xmas, MM and Wes! smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image78

Oh hell. Waaayyyy worse than naive.
        Deliberately slow on the uptake.
        Unwilling to listen to reason or see the truth.
        Frustratingly and fatally obtuse!
        They don't call us LibTARDS for nothing, now do they?

Oops. Sorry. I momentarily lapsed out of the seasonal politically correct mood.
        lol

1. American View profile image61
          American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

MM

Have a great Christmas holiday for you and your family. See you around

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stevennix, I don't know about naive, but it's certainly incorrect.  There are a lot of completely non-religious Republicans.

Like Jamie on Mythbusters, I reject your reallity and substitute my own.

9. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 12 years ago

A great new year, when it comes, to everyone. I am stopping smoking this year... again.

Buy an e-cigarette. I have not smoked for five weeks, and have had a 30 a day habit for 20 years. I could not have done it without the e-cigarette!

10. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

How can a godless liberal know anything of Christmas? lol

A Merry Christmas to you, PC, from an atheist usually a little right of center.  May the new year be a better one for all of us, even those terrible and fearsome liberals.

11. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas from your newly converted Atheist & Communist smile

12. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas, pcunix? And not Happy Holidays? You've got yourself some right leaning manners tonight! I expected a nice lib Happy Insert_Your_Holiday_or_non-holiday_Here. After all, I was raised Baptist/Catholic/Methodist/Jewish (for real!) Where's my Happy Hanukkah? I'm feeling left out in this thread. :'(

Joking aside, it's the first night of Hanukkah. Time to get blasted on manischewitz wine and eat some latkes. I'd get snazzy with some jordan almonds, but I'm allergic. sad Found that out on T-giving.

I was going to write a hub on getting menorah candles to fit, but bloody hell, I couldn't get them to fit for my demo. I guess I didn't perfect it as I'd originally thought. Next year, I'm heading to the hardware store for a soldering iron. Hopefully I won't be joyous on manischewitz, that would be scary. tongue

Well, if I do not know a person well, I do say "Happy Holidays".  I'm apt to say that to Jewish friends too because I never pronounce Hanukkah well and it's so hard to keep track of when it is.

But Christmas has so little religious attachment, I don't think of it in any PC context.

13. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Happy New year. smile

14. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I am sick to death of so called Christians whining about Happy Holidays.

Even on Facebook where a game I play posted Happy Hanukkah wishes all these Christians came in yelling that it should be Merry Christmas. One even went as far as to posts "I thought this was America, we celebrate Christmas." These people are out of control I tell you.

Let me finish by saying that I know this is not the majority of Christians who act like total jackasses.

It is not hypocritical for non-Christians to celebrate Christmas, the holiday has become so much more than just a religious holiday. It has been since I was a kid and it always will be. Just try and ignore Christmas.

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a religious argument smile

I know, I know.

The thing is that they feel threatened.  They think it's a slippery slope that will lead to religious persecution.

I know, that's utterly ridiculous - but when people FEEL threatened, their feelings ARE real. 

I try to remind them that even I, a strong atheist who loudly objects to the intrusion of religion into governenment, am a strong defender of their religious freedom. 

Does that help?  Probably not :-)  But maybe it gives them some reason to be a little less fearful.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Pc, that's as 'fuzzy' as I've every read you.  I think I'm gonna cry.  Happy Holy Days!

Now THAT I would not like.  There's nothing "holy" about it to me and a lot of other people.  That makes me feel like you want to impose your beliefs on me.

I don't get hopping mad about it and if you said it verbally, I would respond with "Happy Holidays" unless I knew you to be Christian, in which case I'd say "Merry Xmas". 

But I WOULD be annoyed.

15. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Happy Solstice everyone!!!!!  Today!!!!

Have a grand yuletide.

Woohoo longer days.....

Merry Christmas too...........

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Hard to believe Christmas is coming here. It's foggy right now and rain is predicted smile

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not coming here - but I'm going home in a couple of days to find it smile

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Went outside to set garbage out early, and the barest skiff of snow. smile

Unfortunately, that's all that is predicted for the week. sad

Well, I'm in the deserts of Arabia. We get a handful of rainy days per year, but snow - no chance!

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where is Home?

Home is West Midlands, England. Heading back for Christmas smile

17. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas, PQ!
    (from a card-totin' Republican who sometimes rebels by voting D or I)

18. Greenhousewife profile image80
    Greenhousewifeposted 12 years ago

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PQ, from a  fellow liberal! A reminder folks, it is the holiday season and not just CHRISTMAS is going on right now! It is ignorant of those who claim only "Merry Christmas" is appropriate during this season! So I say to all my hubber friends: Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Blessed Yule, A Peaceful Bodhi Day, and an enlightening Day of Ashura!

19. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Well, it didn't last long.  Right wing illogic has driven me to insanity yet again.

I tried, I really, really tried but it is just hopeless.  I want to scream.

As much as we'd all like to, you can't make people see through your eyes. We have to accept each other, however hard, for our own sanity. I'm saying this as what you Americans would define as a liberal. Keep talking, keep reasoning and don't give up. A little understanding?

I tried.  There is no point.  They can't see past their rhetoric, don't ever notice that their own words are illogical.

I give up.  Too frustrating.  You can't reason with people incapable of reason.

No, but you can still keep reasoning. All is not lost, remember the inspiration for this post. And, Pcunix, wishing  a very merry Christmas, to you and yours. smile I'm gonna post a nice link soon, too. smile

20. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. May everyone be safe and with their loved ones. Please remember those who cannot be with their loved ones like those brave men and women in the armed forces, all the first responders who will also be out protecting us all. I worked many holidays while I was with the FDNY. I know what it is like to miss time with the family. And to not forget the politics here, I am an independent.

By the way, sure lot of people who are not on the right that answered a post titled for the right LOL smile

We can agree on all that, anyway.

21. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

These spats and arguments belong in the politics and religion forums, not here, and I say that as a left-of-center, liberal, atheist type!  Happy xmas to all anyway!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)